Yes.
- 15 (5%)
No, it's not the same.
- 14 (4.7%)
No, it's even worse.
- 25 (8.4%)
No, it means Dora's history.
- 30 (10.1%)
No, because it's going to end different.
- 19 (6.4%)
No, because there's emergency bourbon.
- 17 (5.7%)
UBMEOD!
- 34 (11.4%)
Oh heck, who am I kidding?
- 4 (1.3%)
(sniff) No, I've just got (sniff) allergies...
- 31 (10.4%)
This thread is gonna hit 40 pages by tomorrow, isn't it?
- 109 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 237

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 15-19 November 2010 (1796-1800)  (Read 443779 times)

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
Re: WCDT 15-19 November 2010 (1796-1800)
« Reply #1700 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:16 »

I really think the "chicken's" way out was ultimately the best way out. If they'd stayed together things would have just gotten worse. At least that's what I think.

eyosgkxb

• Don't NOT look into it's eyes!
« Reply #1701 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:17 »

You keep applying logic to someone who claims to illogical, self claim by the way. Either you want to believe that she isn't or just can't notice.

"I am so in love with you Marten, I'm just incapable of knowing I refuse to be jealous of a fat girl. Ill just shut up about it until I break up with you over it."

I woldnt be surprised if she tells him its her fault, and then blames him and others later. You all do know she moved in just to keep an eye on them right.
...aaaaaaand this is the part where I just stop talking to you.  Hopefully others will too, though I'm sure you'll find someone gullible enough to respond anyway.  Apologies for thinking you might have been less than a troll for a moment there, no hard feelings!

The best part is you didn't even attempt to argue a perfectly valid point.

a herp derp derrr, a derp a hurk burf

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #1702 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:21 »

I really think the "chicken's" way out was ultimately the best way out. If they'd stayed together things would have just gotten worse. At least that's what I think.

Oh don't mistake me, I wholeheartedly support the chicken's way out.  If these were medieval times my insignia would be a cringing chicken on a field of yellow.  My battlecry would be "Hey what's that behind you".  My horse would actually be two guys in a horse costume that looked just like me so I could use them as distractions while I escaped on foot.  BASICALLY I AM NOT THE BRAVEST OF MEN.

But the chicken's way out might be the easiest and least painful route right now.  It still sucks a whole hell of a lot in the long run, and judging by Marten's face it hasn't made him feel a whole hell of a lot better.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Ravynn

« Reply #1703 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:25 »

Long time reader, occasional lurker, first time poster here.

Rather than speculate on what I think is going to happen, or what I think should happen, or what they are doing, or what they aren't doing...I'd rather just say this.

Kudos Jeph, for making such achingly REAL characters.

Yellowstone

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1704 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:25 »

I could also see Dora moving in with Hannelore; Hanners has been working on being less OCD, and I recall a comic where she told Dora that she was jealous of her for having a roommate.

I really rather hope that doesn't happen.  Marten's going to need someone in his circle of friends to lean on while the emotional Dora-wound heals over.  Steve's fine to get drunk with, but doesn't have much in the way of emotional depth or understanding.  Faye's got her thing with Angus starting, and Marten's smart enough to know that forcing Faye to split her attentions would jeopardize that relationship, perhaps the most important one with regards to Faye's recovery process.  I wouldn't trust Marigold not to be all "OMG single dude!" and throw herself at him, and even if she did restrain herself, she's so inexperienced with relationships (romantic or platonic) as to be essentially useless.

Which of course leaves Hannelore - not working on a relationship of her own, experienced enough at being a friend to give Marten the moral support he needs, and highly unlikely to try to take advantage of Marten's emotionally vulnerable state.  Move Dora in with Hannelore, though, and my carefully thought-out plan (which I'm sure Jeph will completely contradict in the weeks ahead!) doesn't work.

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1705 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:27 »

I could also see Dora moving in with Hannelore; Hanners has been working on being less OCD, and I recall a comic where she told Dora that she was jealous of her for having a roommate.

I really rather hope that doesn't happen.  Marten's going to need someone in his circle of friends to lean on while the emotional Dora-wound heals over.  Steve's fine to get drunk with, but doesn't have much in the way of emotional depth or understanding.  Faye's got her thing with Angus starting, and Marten's smart enough to know that forcing Faye to split her attentions would jeopardize that relationship, perhaps the most important one with regards to Faye's recovery process.  I wouldn't trust Marigold not to be all "OMG single dude!" and throw herself at him, and even if she did restrain herself, she's so inexperienced with relationships (romantic or platonic) as to be essentially useless.

Which of course leaves Hannelore - not working on a relationship of her own, experienced enough at being a friend to give Marten the moral support he needs, and highly unlikely to try to take advantage of Marten's emotionally vulnerable state.  Move Dora in with Hannelore, though, and my carefully thought-out plan (which I'm sure Jeph will completely contradict in the weeks ahead!) doesn't work.

There's always Tai, she doesn't appear too picky when she's drunk. I mean, she wanted to hook up with Marigold and we can't even predict days when she has showered or not.

ChibiSoma

• Plantmonster
    • Ramblings of a Madman
« Reply #1706 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:33 »

Tai comes in to CoD the following day, says Marty never showed up, gets the lowdown, then orders Dora to come out drinking with her. Tai acts as makeshift shrink and generally helps Dora out, managing to cast her own feelings aside. Because again, Tai's not like Dora and doesn't enjoy spreading misery like the plague!

Or wait. Make it happen TWO days after. Is that approaching irony of some sort? I drink your milkshake territory?
Machiavelli once said, 'Let them hate, so long as they fear.'

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #1707 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:36 »

Well, looks like Dora's free for Tai, and Marten's free for ... dunno ... now.

There's always Tai, she doesn't appear too picky when she's drunk. I mean, she wanted to hook up with Marigold and we can't even predict days when she has showered or not.
Err.

You are kidding, right ?

Tai was hot for Marigold from minute one on.
Carpe Diem

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1708 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:38 »

Tai comes in to CoD the following day, says Marty never showed up, gets the lowdown, then orders Dora to come out drinking with her. Tai acts as makeshift shrink and generally helps Dora out of her pants.

Well, looks like Dora's free for Tai, and Marten's free for ... dunno ... now.

Err.

You are kidding, right ?

When she was drunk, it was just a drunk thing. She was overwhelmed by meeting one of her mouth breathing fanfiction fans in real life and I guess having been in the girl's lap half naked already was a plus.

TheFalcon

« Reply #1709 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:42 »

Wow. Ive been a lurker for a while now, I only recently started reading QC (2 weeks ago)

In the short time that *I* read it from 1 to now. I havn't really been a big fan of the Marty / Dora relationship. I mean, yes, they were happy for most of it, but damn, Dora has some issues, probably more so than Faye.
Faye's problem is that she fears that she will be abandoned, simple as that, Even dating somebody else, Marty never abandoned her.

But Dora's problem, is just out right dumb fuckery, this dude has been faithful to her the entire time, and she's just poking holes where they dont exist.

For once, maybe we'll see Faye and Marten get closer. (for once)
and maybe, just maybe, Dora will realize that she's got issues, and see a therapist herself.

but wth do my opinions matter, i just like reading this comic.

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1710 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:44 »

But Dora's problem, is just out right dumb fuckery, this dude has been faithful to her the entire time, and she's just poking holes where they dont exist.

Shh, don't have an opinion around here. They'll call you a troll if its not one they agree with.

They only come out at night.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2010, 23:45 by eyosgkxb »

Superkid11

• New teeth!
« Reply #1711 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:46 »

Odd thing I should note, I have, for some reason, had the Song of Healing stuck in my head ever since 1799.

If only it could heal relationships. Then again even if it could it'd probably turn them into masks. That would kind of suck.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1712 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:48 »

Shh, don't have an opinion around here. They'll call you a troll if its not one they agree with.

Are you referring to yourself?

Because, trust me, it's not your 'opinion' that's getting you called a troll.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1713 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:50 »

Are you referring to yourself?

Hit me with your best shot, but make it a pm. I don't want the thread to get sidetracked.

Arky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1714 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:53 »

OK, so nothing really new; just closure (pun intended) to the week.  People trying to work up anger or disappointment for Marten saying basically what DORA said about the reasons for the break up, and in circumstances where dude could be excused for venting some serious expletives?  Come on.  Or who think Marten should have somehow been able to overcome Dora and force her to stay with him, resolving her issues in a minute when over a year of faithful dating hasn't done the trick... yeah, sure.  That would have been horrible storytelling.  Life isn't so simple.

Even if it isn't exactly Marty's style, I imagine The Beatles' "Let It Be" over this strip as it fades to black.  If QC becomes a television series, they should splash for it over the credits, it'd be such a huge TV moment  :angel:

Kudos to Jeph for manage to find humor even here, even if it involved the newspost, rampant capitalism and yelling bird :)

Hard to see Dora leaving CoD for any length of time but I can totally see Marty going home or road-tripping or both for a bit.  Dora won't move in with Hanners, Hanners is absolutely Marten's friend more than Dora's when push comes to shove (so is Faye, really, but Faye will stick it out to try and work Dora through it; out of misplaced guilt if nothing else).  If Dora moved out she would stay with Sven while looking for her own place.  And I still want to see the Sven-Dora confrontation in which Dora finally works out her inner rage against her sibling.  Dora can't move on until it happens (not until New Year I guess, we need some shiny happy funny for a while, and that will be another drama llama week).

Tergon

« Reply #1715 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:55 »

In the short time that *I* read it from 1 to now. I havn't really been a big fan of the Marty / Dora relationship. I mean, yes, they were happy for most of it, but damn, Dora has some issues, probably more so than Faye.
Faye's problem is that she fears that she will be abandoned, simple as that, Even dating somebody else, Marty never abandoned her.

Not quite how I'd phrase it - I think maybe it's because I like Dora's character more than you seem to - but yeah, that's basically the idea.  It's why I don't get a lot of the Dora hate going on.  Others have noted that Faye gets away with a lot of bitchiness because of her issues, but not Dora?  Don't get me wrong, she's horrid when she gets her blood up, but she has her problems.  Maybe she deserves what Faye has jokingly said she needs for herself:  A good kick in the ass and someone telling her to get the fuck over it.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1716 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:55 »

I don't want the thread to get sidetracked.

And I don't believe that.

Anyways, doctor Corrine will probably be shrinking Dora by proxy over the next few weeks, because her problems are going to spill out into Faye and Hanners' sessions, guaranteed. So while Dora won't be getting what she actually needs- a therapist who can tell her what to DO about her issues- she'll at least have friends that are getting good advice on how to help her.

Actually, do you guys think that they'd tell Dr. Corrine that Marten is the problem here? I don't see it, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. It might alter the tone of his friendship with them depending on the result.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #1717 on: 18 Nov 2010, 23:56 »

You are kidding, right ?

Who wouldn't be?

Marigold is incredible!

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1718 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:03 »

You are kidding, right ?

Who wouldn't be?

Marigold is incredible!

What exactly is incredible about her?  :?

Arky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1719 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:05 »

Also, for those who think this week in QC has been heavy, out-of-the-ordinary drama clearly do not read Penny & Aggie, in which this week's Friday cliffhanger is one schoolgirl going batshit insane and HOLDING A KNIFE to another schoolgirl after a couple of weeks of strips of threats and ranting.  If y'all read Penny & Aggie the "Charlotte is crazy!/Cyndi deserves it, the bitch!" argument would have reached 70 pages by now I reckon :)

It's been a bit of a dramatic week in webcomics I read generally (Annie cheating in Gunnerkrigg Court and Renard bringing up her father, Jamie/Hazel homophobia thing in GWS, a big Wham moment in OOTS, Cole going to Max Powers FOR HELP in PvP... of all the strips to go with the light and funny, though, SOMETHING POSITIVE?  'Tis true!)

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #1720 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:05 »

You mean besides the fact that she's incredibly smart, caring, can patch up a pintsize in no time flat, is really creative, and gorgeous?

I mean, sure, she's a little shy. But lots of people are- that's no reason to not like her.

Marigold's my fav. QC Character.

GrievousBodyguard

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1721 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:06 »

@eyosgkxb: She's a girl, on the internet! Such a rare occurrence must mean an attractive person indeed.

I hadn't even considered that this would spill over into various characters' therapy sessions.

Maybe next week starts off with a few of those first?

Then it culminates on Friday into a "Pintsize doing crazy stuff" comic!

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1722 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:07 »

You mean besides the fact that she's incredibly smart, caring, can patch up a pintsize in no time flat, is really creative, and gorgeous?

I mean, sure, she's a little shy. But lots of people are- that's no reason to not like her.

Fat, introverted, bad hygiene, and anti-social, but I guess being a girl on the internet makes up for all those things.

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #1723 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:09 »

@eyosgkxb: She's a girl, on the internet! Such a rare occurrence must mean an attractive person indeed.

That would probably equal the plainly stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Ever.

And I've seen a LOT of posts here.

In fact your post is not only completely off base and incredibly assumptive, but also has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.

Are you twelve?

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1724 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:12 »

That would probably equal the plainly stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Ever.

And I've seen a LOT of posts here.

In fact your post is not only completely off base and incredibly assumptive, but also has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.

Are you twelve?

Me or the other guy? You quoted the other guy.

Superkid11

• New teeth!
« Reply #1725 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:12 »

Average I was going to tell you to chill out but then again telling anyone to chill out in this thread is probably the most hopeless thing somebody can do.

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #1726 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:18 »

Eh, it's not worth arguing about.

Some people like different kinds of girls.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2010, 00:23 by AnAverageWriter »

Arky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1727 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:20 »

Ooh, after catching up on the thread (and ignoring people bickering about whether or not they are trolls- what on Earth is the point?  Ignore stuff if you think it is a troll, whether you're right or wrong.  Seriously.  The UBMEOD people seem to be at least as bad as everyone else for this.  Remember your calling, guys, and mount your turkeys proudly!  NOT LIKE THAT!)

Ahem.

Theory, part-stolen from other people in the thread whose posts I have lost:

Marten will soon (not immediately, but after sufficient time to mope and speak to parents and move on) run into old flame Vicky, and despite her milking at the hands of Faye they will start to remember old times, and she will seem to be more mature now and have got over her past problems- I wonder if Marten might find that attractive!- and they will meet for dinner.

Cue Angus & Faye.  Remember Angus' mention of a psycho ex we never saw we for whom Angus had the "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" party, and who hated Coffee of Doom after having a snail put in her coffee (a snail which Faye said wasn't her)?  It will have been Vicky (Dora, risking a health violation at CoD to snail someone's coffee?  We should have realised long ago that it could only have been an ex of Marten's!  There's no way anyone else at CoD would put a snail in coffee).  Angus & Faye will be torn between being supportive and wanting to say NO BAD IDEA AIEEEEEEEE.  Should make for some funny anecdotes from Angus too.

Seeing Marten apparently happy with another non-Faye girl will finally inspire Dora to get herself together and fight to win him back, culminating in some big scene at Henry's wedding.  There, tied it all together.

Oh, nearly.  And to fit the original foreshadowing of Marten and Dora's relationship, Dora will have to go off with a guy with a Harley at some point.  Maybe it can be Marten after Henry's wedding.  Whoo!

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1728 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:23 »

You do realize that's her character right? I don't know about you but spending hours at a time glued to a computer screen when you could be hanging out with friends sounds pretty anti-social. I'd take that up with Jeph though, I didn't write her character I'm just analyzing it.

She'd probably be a much more lovely person if she just cared about herself more instead of allowing herself to fall apart at the hinges.

GrievousBodyguard

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1729 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:27 »

Marigold has her good points, but the problem with her is that (to me, at least), she seemed almost forced as a character. She's been developed since then, so I suppose it isn't really too much of an issue now, but in the beginning it really felt like she WAS the "girl on teh internetz". I personally agree that her being antisocial really gets in the way of her being likable as a character. As for her being kind, well, I'm not really sure there are too many characters in the comic that aren't shown to be kindhearted at least some of the time. Even Sven has his moments.

Personally to me Marigold seems to have a lot less depth to her than the other characters. Then again, she's been in the comic a lot less than the rest, so that could change.

I'm really not sure how this whole Marten/Dora situation will affect her, but considering how much (or little, I suppose) she's talked with each of them I don't think she'll be that affected.

And, I'm sorry if I offended you with my tired internet memes, but there's a certain amount to expect from people who come from nearly any other corner of the internet. You just sort of get used to it over time (in other places) and sometimes getting used to it boils over into repetition.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1730 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:29 »

Wow, 35 pages and we still have the weekend to go.

The only point I have to make is that if overall, QC is really the story of Marten and Faye, then the timing makes sense. Faye has just gotten to the point where she can't just bail on Angus, so of course, Marty is now available.

Also, images aren't allowed in sigs.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1731 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:32 »

Lydia is assertive enough for Marten and has a major interest, music, in common with him.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #1732 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:33 »

I can't recall feeling so much empathy for a fictional character. I want nothing more than to comfort Marten right now. I hope that doesn't sound creepy.

Brilliant work this week, Jeph, though it did feel just a teensy bit rushed. Then again dragging this shit out would be way painful, for the readers and the characters both.

Can't wait to see everyone's (in the comic) reactions next week. Gonna be pretty interesting.

:psyduck:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1733 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:38 »

Fat, introverted, bad hygiene, and anti-social, but I guess being a girl on the internet makes up for all those things.

Anyone think I'd get banned if I used my magical chubby chaser powers and showed this guy a picture of what fat actually looked like?

GlassHousesInc

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1734 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:46 »

I can't recall feeling so much empathy for a fictional character. I want nothing more than to comfort Marten right now. I hope that doesn't sound creepy.

Brilliant work this week, Jeph, though it did feel just a teensy bit rushed. Then again dragging this shit out would be way painful, for the readers and the characters both.

Can't wait to see everyone's (in the comic) reactions next week. Gonna be pretty interesting.

Comfort him and maybe give him a very weak kick in the pants once he's out of the the soul-crushing-grief stage.

I'm guessing Dora will stay over at Sven's place for at least a few nights seeing as how it's no longer a high-traffic zone and maybe we'll get some comic relief via Tai.

Yellowstone

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1735 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:46 »

:psyduck:

Well, we've already got a bit of Hanners':

http://twitter.com/hanneloreEC

eyosgkxb

« Reply #1736 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:51 »

Anyone think I'd get banned if I used my magical chubby chaser powers and showed this guy a picture of what fat actually looked like?

If its NSFW just send it pm. I'll look.  :wink:

Tergon

« Reply #1737 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:52 »

It'll be interesting to see who picks what side.  I mean, yes, obviously it's kind of harsh if people do pick sides and in a perfect world they wouldn't, but... well, come on.  If two of your friends break up, and it's anything other than a sweet, friendly, truly mutual choice in which they remain great friends, there's going to be some division in the social group.  It just happens, tragically.  Even if it's a choice of who you spend more time with post-breakup because you can't hang out with both at once, you still have to choose.

Unfortunately for Dora, I think it's Typhoid Marten and his virus of friendliness that'll pull in most if not all of their social circle.  More's the pity.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but... well.  It could.

Irenfrea

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #1738 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:53 »

Long time reader, occasional lurker, first time poster here.

Rather than speculate on what I think is going to happen, or what I think should happen, or what they are doing, or what they aren't doing...I'd rather just say this.

Kudos Jeph, for making such achingly REAL characters.

So true. You have beaten a 35-pages long thread.

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1739 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:56 »

Fat:

Not Fat:

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!
« Reply #1740 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:58 »

Ooh, after catching up on the thread (and ignoring people bickering about whether or not they are trolls- what on Earth is the point?  Ignore stuff if you think it is a troll, whether you're right or wrong.  Seriously.  The UBMEOD people seem to be at least as bad as everyone else for this.  Remember your calling, guys, and mount your turkeys proudly!  NOT LIKE THAT!)

Yeah, the main reason I'm not joining the dick-broom brigade is that (without wanting to use any names) a lot of self-described members of said brigade are being just as insulting as the people they're condemning as being too insulting.   :|  (Watch someone accuse me of being insulting in that statement)   :-P  This has been a weird sort of thread where tempers and emotions have been running so high that we seem to have reached the point that a majority of posts include posters insulting other posters.

Can't we all just...  get along?...  :)

(And just because I haven't used it so far)  :psyduck:  PSYDUCK!

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1741 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:59 »

I feel sympathy for Marten and this is likely to have a rather severe level of ripple within the group. I am quite impressed so far and feel a great deal of sympathy for Marten.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

GrievousBodyguard

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1742 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:00 »

Tergon: I agree that, if it comes to side-picking, Marten will probably come out of the whole deal feeling a bit better than Dora. The comic tries to drive home, on occasion, the point that Faye is rough with her friends, but Dora is pretty harsh sometimes, as well. She doesn't do it out of spite, usually, but it seems to me that she truly enjoys trying to push the other characters out of their comfort zones. Even if she has good intentions, the other characters are still more likely to see her in a negative light compared to Marten, who almost never has a bad thing to say about anybody and is generally nice to nearly everyone in the comic's universe.

This would be especially true in the case of characters like Marigold, who have not really had as much contact with Dora as they have with Marten. Usually people take the side of someone they feel they know better over someone they know less.

Someone pointed out earlier that the fight would probably be discussed in Faye's and Hannelore's sessions with the therapist (forgive me but I have forgotten her name). I'm interested to see if she would have anything to say about all this.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #1743 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:01 »

Comfort him and maybe give him a very weak kick in the pants once he's out of the the soul-crushing-grief stage.

Why the kick? Because he didn't sack up and stick up for himself? I admit I was a little disappointed but this is Marten we're talking about; he's way too reasonable not to know that there's be no point to that; Dora's made up her mind.

And although he might have been just saying it to save face in front of Faye, maybe he's way more sick of Dora's crap than we think.

Bed now. Will read the 10 new pages of posts tomorrow. Preferably while drunk.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #1744 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:03 »

Trust me, there ARE people that call others troll - for having a different opinion.

Dunno if in this thread or forum, though. I havent read the full thread, after all.

But it definitely happends.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #1745 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:05 »

You are kidding, right ?

Who wouldn't be?

Marigold is incredible!

Breasts.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #1746 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:07 »

I guess there is the issue of social skills or their lack.

Nothing Tai would care too much about, though.
Carpe Diem

Tergon

« Reply #1747 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:09 »

*raises hand sheepishly*

Yeah, I kind of deserve a kick in the ass for counter-trolling.  I could argue that I'm at least doing it because I want people to be nice to each other, but I'm probably one of the most vitriolic when I get annoyed at trolls.  Certainly I'm the worst at posting big, ranty, walls of text.  Sorry if I gave folks the wrong impression with that sort of thing.  I'm usually quite nice, honest!  I... I just don't like it when the forum dissolves into piss-fights and flamewars, and I get a little too carried away with my own (percieved) cleverness.

So a sincere apology to anyone I caused to shake their heads a little.  If it helps, just think of all my rants being said in my hilarious Australian accent, and they'll seem less horrible!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #1748 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:09 »

None of the QC girls is "fat".

Introverted is nothing I personally hold against any woman.

Bad hygiene ? Dont think so. She got her rooms cleaned, I imagine she automatically cleans herself too now. At least thats why I hear from people who did clean their rooms.
Carpe Diem

GlassHousesInc

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1749 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:13 »

Why the kick? Because he didn't sack up and stick up for himself? I admit I was a little disappointed but this is Marten we're talking about; he's way too reasonable not to know that there's be no point to that; Dora's made up her mind.

And although he might have been just saying it to save face in front of Faye, maybe he's way more sick of Dora's crap than we think.

Bed now. Will read the 10 new pages of posts tomorrow. Preferably while drunk.

Nah, I actually wish he'd have really pushed her towards dealing with her issues instead of tiptoeing around them, trying to avoid her triggers if applicable or just dealing with the fallout.

Bed is a good idea right about now. Don't let this thread drive you towards alcohol poisoning tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2010, 01:18 by GlassHousesInc »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up