Think of it: 1 billion Yaoi pictures!
- 13 (23.6%)
Keeping your pancakes warm
- 14 (25.5%)
Warming up pancakes
- 7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT March 1-5, 2010  (Read 70580 times)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
Re: WCT March 1-5, 2010
« Reply #50 on: 02 Mar 2010, 00:49 »

Best part of the comic—Marten's expression in the last panel. My translation: "It's too early in the morning, and there's not enough coffee in the world to prepare me for more of Tai's crap."
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #51 on: 02 Mar 2010, 00:52 »

I just now realize Hanners said "dishwasher", not "washing machine" like my weirdness censor initially translated.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #52 on: 02 Mar 2010, 00:56 »

Wait... Hanners lives by herself... And has a dishwasher? I mean, she's a clean-freak, and dishwashers really need at least a couple to fill them up fast enough to stop the dishes getting smelly, even if you do put the pots and pans in as well. I suppose though that in Massachusetts she wouldn't be as brainwashed about conserving water as we are down here, and maybe it's a small unit like a one-drawer Dish Drawer.

Come to think of it, how did Tai's clothes get in the dishwasher? She lives in a dorm, presumably with shared laundry facilities, right? So she'd hardly have developed the habit of throwing her clothes in the washing-machine as soon as she takes them off. And I've only known guys do that anyway; we girls sort our dirty laundry by colour, fabric etc. (Well I do anyway... What are you looking at?).

Oh, and I loved the punch-line panel! DWAH?!
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2010, 01:06 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #53 on: 02 Mar 2010, 01:03 »

we girls sort our dirty laundry by colour, fabric etc. (Well I do anyway... What are you looking at?).

I do; my wife doesn't.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #54 on: 02 Mar 2010, 02:25 »

Yeah, the funny here is not so much about Tai's comment, clearly meant for lulz, but Hannelore's "DWAH?!" which is the best reaction word ever, kind of a cross between "WTF" and "my brain just had a spontaneous aneurysm to escape this hell."

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #55 on: 02 Mar 2010, 02:34 »

we girls sort our dirty laundry by colour, fabric etc. (Well I do anyway... What are you looking at?).

I do; my wife doesn't.
I sort my clothes by whether the colours are known to be likely to run and whether I care if the other stuff in the wash turns pink or blue or whatever. It's worked so far.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #56 on: 02 Mar 2010, 02:47 »

I mean, she's a clean-freak, and dishwashers really need at least a couple to fill them up fast enough to stop the dishes getting smelly, even if you do put the pots and pans in as well.
You assume that a diswasher cleans good enough for Hanners. I guess they come standardized with the apartment.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #57 on: 02 Mar 2010, 02:58 »

Dishwashers generally give a superior clean these days, as long as the dishes and machine itself aren't all clogged up with waste food.

OTOH, I'm surprised Hanners doesn't have an autoclave...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #58 on: 02 Mar 2010, 03:00 »

The dishwasher is just one step in a fourteen point plan to eliminate all traces of infection, real, virtual or imaginary, that may or may not  inhabit Hannelore's kitchen.

The last step involves a research lab grade sterilization chamber. (She got it from the same place that she got the bio-suit.)
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #59 on: 02 Mar 2010, 03:03 »

You know, I always did want to know what happens if you use concentrated acid instead of the water in an autoclave....

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #60 on: 02 Mar 2010, 03:32 »

It seems everyone gets to have fun at Hanner's expense :lol:
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #61 on: 02 Mar 2010, 03:33 »

Wait... Hanners lives by herself... And has a dishwasher? I mean, she's a clean-freak, and dishwashers really need at least a couple to fill them up fast enough to stop the dishes getting smelly, even if you do put the pots and pans in as well. I suppose though that in Massachusetts she wouldn't be as brainwashed about conserving water as we are down here, and maybe it's a small unit like a one-drawer Dish Drawer.
Or, Hanners washes every dish she has, every day, whether she uses them or not. How else can cleanliness be assured? She may even keep them in the machine—it can be sealed, after all.

Come to think of it, how did Tai's clothes get in the dishwasher? She lives in a dorm, presumably with shared laundry facilities, right?
It's called drunk enough not to know you've been moved from one apartment to another. Tai didn't necessarily think she woke up at the dorm. She probably 'thought' she was home, having fallen asleep dressed. So she strips down, throws her clothes in the washer, then puts her nightwear on and goes back to sleep. Not actually having said nightwear wouldn't be a hindrance.

At least that's what…someone I know might've done, way back when.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #62 on: 02 Mar 2010, 03:47 »

My brother sleepwalks, but only in strange environments - he's fine at home.  We'd visit family or go on a trip, and you could forget finding his clothes in funny places - we'd usually find him in weird places, like the bathtub, or a closet, or under my parent's bed... once he was curled up on top of the washer/dryer in my grandparent's basement

It was cute when he was little, less so when he was a teenager.  I hear he still gets up at night on trips, but his wife's usually able to steer him back into bed.
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

akronnick

« Reply #63 on: 02 Mar 2010, 04:04 »

One time when my brother was a small child, he got up in the middle of the night, wandered into the laundry room and micturated upon my cousins clean laundry.

One of my college roommates came home and did the same to my CD case (remember when we used to carry our CDs around?)
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #64 on: 02 Mar 2010, 04:59 »

When Hannelore says 'dishwasher', she probably means one of those industry-grade Hobart dishwashers, like they use in restaurants.  They tend to actually hold less dishes per wash, but they're also fast and efficient; plus they'll sanitize near the boiling point which I'm sure is a plus for her...

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #65 on: 02 Mar 2010, 05:37 »

[...] micturated [...]

I learned a new word today!
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #66 on: 02 Mar 2010, 05:59 »

[...] micturated [...]

I learned a new word today!

Same!

As for the whole, 'how did Tai's clothes end up in the dishwasher' thing; to me it does not seem that crazy. When I was little apparently I would put absolutely everything in the bin because I was convinced it belonged there. I still go to do it sometimes absentmindedly, and that is when I am completely sober.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #67 on: 02 Mar 2010, 06:21 »

More importantly, how does putting your clothes in someone else's diswasher lead to an engagement? 

We're talkin' major metaphors, people! 

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #68 on: 02 Mar 2010, 06:26 »

And our current poll results:

Which would be the funniest?
  • Hanners waking up with Tai    - 17 (22.1%)
  • Faye waking up with Dora    - 7 (9.1%)
  • Pintsize waking up with Mieville    - 20 (26%)
  • Marten waking up with Steve    - 12 (15.6%)
  • Pancakes waking up with Waffles    - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

douggerel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #69 on: 02 Mar 2010, 06:54 »

Tai truly does love freaking Hannelore out. She's a soft target.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #70 on: 02 Mar 2010, 07:09 »

The quality of a hero depends on the villian, the measure of a champion by their opponent - only going for the easy targets isn't sportsmanlike. 

Now if she could get that reaction from Dora, I'd be impressed.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #71 on: 02 Mar 2010, 09:41 »

Oh, I'm sure she could if she put her mind to it. 

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #72 on: 02 Mar 2010, 09:54 »

Oh, I'm sure she could if she put her mind to it.
Really? Tai strikes me as actually quite naive under all that bluster, plus Dora would more than likely just go with it anyway. And turn it back if she felt really ticked. It would have to be something really big to get that shocked/confused look onto Dora's face.
Like proclaiming herself to be Sven's love-child from when he was fifteen or something.

...has she actually met Sven?

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #73 on: 02 Mar 2010, 11:18 »

Well, I'm not saying she would, just that she could.  It's sort of like how we all expect Hannelore to go all Jack Nicholson on the cast someday.

In other news; this:

Is freaky.  Were panels 1 and 3 planned like that, or do they just naturally mirror each other's mannerisms now? 
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2010, 11:24 by Tuitsuro »

Moleculor

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #74 on: 02 Mar 2010, 12:05 »

High-larious.

Also, I love how Marten's glancing towards the fourth wall in the last panel.

Shteevie

• Plantmonster
« Reply #75 on: 02 Mar 2010, 12:07 »

I thought it was funny.

I'm happy to see more of Tai, and also happy that characters that haven't interacted much [at all?] in the past are doing so now. Makes the comic feel more cohesive.

Still searching for the uncensored secret comic, but to no avail. I have a bet with a bud as to how many hidden piercings Tai has.

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #76 on: 02 Mar 2010, 14:29 »

Does anyone know what happened to Tai's tattoo's? Did she got them removed/washed off? I just noticed this recently.

Thorbard

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #77 on: 02 Mar 2010, 14:32 »

Dishwashers generally give a superior clean these days, as long as the dishes and machine itself aren't all clogged up with waste food.

She does. Well, she's joked about it at least.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=663

douggerel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #78 on: 02 Mar 2010, 15:08 »

She does. Well, she's joked about it at least.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=663

The best part about having an autoclave is you can totally use it as a pressure cooker! Or you can use your pressure cooker as an autoclave. Either way you get sterility and tasty food!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #79 on: 02 Mar 2010, 15:19 »

Does anyone know what happened to Tai's tattoo's? Did she got them removed/washed off? I just noticed this recently.

And here I was just concerned with the missing apartment windows and the constantly-moving kitchen sink in Marten's apartment...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #80 on: 02 Mar 2010, 15:33 »

High-larious.

Also, I love how Marten's glancing towards the fourth wall in the last panel.
Dude. Rolling the eyes to the side is not a fourth wall approach. If he was looking at us, maybe.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #81 on: 02 Mar 2010, 20:12 »

And here I was just concerned with the missing apartment windows and the constantly-moving kitchen sink in Marten's apartment...
The tattoos and the kitchen sink are like the interior of the Planet Express ship.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #82 on: 02 Mar 2010, 22:19 »

Quote from: Tai
... buck naked ...

Shouldn't that be "doe naked"?
no
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #83 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:36 »

In yesterdays poll, I definitely miss the option "Me marrying Hanners"  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-o :wink: :laugh: :angel: :-D
Carpe Diem

epoch

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #84 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:51 »

Marigold... in... maid outfit....oh lord. DROOL

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #85 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:52 »

LOL Marigold doesnt realize he's talking about Faye ? :evil:

And besides, didnt he throw away the coffee ... only buying it to get sassed by Faye ?  :-D
Carpe Diem

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #86 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:55 »

wait... so is she embaressed or horrified by the thought? her reaction is kind of ambiguous.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #87 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:56 »

OK, I'm disturbed.  

No, not that way, dammit!  

Is Marigold laughing or crying in the last panel?  I can read it either way - anybody got a take on this?  

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #88 on: 02 Mar 2010, 23:57 »

Marigold just made me think of Kaorin and her incredibly cute crush on Sakaki. Poor girl, unrequited love is so very painful.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #89 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:02 »

Points off from Angus. When a shy person asks to come along with you there are more tactful ways to phrase your welcome than "I don't care".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BillionSix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #90 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:05 »

Wait, Angus like espresso? I thought he didn't like coffee, and only went there to spar with Faye.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #91 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:09 »

wait... so is she embaressed or horrified by the thought? her reaction is kind of ambiguous.
Is Marigold laughing or crying in the last panel?  I can read it either way - anybody got a take on this?  
That's Sakaki's OMG SO CUTE reaction.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Prince of Space

• Larger than most fish
  • "Chickens are a cruel people"
« Reply #92 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:20 »

Points off from Angus. When a shy person asks to come along with you there are more tactful ways to phrase your welcome than "I don't care".

For serious.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one reading Angus as a little less than kind/thoughtful toward Marigold.. >:\

Edit: after reading the post below me, then reading the comic again...I retract this statement.  *This* time..
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2010, 00:27 by Prince of Space »

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #93 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:21 »

It was probably more of an offhand "Sure, I don't care if you do! Come along!" thing that is communicated more with inflection. That's the way I read it, at least.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

lexis

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #94 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:57 »

Wait, Angus like espresso? I thought he didn't like coffee, and only went there to spar with Faye.

He goes there mostly to spar with Faye, but she called him on throwing away his coffee and introduced him to the wonders of espresso drinks in #1122.  As long as it's made with soy milk he's good.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #95 on: 03 Mar 2010, 00:57 »

"Besides, half the fun is having a hot chick make it for me! I couldn't get that at home."

Angus, you're a prick.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #96 on: 03 Mar 2010, 01:11 »

Thoughtless, indeed.  I had thought better of him, but he really doesn't think before he speaks.  At least, not to Marigold. 

Methinks the lad's taking her for granted!  And that's inexcusable...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #97 on: 03 Mar 2010, 01:20 »

Which makes for some dangerous dynamics. An insecure and inexperienced person like Marigirl is at risk of falling into the trap of "Maybe he'll finally notice me if I just crush on him even harder", which could make a bad situation even worse.

Yes, I think she's crushing on him.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

akronnick

« Reply #98 on: 03 Mar 2010, 01:24 »

Not thoughtless, just clueless.

Marigold hasn't expressed her feelings, whatever they are, to Angus. If she's anything like me, she takes great pains to keep Angus from noticing any feelings she has.

Remember, Angus is on the other side of the fourth wall, he's not seeing things unfold from a third person omniscient perspective like we are.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #99 on: 03 Mar 2010, 01:29 »

Great Googly Moogly! Didn't see that coming, no sir.

I mean, 'Master'?! And lookit that skirt! Them Japanese Mangar-things're corruptin' our youth!

Got to get me some 'o them…
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up