"You want the paper?" "Just the sports section, please."
- 8 (13.1%)
"How the hell are things MORE awkward?"
- 0 (0%)
NOT DURING WORK HOURS.
- 3 (4.9%)
Seriously. It's OK. Let it go.
- 0 (0%)
I WILL LET YOU TOUCH MY BOOBS IF YOU'LL SHUT UP.
- 13 (21.3%)
Boob touching!
- 8 (13.1%)
"I hate to interrupt your reverie, but..." SHHHH!
- 13 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 11-15 October 2010 (1771-1775)  (Read 86716 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCDT: 11-15 October 2010
« Reply #150 on: 14 Oct 2010, 17:29 »

I didn't watch Captain Planet. I was too busy being an adult. And wondering why they were editing my old Warner Brothers cartoons.

I was in High school when CP was on the air, so I didn't watch it very much, but my younger brothers always watched the damned thing, mainly because they knew I hated it.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #151 on: 14 Oct 2010, 19:19 »

Marten squeezing Sven's butt.      - 15 (31.3%)

Oh, come ON! Likelihood, people! Think about the likelihood! The first option is much more likely.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #152 on: 14 Oct 2010, 20:01 »

I didn't watch Captain Planet. I was too busy being an adult. And wondering why they were editing my old Warner Brothers cartoons.

guys, nostalgia aside - most cartoons from the 70s sucked.  Although I've always had a soft spot for Velma, even before I understood why.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

foolsguinea

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #153 on: 14 Oct 2010, 20:18 »

He said, "Warner Brothers cartoons." Like Bugs & Daffy. Not the 1970's Hanna-Barbera crud.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #154 on: 14 Oct 2010, 20:56 »

Angus: take the deal. 

Feel up, then shut up.
Not the correct choice.  Not taking the deal is also not the correct choice.  He's screwed.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #155 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:13 »

Personally, I was a fan of the old Popeye cartoons that were done by Segar, before the 40's.  When they started the cheap animation tricks and introduced the nephews (peepeye, pipeye, pupeye, and yes, poopeye) it really went downhill.  And anything with Betty Boop.  The Disney Silly Symphonies were pretty good, too.  

What? I grew up near a revival theatre, they showed black and white cartoon reels before the features, which were usually the Marx Brothers, Abbot & Costello, Topper, the Nick and Nora mysteries, and a lot great deal of film noir.  I'm pretty sure I was the only person under 12 in the theatre.  

Besides, even my baby brother was too old for Captain Planet.  It sounds really bad.  Environmental morality doesn't belong in cartoons.  

More giant hammers. less saving the earth.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #156 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:15 »

I thought Faye was taking a photo at first.

Also, I wouldn't expect Angus of all people to take an offer like that seriously... or Faye to actually follow through with the not-murdering.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #157 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:15 »

My gut reaction to tonight's comic was "Creeeeeeepy," but Faye was the one who suggested this, so.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #158 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:16 »

But Angus did shut up.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #159 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:18 »

Angus is in Heaven   :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #160 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:19 »

Sorry to double post, but the comic updated while I was posting. 

Glassy eyed Angus!  Time dilation is now in effect. 

But it worked, he can't think of anything to say...

And yeah, I thought Faye was taking a photo for proof (or to update her facebook status)!
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2010, 21:21 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

akronnick

« Reply #161 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:25 »

Smooth Angus, real, real smooth.

Somebody get that man a Colt 45!

And yes, what happened here is still MUCH less awkward than what would have happened if She had told him what she told Marten.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #162 on: 14 Oct 2010, 21:31 »

Every time I look at that electric meter all I see is this:

=

Ferahgo the Assassin

• Plantmonster
    • http://ferahgo-the-assassin.deviantart.com/
« Reply #163 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:22 »

...As a representative of straight female readers, I was very disappointed that the panels ended at Angus's waist in this strip.

Sigh... pants boners > boobs. More pandering to female readers and less to males, c'mon Jeph!

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #164 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:33 »

I thought Faye was taking a photo at first.

Ha!  I kinda hope she accidentally took one . . .

...As a representative of straight female readers, I was very disappointed that the panels ended at Angus's waist in this strip.

Sigh... pants boners > boobs. More pandering to female readers and less to males, c'mon Jeph!

This makes me envision a sign to be posted by Dora in the alley: No TENT-PITCHING.

I particularly liked that Faye was blushing at first and then just acclimated.  Angus' reverence is hilarious.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #165 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:53 »

I guess Faye uses her cellphone as a pocket-watch (she certainly doesn't wear a wristwatch)? Or maybe she uses its countdown timer function to time her lunchbreak? I use mine all the time, to time all sorts of things.

I think Angus is having a religious experience. But... A slightly feeble end of the week strip?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #166 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:00 »

Ah, a man who knows how to savor the priceless moments. The second time is wonderful, and every one she allows you afterward a privilege and a joy—but there's just no recapturing that first touch o' boob.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #167 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:01 »

<insert sound of hysterical laughter, brought about by today's comic>

The comic title is truly the cherry on the cake.
Quote from: Is it cold in here?:
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #168 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:05 »

I guess Faye uses her cellphone as a pocket-watch (she certainly doesn't wear a wristwatch)?

Evidently so.
See, we folks who grew up in the pre-cell phone era (in case you wonder: yes, there WAS such a thing as the pre-cell phone era), are all too accustomed to glancing at our left wrist. Apparently, people under thirty do not have that left-wrist reflex anymore.
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #169 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:07 »

Faye's not breaking down into Panic Attack Mode.  I'm impressed.

Though the way Angus is just standing there, you'd think he's never touched a boob before.  
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #170 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:23 »

Somewhat like Power Pack when Katie Power was the nuclear option of the team, more or less,
hahaha this.  If she'd actually realized what she could really do, the consequences might have been... extremely bloody.

I was in High school when CP was on the air
This could be taken in a really, really, really disturbing way.

re: today's comic:
WOW.  Faye must really be into Angus, especailly considering how protective she is of her boobs.  No freaking out, no punching - it's almost like she...trusts...him.  CRAZY!

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

lts

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #171 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:36 »

I've found that this comic works just as well in backwards as it does forwards

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #172 on: 14 Oct 2010, 23:42 »

WHOA, it totally does!!  Nice find  :-D
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #173 on: 15 Oct 2010, 00:12 »

How weird !

I never thought that its possible that touching a womans breast could feel like a medical exam.

Here it actually does !

@lts: Hey, the inverse version is BETTER than the original ! :D

Though the way Angus is just standing there, you'd think he's never touched a boob before. 
I think its because Faye has such a great rack.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2010, 00:15 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

westrim

« Reply #174 on: 15 Oct 2010, 00:20 »

It's weird how she took out her phone and I instantly recognized that she was checking time, not making a call. What an interesting world we live in.

squishything

• Plantmonster
  • Buh
« Reply #175 on: 15 Oct 2010, 00:36 »

Wow, that was oddly... hot. the inverted version even more so. Groping while making out is all good, but by making it into just-groping, it seems even hotter. Must convince the SO to let me do this...

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #176 on: 15 Oct 2010, 00:54 »

It's weird how she took out her phone and I instantly recognized that she was checking time, not making a call. What an interesting world we live in.
'
This has me wondering... if you'd show a movie to a group of teens in which someone looks at his left wrist and then says "God, it's 9:30 already! we gotta go..." or something of that ilk, how many of the teens would think "why the bleep is he looking at his left wrist, and how does he suddenly realize it's 9:30??!?"

:D

keeperoflore

• Plantmonster
« Reply #177 on: 15 Oct 2010, 01:05 »

looking at the time isnt the first thing i would think of if i saw someone look at their wrist, mostly because i use a pocketwatch instead of a wristwatch

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #178 on: 15 Oct 2010, 01:40 »

as do i. every time i have ever had a wrist watch i'v ended up carrying it in my pocket most of the time, so it just made sense.

though incidentally, when i did wear one, it was always on my right wrist. which i attribute to being right handed. however all ya'll specifying the left is making me wonder if that was unusual.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #179 on: 15 Oct 2010, 01:45 »

I've been the only one mentioning the left wrist up to now. But yes, it is usual to wear your watch on the left wrist. The only two people I know who wear it on the right wrist are lefties...

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #180 on: 15 Oct 2010, 02:55 »

And yes, what happened here is still MUCH less awkward than what would have happened if She had told him what she told Marten.

Um, what did she tell Marten?

And I wear my watch on my right wrist, but that's because I fence(d) left handed.  You don't really want a watch out there where a sword can catch on it.  I also wear my watch in that odd girly inside-of-the-wrist position for double the out-of-the-ordinary fun.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #181 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:01 »

Um, what did she tell Marten?
I think akronnick is referring to Boxergate

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #182 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:17 »

Yes, "A funny thing happened to me after our date—I had a panic attack over it" is probably not a relationship builder. Unless, of course, the second party has a peculiar sort of ego.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #183 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:35 »

Mmm.  I don't know.  Given where things were going in panel 4 or 5 of #1774, it might have turned out ok.  Well, maybe if Faye was feeling a bit more confident and proactive.  It would have been Angus going, "Wow, ok, I'll give you a bit more space and time" and then Faye going "shut up and kiss me" or something like that.  Then again, since her whole conversation with Marten was about being scared about screwing it up... I dunno.  I guess the question is if she's been scared out of being aggressive... although the whole "letting you touch my boobs if you'll shut up" would seem to imply a certain aggressiveness in and of itself.  I'm not nearly as good at analyzing people as you guys are.  I'm more of an "understanding where you're coming from" person myself.

Somebody

• Curry sauce
« Reply #184 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:40 »

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOBOOBS!

akronnick

« Reply #185 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:52 »

I think akronnick is referring to Boxergate

You are correct, sir.

Nontoxic

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #186 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:18 »

I've been the only one mentioning the left wrist up to now. But yes, it is usual to wear your watch on the left wrist. The only two people I know who wear it on the right wrist are lefties...

Not sure how I know this, but the reason to wear your watch on your non-dominant wrist is so you can write and look at your watch at the same time.

I lost my left-wrist reflex when I started working at my first job. I was always catching my watch on things and trying to tear my hand off, so I started with the cellphone trick.

Regarding the comic: Does Faye look bored after about panel 2?

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #187 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:25 »

Not sure how I know this, but the reason to wear your watch on your non-dominant wrist is so you can write and look at your watch at the same time.
I think the idea is, you do so many more things with your dominant hand, chances are that, if you wear your watch on that hand, you'd catch things with your watch a lot several lots** more than when you wear it on your non-dominant* hand

*) I don't think I'd get away with calling that 'your submissive hand', but as a stoopit forrinner, I couldn't come up with anything better than non-dominant.
**) Sorry, Raoul.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2010, 05:31 by peterh »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #188 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:34 »

Regarding the comic: Does Faye look bored after about panel 2?
Well ... she loses the red in her face.

So she's no longer super embarrassed.
Carpe Diem

Nontoxic

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #189 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:34 »

It was mostly from carrying things, which I use both hands for. I'm sure if it were on my right wrist (which is a concept that is utterly unnatural), I would no longer have my right (write?) hand.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #190 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:38 »

looking at the time isnt the first thing i would think of if i saw someone look at their wrist, mostly because i use a pocketwatch instead of a wristwatch

Are you secretly Wil? If not, are you employed at The Horrible Revelation? If not, you should be!

I have a pocket watch too. It's just that I don't have the proper attire to wear it with.

My wife says I collect watches. She''s probably right. I say she collects shoes.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #191 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:40 »

right (write?) hand.

Haha. "Amirite?" "Yes, you're write."
Welcome to the Land where left is right, and right is wrong.
(with apologies to Kaz Lux)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #192 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:13 »

Wow, that was oddly... hot. the inverted version even more so. Groping while making out is all good, but by making it into just-groping, it seems even hotter. Must convince the SO to let me do this...

...You mean you guys don't do this all the time?

"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #193 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:16 »

What will push Dora over the edge?

Hannelore going out on a "real date" with Sven.    - 12 (18.8%)
Sven making out with Marigold.    - 9 (14.1%)
Cosette burning down CoD.    - 11 (17.2%)
Marten squeezing Sven's butt.    - 18 (28.1%)
Faye and Angus making out on the counter.    - 4 (6.3%)
Penelope discovering she really IS Pizza Girl.    - 1 (1.6%)
Getting into an Elationship with Tai.    - 4 (6.3%)
Jimbo throwing up on the counter.    - 0 (0%)
Waffle House.    - 5 (7.8%)

Total Voters: 64
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

zadojla

• Emoticontraindication
  • Yes, it's a wombat.
« Reply #194 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:39 »

And I wear my watch on my right wrist, but that's because I fence(d) left handed.  You don't really want a watch out there where a sword can catch on it.  I also wear my watch in that odd girly inside-of-the-wrist position for double the out-of-the-ordinary fun.

Unless you fence sabre, wouldn't your watch be safer under the cuff of your glove?

Left wrist for me, except for several years when I wore a watch that hung from my belt.  It was "upside down" so if you were sitting all you had to do was glance down to see the time, no hands involved.  When I was a kid, all New York City bus drivers had watches like that.  Alas, I am now too corpulent.

And, for you less-young folks, have you ever encountered young people who cannot read an analog clock face?  Or are flummoxed when you give them the time as "a quarter to..."?
How do I get one of those brooms?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #195 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:47 »

I am surprised I seem to be the only one so far who thinks the actual boob touching was much funnier than the proclamation of her before that she would allow him doing it (at which time I tought it was only a figure of speech) or her complaint she would soon need to return to work (which, to me, was just an added joke to round up the strip) ...
Carpe Diem

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #196 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:49 »

I am not.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #197 on: 15 Oct 2010, 08:49 »

as i understand it, infantry soldiers wear it like that to avoid night flashes off the reflective surface of the face.

also, one would think that it would be a good idea to take the watch off entirely for fencing.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #198 on: 15 Oct 2010, 08:54 »

My son takes his off for playing the piano.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #199 on: 15 Oct 2010, 09:00 »

I no longer wear a watch, depending on my cell phone and the ubiquity of clocks for timekeeping purposes, but when I did wear one, I wore it with the dial on the inside of my wrist.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up