THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar: Legend Of Korra  (Read 37911 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Avatar: Legend Of Korra
« Reply #50 on: 29 Apr 2012, 03:50 »

Of course, that is an option. I mean, it's not like I have a legal way of getting to it, do I?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 Aug 2014, 23:35 »

henry. fucking. rollins.

that is all.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #52 on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:43 »

*earthbends the topic out of the grave and sets it back upright*

So... The final episodes are up today. No more Legend of Korra. No more planned Avatar at this point. It is both a joyful thing and a sad thing. And I really think these episodes paid off. As fun as the action is... I got the most emotionally involved in the personal interactions.

Spoilered for those who haven't seen the episodes yet:

(click to show/hide)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #53 on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:45 »

Question arising from the last episode of LoK:

(click to show/hide)
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #54 on: 19 Dec 2014, 07:52 »

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #55 on: 19 Dec 2014, 08:23 »

As someone who has only seen season 1 so far, I should not have read those spoilers.  :-o
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #56 on: 19 Dec 2014, 08:33 »

We spoilered for a reason! Also, go watch it. Yes all of it. Take the weekend.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #57 on: 19 Dec 2014, 08:37 »

Nah i've just been so busy.  My girlfriend liked TLA but she saw episode 1 of korra and didnt like it.  We spend so much time together that its hard to get around to it.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #58 on: 19 Dec 2014, 08:48 »

I watched season 1 recently as well and I thought it really didn't compare well to TLA. Too much pointless drama, for one. Korra being an insufferable brat at the start for two. But it was quite entertaining nonetheless.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #59 on: 19 Dec 2014, 10:19 »

Korra's brattieness is part of her character arc. She gets even worse about it in the second season, but then has a turn around and becomes a much more mature person. At first she's all brashed and ego-inflated that she's the Avatar... Until she starts to realize that it's more a burden than privileged. Aang never really went through that.. In part because of his Air Temple upbringing made him more humble, if inexperienced in the world. And he was thrust into his responsibility a good number of years before Korra was. Nor was he doted on by everyone because he was the Avatar the way she grew up.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #60 on: 20 Dec 2014, 13:43 »

Yeah I dashed through season one last night and "quit being a little bitch Korra" was something I said to my screen at LEAST twice an episode. I liked parts of it. I really disliked other parts of it. Pretty good all told/
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #61 on: 22 Dec 2014, 18:47 »

Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino (co-creators of LoK) comments about what happened in the last scene of the finale:
 These articles contain spoilers about the ending.

Bryan.
 Michael.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: 22 Dec 2014, 19:41 »

(click to show/hide)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #63 on: 22 Dec 2014, 20:14 »

Question arising from the last episode of LoK:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #64 on: 22 Dec 2014, 20:45 »

(click to show/hide)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #65 on: 22 Dec 2014, 20:57 »

Preorder special on Amazon today:

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #66 on: 22 Dec 2014, 23:53 »

Storms take a while to form and, right now, I think that the studios have more immediate concerns (specifically the 'North Korea' thing). If there is an official backlash (or, at least, disclaimer/retraction), it will happen some time next year. For example, Korra may never be rerun by some stations.
~~~~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #67 on: 23 Dec 2014, 00:15 »

So? Nick wasn't airing it directly after season 2 in the first place, and in the second... do you really think this generation cares?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #68 on: 23 Dec 2014, 01:27 »

... in the second... do you really think this generation cares?

"This generation" doesn't matter. Only those who put up the money matter. No funding, no distribution beyond low-quality pirate recordings.
~~~~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #69 on: 23 Dec 2014, 02:25 »

There's already legal and illegal online distribution at high quality. (I know, I looked) The pirated copies are done, and the ink's dry for DVDs. Who the fuck cares about TV reruns unless you're from the stone age?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #70 on: 23 Dec 2014, 02:34 »

There's already legal and illegal online distribution at high quality. (I know, I looked) The pirated copies are done, and the ink's dry for DVDs. Who the fuck cares about TV reruns unless you're from the stone age?

The advertisers, who pay the networks' bills, who, in turn, commission content and distribute it. Boycotts happen and shows are cancelled or simply never produced as a result. Hosting companies are required to delete 'offensive' or 'illegal' files. Follow the money; always follow the money.

I'm not saying that there will be a grand backlash. Frankly this is too small fry to provoke something like that (this isn't exactly a prime-time show watched by hundreds of millions, after all). What I am saying, and have been saying from the start, is that it is too early and there are too many distractions to judge the long-term reaction to this particularly gutsy artistic decision on the part of Bryan and Mike (and I did like Bryan's blog post - he made a very good artistic justification that neatly disarmed all the political arguments).

There is always push-back to things like this but it's too early to say what form that this will take.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2014, 02:40 by BenRG »
~~~~

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #71 on: 17 Jun 2016, 23:56 »

As a creative exercise, I wrote up a concept for a third Avatar series (taking place after Legend of Korra).

If anyone's interested, you can check out the Reddit post here!
I dunno..

YouCantSeeMe91

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #72 on: 31 Oct 2016, 01:53 »

As a creative exercise, I wrote up a concept for a third Avatar series (taking place after Legend of Korra).

If anyone's interested, you can check out the Reddit post here!
That's pretty cool, I like it:)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up