THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I haven't showered in like 6 days  (Read 34137 times)

schimmy

• The Tickler
Re: I haven't showered in like 6 days
« Reply #100 on: 22 Nov 2010, 18:51 »

Maybe it's cause perfume, with some exceptions, smells really bad to me, like weird chemicals. Some I do like though. But most I hate.

This. My whole life I've feigned liking perfumes whenever a female friend or relative has asked me for my opinion on one. They all just smell alcohol-y to me. I wonder if it's the same thing as when you first try wine and it all tastes yucky?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #101 on: 22 Nov 2010, 19:13 »

Maybe it's cause perfume, with some exceptions, smells really bad to me, like weird chemicals. Some I do like though. But most I hate.

I feel the same but just aftershave smells offensive.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
    • Crochet Blog "One Happy Hooker"
« Reply #102 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:11 »

Three cheers for being a "dirty hippie"! ... I identify with the hippie part, but not insomuch as the dirty. Though I shower every other day, I still do the whole washing of the private parts to prevent female issues and smells. My hair and skin have opposite reactions ... Showering daily dries my skin out to the point of cracking within a week; the pH balance in my hair gets wacky and dries, so to fight the drying, it gets oily.

I also have very short hair, so not washing it for 3 days is actually ok, with vinegar/water rinses and NOT sweating every day since it's NOT over 100 degrees anymore.

As for the whole perfumes-thing ... Most perfumes REALLY aggravate my allergies, but try colognes geared toward women, and if you like one that doesn't clog you up, just water it down. But one thing that works for me is the body sprays, or even the "linen sprays" they have at the dollar stores. Cheaper and they aren't as irritating to my allergies, plus they still smell really nice!
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #103 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:15 »

Oh hey ladies, how about shaving? As meticulous as I am abut bathing, I only shave once a week. I have really dark hair and it grows really fast but I just can't be bothered doing it more than that. Also if I use a safety razor I get heck of rashes, but I bought an electric razor two weeks ago and my rashes seem to be clearing up! Yay!

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #104 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:37 »

my legs are hairy enough that if i want them to be stubble-free i typically have to shave every day but lucky me, i never wear anything that shows my legs and i absolutely never get laid so i pretty much never have to shave my legs. i do it maybe three or four times a year. i would like to actually try wearing dresses and shorts and stuff this summer though now that i am in shape and don't completely despise my body so if i have the money to afford some fancy new clothes maybe i'll find it somewhere in me to stop being such a filthy hairy disgrace. we'll see.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #105 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:45 »

Yeah I wore jeans basically every single day for the past five years or so, and saying to hell with shaving, but this year I have been branching out on weekends and wearing skirts, which involve shaved legs. TODAY, however, I am feeling very proud for wearing a skirt to work for the very first time! I have not shaved my legs in 4 days. It's cool. They're prickly as fuck but nobody's touching them at work and my boyfriend doesn't care.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #106 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:04 »

i basically wear jeans every day and do the same now, i think i've always been kind of insecure about my weird freakish disproportionately giant muscle legs (they are ALWAYS like that i have no idea what the deal is) which is why i have avoided ever wearing anything but jeans for so long. lately though i have been doing really well with exercising and eating well and i think the feel-good chemicals from all this health are finally making their way into my brain because even though my legs are still just as weird and freaky and massive as ever, i am finding myself thinking less "oh geez oh man i need to make sure nobody sees my legs" and more like "hey man i am awesome and really pretty and i want to wear things that make me feel pretty, damnit". chances are by the time summer arrives and i have to actually get out and try on those things i will return back to my lame insecure self but on the other hand, maybe i'll finally get over it! then i could be a real adult and stuff. that would be cool.

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #107 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:21 »

Ever since my surgery ive been forced to take baths and soak the area. This lead me to an epiphany. Baths are friggin awesome!! I seriously think the last time i took one was when i was kid and i had completely forgotten how amazing they are. Best part is I now have the barracks to myself so the bathroom is all mine which means no worries about finding the errant hair from my dirt bag ex roommates. Life is good  :-D
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #108 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:30 »

I love baths as well, but I don't have a tub big enough for me to take a bath in, I always end up either halfway out of the water, or with my knees out of the water, and fuck that.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #109 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:36 »

Tania that is exactly how I felt about my legs! They still look weird and freakish and my knees are so strange and I have stupid muscle definition in my calves and cellulite in my thighs and little red spots and veins everywhere and they're so pale they're purple but I want to wear skirts more, damn it, because they're quite refreshing in the springtime.

Also wearing jeans all of the time was giving me hella yeast infections. [/tmi]

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #110 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:38 »

Baths are wonderful. But, I kind of despise the idea of sitting in my own filth ... Because, if we look at it from a logical standpoint, we're merely sloughing the dirt off our bodies and INTO THE WATER WE'VE SUBMERGED OURSELVES IN. Blech. I do, however, take a nice relaxing bubble bath from time to time .. Promptly followed by a nice shower to make all the yickies go down the drain and OFF my body!

As for the shaving, I shave my pits with every shower, and my legs once a week. Though I'm a brunette, my leg hairs have begun to grown in lighter and thinner (thank-you pregnancy hormones!). 'Course, this change only occurred AFTER my daughter was born!
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #111 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:48 »

Man I don't quite get the deal behind shaving your legs.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #112 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:48 »

HAIR PRIDE

Mein Tumblr

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #113 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:54 »

Man I don't quite get the deal behind shaving your legs.

Yannow ... Now that you mention it, I did always wonder why the hell we shave our legs anyway. Most of my boyfriends always commented on the pointlessness (is that even a real word?) of shaving legs, and said they kinda liked it. But I never met a guy or gal who wanted a hairy pit. That's just stanky. Anyway, we should add the odd poll to get the legs-shaving take!

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #114 on: 23 Nov 2010, 00:08 »

When I was eleven and in sixth grade, these two seventh-grade girls who stood behind me in the PE warmup lines spent one whole period talking about liking smooth-shaven legs and how they wished boys shaved.  I stood tiny, shivering, and embarrassed in my gym shorts, sure that they were staring at and judging my scrawny, hairy legs (and maybe they were, because middle school girls are assholes).

I went home that day and asked my mom if I could start shaving my legs.  Every time my legs start to get stubbly, I feel the red flush of shame bloom on my cheeks.  I remember my cotton gym shorts.  I remember the giggling girls behind me.  So I pick up the razor again.

Socialization.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #115 on: 23 Nov 2010, 01:10 »

Honestly, as a guy I would get rid of my hair if there was a way that was either quick or longer term. I'm tall, and my razors like to gum up on my beard hair, so it would take forever to shave my legs, and it would itch like hell when it started to grow back in. I just find the hair kind of gross, and it can cause itching when I get sweaty.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #116 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:11 »

Smelling like humans has never been the most attractive feature of humanity. Especially as "humans" have frequently not bathed and washed for hundreds of years. The smell must have been horrific no matter how good a diet they had.

And I didn't use that much stuff whilst I was at uni, most of my shower gel was cheap or (if going out and wanting to smell extra good) stuff I got for Christmas or birthday, I made a bottle of that last until the following year pretty much. Maybe its because I have lived only at home or in a uni flat, but I've never thought that "lets go without showers" is a good idea, I'd sooner go without apple juice and drink water for a few months instead. And I'm sorry to say dude, but what the fuck can you be spending money on to not have enough to pull the chain? I mean you are presumably renting a place so you have a job, so you must have some money at the very least.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Ptommydski

« Reply #117 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:37 »

Get in the fucking shower you bunch of filthy fucking hippies.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #118 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:58 »

Honestly, as a guy I would get rid of my hair if there was a way that was either quick or longer term. I'm tall, and my razors like to gum up on my beard hair, so it would take forever to shave my legs, and it would itch like hell when it started to grow back in. I just find the hair kind of gross, and it can cause itching when I get sweaty.

You can get it lasered off. A friend of mine is going to have his face lasered because he hates shaving. He is the type of fellow who waxes his chest though so...

I'm considering getting my back waxed. And now that I have started my sleeves I'm told I should get my arms waxed as well? I dunno.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #119 on: 23 Nov 2010, 05:36 »

Save even more money on flushes by only pooing at work!

I hate pooing at work. I only do it if I really really have to.

i pretty much never have to shave my legs. i do it maybe three or four times a year.

This is the opposite of surprising.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 05:39 by jhocking »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #120 on: 23 Nov 2010, 06:22 »

Yannow ... Now that you mention it, I did always wonder why the hell we shave our legs anyway. Most of my boyfriends always commented on the pointlessness (is that even a real word?) of shaving legs, and said they kinda liked it. But I never met a guy or gal who wanted a hairy pit. That's just stanky. Anyway, we should add the odd poll to get the legs-shaving take!

I'm kind of the opposite way, I honestly don't mind at all if a lady never shaves her armpits, and it definitely even suits certain people. It's not like if you did have hairy armpits they would get stinky, because you'd still be washing there. Most males have hairy armpits and most self-respecting males don't stink there. Alternately, I don't think there's any circumstances under which I'd find full-on hairy lady-legs attractive (stubble doesn't bother me). I do tell me girlfriend fairly often that it's entirely up to her if she wants to shave wherever she wants to shave and I have no problem at all if she's completely hair-covered, if that's what she wants, because she does complain about it every now and again. But she still keeps on shaving, so I guess that's that.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #121 on: 23 Nov 2010, 06:27 »

I just showered. I shaved my pits, but not my legs. Once it gets to All Pants Weather All The Time, I stop caring about my legs. But then again, according to last years NSNov on the forums, I do not have very hairy legs, so yeah.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #122 on: 23 Nov 2010, 06:30 »

I am a pretty hairy lady. I have full hair.

Personally, I get distressed the few times I shave my armpits, cause I think hairy armpits are sexy. Smooth legs CAN feel nice but mostly they feel like wax or something, then the next day they're prickly and sucky. So I guess I would probably wax my legs? But I am usually too poor to do that.

I might shower today? I have not decided.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #123 on: 23 Nov 2010, 06:45 »

I've dated a girl before with hairy legs and have to say I hated it. I know people get use to it but for some reason i just couldn't. Laying in bed and our legs touching was just a weird feeling and not something i found at all pleasant. I of course respect your right to do whatever you want with your body, but ya hairy legs just aren't my thing at all.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #124 on: 23 Nov 2010, 09:10 »

Shaving started in WWII when nylon and silk were rationed for military use. Previously women wore stockings, so no one cared if legs were hairy, but to create the illusion of stockings when they ran out, ladies started to shave, put face powder on for even colour, and draw lines up the back with eyeliner and rulers.

Also, baths are actually better at getting you clean than showers. You are not actually sitting in filthy water unless you have been rolling around in mud and it is now floating on the surface of your bath, and soaking deep-cleans better.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #125 on: 23 Nov 2010, 10:45 »

Also, baths are actually better at getting you clean than showers. You are not actually sitting in filthy water unless you have been rolling around in mud and it is now floating on the surface of your bath, and soaking deep-cleans better.

A small point here ... The whole baths-for-relaxation-NOT-clean thing is my personal opinion. I'm not gonna sit here and harp at people for taking baths rather than showers. Though, it is damn adorable when my daughter's in her bath. Then again, I am biased and think that she's the cutest thing out there, seconded only by baby sugar gliders!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #126 on: 23 Nov 2010, 13:42 »

Last time I had a bath I enjoyed it greatly but I had to have a shower afterwards to wash all the sweat off.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #127 on: 23 Nov 2010, 13:55 »

Re: armpits, someone just asked me about this and it looks like the ladies I've been with have been 50:50 with un-shaved legs/armpits versus not. Most recent lady offered to shave, I think my response was along the lines of 'I don't really care, whatever makes you happy in your body, maybe we can try it later and see our reactions'. Societal pressure on women to shave reinforces that women's bodies are imperfect and need fixing which is something I in no way wish to contribute to.

more like "hey man i am awesome and really pretty and i want to wear things that make me feel pretty, damnit"
So, has taking charge of your life and re-locating to a positive productive environment improved your happiness and feelings of self-worth to the point where you feel comfortable being pretty, OR are you just being influenced by all the pretty hipsters in Vancouver?
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 14:02 by Slick »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #128 on: 23 Nov 2010, 16:59 »

So I used to be on that "baths are not for getting clean" thing but I actually took a bath today because I have sore muscles and just generally feel shitty and I thought about it, but that "floating in yr own filth" thing is some bullshit. Like, I'm gonna assume y'all know how soap works, so as long as you are cleaning yrself with soap then the dirt is gonna bond to the soap and stay bonded, it's not gonna end up back on you. It's exactly the same principle as how yr clothes get clean and stay clean in a laundry machine, they're basically taking a bath and floating around in the same water as well. I think I'll be taking more baths from now on, baths rock (although they are kind of a waste of water)

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #129 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:00 »

Yeah, I feel like maybe that would help my hamstrings, but my hangup is that I go to have a bath and then remember how long it's been since I actually properly cleaned the tub. :/
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #130 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:04 »

Bathtub ring: the real reason it's more relaxing to take a bath by candlelight.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #131 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:07 »

welp i don't seem to have any hot water at all in my apartment as of like 30 minutes ago and it is still below freezing in this dumb city so until it magically comes back, there goes my hygeine

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #132 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:23 »

Now you just need to grow a beard and wear a flannel shirt to be right at home in BC.

Mein Tumblr

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
« Reply #133 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:34 »

I really like showers because they give me time to be utterly alone and free to think... With hot water running down my body!  Even if it's for only a few minutes, it's great and therapeutic.
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

Metope

« Reply #134 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:38 »

I have not had a real shower since I moved to Scotland. The shower head in the bathroom is broken (you can only get ice cold or boiling hot water from it, won't mix at all), so I have to sit in the tub and shower with a bucket. It's terrible, but I've found a technique for how to get clean at least. This has changed the way I wash myself rather drastically! I used to have a shower every morning, but now I've switched to every other evening. The thought of the bucket in the morning (while I wait for the bucket to fill up inbetween 'showers' it gets feeezing cold, and I'm all wet, it's terrible) is probably the worst thing in the world, so it's better to wait till the evening when I didn't just climb out from the warm and cozy bed. I just wish someone would fix it soon. Apparently this would be no biggie for a plumber, but seeing how the state of eveything else in this flat is (the windows are broken and have been promised to be fixed in over a year, nothing ever happens, and my ceiling lamp died a month back, still no word from the landlady) I doubt I'll have a proper shower in this flat ever.

Oh, and there is never enough hot water to fill the tub, so I can't have a bath either. I've tried several times! I can't wait to go home for Christmas and have a proper shower.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2010, 05:45 by Metope »
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #135 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:39 »

Shaving started in WWII when nylon and silk were rationed for military use. Previously women wore stockings, so no one cared if legs were hairy, but to create the illusion of stockings when they ran out, ladies started to shave, put face powder on for even colour, and draw lines up the back with eyeliner and rulers.

This explanation, while interesting, seems too pat to me. I mean, there is a well established preference for hairless bodies in classic paintings of nudes.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #136 on: 24 Nov 2010, 06:47 »

Nah, it's just pretty fucking hard to draw/paint/sculpt authentic looking leg-hair.

(okay, I have no knowledge of arts whatsoever, but it seems like logic, right?)
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #137 on: 24 Nov 2010, 07:59 »

Fuck painting/drawing leg hair. If ladies never shaved, it would be so fine that most wouldn't even notice from a distance. (Except for you hairy people who were just born with it.) I never ever draw leg hair.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #138 on: 24 Nov 2010, 13:23 »

I just showered for the first time in 2 days!

It was very refreshing.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #139 on: 24 Nov 2010, 13:26 »

Yeah seriously fuck drawing leg hair.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #140 on: 25 Nov 2010, 10:09 »

Then you're all part of the problem, obviously.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #141 on: 25 Nov 2010, 12:23 »

I shave under my arms every few days because once it gets past like a millimetre it itches like hell. I rarely if ever shave my legs and I don't think it matters a whole lot.

I definitely agree with the peer pressure thing, though. When I was at primary school, so the oldest I could have been was ten and I think I was younger (as in, definitely pre-pubescent), I got called a gorilla by another girl my age for not shaving my legs. I had a complex about it for ages but I care increasingly less now, except when I'm around girls who intimidate me for other reasons, at which point I become acutely conscious of my leg hair and try to cover it up. It has never been a problem in any other situation though; none of the people I've slept with have even noticed. One of my friend's boyfriend berates her if she hasn't shaved that day and I think that is appalling, and pretty symptomatic of their entire relationship actually.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #142 on: 27 Nov 2010, 00:33 »

This explanation, while interesting, seems too pat to me. I mean, there is a well established preference for hairless bodies in classic paintings of nudes.

I meant for modern eras. Just like other fads regarding physical beauty, it has cycled in and out of fashion multiple times. The Romans were big fans of underarm shaving and face shaving and short head hair, I know that for certain, and I think leg and pube shaving was a thing too. Greek athletes shaved, I think, because you are slipperier for wrestling and all that.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #143 on: 27 Nov 2010, 05:12 »

I like my women like I like my squirrels.

Fluffy and chewing on some nuts.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #144 on: 27 Nov 2010, 06:08 »

Greek athletes shaved, I think, because you are slipperier for "wrestling" and all that.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #145 on: 27 Nov 2010, 23:14 »

... Chewing? Erg. Sucking, yes. Chewing? I would imagine unless you have balls of steel that it hurts a bit.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #146 on: 28 Nov 2010, 00:44 »

well, this is khar we're talking about

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #147 on: 28 Nov 2010, 01:08 »

You mean like:

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about
Khar!
Right on

You see this cat Khar is a bad mother--
Shut your mouth!
But I'm talkin' about Khar!
Then we can dig it

Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #148 on: 28 Nov 2010, 08:16 »

I just enjoy watching women crack and eat pistachios what the fuck is wrong with you people.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ThePianoMan

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #149 on: 28 Nov 2010, 09:22 »

This is probably better than my first thought, which would be "timid and sometimes feral?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up