THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 15:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost (BOOM) -There will be discussion of most recently aired episodes-  (Read 25243 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

SEASON 6 HAS STARTED YOU GUYS WHAT'S UP

Revelations!

Resurrections!

Alternate timelines!

John "Smokey" Locke punching Richard Alpert the hell out!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

My mind was sufficiently blown.

Well played, writers and producers of Lost. If you fuck this season up I am going to punch you in your faces.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

so far so good. so far. so good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

(Are they still lost on a Island?)
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

ashashash

• Emoticontraindication

(Sort of.)

I am so excited for the rest of this season, I never thought I would love Tuesdays so much

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

*spoiler* Zombiedude, they are now in two presumably parallel dimensions. Although, I'm not sure about whether they're running parallel to eachother timewise.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

No, the alternate timeline is currently in Sept. 22, 2004, the island plotline is in December 2007/January 2008. There may be some wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey concurrency to the events on one vs. the events in the other but that seems silly(yes, I'm aware of the irony of disregarding something in a show that involves an evil ancient Egyptian smoke monster thing as silly) and I won't buy it until they explicitly demonstrate it.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog

Ok, I'm glad that there is a new discussion about this show.

Is the Japanese leader inside the weird Egyptian tomb the Dharma guy, except with long hair? Or someone completely different?

It's also weird to see the now bad-ass Australian flight attendant do quilted napkin commercials.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics

You mean the korean dharma guy?
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/

Wait, they explained the monster?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

No.

They've just given it a face and a history. They still haven't explained what or, more importantly according to the episode, who it is.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lines

• Awakened

Well, hello smoke monster dude. Thanks for not killing everyone in the first episode.

Good episode, but still has a resounding WTF as always. Damn you, Lost, and your silly mind tricks.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Rumblings suggest Jacob might be resurrected as Sayid or Sayid is the new Jacob or Jacob's spirit jumped into Sayid's body...or something. Sounds compelling-ish to me. Not sure what I make of pretty much anything else though.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

ashashash

• Emoticontraindication

Jacob as the new Sayid is definitely interesting.  With the people I was hangin' out with the conversation went mostly the other way; we were thinking he is the smoke monster (as in 'Smokey' just becomes whoever has recently died) or he has some relation to it.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

So then Smokey can be multiple people at once? Never thought about it that way. Afterall, Smokey is definitely still New Locke. I dunno, I think we're supposed to think Sayid is Smokey/evil, especially since the Japanese dude is trying to kill him and thinks he's infected by evil but I think that we're being misled and he's mistaken.

For whatever it's worth, I thought last night's episode was pretty terrible. It was far too long and wasted a ton of time getting to where it needed to go. Frankly, the producers can't afford to waste time like that. It doesn't help that I despise Kate immensely but even so, at this point I don't give a shit about what's happening in alternate reality. Ethan's a doctor?? No way!!!! Ugh, I dunno, I was just bored a lot during that episode and only felt engaged when stuff was happening in the Temple since it seems by far the most relevant to the actual story of the show.

Hollow Press (my blog)

tricia kidd

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

fuck yeah Claire is the new Crazy Jungle Lady.

this can only go well.
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Lines

• Awakened

Even if the smoke monster can be multiple people at once, I doubt Sayid is one of them as he's residing in his body whereas there is New Locke and Locke's Dead Body. I think the island "claiming" him is just going to make him like Claire or maybe Richard or maybe he will turn into Jacob.

tricia kidd

I think the island "claiming" him is just going to make him like Claire or maybe Richard or maybe he will turn into Jacob.

the Temple people like Jacob and Richard, so i don't think so.

Sayid has the same "infection" (a better translation for the word he used is actually "possessed", and i think it's intentional that john lennon the translator said "infected" instead) that Rousseua's husband and the rest of their crew had.  remember they went into the Temple and when he came out he tried to kill her.

it would somewhat make sense if the Man in Black "claimed" people by corrupting them to help his desire of getting those damn kids off his lawn so he can "go home", but then it would be another level of weirdness that apparently Jacob being alive was keeping the MiB from using something of his.  i'm starting to think that Jacob and MiB were simply the first people (or aliens or gods or whatever) to find the Island so they're no more than a supernatural extension of Charles/Ben.
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES

Maybe the islands effects on Locke and Rose, what with the walking and the no cancer, just extend really far if you're on there for ages? There's something missing in that, but the island seems somewhat sentient so it may just pick and choose.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

For whatever it's worth, I thought last night's episode was pretty terrible.

Early screenings of the first 11 episodes definitively called this the worst of the bunch. It only goes uphill from here.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I guess I'm glad that less than 1/3 of the final season ever is any good...

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I meant this episode was the worst of the bunch.

Not these 11 episodes.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

oooh, that makes more sense actually!

Hollow Press (my blog)

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

[...] some wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey [...]
I love you.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog

You mean the korean dharma guy?

Oh, I thought he was japanese due to all the Japanese stuff in the Dharma camp.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Pretty sure Pierre Chang isn't Korean. He's still not at all the guy from the Temple, considering he's both dead in 2007 when all the Temple stuff is taking place AND he was part of the Dharma Initiative while the Temple guys are clearly Others.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Also, uh. They're obviously not the same person.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Well yeah, there's also that.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Lines

• Awakened

Black smoke now looks like John Locke and they haven't explained that at all. People just look at him and go, "It's you!" and he says yes and knocks them out and/or kills them, minus Ben.

tricia kidd

a bit more accurately, we know for certain that the Smoke Monster is taking the form of Locke, but piecing that together with last season, we now also know for certain that the Smoke Monster can take many forms, most notably when it appeared to Ben as Alex while "Locke" was, conveniently, "off fetching a rope".

also, the Smoke Monster is the guy sitting with Jacob on the beach.  and he "wants to go home".

so excited for tonight.  it is a Locke-centric episode which apparently shows him as being a substitute teacher in the X timeline.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I have a question - have they explained the black smoke creature or the polar bear yet?

Yes, they have explained the polar bear, though. It's a very mundane explanation: it was one of a few polar bears the utopian researchers were using on the island. It's implied they needed to train them to safely utilize the donkey wheel room underneath the planet which had the unfortunate side effect of teleporting anyone who used it through time and space.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lines

• Awakened

Damn, I was hoping random little boy was actually the polar bear. But the polar bear was only ever a polar bear...

Well it's interesting to see smokey is officially stuck as Locke now. And I'm interested to see by what, "You can't just kill Jacob," really means. Also come onnnnn Sun go to the temple already!

Also also I really like what they're doing in the "what if the plane didn't crash" flashes.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

The thing about the "plane didn't crash" stuff is at this point it's all just cute and clever. "Oh look, Rose is a supervisor!" "Haha, Ben is a school teacher!" "oh boy, Ethan works in a hospital." The only problem is...I don't care. At all. It's irrelevant at this point and if it does serve some sort of ultimate purpose, and clearly it must somehow, the writers have given absolutely no indication of what that might be, to the point where right now there's no hook, no grab, nothing that makes me want to watch anything happening off-island.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I agree, but I'm also really enjoying it.

I like that in some other reality, Locke had a happy ending. Yeah, it's sort of pointless but...d'awwww Helen and Locke.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

tricia kidd

And I'm interested to see by what, "You can't just kill Jacob," really means.

i believe when the creepy little boy said "you can't just kill him" he was referring to Sawyer (and by extension, the other Candidates).

Lines

• Awakened

I took it more as a "you can't just kill him and expect it to end there" sort of thing. Like ultimately he will be replaced or come back somehow. Or not expect some kind of repercussion for messing up the balance, which I'm guessing since he tossed that white stone into the sea, which was referring to Jacob being dead.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

So Jacob is not protecting the island from the rest of the world but protecting the rest of the world from what's on the island? And 'john locke' can't get off the island without the protector's permission - which is why he needs Sawyer?

Probably totally off target here, but that's my current guess.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

That was my guess too.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!

Food for thought - the alternate time-line isn't 'What if Flight 815 never crashed', but more 'What if Jacob hadn't interfered'.

If what Smokey Locke says is true, and Jacob had been there pushing them to the island all along, without that interference their lives could have gone in completely different directions. The most obvious example of this is Locke. Just after the ground broke his fall, Jacob turned up to tell him everything was going to be ok. Subconsciously this may have given Locke the faith he has so fervently stuck with throughout the series, and without it, he turned into a miserable wreck, bottling up his disappointment with how his life turned out. Anyway, I'm rambling and you get the idea. This is my favourite theory so far, especially since the whole rollercoaster time-line the island rides helps explains most counterpoints.

Thoughts?
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

tricia kidd

yes, all signs point to the alternate timeline as being one in which Jacob never existed/never interfered in the real world.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

The problem with that theory of course is that they all ended up on the plane anyway.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

tricia kidd

The problem with that theory of course is that they all ended up on the plane anyway.

that's not really a problem, or a plot hole, it's just convenience.  is it unrealistic that even without Jacob, the same people would end up on the same plane?  yes.  but it's not a problem with the theory, it's just a problem with the writers doing something for dramatic effect.  sure, they could have had the flash-sideways' start without having a sequence of them on the plane, but it would have been substantially less dramatic.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Hey 'mos, here's a blog reviewing the last season, by a dude who'd never seen it before.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

No thanks.

I have to deal with that shit on a regular basis from my own friends, I don't need to read some dick who thinks he's cute and clever do the same thing.

HURF DURF HURF DURF I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE STUCK ON AN ISLAND
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

yeah pretty much.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Things you may have forgotten:

A) Claire abandoned Aaron. She disappeared into the forest with Christian Shepard(who very likely could've been Esau) and Kate took care of him assuming Claire was gone.

B) Jack didn't get his appendix removed until Season 4, on the Island. Depending on how old Jack is, that means the alternate universe could be changing events before the bomb even went off (though this is unlikely).

My current theory:

The alternate timeline isn't an alternate timeline at all. We're seeing flashbacks to the universe trying to course correct. Just as the universe kept trying to kill Charlie no matter how much Desmond saved him, it's trying to reach the same outcome it would've had if the bomb hadn't been destroyed. Thus, it's trying to create a series of events that results in the 2008 timeline being true. However, since the bomb has such a profound effect on the timeline, the actual events that happen during the course correction are...unpredictable.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES

That sounds pretty good, actually.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Man.

Michael Emerson is so fantastic.

Just saying.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES

As far as I can remember, all the best bits of Lost have directly involved either Ben or Desmond.
There is a reason for that.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE

Unfortunately, Desmond seems to have had his role killed alongside Farriday. I keep hoping that they will bring him back to start tying everything together but I fear that they decided he wasn't important anymore.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up