THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Jul 2024, 01:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: When did Dora first say she was bi?  (Read 25269 times)

helloandgoodbye

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • I have a cloaca too. ;)
When did Dora first say she was bi?
« on: 19 Oct 2009, 19:45 »

Does anyone know the reference comic because I'm kind of curious all of a sudden.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
Re: When did Dora first say she was bi?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2009, 20:20 »

I think it was around the same time Marten met Dora and Sven's parents. I don't know the exact number but it's around 1000 somewhere.

EDIT: One archive binge later:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1047

EDIT 2: She might have said something about it long before that, though.
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2009, 20:35 by bicostp »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2009, 20:49 »

Nothing really definitive prior to 1047, she may have been kidding about making out with a woman in 404. Though it would be hard to argue that her actions toward Faye were mere teasing.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2009, 22:06 »

Yeah, before 1047 it was kind of a running debate, since everything other than the DJ (and maybe the "die happy" thing) was an obvious joke, and that might still have been a joke.  The fans tweeked the fuck out over that line at the end.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2009, 22:15 »

the_cheese > the_salami + the_bologna
You, sir, madam or other, are wrong:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=DzFa5jrw9UY

thret

• Plantmonster
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2009, 05:40 »

Is Marten going to get his threesome or what? Why doesn't he take Dora to strip clubs so she can get lapdances? If she is really bi the subject of some extra action would have already come up. It's the first thing any guy thinks of a girl tells him she's played both sides before. The second thing is anxiety about cunnilingus, but the first is 'ooh, threesome'?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2009, 06:03 »

Ii think after growing up in his family, Marten's just a plain vanilla kind of guy. 

Besides, threesomes are way overrated.  One body's enough to keep anybody busy! 

Oh, yeah, there's that other thing... Love.  Monogamy may be weird, but some people swear by it! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2009, 07:09 »

The fans tweeked the fuck out over that line at the end.
Tweeked?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2009, 07:24 »

Is Marten going to get his threesome or what? Why doesn't he take Dora to strip clubs so she can get lapdances? If she is really bi the subject of some extra action would have already come up. It's the first thing any guy thinks of a girl tells him she's played both sides before. The second thing is anxiety about cunnilingus, but the first is 'ooh, threesome'?

When will you "He's Just Not That Into You" types get it through your heads?

You do not speak for all men.  You speak for yourself and your fratboy buddies.

Men do not act differently just to impress women.  Men act differently because they're not your kind.

I am so sick of hearing spiels like this, imbeciles claiming to speak for all men, saying we're beasts to be tamed.  You may not be complicated or civil; I reserve the right.

Really, I almost think you're just doing it just to puff women's egos.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #9 on: 20 Oct 2009, 07:26 »

I'm bi and I can tell you right now that any guy who suggests a threesome is gone. If I'm with someone, that's who I want to be with, if I want to be with someone else, then I'll be with someone else. I'm not a sharer by nature and I'm not going to invest myself emotionally in someone who's willing to share me. The one caveat being that I've never been emotionally attached to two people at once, so I don't know how I'd handle that. I think that if you're with someone who is bi, not in an open relationship and/or not keen to possibly ruin your relationship for the sake of a sexual novelty, it's just more people to worry about your partner being attracted to.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2009, 07:48 »

Besides, "threesomes are like Communism..."

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #11 on: 20 Oct 2009, 08:33 »

They work only if the population is small enough?

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct 2009, 10:21 »

I'm bi and I can tell you right now that any guy who suggests a threesome is gone.

That's an unfortunate attitude, because it creates a universal disincentive to asking. You have replaced a "yes or no" question with a "yes or you're gone" question, which means that people in relationships where both people would be open to such an idea are never going to discover that possibility for fear that the other will dump them over it.

I think that if you're ... not in an open relationship

How is anyone ever supposed to have an open relationship if they can't even discuss the possibility like adults?

There is a difference between merely not wanting an open relationship for yourself and setting out to ruin things for everyone.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2009, 10:27 by Random832 »

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #13 on: 20 Oct 2009, 11:07 »

I think that if you want an open relationship that is the sort of thing you discuss early on. I've got no problem with someone saying "How do you feel about open relationships?" You discuss it and decide if you can have a relationship despite differing views/needs. I think that's vastly different than having someone I'm already sleeping with pop out with "Hey! Wanna have a threesome?" I don't have sex with people I don't know fairly well, so the odds are that, if it hasn't already been discussed then at the least, they know my general attitude about it. If they choose not to respect that then they aren't someone I choose to be with.

There is a huge difference, in my book, between an open relationship and having a threesome.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2009, 11:41 by maddness »
Fight Me, Bitches!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #14 on: 20 Oct 2009, 12:56 »

Anyway, Dora and Marten negotiated monogamy from the start.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #15 on: 20 Oct 2009, 16:00 »

Well, as in so much of life, Your Mileage May Vary, but I've had three separate experiences of threesomes, in each case with me joining an existing couple (my username refers to more than just my interest in programming). None of them had any negative effects on the parties involved (and in one case I was asked back for seconds).

If you're bi, the only ethical alternatives are threesomes, serial monogamy, or an open relationship, otherwise you're going to be cheating on somebody. And serial monogamy doesn't appeal because it implies a trail of ex-es.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #16 on: 20 Oct 2009, 16:26 »

^^Er, what? Bi people are as capable of being monogamous as the next person. Just because a straight chick is attracted to dudes who are not her monogamous-partner doesn't mean she has to act on it.. just like women who are attracted to women! And men who are attracted to men!

I was down with that comment until that, that just confuses me. Frankly the lack of kink bothers me more than lack of lady time in my relationship... I'm a bit sad I didn't get to experiment more but them's the breaks (if I want to stay with my partner which I do).

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #17 on: 20 Oct 2009, 21:25 »

That said, I always had a fond spot for Anything That Moves.

How bad is it that I was expecting that to be a link to a certain other wiki?

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #18 on: 20 Oct 2009, 22:25 »

^^Er, what? Bi people are as capable of being monogamous as the next person.

That's not what I was implying (I did offer monogamy as an option). But yes, in the cold light of morning I see that I posted possibly my stupidest comment ever.  Sorry everyone. :oops:

Bi people do not have a monopoly on fancying more than one person at the same time - straight and gays have the same choices.

Must learn not to attempt writing Profound Truths when tired, and a little drunk.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #19 on: 20 Oct 2009, 23:38 »

Is Marten going to get his threesome or what? [...]
Damn, where is the puke smiley ? No puke smiley ! Damn !
Carpe Diem

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2009, 01:58 »

Does anyone know the reference comic because I'm kind of curious all of a sudden.
Any advance on 117?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Manix

« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2009, 03:00 »

Dora is pretty obviously Bi, Though I tend to think she comes down more on the Het side than the Homo side.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2009, 05:19 »

Just remember kids, sexuality is a sliding scale with infinite variability! 

Best to take it on a person-by-person "am I attracted to you?" basis. 

Hmmm... reminds me of the book, "Are YOU my mother?" 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2009, 09:49 »

At 117 there was still the possibility Dora was kidding.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SoulofMikau

« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2009, 10:46 »

Besides, "threesomes are like Communism..."

Invented by a catholic?

Thorbard

« Reply #25 on: 21 Oct 2009, 10:57 »

At 117 there was still the possibility Dora was kidding.

And in 1047, there is no statement that she hasn't "got over it" and gone back to guys.

117, 404, 167 through to 171 all heavily imply it.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2009, 11:51 »

Oh, come on.  All of the incidents you mention were riffing off other people's jokes; it's not a stretch at all to assume she was joking.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2009, 13:27 »

What about 103 and 747?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Thorbard

« Reply #28 on: 21 Oct 2009, 15:11 »

Oh, come on.  All of the incidents you mention were riffing off other people's jokes; it's not a stretch at all to assume she was joking.

It establishes a pattern though, doesn't it? Same with her flirting with Tai, for example. And the sequence with Amanda could be considered evidence. Its more than just joking around.

All I meant to point out was that the "doesn't count" argument can equally be applied to the strips where they talked about Veronica Vance, given that there has never been an explicit statement that she is, actually, bisexual. The statement in 1047 could simply relate to a period of experimental lesbianism.

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2009, 18:01 »

I'm bi and I can tell you right now that any guy who suggests a threesome is gone.

This, right here, has always confused me. If your bi, then by the very definition, your always gonna have two other partners. Otherwise, it would be who your with that would determine how you are. If your with a man, your still fawning over women, and if your with a woman, your still pining for men. It makes no sense to me. Saying your bi suggests, to me, that your always looking for that threeway...

syrupykeyboard

• These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2009, 18:36 »

This, right here, has always confused me. If your bi, then by the very definition, your always gonna have two other partners. Otherwise, it would be who your with that would determine how you are. If your with a man, your still fawning over women, and if your with a woman, your still pining for men. It makes no sense to me. Saying your bi suggests, to me, that your always looking for that threeway...

*pacefalm*
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

Nightson

« Reply #31 on: 21 Oct 2009, 19:10 »

There are some people to whom this applies, there are many to whom it does not.  The problem is you're generalizing. 

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:58 »

Everyone's bisexual to some extent, it's a matter of proportion.  You can't honestly tell me that there's never been at least one person each of both the same and opposite sex that you've been attracted to at some point.

[Caution: do not try to parse the previous sentence without the aid of an expert.]

Even if it just struck you that the person was charismatic, and you had the feeling you'd follow them anywhere, just to be able to hang out with them - guess what, that's attraction! 

What determines your sexual label is the relative size of the wheels on your bisexual.  Most of us have one wheel a good bit larger than the other, looking like an old chopper.  Those who are willing to ride on an even keel are few and far between! 

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #33 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:39 »

And if you're with a man, you're not pining for men?  Hmm.

What determines your sexual label is the relative size of the wheels on your bisexual.  Most of us have one wheel a good bit larger than the other, looking like an old chopper.  Those who are willing to ride on an even keel are few and far between! 

I should introduce you to a Mr. Mercury...

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:59 »

This, right here, has always confused me. If your bi, then by the very definition, your always gonna have two other partners.

The definition of being bi is, someone sexually attracted to persons of either gender. Gay, straight or bi, anyone can fancy more than one person at the same time (bis merely have a bigger pool to choose from). So anyone has the opportunity to find a threesome tempting.

Glad I could clear up that confusion for you.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #35 on: 21 Oct 2009, 23:19 »

I should introduce you to a Mr. Mercury...
[/quote]

Point taken.  Freddie was a unicyclist extraordinaire. 

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:00 »

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Man, bisexual just means you can fall in love to either sexes.

Is a heterosexual boy who lost his girlfriend suddenly no longer heterosexual ?
Carpe Diem

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #37 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:45 »

Bi is the possibility to fuck all, not the act of fucking all.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #38 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:57 »

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a statement. (with apologies to the great Charles Babbage)

As several others have stated, bisexuality is attraction to both sexes; it is the middle of he spectrum which lies between the two extremes of homo and heterosexuality. It is NOT an obsessive desire to be double-ended at all times.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2009, 08:20 »

I don't know if you're male or female, but for my next comment I'm going to assume you're male. Does you statement mean that if you're in a relationship with a woman you're still "fawning" over other women? Finding someone attractive doesn't necessarily mean I'm yearning to sleep with them. Being bisexual doesn't automatically make someone incapable of loving/caring about one person and wanting to be with only them.
Fight Me, Bitches!

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #40 on: 22 Oct 2009, 08:34 »

This is literally the worst thread the forum has ever seen

Hmm... I accept that challenge, sir.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2009, 14:41 »

This is literally the worst thread the forum has ever seen

No.  No, it really isn't.  It isn't even the worst thread started this week.  By a long shot.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #42 on: 22 Oct 2009, 15:02 »

Jens, you are correct.

Eight of you in this thread quoted the same post and replied with basically the same reaction
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #43 on: 22 Oct 2009, 15:36 »

That said, I always had a fond spot for Anything That Moves.

How bad is it that I was expecting that to be a link to a certain other wiki?
ahhh, TVTropes, a good way to sink 8 hours of your life, over and over.

Also ITT trolling. Even if ThaX wasn't meaning to troll, eh still had the same effect.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #44 on: 23 Oct 2009, 17:04 »

That's not what I was implying (I did offer monogamy as an option). But yes, in the cold light of morning I see that I posted possibly my stupidest comment ever.  Sorry everyone. :oops:

Bi people do not have a monopoly on fancying more than one person at the same time - straight and gays have the same choices.

Must learn not to attempt writing Profound Truths when tired, and a little drunk.
:D All good. Still somewhat confused by what you meant by this though:

If you're bi, the only ethical alternatives are threesomes, serial monogamy, or an open relationship, otherwise you're going to be cheating on somebody. And serial monogamy doesn't appeal because it implies a trail of ex-es.
Because most bisexual people just have sex with people of different sexes when single (if they're into that kind of thing) or end up dating who they're dating, which may through out their life be pretty 50:50 or highly skewed one way. Being interested in threesomes (sexual or relationships) or polyamory are very different to being sexually/romantically attracted to both/all genders.

Then you have a fundamental lack of understanding of sexuality in general. Straight people are interested in the opposite sex. Gay people are interested in the same sex. Bi people are interested in both. All people fantasise about other people when in a monogamous relationship.

Being interested in a threesome requires interest in seeing your partner have sex with someone else. If what you want is to have sex with someone of the same sex but not for your partner to have sex with anyone else then you will have to look at negotiating some degree of non-monogamy.

My partner will not have a threesome with me out of fear of the consequences (something I may be able to change given the right circumstances but we don't have much of a social life). He has given me explicit permission to sleep with a couple of women who were clearly interested in me - separately. Given I tend to be a bit of a top with women and attract straight girls, but have minimal experience, it scares the shit out of me and would much rather share but there you are. Never worked out but not for lack of effort.

Everyone is different - in sexual attraction, sex drive, and degree of natural monogamy. Just accept it's all on a spectrum and stop trying define other people. Especially when the definitions pretty much end up Normal (straight) and Other (all those other freaks who just want to fuck all the time).

the_shankmaster

• Sweet Niblets
« Reply #45 on: 23 Oct 2009, 19:09 »

All people fantasise about other people when in a monogamous relationship.

Um... I think I'll let you address this sweeping generalization yourself.

Everyone is different - in sexual attraction, sex drive, and degree of natural monogamy.

You are right about that, so practice what you preach, dear.
-I thought you said you put the "tennis" in "Tennessee!"
-I guess I kind of left it there.

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #46 on: 23 Oct 2009, 19:20 »

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Man, bisexual just means you can fall in love to either sexes.

Is a heterosexual boy who lost his girlfriend suddenly no longer heterosexual ?

Either... or Both. It is a point of contention.

So being Bi means you don't care what gender your just looking for someone. I always thought part of the fun was exploring the differences the opposite gender has from oneself. 

Thank you all, for the responses, I think I am less confused.

the_shankmaster

• Sweet Niblets
« Reply #47 on: 23 Oct 2009, 22:50 »

I think it's pretty naive to assume that most people will not ever think lewd thoughts about anyone but the one they're with.

I did not say "most people".  You did, which acknowledges that some people will not.  That was what I was saying.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #48 on: 24 Oct 2009, 04:04 »

I think it's pretty naive to assume that most people will not ever think lewd thoughts about anyone but the one they're with.

I think fantasizing is consciously having lewd thoughts. You can't choose not to have thoughts popping in your mind, but you can choose to follow or stop these thougts.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

the_shankmaster

• Sweet Niblets
« Reply #49 on: 24 Oct 2009, 14:13 »

When criticizing people for making generalizations it's probably a good idea to avoid language that implies a generalization.  That's what I think.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up