Poll

So uh, what's next?

Momo gives Marigold gravity defying hair, she turns into Medusa
- 14 (21.2%)
Steve teams up with Waiting Boyfriends, they become an elite DoKYA unit/boyband
- 32 (48.5%)
Ambulance crashes, zombie apocalypse ensues
- 13 (19.7%)
All of the above in an action sci-fi survival horror comedy music game: the movie
- 7 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 7 Dec - 11 Dec 2009  (Read 83267 times)

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Re: WCT 7 Dec - 11 Dec 2009
« Reply #50 on: 07 Dec 2009, 22:35 »

I've lived in this dorm.  The fuckers on the second floor always set the alarms off by microwaving popcorn.  
Eh, it could be worse.  For a couple of years, I dated a couple of women in the old Hopkins A & B at Smith (which were torn down about a dozen years ago).  The buildings were so antiquated they didn't HAVE fire escapes; what they did have were knotted ropes with loops with which students were expected to rappel out of the windows in case of actual emergency.

I really am not making this up.

It could have been worse; the ropes could have been painted YELLOW.
Yeah that would be terrible.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

TheHappyBerry

• Plantmonster
« Reply #51 on: 07 Dec 2009, 22:36 »

This strip brought back memories of dating a guy that lived in an all guys dorm.  It awkwardly hilarious when the alarms would go off at night, then you would have a few of us girls trying to be invisible, and hoping people notice the guy with a penis sharpied on his face instead of us.

Exar_Kun

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Me Hawngry!
« Reply #52 on: 07 Dec 2009, 23:58 »

Wow, is that a pink condom stuck in Steve's zipper in panel 2? Classy...

Also, the title of the strip had me laughing more than the actual punchline.

EDIT: Also noticed...the person on the extreme left with half her face cut off in panel 2 looks like Velma....just sayin... :?
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 00:02 by Exar_Kun »
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

Weaselon

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Urban Knight
« Reply #53 on: 08 Dec 2009, 00:02 »

We need Team Riker shirts, like now.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #54 on: 08 Dec 2009, 00:35 »

Wait, why is Steve hanging out with these random dudes while his special lady is standing out in the cold? All by herself. On crutches.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #55 on: 08 Dec 2009, 01:16 »

Akoronnick,

Probably because it is a girls' dormitory and it would look bad for a bunch of guys to be lounging with the girls after a smoke alarm (real or false).

As for strip #1552,

Team Riker = awesome.  Go Steve & Cosette too.

Boyfriend Waiting Area.  Coffee, cognac, & camaraderie, wish I had that during my datings of youth.

Also, nice touch with the one guy (turtleneck) in the waiting area reading Proust, goes really well with the other guy having cognac :-) .
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 01:20 by pendrake »

akronnick

« Reply #56 on: 08 Dec 2009, 01:41 »

They're sitting in easy chairs fifteen feet from the front door. It's pretty obvious why they are there. Why do they need to make themselves scarce? If they are not allowed in the dorm wouldn't they want to be anywhere but near the scene of the crime, as it were?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #57 on: 08 Dec 2009, 01:44 »

Weirder things happen at dormitories.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #58 on: 08 Dec 2009, 02:18 »

They're sitting in easy chairs fifteen feet from the front door. It's pretty obvious why they are there. Why do they need to make themselves scarce? If they are not allowed in the dorm wouldn't they want to be anywhere but near the scene of the crime, as it were?
Have you never been to a school where the standard fire drill is for everyone to wander out onto the nearest field where the population will be checked against the list of known residents?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

« Reply #59 on: 08 Dec 2009, 03:14 »

No. All the dorms where I have lived I was free to come and go and have visitors as I pleased.

What would happen if a resident was not at home when the alarm went off?
Do they have to sign out every time they leave the building?
Is there a curfew? Last time I checked it wasn't 1962 anymore.
If visitors are allowed, how would they be accounted for?
If they are not allowed, how would they be kept away from the residents when everyone is outside, in public?
Are residents forbidden from seeking other places of repose when the fire alarm sounds?

I know that high schools treat their charges more like inmates than students these days, but I don't think colleges are like that (yet.)

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #60 on: 08 Dec 2009, 03:49 »

The dorm I lived in had a sign-in, and people could only stay a certain amount of days in a row. There wasn't a curfew so much as 'quiet hours', and those were only really during exams. During exams we couldn't have guests either >_<. And, during fire alarms, we didn't tend to go anywhere, because you never knew how quickly you'd be allowed back in!

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #61 on: 08 Dec 2009, 03:59 »

An alarming number of uni dorms do still have check-ins and outs, possibly accomplished by means of a smart card these days, especially on-campus dormitories.
Most of the time it has nothing to do with keeping strangers out or preventing people from interacting (especially in the cases of mixed dorms) and more to do with ensuring everyone can be accounted for in an emergency. Such as when the fire alarm sounds.
As for being forbidden from going elsewhere when the alarm sounds, I never heard of anyone being detained longer than it takes to get their name ticked off the list as "exited the building" so there is generally a rush toward the clipboard-wielder. Not getting checked out is considered bad form.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #62 on: 08 Dec 2009, 04:15 »

This strip brought back memories (dating back 18 years) of living in rez. 

Other than the ooportunity to see what she looks like at 2AM without her hair or makeup done there really isn't a plus.  And at at -30 it really sucked.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Ravenswing

• Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #63 on: 08 Dec 2009, 05:57 »

Have you never been to a school where the standard fire drill is for everyone to wander out onto the nearest field where the population will be checked against the list of known residents?
Maybe, but Smith hasn't been one of them.
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #64 on: 08 Dec 2009, 05:59 »

blonde guy is SMOKIN'HOT.
i bet he's what set off the alarm.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #65 on: 08 Dec 2009, 06:47 »

No. All the dorms where I have lived I was free to come and go and have visitors as I pleased.

I know that high schools treat their charges more like inmates than students these days, but I don't think colleges are like that (yet.)
It's been, ah, some time, but way back when we had check ins and outs, and, technically, anyway, god help you if you got caught with a girl in the room, not signed in, after visitor's hours—started the year after I was a freshman. Luckily, at the upperclassman male dorms no one but the dorm manager (officially) and a few suta* RA's ever cared. Not so at the female dorms.

Maybe they had more sticks.

*Stick up their ass
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 06:50 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #66 on: 08 Dec 2009, 06:52 »

Could be worse. The Team Riker poster could have been this pic:

*obligatory righteous indignation that a young woman can't enjoy sex without being a slut*

When I was in grad school, I lived in co-ed grad student housing. We just had carved slivvers of metal, laughingly referred to as keys, to check our comings* and goings. (Everyone knows real keys are 4096-bits.) In theory, if we had a guest for a week or more, we were supposed to pay a "rent" fee.

I remember one late-night winter fire alarm that had a bunch of young men and women milling around in their PJs outside. One guy who rolled his own cigarettes from pouch tobacco started rolling one right there in front of the campus mall cops. I gleaned copious entertainment from watching their eyes light up, but there wasn't the first thing they could do about it.

It's been mentioned, but, Steve... digging the fuscia briefs, dude.

* Write your own joke here.
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 06:56 by Mad Cat »
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

akronnick

« Reply #67 on: 08 Dec 2009, 07:17 »

Eeeeewwww No-Beard-Riker! Just Eweeewwww

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #68 on: 08 Dec 2009, 07:29 »

blonde guy is SMOKIN'HOT.
i bet he's what set off the alarm.
Are you thiinking of that old joke, "Do you smoke after sex?"?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #69 on: 08 Dec 2009, 10:13 »

Next, we find out she dated Angus

Nooooooooooooooo!

It coulda been worse - It coulda been a Team Worf Poster

Please, I'd totally go Team Warf. I likes my men difficult and growly. Plus ... there's the biting ... which is ... you know ... kind of a plus ... ok ... bye now!

I'll be honest ... I never liked Riker much.

Can there be a Team Picard? I still find it funny that at the age of 11 I thought the hottest guy on tv was an old bald guy.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #70 on: 08 Dec 2009, 13:11 »

I remember living in a college dorm.  The constant fire drills in winter, followed up by the fire department lecture.

The fire department totally blind to the fact that people wouldn't stop to get their shoes if they knew it was a real fire.  I used to slink out the back and go for a walk to avoid the lecture.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #71 on: 08 Dec 2009, 13:21 »

We had fire drills, which was mainly an excuse to make sure underclassmen (ie: Anyone under 21) didn't have booze in the apartments. So if people took forever to get out, it was because they were hiding their booze. (Yay, party schools.) It took a rid-damn-diculous amount of time for the fire department to get there, too,

This is why when, if there was a fire drill, we would head over to Taco Bell as soon as we were out. 40* weather, no matter how you look at it, is cold when you're standing in it for ages.

Ghanima Atreides

« Reply #72 on: 08 Dec 2009, 13:35 »

It would be funny if there were a real fire - then Marten's prediction about the date could potentially come true.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #73 on: 08 Dec 2009, 14:46 »

A friend of mine named Francis* was put into a women's dorm at Purdue.  It was two weeks before housing caught up with him ad transferred him into a men's dorm...

The RA's at the door just assumed he was someone's boyfriend coming and going! 

* - last name withheld, I haven't seen him in 20 years, and he was always touchy about this...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #74 on: 08 Dec 2009, 17:07 »

It would be funny if there were a real fire - then Marten's prediction about the date could potentially come true.

Prophetical cockblocking.  Marten predicts fire; so Steve dies, Cosette catches on fire, and then to add insult to injury, gets raped by RANDY.  

In other news, QC's archive is being eaten by grues again.  It's that same corrupt image error from last week.  
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 17:10 by Tuitsuro »

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #75 on: 08 Dec 2009, 18:38 »

I am using Angus's line in the last panel at the next opportunity, because it is so sarcastically awesome  :evil:

Cue argument: is Marigold's hair better or worse?

Personally, my opinion is MEH.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #76 on: 08 Dec 2009, 18:38 »

d'aww blushy comic today. :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #77 on: 08 Dec 2009, 18:54 »

"I'll wash you more than twice a year!"  is the best retort ever.  Only someone as adorably socially inept as Marigold could come up with that.

jordinyc

« Reply #78 on: 08 Dec 2009, 18:55 »

someone1074

« Reply #79 on: 08 Dec 2009, 18:57 »

Haven't laughed this hard at this comic in a while. Both from Marigold's comment and Angus's freaking excellent sarcasm.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #80 on: 08 Dec 2009, 19:07 »

Definitely a student/master relationship that's developing. 

It worries me that Angus is the master here, his social skills need some work, too.  Not nearly as much as Marigolds, but still...

As foir the haircut, you can see her face.  It's a psychological improvement, she's not hiding anymore! 

Makes it harder to hide the blushing...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #81 on: 08 Dec 2009, 19:21 »

"I'll wash you more than twice a year!"  is the best retort ever.

I think she should've gone for the classic "Your Mom should wash more than twice a year!"
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

westrim

« Reply #82 on: 08 Dec 2009, 19:44 »

I think she should've gone for the classic "Your Mom should wash more than twice a year!"

To which I say; "Your mom washes me twice a week, if you know what I mean."

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #83 on: 08 Dec 2009, 19:54 »

By definition, "your mom" lines don't need a "if you know what I mean".  It's like fortune cookies.

jordinyc

« Reply #84 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:00 »

For the record, Rushuna Tendo (A) does exist and (2) looks like this:

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #85 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:09 »

To which I say; "Your mom washes me twice a week

Yeah, at her age it's so great she still volunteers to help out on the retarded kids' ward...  :lol:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #86 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:15 »

As foir the haircut, you can see her face.  It's a psychological improvement, she's not hiding anymore! 

Makes it harder to hide the blushing...

...and those precancerous lesions that seem to be crawling around her cheek...

Also for the record, she's supposed to be 16!  ( Thank you, Japan. )

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #87 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:25 »

wow looks like she would need to use a lot of hair spray to look like the girl in that picture you posted.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

akronnick

« Reply #88 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:31 »

Is it just me or does her new haircut bear a resemblance to that of a certain acerbic barista that Angus likes to spend time with?

ChopstickForge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #89 on: 08 Dec 2009, 20:43 »

I hate to be one of "Those" people... but the style change for Marigold is particularly cute.

jordinyc

« Reply #90 on: 08 Dec 2009, 21:04 »

wow looks like she would need to use a lot of hair spray to look like the girl in that picture you posted.

No just lots and lots of hair and someone with a giant church fan and a generator following you everywhere. XD

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #91 on: 08 Dec 2009, 21:18 »

Is it just me or does her new haircut bear a resemblance to that of a certain acerbic barista that Angus likes to spend time with?
Just you. Faye's bangs are so angled they almost aren't (bangs), she has a part, and her hair, these days, anyway, doesn't frame her face the way Marigold's does.

So Marigold forgot to specify she needed to be blonde and, aside from the bangs, have copious amounts of Miracle Grow for Hair applied. That's not big hair, that's freaking enormous hair. And possibly prehensile.
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 21:21 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #92 on: 08 Dec 2009, 21:38 »

So Marigold forgot to specify she needed to be blonde and, aside from the bangs, have copious amounts of Miracle Grow for Hair applied
Not just on her hair.

westrim

« Reply #93 on: 08 Dec 2009, 21:41 »

"I'll wash you more than twice a year!"  is the best retort ever.

By definition, "your mom" lines don't need a "if you know what I mean".  It's like fortune cookies.

I was going to put that in parentheses with "and I think you do" to address to the reader, but accidentally hit post and decided to leave it.

On another note, fortune cookies are tasty!

A? 2? Does not compute, does not compute-skrrrz

To which I say; "Your mom washes me twice a week

Yeah, at her age it's so great she still volunteers to help out on the retarded kids' ward...  :lol:

Yeah, it's nice that she can go to work and still be with her kid.  :evil:

Those are blackheads, I believe.

Also for the record, she's supposed to be 16!  ( Thank you, Japan. )

Hey, better to wish for big boobs in an almost completely boob-less society than to starve yourself striving for a skinny ideal (though she's skinny too, so nevermind).

So Marigold forgot to specify she needed to be blonde and, aside from the bangs, have copious amounts of Miracle Grow for Hair applied. That's not big hair, that's freaking enormous hair. And possibly prehensile.

Welcome to anime and the foibles of those who try to cosplay.

« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 22:06 by westrim »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #94 on: 08 Dec 2009, 22:16 »

No, Faye doesn't have bangs like Marigold does now. To be honest, the first thing that sprang to mind when Marigold asked 'Do you like it?' was 'No.' Eh, it'll grow on me.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #95 on: 08 Dec 2009, 22:26 »

Next comic will see Angus on the floor clutching his crotch

Poor MariBear, she's just not cut out for witty repartee - YET!    :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #96 on: 08 Dec 2009, 22:28 »

Angus really has no idea he is flirting. Poor girl is being set up for disappointment.  I sympathize with the dude, though, as I flirt automatically often without even realizing it. Much drama follows.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #97 on: 08 Dec 2009, 22:37 »

I think Angus' issue is that he's obviously a socialite, and typically upfront about things. If he likes something, he'll say it. He's nice enough to typically hold back needlessly negative comments, however.

And according to Faye at least, Angus is a rather attractive guy. So you've got the attractive factor, the confident thing, and the fact that he obviously likes Marigold, though seemingly not in any romantic sense.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #98 on: 08 Dec 2009, 23:07 »

40* weather, no matter how you look at it, is cold when you're standing in it for ages.
Except if you look at it in celsius.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #99 on: 08 Dec 2009, 23:12 »

Those are blackheads, I believe.

Actually, I think the 2 black dots are beauty marks/moles (always there, mostly in the same place on her face), and only the red dots are acne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up