Think of it: 1 billion Yaoi pictures!
- 13 (23.6%)
Keeping your pancakes warm
- 14 (25.5%)
Warming up pancakes
- 7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT March 1-5, 2010  (Read 71274 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Re: WCT March 1-5, 2010
« Reply #150 on: 03 Mar 2010, 17:05 »

please make this place your new home
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

nichidani

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #151 on: 03 Mar 2010, 17:14 »

related to the strip, not to the argument.

today's comic reminded me of this azumanga daioh
kittens!

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #152 on: 03 Mar 2010, 17:37 »

If Angus was able to read Marigold's thoughts just then and see her in that maid outfit, I'm sure he'd instantly fall in lust for her. As it stands though, he has NO idea she's crushing on him-he's still treating her as just his buddy and roommate. Yeah he's clueless, but so are many other guys when it comes to sensing women's feelings.

Especially when said women go out of their way to HIDE those feelings. So cut the dude a break, ok?

Oh god you just described me perfectly.  I'm pretty dense when it comes to women, and I know for a fact that that denseness has cost me more than a few potential relationships :|

Girls, some guys just need to be told flat out.  It's the 21st century, it's Ok to do that.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #153 on: 03 Mar 2010, 17:46 »

I'm totally shipping Sakaki x Marigold now.  I'll call it Marikaki.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #154 on: 03 Mar 2010, 18:20 »

But you're not doing anyone any good by commenting, and many of us enjoy Jeph's art style.  It seems like you're stirring up argument just for the hell of it.
Yeah, trolling the QC forums, there's a profitable activity. Why offer your honest opinion when you can just rile up people you don't know?

That's what I'm wondering!
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #155 on: 03 Mar 2010, 18:29 »

I have just one thing to say about QC nowadays.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #156 on: 03 Mar 2010, 18:47 »

and so the meido fetish came to QC.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #157 on: 03 Mar 2010, 19:11 »

OK, here's the thing - Jeph's art was looking anime-ish, and he's worked hard to make it more naturalistic.  But that maid outfit is what Marigold sees in her mid's eye - a mind that's been fed a steady diet of anime, manga, yaoi, and if I remember correctly, a large download of Pintsize's hentai directory. 

What I'm saying is, the anime-ishness of that one panel is appropriate, and really very well done!  But it's not the comic's style anymore (really, it never was that far gone anyway). 

Personaly, I'm looking forward to the 3-D renderings...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #158 on: 03 Mar 2010, 19:43 »

Z) make your wishes come true
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #159 on: 03 Mar 2010, 20:16 »

allllways

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #160 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:17 »

Well, I guess everyone knows where Winslow sits on the pecking order!
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2010, 21:32 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #161 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:25 »

Now, getting back to the topic at hand;  I think I figured out the last panel.  She's neither crying, not laughing - she's just so completely mortified by that image flouncing through her mind that she's dying of embarrassment, right there on the spot. 

Think about it - she's a loner, yeah, but the girl fights dragons and runs raids - she's pretty independant, and I don't think that even she realized just how hard she was crushing on Angus until right there, at that very moment. 

Poor kid - all she wants now is for the pavement to open up and swallow her whole - and there's Angus, asking "What's wrong?", like she could really tell him! 

This has been another case file from the Carl Jung archives.  Transmission over!

I agree with your assessment -- poor Mari-bear is about to die of embarrassment from something she thought but didn't even say!  She's gonna maybe have some trouble looking Angus in the eye for a few minutes at least.

And I still detect no malice from Angus.  He's clueless, for sure, but not hateful.  He's gonna have a major facepalm moment when he realizes (one day) that his roomie's been crushing on him, but I somehow suspect he won't figure it out until she's either over him, and/or he's started dating (Faye, possibly?), and/or a meteorite is inbound and fiery impact is imminent.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #162 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:28 »

Winslow's gonna overheat :O

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #163 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:35 »

I believe, if Mieville could talk, he'd probably say something like, "But you're so warm!"
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #164 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:37 »

Bahaha!  I <3 Winslow.  ^_^  Interesting that he'd have something in common with Faye, indeed.  Panel 5 was . . . potentially disturbing.

Queue the 'sit-on-my-face' quips, I guess.   :roll:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #165 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:40 »

you know, had my girlfirends cat been in the same situation, it would do the same.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #166 on: 03 Mar 2010, 21:41 »

My thoughts exactly Heliphynea.  

Pintsize needs R2 at this point to get Mieville off Winslow.   :-D

As for Marigold, she's either gonna hurl or scream.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #167 on: 03 Mar 2010, 22:01 »

As for Marigold, she's either gonna hurl or scream.

I still think she's laughing.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #168 on: 03 Mar 2010, 22:45 »

I agree with your assessment -- poor Mari-bear is about to die of embarrassment from something she thought but didn't even say!  She's gonna maybe have some trouble looking Angus in the eye for a few minutes at least.

And I still detect no malice from Angus.  He's clueless, for sure, but not hateful.  He's gonna have a major facepalm moment when he realizes (one day) that his roomie's been crushing on him, but I somehow suspect he won't figure it out until she's either over him, and/or he's started dating (Faye, possibly?), and/or a meteorite is inbound and fiery impact is imminent.
I second all of this, with the exception of that miserable nickname. I will add, however, that Marigold probably believes Angus has a reasonable chance of seeing what she's thinking. As if. Embarrassed, possibly. The immediate thought she's embarrassed about?  I defy even the Amazing Kreskin to work that one out.*

A cat would cheerfully smother its owner for a warm spot to nap on, as at least one cat owner I know can attest. I don't envy Hanners the job of getting the hair out of Winslow's intakes.

*But if he could—"Hmm, you're embarrassed, possibly because of romantic yearnings and you—holy… pause  So, what are you doing after the show? Care to serve, er, share a cup?"
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #169 on: 03 Mar 2010, 23:01 »

It's just too bad the Roomba's gone...

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #170 on: 03 Mar 2010, 23:32 »

eat some lasagna
Whow. That site sucks three times over. Its full of flash animations, and I get a "this script is running wild, stop it" error on it. Possibly worst site I've seen in the decade.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #171 on: 03 Mar 2010, 23:36 »

A great many people enjoy QC.  You don't have to read it if you don't enjoy it!
artists become complacent when they are immune to criticism.
Hmm. Thinking about it - can anyone actually give me any example of a good artist who isnt immune to criticism ?

Its pretty much the defining quality of any original artist. Dont hear what all the idiots around are having for ideas. Instead, have your OWN ideas.
Carpe Diem

akronnick

« Reply #172 on: 04 Mar 2010, 00:21 »

eat some lasagna
Whow. That site sucks three times over. Its full of flash animations, and I get a "this script is running wild, stop it" error on it. Possibly worst site I've seen in the decade.

Did you NOT read the disclaimer?!

If you get Erectile Dysfunction, don't blame me!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #173 on: 04 Mar 2010, 00:36 »

Would the Roomba have been able to face Mieville down, or would we have had a situation like http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/19/roomba-cat-goes-for-a-ride/ ?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Doc

• Balloon animal serial killer
warm evil
« Reply #174 on: 04 Mar 2010, 00:52 »

Zap it. Zap the evil!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #175 on: 04 Mar 2010, 01:03 »

Good point. There's no arguing who would win in an all-out confrontation between Mieville and Momo-tan.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #176 on: 04 Mar 2010, 01:16 »

I now have a mental image of winslow grabbing a large spray bottle screaming "Back, back, I am no ones pillow!"
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #177 on: 04 Mar 2010, 01:18 »

eat some lasagna
Did you NOT read the disclaimer?!
Yeah but its the official Garfield site. How did they manage to screw it up so badly lol.
Carpe Diem

akronnick

« Reply #178 on: 04 Mar 2010, 01:36 »

It's the Official Garfield Site, I think that answers the question, And I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

It's the same reason that Dead Tree Newspaper websites always suck major ass.

I think that the Dead Tree Syndication industry believes that if they make their websites suck, people will believe that websites will always suck.

It's either the worst audience retention strategy ever, or the biggest case of denial since Lee waited until two years after Gettysburg to surrender.

0kamisama

• Warning: Prone to Squee-gasms ♥
« Reply #179 on: 04 Mar 2010, 01:47 »

To those who don't do the twitter, Jeph made a wallpaper: http://questionablecontent.net/random/mmmchan.png
This is just so wrong ...

And honestly, real Japanese girls aren't as cute as the ones portrayed in all the manga and anime mediums...
WHAT ?? :x ??

they're much cuter. ^_^
Oh ok. Except - what kind of monitor do you have that you think that is still readable ? Seriously ! I didn't even noticed before I quoted you.
Great job! You've passed the test!
I have no interest in ordinary humans...

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #180 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:04 »

Wouldn't "not beng able to get up on their own" be a major design defect in an AnthroPC?  Im sure Pintsie and Momo can! 

I guess you can be too thin! 

akronnick

« Reply #181 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:16 »

Winslow probably can right himself without problem under normal circumstances, however, when there is a vicious predator that weighs 4 or 5 times your weight using you as a nappy-time mat, returning to a vertical orientation becomes, shall we say, problematic.

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #182 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:16 »

See, Winslow, "evil" and "kitty" are not at all mutually exclusive.  You just had to learn that the hard way, I guess.
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #183 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:17 »

Wouldn't "not beng able to get up on their own" be a major design defect in an AnthroPC?  Im sure Pintsie and Momo can!  

I guess you can be too thin!  
Depends if any of the design docs included the phrase "whilst being used as a cat-bed" really, doesn't it?
Pretty sure Winslow has demonstrated the ability to self-right before, just not when weighed down...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

« Reply #184 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:18 »

I wonder how Mieville would react to Momo's electric shock feature?

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #185 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:30 »

Doesn't matter at this point - the cat's in sleep mode, but how big is winslow if a full grown cat can use him as a mattress?

Meiville will probably get up in a couple of minutes - even if he's warm, he's still not a floofy pillow or someone's chest. 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #186 on: 04 Mar 2010, 04:34 »

Maybe a little bigger than an iPad?

Also, you sure you didn't mean "someone's head" there?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #187 on: 04 Mar 2010, 06:14 »

Never had a cat sleep on my head.  I sleep face-down, though, so they like the small of my back...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #188 on: 04 Mar 2010, 06:19 »

A great many people enjoy QC.  You don't have to read it if you don't enjoy it!
artists become complacent when they are immune to criticism.
Hmm. Thinking about it - can anyone actually give me any example of a good artist who isnt immune to criticism ?
<snip>
Dave Kellett agrees with you.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #189 on: 04 Mar 2010, 06:36 »

And as for our poll:

What is Marigold doing?

Laughing her Assets Off    14 (21.2%)
Shuddering violently from the mental image    14 (21.2%)
Doing the Hokey-Pokey    3 (4.5%)
Having a world-class orgasm    24 (36.4%)
Vomiting up pancakes    3 (4.5%)
Going into Pancake withdrawl    8 (12.1%)

You are all perverts.
Just another Joe like 46

Shok Xone Studios

• Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
« Reply #190 on: 04 Mar 2010, 07:08 »

As an owner of three cats, I can fully appreciate Winslow's dilemma in having a cat that clearly likes you insist upon showing you its butt.

Also: BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHHAHAHHAA*fart*
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #191 on: 04 Mar 2010, 11:40 »

I am not a pervert - I merely presumed that it had been a while since breakfast.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #192 on: 04 Mar 2010, 13:52 »

And as for our poll:

What is Marigold doing?

Laughing her Assets Off    14 (21.2%)
Shuddering violently from the mental image    14 (21.2%)
Doing the Hokey-Pokey    3 (4.5%)
Vomiting up pancakes    3 (4.5%)
Going into Pancake withdrawl    8 (12.1%)

You are all perverts.

Says the one who came up with the poll option in the first place.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #193 on: 04 Mar 2010, 14:04 »

And as for our poll:

What is Marigold doing?

You are all perverts.

Says the one who came up with the poll option in the first place.
Yeah, thanks, nailed on it. (where's the blushing smiley?)
Just another Joe like 46

nichidani

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #194 on: 04 Mar 2010, 14:56 »

wow, a robot comic i actually rather like!
kittens!

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #195 on: 04 Mar 2010, 15:03 »

you imbeciles are missing the point.

WHERE IS THE CAT ASS.

You can't have a cat without a furry exclamation point.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
« Reply #196 on: 04 Mar 2010, 17:11 »

And as for our poll:

What is Marigold doing?

You are all perverts.

Isn't Marigold the gross, stay-in-all-the-time character? And you guys are fantasizing about her? No, none of this is disgusting. Oh, I should stop the sarcasm though because no one understands it. This is incredibly disgusting.
herro!

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #197 on: 04 Mar 2010, 17:33 »

Hey, we're equal opportunity perverts here, goddamnit!

Varian7

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #198 on: 04 Mar 2010, 17:41 »

Would the Roomba have been able to face Mieville down, or would we have had a situation like http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/19/roomba-cat-goes-for-a-ride/ ?

I laughed so hard at that video!  That is amazing!

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #199 on: 04 Mar 2010, 20:36 »

WHERE IS THE CAT ASS.

Winslow is the Cat Ass Trophy.

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up