THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 13:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My Annotated Dorm Room  (Read 37118 times)

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
My Annotated Dorm Room
« on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:10 »

1. One (1) Bed. Sheets askew, perhaps set that way in the throes of passion. More likely I had to get up quickly in the morning, and didn't make it that well.
2. One (1) Textbook and unrelated folder. Contain knowledge.
3. One (1) Tube of chap stick. Burt's bees.
4. Drawer. Contains Books (comic)
5. Drawer. Contains Nintendo (64)
6. Two (2) Flip Flops. Probably the only thing I own two of
7. One (1) Euphonium. Ensures celibacy.
8. Backpack. Contains shoes.
9. Various Chargers. My dorm room has enough batteries and chargers to power CERN through a well-kept battery rotation.
10. Window. Apparently during a nuclear winter.
11. Wall. Strong against wind, weak against fire.
12. Lid to Laundry Hamper. (Roommate's)
13. Possibly Envelope? Further investigation required. (Roommate's?)

1. One (1) Computer. Watching CrackedTV when I got bored and took this picture. Attached: Earbuds.
2. One (2) Kate Bush album. Got for about a nickel. Still haven't listened to it.
3. Several (?) Blank CD-Rs. Not often used. Putting in drawer.
4. One (1) Brita Filter. Filters dorm water, widely known to be toxic.
5. One (1) Cellular phone. Drops calls.
6. One Pair (Set? not sure how many that is) Nail Clippers. Cut finger nails. Accompanying fingernails that inspired this thread.
7. One (1) Leatherman and Case. Has been used to take apart most things on desk.
8. Money, pin and pen. Valuables.
9. iPod, works sometimes.
10. Hair brush. Necessity in direct proportion to period of time from last haircut.
11. Stereo. Often plays music.
12. Record player covered in refuse. Refuse includes:
  • Ziploc bag, contains bowties, collar tabs, cufflinks, et cetera.
  • Cummerbund
  • Various Scores and music, largely baroque
  • Clothes Hanger. Not sure why
  • Two (2) school newspapers
  • Record Sleeve for Cat Stevens' Tea for the Tillerman
13. Sneaker Cleaner. Useful to avoid looking like a ragamuffin.
14. Harnessed Fire. Illuminates dark pathways.

Annotate your surroundings. Need not to be your room. Tidying up is not allowed under any circumstances.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2009, 11:18 by IronOxide »
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
Re: My Annotated Dorm Room
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:44 »

Sweet jesus you need a hobby.  This thread is now about getting this guy a hobby.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:49 »

Learn to pool hustle!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:52 »

1. One (1) laptop computing device. Currently browsing Yahoo movies to see if anything good will be coming out soon.
2. One (1) roll of toilet paper. I am too lazy to buy Kleenexes, so it suffices.
3. One (1) DVD case for the movie Casper. Suck it anyone who wants to make fun of me.
4. One (1) jar of creamy peanut butter. Good for crackers (#7) or on its own.
5. One (1) set of keys, including car, apartment, and student ID for riding the bus.
6. One (1) bottle of juice. Coordinating cap is next to #5. Could have been poured into the empty glass between #3 and #4, but that would be too easy.
7. One (1) nearly empty package of saltine crackers. Previously paired with #4.
8. One (1) open box of Cheerios. Breakfast was previously consumed at this desk.
9. One (1) little desk thing with draws full of pens, pencils, paper clips, markers, scissors, etc.
10. Assorted items, including one (1) pair of fingerless gloves for work, four (4) mini Tootsie Pops, one (1) camera case, one (1) blue necklace, and one (1) paring knife, used to cut up apples for snack time.
11. Assorted items, including one (1) expensive candle atop one (1) cheap candle, both free from my place of employment, one (1) tray full of lip gloss and assorted related products, one (1) tine lint roller, and one (1) three-hole punch.
12. One (1) Jimmy John's delivery menu. Delicious.
13. One (1) plastic mug with sea creatures from lovely Toowoomba, Australia.
14. One (1) creepy as hell troll from lovely Oslo, Norway. Once tried to kill me, the little bastard.
15. One (1) lamp with attached sock, possibly belonging to a forumite that is not myself.

1. One (1) bed with lime green sheets.
2. One (1) cellular communication device. Also serves as an alarm clock when it is nap time.
3. One (1) actual alarm clock. Very annoying. Used to wake me up after a long night of sleep.
4. One (1) bottle of spray stuff to make my sheet smell nice and apparently help me fall asleep? Don't know if it works but damn it smells goooood.
5. Assorted refuse. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup wrapper, batteries, flash drive missing its cap, etc.
6. One (1) thrift store flashlight. Used to illuminate dark pathways when I've managed to freak myself out. Also a smart thing to have in case of power outage.
7. One (1) folder containing bubble sheets and test booklets. Soon it will no longer be necessary.
8. DVD player remote, TV remote, battery charger, DVD of my high school's first musical in a long time, and plaque for being Employee of the Month.
9. One (1) Moulin Rouge DVD.
10. One (1) empty cereal bowl. Previously held #8 as pictured in the previous photograph.
11. Stack of books and notebooks useful for the current school semester.
12. One (1) comfortable loungy folding chair. Rarely used.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:54 »

I just glanced over the list (definite tl;dr) but this line still stuck out at me:

12. One (1) Jimmy John's delivery menu. Delicious.

:|

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:01 »

Not that I have any objection to large posts (duh) but shouldn't there be something in there to interest another living soul?  I mean doesn't this thread approach some sort of singularity where posts consist nothing more than narrating every moment of your day: "I brushed my teeth.  Left right left right left right on the front two.  I farted.  It was a dry one not a wet one, I noted with relief.  Back to the brushing of the teeth, the left upper most incisor now....."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:06 »

Reacting to that and as a joke I was about to start a "post what you are doing at this exact moment" thread to chronicle my moment to moment existence, but as my mouse cursor hovered over the New Thread button I realized that even as a joke that is way more tedious than I can possibly stand. I would post once and then regret everything.

Zingoleb

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:13 »

Is everyone a whiner about new threads? Dudes, I'M saying people are whiny. That's saying a lot. I like this thread idea a lot, actually.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:30 »

Rather than simply pictures of people's rooms, I think you all should post pictures of your sex toy collections. Haul them all out from under the bed and take a picture of them all arranged in an orderly fashion.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:32 »

Liz your chest is amazing.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Zingoleb

« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:33 »

Stop staring at her chest, that's impolite

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:55 »

1) Detergent (for when I run out of acceptable underwear)
2) A teddy bear (mine) wearing a hat (also mine)
3) My 'books' for studying.
4) Empty deodorant cans and an empty bottle of ribena.
5) Photographs of home.
6) Printer. No power cable.
7) Notepad cunningly used to conceal a dirty plate.
8 ) Laptop running Ubuntu.
9) Scattered sheets of work.
10) I'm sorry mum, I'll clean it up right after I've finished writing this.
11) Map of the Philosophy department at Uni.
12) Communism
13) A Belgian farmer spraying milk straight out of his cow onto riot police.
14) Various train, plane, and club tickets, along with my timetable for this semester.

1) A classy painting which makes my room classy.
2) More photos of home
3) A messy bed; clothes
4) Clothes
5) Bed-side table; pencil case; work
6) Clothes
7) More clothes
8 ) Even more clothes
9) You guessed it (clothes)
10) My docs.

Zingoleb

« Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2009, 13:05 »

13) A Belgian farmer spraying milk straight out of his cow onto riot police.

what

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #13 on: 29 Nov 2009, 13:28 »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #14 on: 29 Nov 2009, 16:30 »

Liz your chest is amazing.

My my, I never knew you felt that way.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #15 on: 29 Nov 2009, 16:48 »

These pictures are making me realize my room is a mess.

I mean, you guys aren't neat, and I am way worse. God damn. Pics might come soon.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #16 on: 29 Nov 2009, 17:56 »

I'm going to do this a little differently because I'm lazy.

This is my desk, where I do all my work and all my internetting. The noticeboard is now even more colourful and less informative, as the timetable was for Freshers' Week and the space left is full of cards and postcards (notably the amusing Your Future Husband card which Edith gave me). The little white box is for receipts so that I can keep track of my money but it is usually empty because I'm not as organised as I had hoped. Of all the things in this photo, the laptop is the most important but the water bottle comes a close second as there is no sink in my room.

This is my bed. The picture is now hung above the fireplace thanks to a helpful and friendly maintenance man who used to be an archaeologist and decided he wanted to do something less stressful when he got a little older. The electric heater never gets used even when the room is freezing, as electricity is extra and it apparently costs a fortune. I do use the lamp, though.

There isn't much to see here, but often my ice hockey kit resides in this corner. The dark box is referred to on my inventory as a "coffin" and also a "valuable antique item" and contains spare pillows and a cycle helmet. The bureau is also a "valuable antique item" and it contains all my clothes and toiletries. Some of the folders have moved to make way for a bowl of oranges.

This is my bookshelf; there are now more textbooks (second shelf) and also a little collection of recycling which I keep forgetting to take out. The books on the right of the second shelf are all cookery books but I don't have the time or patience to shop for the relevant ingredients so mostly I just improvise. The pink ribbon was tied to my door handle when I arrived as a welcome from the Freshers' Committee.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #17 on: 29 Nov 2009, 19:12 »

mine has a computer, records, a bed, some dvds and video games, some textbooks, some novels. and now food
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #18 on: 29 Nov 2009, 20:51 »

That is a nice dresser-type thing that you have. Very pretty wood.

Also you have a box of cereal on the floor.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #19 on: 30 Nov 2009, 00:58 »

I actually took a photo of my desk yesterday! It had to be very secretive because we are a top secret high security floor but whatever. i can't figure out how to turn off the sound on my phone camera so I took one shot and then moved quickly and it came out blurred, so i had to take another. Whoops.
Today I reorganised a couple things and decorated for Christmas, but you don't get to see that. Sorry.
Also I just realised I wrote two 16s. You can decide for yourself which is which.

1- Primary Monitor. This is where I do most of my work. This includes, as you can see, my most important work document. I can also angle myself so that I am sitting directly in front of this screen and my manager who sits in an office behind me cannot see what is in the lower right.
2- Secondary Monitor. This is where my email goes! The white line between the monitors is a tiny tiny list of all the artists so I know who to send timesheets to in order.
3- Phone. I hate phones. It is my job to answer it when the receptionist is out. Supposedly I have a lovely phone voice. I hate phones.
4- Chair. I used to have a blue one but I stole this red one from someone because red is better.
5- Drawers. I don't really keep anything in here aside from spare plastic sleeves and sheets of gold star stickers.
6- Leave forms. I am in charge of leave. The top one is this month's leave and the bottom one is upcoming leave.
7- Phone numbers. I need these massive lists of phone numbers for all the people you need to contact to run an office.
8- Optimus Prime. Because everyone else's desks are covered in action figures and he is all I have because I am poor.
9- KVM Switch. Switches my keyboard, mouse and monitor between my primary (networked) PC and my secondary (research and gaming) PC.
10- H20. Neccessary in an air-conditioned office. I keep lots of bottles because I am too lazy to go to the water cooler often even though it is pretty much right behind me.
11- My bag. It is full of junk. The white thing is probably a cardigan and the red thing my glasses case.
12- Folders. Full of paperwork including trademark issues, real estate (we are moving office soon), work manuals and game research printouts.
13- Cupboard. On top is my printer and photocopier. Inside are years worth of leave forms and timesheets.
14- Lists. My board is covered in them! These lists tell me what games are due to be shipped when, and what artists are doing what, and miscellaneous details of the games like what classes and stuff go in what order.
15- Llama finger puppet. From South America.
16- Sam (Animation Manager)
16- Max (Boyfriend)
17- Edgar the Destroyer Troll doll. You can just see the tip of his blue hair because Sam stole him back.
18- Prinouts of Big Numbers on the board! These are a mystery because I change them often, but actually they are the amount of cards we have left to approve the art for before our first release (we are still in the 500's).
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2009, 01:00 by Lunchbox »

Zingoleb

« Reply #20 on: 30 Nov 2009, 01:14 »

Suddenly I want to play Sam and Max. Does anyone remember Sam and Max?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #21 on: 30 Nov 2009, 01:21 »

There is a reason I put them in that order (also Max's last name is Edgar)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #22 on: 30 Nov 2009, 06:36 »

Adam told me to do one, so here's my bedroom! Apparently the camera on my phone sucks. I have six pictures for you, and a lot of notes. Bear with me.

It was less tidy when I left my house, but apparently my mom tidied up while I was at work? My bed is usually never made.

1. "London Calling", original vinyl. I have a reissue, as well, for listening. I don't have a working turntable right now, though.

2. Danny O's "Fenway Park". Yay, collages!

3. Recliner that doesn't actually recline. It was downstairs for a while, used to be my dad's. Since I've moved it to my room (which has been over a year, now), the only person to ever sit in it was my ex. I don't know why I don't sit in it..it was my idea to put it in my room.

4. 8GB iPod Touch

5. Squier "Vintage Modified" Telecaster Custom (with a Lawrence Arms sticker)

6. Some distortion pedals sitting on top of my guitar amp (not seen: 1979 MXR Distortion +, or the amp itself). An EHX Double Muff (in box), and a Boss DS-1.

7. A pile of guitar cables, a power strip, and the red thing is a size 1 soccer ball.

8. Roll of bubble wrap

1. Concert poster. Next President (my friend Noel's old band) w/ special guests Morpholino. It was a pretty good show, and I love Noel's poster designs.

2. Hamper. Red t-shirt sticking out of it. I wore that to work on Saturday.

3. 30GB iPod with broken output jack

4. Alarm clock that doesn't really have a working alarm..

5. Weezer: Video Capture Device DVD. I use it to block the clock at night..I like my room really dark.

6. Night table. Bottom drawer is empty, top drawer has a pair of sunglasses, cash, and two cigars.

7. Funky stainless steel lamp. It's activated by touch, no switches.

8. Bed

9. Dresser. T-shirts and collared shirts.

10. TV

11. Nintendo 64

12. Playstation 2

13. Shelf containing an SNES, random controllers and old games

14. Wally the Green Monster

15. Random signed baseball caps. The 15 is over one signed by former Red Sox player/coach Johnny Pesky.

16. A penguin with a santa hat. I <3 penguins.

17. Postcard, signed by one of my all-time favorite hockey players, Patrick Roy.

18. A little scrapbook with ticket stubs from concerts and games that I've been to.

19. signed baseballs. The closer one is signed by Cubs 3B Amaris Ramirez, and the other by the entire 1949 Boston Braves team.

1. MacBook

2. Headphones

3. Desk

4. Chair

5. DVDs

6. Some random CDs

7. Where I keep shorts and sweaters

8. Here be underwear

9. Guitar stand, currently empty. Hope to resolve that soonish.

10. Tissues

11. My curious little radio. Because I'm kind of surrounded by mountains to the east,  it picks up stations from NYC, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Toronto, but not Boston. I spend a lot of time listening to French-language news stations from Montreal, even though I don't understand 99% of it. I'd like to learn French though, it sounds really cool.

12. The Raymond J. Bourque memorial trash can.

1. Abbey Road, original vinyl. Kinda cliche, but I got it for a buck.

2. Fender Custom Shop calendar. November's guitar: a hybrid of a Telecaster and a Dobro.

3. The door.

4. Records. The bin's got stickers from record shops and labels on it.

5. The body, bridge, tailpiece, electronics, and pickguard from an old Teisco guitar. Maybe someday, I'll find a neck for it.

6. That brown case has some more CDs in it

7. Lightswitch

8. Actually, I dunno why I put an 8 down there. I can't seem to get rid of it, either.

1. MacBook

2. It's a window. I have a kinda cool view of downtown North Adams through the trees in my neighbor's yard.

3. Seagate 500GB external hard drive.

4. Sufjan Stevens' "Songs For Christmas" box set. I just re-ripped all five EPs onto my MacBook.

5. Target team member handbook and Starbucks dress code brochure

6. BRTA bus schedule for routes 1 & 12

7. Notebook

8. Sock drawers. The upper one is colored/striped/argyle, the bottom is just whites.

9. Random crap. Mostly guitar parts, picks and packages of strings.

10. Pens, pencils, random documents and notebooks

11. Some more cables, mostly of the iPod charging variety

1. Upper bookshelf. Yknow..books. There's also some old Pats/Red Sox media guides and yearbooks down at the end. I love looking through them and being mesmerized over how much advertisements have changed since the mid-1990s. The amount of text in ads now is absolutely minimal.

2. Lower bookshelf. Old tab books, magazines, and some Calvin and Hobbes collections in dire shape. I need to get the bound sets someday.

3. A wool Red Sox 5950. I will not get rid of this. New Era switched from wool to  polyester a few years back, and you can't mess with the sizing on the poly 5950s like you can with the wool ones. I also usually store spare change on top of the shelf, under the cap. There's $1.66 there right now.

4. A wool-blend flat cap.

5. My fedora.

6. Closet. Where my coats/button-up shirts/jeans/random sports jerseys reside. I never noticed how figured/trippy the woodgrain is until I took this picture.

7. An xmas gift from my dad a few years back. It's "Electric Guitars: The Illustrated Encyclopedia". Lots of pretty pictures, but it's lacking on a lot of information, and missing quite a few old manufacturers.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2009, 08:35 »

8. Sock drawers. The upper one is colored/striped/argyle, the bottom is just whites.

Racist.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2009, 08:37 »

To be fair, the top drawer is like 50/50. But all the colored/striped/argyle socks I have are in that drawer, mixing freely with white socks.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #25 on: 30 Nov 2009, 09:29 »

you are crazy organized, and have an awesome set of things. Good on you.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #26 on: 30 Nov 2009, 09:50 »

"crazy" is a way to put it. A lot of times, there are jeans on the floor. I have them in specific spots for certain reasons, but my mom just yells at me about it.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #27 on: 30 Nov 2009, 11:07 »

Man my mom hasn't tidied my room since I was 8, I am so jealous.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #28 on: 30 Nov 2009, 11:21 »

Shane, i would never have expected your room to be so clean.  I'm impressed.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Zingoleb

« Reply #29 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:20 »

You've never invited me over, Tommy.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #30 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:20 »

my dorm room!

work in progress on this wall, paint chips from home depot. you can see the door to my balcony and the mess on the floor (I went home for thanksgiving and haven't unpacked).

desk that I rarely use (it has a ton of tea on it that used to sit on top of the fridge), sad empty wall with two posters (the books and the new year), huge drawing board and portfolio. now that we've moved the fridge I'm looking for a cheap loveseat.

coats and sweaters and bathrobe in the closet closet. the door to my roommate's room, where we stuck the fridge yesterday. yarn and mugs and perfume on my bookshelf.

yay <3
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2009, 14:22 by Allybee »
radical dame

Bastardous Bassist

• brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #31 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:24 »

Me, too.  Also, is that a single room?  That's huge for a dorm single room, at least where I went to school.  I'm starting to wish I had a camera, so I could take pictures of my apartment, but it would really be quite boring since I'm a rather tidy person.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #32 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:24 »

you have a balcony in yr dorm?

bhhhhhhhhhhhh i wanna balcony i can smoke on.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Zingoleb

« Reply #33 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:36 »

Ally, that wall is absolutely amazing. It might even look cooler just leaving it like that.

Usually my room is pretty neat but considering the likely prospect of moving out soon, I've given up on cleaning up.

1) Candles
2) Hey I skipped two how did that happen well let's just say that two is on the ceiling where I wrote the word "GULLIBLE" in big letters on a whim
3) Rocks I've collected over the years
4) My lovely papasan chair
5) My teapot which I haven't used in a few weeks and need to wash out
6) A pinecone
7) The Hippie
8) Space heater because this is the only room in the entire fucking house that isn't heated
9) Hatch Show Print Poster
10) You can't read them in this, but it's the lyrics to Passing Afternoon

1) My turntable which is pretty awesome actually but is currently covered in crap. Notably, a rock, two Hatch posters, a job application I never turned in, and an Atari joystick. And a Smothers Brothers CD.
2) From left to right: A painting by Joe Montgomery, a Celtic postcard, and a painting by Laurie Groth
3) My Fender Precision Bass that I love so much oh yes I do
4) More candles
5) N64
6) A stick I found that I like because it's a pretty stick
7) An Epiphone that a friend loaned me because it needed some adjustments that he didn't know how to do. I'm keeping it until he pays me the money he owes me, though. Ransom his guitar.
8) Plate. I'm usually pretty terrible about hijacking dishes.
9) Pencil drawing my mother did a long ass time ago. It's one of the few things I could never give up.

1) I don't drink a lot of pop but I just splurge and spent like 10 dollars on bottles of pop so that's my entire diet recently
2) My overtly phallic speakers (They're like fucking dildoes)
3) Measly record collection. Used to fill this entire shelf but I've been selling them off. I think the majority of it is Jethro Tull and Moody Blues now.
4) My computer that was pretty awesome back in 2000 when it was brand new. You can't see it, but I fished out my old Sam and Max game from 1993 and it is now on top of the computer, waiting to be played.
5) CD's I've yet to put on the computer (There's way more than my pathetic 10 gigs left can handle. I need an external drive hey I can get one now that I'm working a good job)
6) A painting my father did
7) Original rayograph by Jim Orr
8) My violin

You can also tell where the ceiling leaks in this one. Ack.

So, there you go. If you rob me, leave the Hippie

Edit: Oh shit those pictures are kind of massive in retrospect even though I sized them down like a fifth of their size should I resize them down further?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #34 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:41 »

wow those look tiny.  glad ive never had to live in a dorm.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #35 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:42 »

I had posted a couple pics of my new apartment after I moved in this summer, to show off how massive it is (for a two bedroom apartment anyway.) Here they are again:

view looking straight down the central hallway

(I'm standing in the dining room facing the front of the house, in order you can see the kitchen, the bathroom, the two bedrooms across the hall from each other, another goddamn dining room, front door, living room, office.)

back porch

maybe I'll take a pic of my office later, I dunno
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2009, 14:45 by jhocking »

Zingoleb

« Reply #36 on: 30 Nov 2009, 14:49 »

wow those look tiny.  glad ive never had to live in a dorm.

It's not a dorm, it's a bedroom, but it's like 10 foot by 10 foot. It's a jail cell.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #37 on: 30 Nov 2009, 15:59 »

Ally, that wall is awesome!

I wonder if anyone would guess that my room was a girl's room. I suppose maybe some of the little decorations would give it away, maybe.

1. My jackets and sweaters that are too big to fit in the closet/can hang.
2. Door to my bathroom, which is so tiny that I'm fairly certain you could sit on the toilet, take a shower and brush your teeth/wash your hands at the same time.
3. DVDs.
4. About half of my hats, gloves, scarves etc. The other half is in one of the bags in point 5.
5. Laundry that I will get done as soon as the fucking laundry system will accept my payment and give me a positive balance on my laundry card.
6. A flower pot, in which three flowers have died. Now my juggling balls reside there.
7. Vacuum cleaner that is supposed to be in the my storage unit-thingy, but this place produces dust like crazy, so I use it so often that I never bother moving it there.
8. Door the hallway. Yes, one door is orange and one is dark blue. Yes, it's ugly.

1. Serving tray that usually serves as a laptop table for me in bed.
2. Verner from Ikea. I wanted Markus, but he was sold out and I only had a car available for one day :(
3. Monitor connected to my MacBook Pro, with a DVD player underneath that I never use now that I've got the new Mac
4. External keyboard. Oh, and apparently I have two fours, the other one is my new MacBook Pro.
5. Clementines <3
6. Christmas decoration that is mostly hidden behind the monitor, but that is visible from outside and cosy.
7. Bodř/Glimt scarf and flag. Yes, the last time we won something was in 1993.
8. Threadless prints that look out of place, and I'm still not sure I like the one on the right, but the one on the left is awesome. Fingernail biting power!
9. Mess of cables that I can never find out what to do with
10. Pepsi Max, iPod touch, cellphone, mouse, more cables.
11. Closet. Another dark blue surface. Oh, and yeah, the desk is blue too, as you can probably tell.
12. Drawer full of old school stuff, blankets, cleaning supplies and some other stuff. Also blue.

1. CD collection, which almost hasn't increased any at all the past couple of years, since I have no more room.
2. Some old music magazines I find it useful to keep, and some school-related magazines.
3. Knitting stuff. Mostly needles and patterns etc.
4. More knitting stuff, specifically yarn and things I am working on.
5. The very limited amount of fiction I have here. If you turn the table-thing around there are a bunch of older school books that I don't need often.
6. Floor cleaning stuff, also needed often.
7. Some decorations, one of the little, purple candle holders is broken :(
8. Neil Patrick Harris <3
9. Cooperation Technology compendium, which I should be studying.
10. Old MacBook, which sees very little use these days.
11. Photos of parents and me and my siblings.
12. Photos of brothers at their confirmations.
13. Map of the surrounding forest-y area, because I once got lost. Lost enough to get pretty worried.
14. Threadless print again.
15. CDs, DVDs, more cables, camera stuff, hadphones, iPod stuff I don't currently use, pens and pencils, coloring supplies.
16. Most relevant school stuff for this semester.
17. Older school stuff, which I still need sometimes. Mostly computer science-related books.
18. Tools and hand weights/dumbbells.

I wonder almost every day who thought dark blue furniture in a relatively small dorm-ish (student housing complex that isn't quite a dorm, but sort of like it) room.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2009, 16:04 by Ladybug »

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:31 »

Part 1:

1: Books and audiobooks
2: Manuals, sketchbooks and scripts
3: More books
4: Box full of old warhammer stuff
5: Another box. I have absolutely no idea what is in it, nor the one in number 13 now I think about it.
6: Loads of books! Also a toy capybara (Che Capybara, Peoples Hero) a gypsy style pail, a crystal model of the eiffel tower and some other bits. The little red treasure chest is my drug box.
7: Various ornaments and bits. Lots of beer bottles (I collect ale bottles) and some other bits like a matrioshka doll of Russian political leaders with a tiny lenin in the middle, and a model tank made entirely out of Natio 7.62 ammo. In front hang two bullet belts of varying quality.
8: More ornaments and bits. More bottles, a crocodile skull, a buddha, rocks, a model of Henry 8's foot combat armour, TARDIS moneybox, interesting rocks, some small paintings of mine on wood, an incredibly tasteless fridge magnet depicting an amsterdam brothel, etc.
9: Even more books
10: More books! These shelves contain a lot of my hardback novels that are two big to go on the other bookshelves. The green case in front is an aspivenin snake bite kit which I use for sucking out insect bites, as I am slightly allergic.
11: Stuff hanging off of hooks and screws crudely hammered into the side of the book case. Several belts, studded and unstudded, a gas mask, a pair of field binoculars in case, a riding crop, an oversize inverted crucifix made from hand-riveted steel tubing, etc.
12: Curtains. Red and velvet! Very nice.

1: Guitars. There are actually two guitars here, both acoustic. One is spanish, the other is blue! so blue.
2: the comfy chair
3: Storage boxes full of stuff.
4: Large books and magazines. Most of my graphic novels and trade paperbacks are here, as well as old issues of Terrorizer and Bizarre. On the left is a complete, rather valuable collection of original How It Works magazines in their collection binders.
5: Books! Also a pewter tankard, a box full of magic cards and an armoured leather gauntlet.
6: Pile of crap
7: Books
8: Books books
9: Books books books. There are also more books on a shelf above. Books!

1: Cupboard containing papers and things.
2: Boxes containing old artwork, papers and meccano.
3: Manga and CDs
4: Cassettes (mainly audibooks and BBC drama and comedy), bedside glass of water. portable DVD player, bedside dictionary and crossword dictionary.
5: Radio alarm clock, tape player, spare glasses, other crap.
6: Hellcat records posters (for some reason)
7: Luis Royo poster of a naked lady covered in piercings and tattoos. Don't know the title
8: More CDs. On the top there is some duct tape, a horned skull and a glass of M&S Lemon/Lime squash. sipsipsipsip
9: A detail from De La Davadalla Als Inferns by Bartolome Bermejo, depicting a glum looking devil. Purchased from the National Gallery of Catalonia.
10: D&D poster with a fucking great dragon about to fuck some dude up.
11: Various bits and bobs, mostly old gig flyers and black and white photographs I took of graves and things when I was a teenager. Just behind 12 is a Ronald Mcdonald mask with corpse-paint, an inverted cross on his forehead and KRIEG on his collar.
12: Foam lined gun-case I use for transporting weapons.
13: Notice board. Unnoticed.
14: Terry Pratchett Calendar
15: Replica viking roundshield, steel boss, pine board, reinforced with four layers of glue-soaked canvas and edged in rawhide, decorated by me.
16: I forgot to put a number for the cupboard the previous 3 items hang on. It contains hangars for my suit and various waistcoats etc. and more books.

Part 2 coming in a bit!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #39 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:32 »

That dragon in number 10 was on the boxed set of original D&D I got when I was 8.  That is the Velvet Underground of nerddom.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #40 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:35 »

I waant your shelf space. Badly.

Bastardous Bassist

« Reply #41 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:45 »

Agreed.  I could actually put most of my books, movies and CDs not in boxes if I had that many shelves.  Unfortunately, shelves are currently very low on my list of things to spend money on.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #42 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:47 »

Good grief some of you have mega clutter. My brain, it melts.

Also, I will post my room when I get home and clean it up a bit.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Bastardous Bassist

« Reply #43 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:59 »

*ahem*

Tidying up is not allowed under any circumstances.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #44 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:59 »

We want to see your clutter!
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #45 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:00 »

Part 2

1: Hoover. Anthropomorphic.
2: Broadsword in scabbard
3: Bearded battle axe.
4: My walking stick. Notched. Handmade.
5: Coats! Loads and loads of coats. Also jackets.
6: Poster for a Southern and Stoner Metal night in Bournemouth. I seem to remember it was quite good, though I was also extremely drunk.

1: Smoking paraphenalia, blurred
2: Burzum/Aske vinyl. Kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang Evig minnes!
3: Vinyl case containing other records
4: Cider.
5: My deck, barely visible. it's a replica of an old 60's portable jobby.
6: My toolbox. It's a box into which I place my tools.
7: Under-bed storage
8: Chest of drawers. Full of clothes.
9: Sandals
10: Combat boots. These are the only pieces of footwear I actually require, but The Man makes me own
11: The Man's shoes. For wearing with my suit.

1: Another Luis Royo poster of two half naked ladies rubbing each other in the moonlight.
2: All the little posters out of the original Hellsing DVDs
3: Alchemy Gothic poster with a vampire lady looking in the mirror and in the mirror she's a skellington. I think it's called 'Rites of Undeath'.
4: Some brass rubbing, and underneath it a picture my aunt did. In between it is the package and letter I got from Angelspit when they sent me a copy of their first EP free because I did them some fan art.
5: Various gig and festival tickets.
6: A poster of Ackercoke all dressed in tweed jackets and smoking pipes, from an old Terrorizer.
7: A Picture of the Grim Reaper, only his cloak is made entirely of screaming faces! I dunno who did this one, but the style makes me thing Spiral.
8: A repoduction of an old spanish art noveau poster warning about the dangers of syphilis, symbolised by a black snake biting a lady. Also purchased from the national gallery of Catalonia.
9: Fan: A device for recirculating air.
10: I can't for the life of me see 10, I must have left it out by accident. It was supposed to be the miniature chest of drawers next to the fan, which is full of fossils, and the decorative box on top, which is full of novelty playing cards, including the Iraq war wanted cards where Saddam Hussein is the ace of spades.
11: An 'abstract machine' built from Meccano. It is oddly shaped and has three inputs and no output.
12: Old computer that runs DOS
13: Newer computer that doesn't. Broken.
14: DVDs too nasty to be in the sitting room.
15: Computer CDs
16: Desk, cluttered with junk and art bits. Normally my laptop sits here, but it is being repaired atm.
17: Misc stuff: a mug shaped like a penguin, a big stein, some bottles, a lamp in a piece of rock salt, etc.
18: CELTOSSSS
19: some more little flyers and photos and crap.

Right, that's it!
11:
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #46 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:01 »

$20 Canadian dollars for the first guy to photograph his desktop with the lights off after spraying it with Luminol.  I've got the bill right in front of me ready to be mailed.  C'mon, it will totally be worth the embarrassment.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #47 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:03 »

Good grief some of you have mega clutter.

Is this like, a feng shui thing? I have possessions.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #48 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:16 »

No I'm not. I'm a boy.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #49 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:16 »

I can show you my boo-boo if you like.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up