The Meaningful Silence
- 4 (4.5%)
Faye's Panic Attack
- 1 (1.1%)
Marten's peeking out
- 11 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 23-27 August 2010 (1736-1740)  (Read 121064 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: WCDT 23-27 August 2010
« Reply #200 on: 27 Aug 2010, 06:49 »

So who will freak out the most over Angus/Faye?

Marten    - 19 (24.4%)
Dora    - 1 (1.3%)
Hannelore    - 1 (1.3%)
Penelope    - 0 (0%)
Marigold    - 0 (0%)
Sven    - 26 (33.3%)
Dale    - 2 (2.6%)
Pintsize    - 3 (3.8%)
Momo    - 3 (3.8%)
FAYE!    - 19 (24.4%) <--- Personally, I think this one's the winner
ANGUS?    - 4 (5.1%)

Total Voters: 78
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Rythe

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #201 on: 27 Aug 2010, 07:59 »

Score! I knew Faye would crack.

Now, we're left wondering if the cause of Marten's protrusion is an agitated, panicky Faye, or having just come away from sharing a bed with a possibly nekkid Dora. I'm hoping that it's the later, because the former is really, really twisted. Even a comic character doesn't need that kind of fetish.

Or maybe they just gaped unfortunately, just because it's showing...

Akin to getting new pants that pyramid whenever you sit down looking awkward.
Popular imagery becomes the accepted standard, and why people aspire to become what isn't real.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #202 on: 27 Aug 2010, 08:45 »

I think it really depends on the kind of pants he is wearing, perhaps he simply forgot to button up a button and there is no turgidity at all. I am not sure whether that is more or less embarrassing for a dude, to be seen with a boner at an awkward time or to be seen without one at all. Anyone care to weigh in on that?

I'm just gonna say that pretty much no matter what, getting accidentally seen with a raging boner by someone who you don't want to see said boner, is infinitely worse than the absence of the boner.  But then surprise unwanted dick-reveals are embarassing, pretty much no matter what.

I'd say that he's probably not standing at attention, given that Faye didn't respond with screaming / beating / some other kind of abuse.  Though on the other hand... he's got his arms around a girl he acknowledges that he finds damn hot, who he occasionally has sexy dreams about, who he until fairly recently had strong feelings for, and who is currently not wearing any pants as she curls up against him on a dark couch.  I mean, yes, it's gross and inappropriate, but find me a guy who *wouldn't* get a little bit not-so-little in that situation.  So while I suspect that given how things have turned out, no, he wasn't cracking a stiffy, but there's... potential.

I think that of greater significance is that pause and stammer on his part when Faye looks up at him.  Boner or no, he's revealing SOMETHING that he probably wishes he hadn't.  And it's not necessarily his penis.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #203 on: 27 Aug 2010, 10:07 »

Oh boxers, you win again!  Damn ye and your baffling button-that-must-be-buttoned!   :laugh:  (Seriously though, why would someone not button that?  Why wear them at all if you're just gonna poke out anyway?)

As to Marten having resurgent feelings for Faye . . . I dunno.  I suppose it can't be ruled out, but my interpretation is that Marty's feeling some post-honeymoon-period doldrums with Dora (if indeed he's actually wondering how much they really have in common) but isn't wishing for something romantic with Faye.  Granted, Marten and Faye hooking up at this point would hurt more people now that Faye's started dating someone she cares about -- I guess whether that happens depends on whether Jeph wants to send an angst-laden daisy-cutter through his characters at this point.  Personally, I think Marten may have been wondering if Faye would even need him anymore, as a friend, an unasked question that was answered in today's trip in the emphatic affirmative.  She needs a friend right now (panic attacks are no fun), and busting a move on her while she's that vulnerable would be a douche move, something Marten is well aware of and wouldn't do.  He has his hapless moments, but is ultimately unselfish.

My fave of the tumblr alt endings is the first one.  ^_^  For some reason, I wanted there to be a moray eel version, with the eel coming up and biting Faye's finger.

And since this song is now in my head because of earlier posts, behold as I share a link (no, it's not Toto, but it's very 80's): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZneyAp0viXk

You're welcome?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Ferahgo the Assassin

• Plantmonster
    • http://ferahgo-the-assassin.deviantart.com/
« Reply #204 on: 27 Aug 2010, 10:31 »

I'd say that he's probably not standing at attention, given that Faye didn't respond with screaming / beating / some other kind of abuse.  Though on the other hand... he's got his arms around a girl he acknowledges that he finds damn hot, who he occasionally has sexy dreams about, who he until fairly recently had strong feelings for, and who is currently not wearing any pants as she curls up against him on a dark couch.  I mean, yes, it's gross and inappropriate, but find me a guy who *wouldn't* get a little bit not-so-little in that situation.  So while I suspect that given how things have turned out, no, he wasn't cracking a stiffy, but there's... potential.

Yeah, maybe when you're 15. But I think that most mature males who genuinely care about the woman pouring her heart out to him would not be sporting a stiffy at that time. If it's inevitable that a man would, then shit, I've just lost some faith in the male sex.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #205 on: 27 Aug 2010, 10:44 »

You had faith in us?

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #206 on: 27 Aug 2010, 11:04 »

But I think that most mature males who genuinely care about the woman pouring her heart out to him would not be sporting a stiffy at that time.

haha

Biology lesson of the day: dick != brain
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Tergon

« Reply #207 on: 27 Aug 2010, 11:16 »

Yeah, maybe when you're 15. But I think that most mature males who genuinely care about the woman pouring her heart out to him would not be sporting a stiffy at that time. If it's inevitable that a man would, then shit, I've just lost some faith in the male sex.

Hey now, I said that I didn't think he was sporting an erection at the time, I just acknowledged the possibility.  I mean it's pretty hard to turn off the cute-girl-cuddling-me reflex, especially when it's someone you've lusted after for a while, and double especially if NEITHER OF YOU ARE WEARING PANTS.
Not saying he'd be sleazy enough to act on it, and he probably wasn't cracking wood anyway.  Just saying... y'know, as a guy, it's possible.

And yeah, since when did you have faith in us anyway?

Sapnish

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #208 on: 27 Aug 2010, 11:42 »

I don't know what Jeph is talking about, my boyfriend doesn't have a button on the fly of his boxers...*recalls the time he scooted out from his desk to show me just how much his wang was hanging out* teehee...

Poor Faye. I don't know why you all are wailing about Marten/Faye still, when clearly the important thing here is that Faye is having an honest to goodness panic attack. Marten Jr was able to distract her from her crippling anxiety, and no, he wasn't popping a boner, jeebus, guys...

westrim

« Reply #209 on: 27 Aug 2010, 12:02 »

A. People, he wasn't hard.

B. The primary objectives of male underwear are to cover up, of course, but more importantly to keep junk from waving around and from sticking to itself or your leg from body heat+sweat. Thus, buttons (if your undies have them) aren't really important to guys, and just get in the way when they need to pee, since ordinarily your penis isn't going to pop out ( in this case, his head probably fell at rest at just the wrong position.)
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2010, 12:03 by westrim »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #210 on: 27 Aug 2010, 13:57 »

If Dora walks in now, this is gonna be awkward.

Or more awkward than it is.

I like the fact that it's finally hit Faye she actually really  likes Angus and is worried it's gonna go pear shaped like it did with Svenwhore.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #211 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:02 »

That's some of it, but I suspect Faye's overall abandonment issues are looming much larger right now. Of course, Sven's tryst did little to alleviate those.

What would be amusing is if Dora came out, noticed Marten's condition, sighed, and hand-led him back into the bedroom, muttering something about sweeping back the tide.

I think it really depends on the kind of pants he is wearing, perhaps he simply forgot to button up a button and there is no turgidity at all. I am not sure whether that is more or less embarrassing for a dude, to be seen with a boner at an awkward time or to be seen without one at all. Anyone care to weigh in on that?
It's a matter of age/perspective. There is an inverse ratio between age and how embarrassing an erection is, modified by such factors as the number, gender, and prudery of witnesses, not forgetting, of course, individual modesty or utter lack thereof.

And in Marten's defense, in my experience those buttons can come undone rather easily. I think the idea is quick access, paired with the strange notion that it's not expected you'll lounge about in your underwear with people who would rather not see what you have inside it.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2010, 14:04 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Manix

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #212 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:06 »

I'm a week late in adding this, but I feel I have to. Toto was good, But Journey, now there's an 80's band to remember!

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #213 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:27 »

If Dora walks in now, this is gonna be awkward.

Or more awkward than it is.
What could possibly be awkward about finding your boyfriend platonicly hugging another girl?

In the middle of the night...

In the dark...

In their undies...

And he's "poking out".
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #214 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:58 »

I don't think he's having an erection, erection show in any underwear and will be awkward without poking out. Instead it can just be shifted in the wrong position. Im not saying his peis might be in the lowest stance either, as having a pantless girl you had feelings for before will probably excite it a bit but not all the way.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #215 on: 27 Aug 2010, 15:12 »

She looks at me for a moment, then says, "Got what?"

I glare at her, she just says "Put those away, or stop wearing boxers!" and leaves the room.

That is the only story about me getting hit in the balls that I think is funny. The rest are way too painful, and all involve me hitting back.

what the ever-loving FUCK.

That's a relationship-ender right there. I would completely lose my shit.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #216 on: 27 Aug 2010, 15:21 »

I think that most mature males who genuinely care about the woman pouring her heart out to him would not be sporting a stiffy at that time. If it's inevitable that a man would, then shit, I've just lost some faith in the male sex.

Please, remember our animal part(s) are millions of years older, and have their own 'brains', which the recent civilized additions have little or no control over...   [Yeah, i think that faith is misplaced.]

If I were in Marten's position, holding the trembling woman I loved and wanted all those years, in the middle of the night, in the dark, neither of us wearing pants, my SO having just bluntly told me to go away, ...  

[Hey, isn't this the closest (& least dressed) these two (the whole early QC's romantic leads!*) have ever been, together?  Not to mention (how to put this delicately) the only time Faye has set eyes on Little Marten...? ]

I am impressed with Jeph's ability to tease us yet again, dangling (sorry!) possibilities in front of us that we thought were long discarded...  :)

* back when QC was winning award(s) for Best Romantic Webcomic, if I recall correctly....?
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2010, 13:47 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

eddie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #217 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:04 »

That's some of it, but I suspect Faye's overall abandonment issues are looming much larger right now. Of course, Sven's tryst did little to alleviate those.

What would be amusing is if Dora came out, noticed Marten's condition, sighed, and hand-led him back into the bedroom, muttering something about sweeping back the tide.

It's a matter of age/perspective. There is an inverse ratio between age and how embarrassing an erection is, modified by such factors as the number, gender, and prudery of witnesses, not forgetting, of course, individual modesty or utter lack thereof.

And in Marten's defense, in my experience those buttons can come undone rather easily. I think the idea is quick access, paired with the strange notion that it's not expected you'll lounge about in your underwear with people who would rather not see what you have inside it.

I think its there so your balls stay cool and your sperm count stays up.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #218 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:05 »

LA LA LA <Not listening to this boner discussion> LA LA LA!

Thinking about Friday's strip again this morning (It's Saturday here; you're living in the past!) I had a Fridge Logic moment. Just how did Faye get Marten to come to his bedroom door? Telepathic messages or just loud knocking? Sure, Marten might have been awake, sleeplessly gazing up at the ceiling, but Faye didn't know that. Marten must be a light sleeper, or Dora a really heavy one, or both.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

numbvox

• Plantmonster
  • Elmo is gay.
« Reply #219 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:50 »

Damnit Akima....  I lost 30 minutes @ tvtropes... 

EVERY DAMN TIME!

semi1o1

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #220 on: 27 Aug 2010, 17:08 »

I'd just like to submit this to Jeph's alternate ending collection

tomart

• Curry sauce
« Reply #221 on: 27 Aug 2010, 17:18 »

Damnit Akima....  I lose 30-90 minutes @ tvtropes...  

EVERY DAMN TIME!
Me too...

Also:
"I KNOW it may be INVOLUNTARY, but could you  
[read my mind/ stop doing all the things that annoy me/ become what i think you ought to be/ stop breathing/ etc]   for me?"  

After all, most mature males who genuinely care about the woman ought to be able to do those few little things for her.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .        women.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2010, 10:37 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Somebody

• Curry sauce
« Reply #222 on: 27 Aug 2010, 17:21 »

Dora is going to stumble in on them in a few seconds and freak out.

and then ... 3-some?
Dora's said "threesomes are better as an idea than in practice" before.

Someone else will no doubt be along shortly with the link ;)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #223 on: 27 Aug 2010, 18:23 »

...My boxers don't have buttons. Then again, I'm a briefs kind of guy.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #224 on: 27 Aug 2010, 18:38 »

Damnit Akima....  I lose 30-90 minutes @ tvtropes... 

EVERY DAMN TIME!
True Dat!!!
I tried, I really tried... but 10 minutes later, I already had five tabs open.

ARRRGHHHH!
Just another Joe like 46

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #225 on: 27 Aug 2010, 19:40 »

Dora is going to stumble in on them in a few seconds and freak out.

and then ... 3-some?
Dora's said "threesomes are better as an idea than in practice" before.

Someone else will no doubt be along shortly with the link ;)

Bam.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #226 on: 27 Aug 2010, 23:16 »

She looks at me for a moment, then says, "Got what?"

I glare at her, she just says "Put those away, or stop wearing boxers!" and leaves the room.

That is the only story about me getting hit in the balls that I think is funny. The rest are way too painful, and all involve me hitting back.

what the ever-loving FUCK.

That's a relationship-ender right there. I would completely lose my shit.

1. Y'all don't know the girl, we had an odd relationship.
2. She apologized. Not to me, to my boys. And it wasn't a verbal apology so much as it was an oral apology, if you follow me.
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #227 on: 27 Aug 2010, 23:34 »

Oh, if she made THAT kind of an oral apology to your boys after smacking them, well then I can see you letting that go. It would still take me awhile though, and maybe a couple more "oral apologies"...
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #228 on: 28 Aug 2010, 03:52 »

Damnit Akima....  I lose 30-90 minutes @ tvtropes...  

EVERY DAMN TIME!

True Dat!!!
Hah! I looked at the linked page this time, and left. My will is as steel.

Of course, I think I read most of those links the last time I spent all night there.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tergon

« Reply #229 on: 28 Aug 2010, 06:37 »

I love that nobody here is arguing that Marten actually has a boner in that comic.  We all seem to agree that while, yes, it's POSSIBLE a man might get involuntarily erect in that situation, in this comic, that's clearly not happened.  Yet the argument rages... somehow.  :P

I was going to say that this is probably not what Jeph was expecting us to focus on when he drew the comic, instead wanting the character development and drama to take the forefront, but... well, then I remembered who we're talking about.

We all know it's true.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #230 on: 28 Aug 2010, 07:41 »

So he's Mr Brown in Reservoir Dogs with the "dickdickdickdickdickdickDICK"?

...I am remembering my colors in Reservoir Dogs correctly, right?

Tergon

« Reply #231 on: 28 Aug 2010, 07:50 »

Correct.  Which means that Jeph is, by extention, Quentin Tarantino.  Which means the comic is now called Reservoir Content.  Or possibly Questionable Pulp.

Malsies

• Not quite a lurker
  • Eat You
« Reply #232 on: 28 Aug 2010, 09:12 »

1.) Giving my opinion as a lady, boxer briefs are where it's at.

2.) When I first read it, yeah, I thought Marten had a boner.  But then I re-read and decided that it was just unfortunate positioning.

3.) It occurs to me that Dora may have had worry at the back of her mind concerning Angus and Faye's blossoming relationship, and the effect it might have on Marten.  She's exhibited insecurity in the past over his feelings toward Faye.  If Faye did knock on their door, she may be awake right now and wondering what is going on.  I would not be at all surprised if she walks in, and an argument ensues.

4.) Have to say, I've been pretty thrilled with this arc.  I've been rooting for Fayngus since 779.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #233 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:16 »

I love that nobody here is arguing that Marten actually has a boner in that comic.  We all seem to agree that while, yes, it's POSSIBLE a man might get involuntarily erect in that situation, in this comic, that's clearly not happened.  Yet the argument rages... somehow.  :P

I was going to say that this is probably not what Jeph was expecting us to focus on when he drew the comic, instead wanting the character development and drama to take the forefront, but... well, then I remembered who we're talking about.

We all know it's true.
Not exactly. Combine the two, using the first two balloons from the first panel, and the third from the second panel, and then you may have something.

'Cause, after all, it's usually fart jokes. :-)

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #234 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:18 »

Yet the argument rages... somehow.  :P
It's the weekend silly season...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #235 on: 28 Aug 2010, 16:51 »

So I'm hoping (in vain, I am sure) that by Friday we will see the following:
- Faye visit her therapist and she helps Faye not be so scared
- Faye talks to Angus without freaking out/running away/pushing him away/breaking things off
and just maybe...
- Faye having a deep conversation with Angus about her dad and puts more ghosts to rest

I'm not staying that all of these will be completed and resolved by Friday (I'm sure it would take weeks) but I hope that it all happens, for the health, growth, and well-being of Fayngus, which I have also been waiting for since the late 700's (:
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #236 on: 28 Aug 2010, 17:16 »

Correct.  Which means that Jeph is, by extention, Quentin Tarantino.  Which means the comic is now called Reservoir Content.  Or possibly Questionable Pulp.

You forgot "From Dusk Til Dora" and "Kill Marten"
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #237 on: 28 Aug 2010, 17:54 »

Shouldn't that be Kill Sven ?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Dickbutt

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #238 on: 28 Aug 2010, 20:59 »

Unrelated to the boners: The place where I work (5 Guys Burgers and Fries) played 'Africa' today and I was the only one who was happy

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #239 on: 28 Aug 2010, 22:00 »

You forgot "From Dusk Til Dora" and "Kill Marten"
Since QT was in and helped write Dusk 'Til Dawn, but didn't direct, I think it doesn't qualify. OTOH, you missed Dora Brown and Insufferable Anthros.

Shouldn't that be Kill Sven ?
Maybe. But why settle for that when you can have Kill Wil?  Given her ability both to fly off the handle and hold a grudge, I suspect Penelope would make a better Bride than Faye. Of course, you could have Gank Gang; Hanners is probably a natural.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #240 on: 28 Aug 2010, 22:52 »

Everybody welcome Oglaf to Topatoco.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #241 on: 29 Aug 2010, 01:54 »

...who wants cum on their shirt?  :-o
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2010, 04:16 by Dliessmgg »
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #242 on: 29 Aug 2010, 04:10 »

Maybe. But why settle for that when you can have Kill Wil?  Given her ability both to fly off the handle and hold a grudge, I suspect Penelope would make a better Bride than Faye.
Yes! With... Dora as O-Ren Ishii (dye her hair black again)? Marten as Johnny Mo, leader of the Crazy 88? Momo or Tai as Go-go Yubari? Cosette as Sophie Fatale (she's accident-prone enough to get her arm cut off by a bacon-slicer, never mind a samurai sword)? Faye as Vernita Green (she's got that domesticity/brutal violence thing going)? Hanner-scar as Elle Driver? Steve as Bud? Pintsize as Pai Mei? Angus as Hattori Hanzo? Sorry, my brain just filed for divorce...
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2010, 04:22 by Akima »

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #243 on: 29 Aug 2010, 07:21 »

Should be an interesting custody battle.

tomart

• Curry sauce
« Reply #244 on: 29 Aug 2010, 10:51 »

The Weekend Silly Season!   :)    I ... am happy. And i forgot about Faye's therapist - yes, it's Definitely Time to go see her again...

I once had a therapist that hot, and...  well, the transference and countertransference issues were rearing their lovely heads. 

"Life is funny."  One of my favorite quotes, and where better than a webcomic?   :lol:

Irresponsible Adult GOM

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #245 on: 29 Aug 2010, 13:10 »

Unrelated to the boners: The place where I work (5 Guys Burgers and Fries) played 'Africa' today and I was the only one who was happy

The other day "Rosanna" played at my workplace, but no one was around to enjoy it with me.

I'd never heard it before; I thought it was saying "Hosanna" at first, and I was all like "shit y'all, that don't make no sense" and then I listened a little harder and then I was like "whoa" and then yeah.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #246 on: 29 Aug 2010, 14:31 »

[sigh]

Another generation, tainted by Toto. 

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #247 on: 29 Aug 2010, 15:17 »

That Toto is much cuter than the other Toto.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #248 on: 29 Aug 2010, 18:27 »

Everybody welcome Oglaf to Topatoco.
And then run for the hills, 'cause the End just has to be Nigh. On the plus side, that might mean no more damn dirty dinky dogs. We'll probably have to have them for dinner as the 'guest of honor.'

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #249 on: 19 Nov 2010, 17:23 »

This is Marten's second late-night-sigh (Ok, he didn't sigh this time, but still...)
...And within a few weeks of that strip, we had the "Sven The Douchebag" arc.

This is why I take that look in today's last panel with trepidation. SOMEone in this strip is about to get dumped on by an ocean of fecal matter that no dick-broom can sweep away.

...WOW was I right.
Just another Joe like 46
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up