THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 November 2010 (Thanksgiving Week/1800-1805/Aftermath of the Breakup)  (Read 141887 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Let's try not to get this one shut down, 'kay?

I'm thinking only four strips this week, and one is the OMG Turkeys.

I'm also not making this a poll thread because... well because I don't wanna.

I'd like to see a "Mmmm, Waffles" moment, though. We need a Teh Funny after the Teh Drama from last week.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2010, 06:11 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Varian7

• Emoticontraindication

The Turkeys are always good for a funny moment.

IanClark

• Furry furrier

You realize, of course, that the turkeys are probably just going to make fun of this place for four or more panels.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

After last week, we deserve whatever the turkeys and/or Jeph decide to subject us to.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

I want a leg and a piece of breast

No you sick minded moron, I meant Turkey

:-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

After last week, we deserve whatever the turkeys and/or Jeph decide to subject us to.

Turdy turkeys talking dirty in Turkish.

The week may also feature another night time sequence in (Dora's and) Marten's bedroom with the only illumination being a reflection from the Shame Orb thru the window.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

I predict three days of Yelling Bird castigating forum posters, then OMGTurkeys break the fifth wall, then a redraw of strip 237 just to mess with people.
Quis pater tibi est?

ElvisRevenge

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • PLEASE HANNERS, DON'T HURT 'EM
    • Tumblr

Can't beat the HANNELORE I LOVE YOOOOOOOOU turkey strip with the old guy.

GeoffTheLlama

• Plantmonster

Is it awful I'm half-hoping for a week of filler?  Yelling bird, Sweet Tits, the OMG Turkeys...maybe have some HAWT PINTSIZE ACTION minus the humans, but nothing really plot driven?

Don't get me wrong, I want to see what happens next, but...after a climax like that, a breather could be nice too.

Edit:
Can't beat the HANNELORE I LOVE YOOOOOOOOU turkey strip with the old guy.

Oh God, AGREED.

ctrlbuild

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mantenna Array...Pain Level...Shatnerian

I for one welcome this coming week of QC, be it filler or not.  To wit, I shall relax.
Raven is The Chessmaster.

kostya

• Not quite a lurker

I just hope that the week swings back towards comedy. The last couple strips have been all drama. The comic has not had a good dirty joke in a while.

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

I miss the turkeys, and I want to see Yelling Bird with his own Yelling Bird squishable, although what he does with it might have to be off-frame.
With a "zweihander" galley oar in hand, he cuts a swathe through a carefully assembled vertical tower of foam blocks. It can do that much, at least.

TheEvilDog

I don't think thats gonna happen. Seems to be a Marten & Faye page today (currently watching Jeph on Justin.tv).

And I really can't see the comic just heading straight into comedy this week, it'd be too much of a mood whiplash. The emotions right now need to be played out and any comedy might ruin the buildup going on.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.

Sweet-tits and the Shame Orb head for mexico in a stolen cadillac, Yelling Bird tied by his dick to the antenna "Fuck you, I can fuck the WINNNNNNNNNNND"

Dora drinking herself into oblivion at Svens - for some reason, instead of polka-dotted ferrets, she gets half-naked Marigold.

Pintsize Goes Too Far. Marten shuts him down permanently.

Hanners discovers Minecraft.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom

Also someone brings a platypus into Coffee of Doom and it runs amok.

I have no ideas beyond this, but really, the idea speaks for itself, don't you think?
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Dora drinking herself into oblivion at Svens - for some reason, instead of polka-dotted ferrets, she gets half-naked Marigold.
Yeah, but which half?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

You realize, of course, that the turkeys are probably just going to make fun of this place for four or more panels.

I'm betting on it.
Just another Joe like 46

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES

Scene:

Window of the aparment, seen from outside.    Objects are being thrown from the window to the street below.
Zoom in next frame,  it is all of DORA's stuff.
Next frame, just the window.
Next frame,  inside the bedroom,   Martin has Faye in a body-hold as she tries to light a Molotov Cocktail
"Damn it, Faye this is NOT helping!"

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

Also someone brings a platypus into Coffee of Doom and it runs amok.

I have no ideas beyond this, but really, the idea speaks for itself, don't you think?

Given that I've never seen a platypus run amok, I'm very curious to see how that would turn out!
Also, I think your avatar is perfect: it reflects the state of mind of the viewer. When I first saw it, it was a sort of exhilarated expression, as you raised your UBMEOD above your head and charged into the fray in last week's thread for the first time. Now the drama has sunk in, and more stuff has happened in the comic, it's fearful, nauseous and more than a little weirded out.

... Funny that.
With a "zweihander" galley oar in hand, he cuts a swathe through a carefully assembled vertical tower of foam blocks. It can do that much, at least.

Tergon

I've only seen one platypus rampage in my time.  It was terrible... blood and bodily fluids everywhere, dazed survivors leaning against walls, mumbling, "It has fur... it has a beak... why did God do it..."

You don't wanna get involved in a Platypus fight, man.  It's a bad scene.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Scene:

Window of the aparment, seen from outside.    Objects are being thrown from the window to the street below.
Zoom in next frame,  it is all of DORA's stuff.
Next frame, just the window.
Next frame,  inside the bedroom,   Martin has Faye in a body-hold as she tries to light a Molotov Cocktail
"Damn it, Faye this is NOT helping!"

The only problem is, how would we know it was Dora's stuff?

A "BLOOD PONY" t-shirt goes flying? Or a "MOUSTACHE RIDES" shirt? Or the Emergency Skirt which she never brought back to the shop?
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Maybe the short black skirts or spookypants would give it away.  Or the striped tights. 

No matter, the scenario gave me my first good laugh this week! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Yellowstone

• Plantmonster

Maybe the short black skirts or spookypants would give it away.  Or the striped tights. 

No matter, the scenario gave me my first good laugh this week! 

Faye just better be careful not to light Dora's vinyl pants on fire.  The fumes from burning plastic are bad news for your lungs.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Martin has Faye in a body-hold as she tries to light a Molotov Cocktail "Damn it, Faye this is NOT helping!"
Definite LOL! Which probably makes me a bad person.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

• 1-800-SCABIES

Bonus punchline:  Dora walks in on them wrestling.    She shouts AH HA!  I KNEW IT!    This scares the crap out of Faye... who drops the Cocktail.

Hilarity FLAMES ensue.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU

I was actually imagining something closer to Pintsize trying to do the 'toss stuff out' since he saw it in a video, but then he gets into mortal combat with the cat...
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

TheEvilDog

Am I the only one who sees Mieville staying with Marten and Pintsize somehow ending up with Dora? I mean the little guy did help hammer a couple of nails into that coffin last Monday, so I doubt his Marten's favourite AnthroPC right now. (Either that or Marten uploads Pintsize to the computer and pawns off the chassis so he can get out of town for a while.)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Of course, the ultimate LOL would be Pintsize saying, "Can I keep this bustier?"
Just another Joe like 46

• 1-800-SCABIES

Next strip:   

Faye appears at Angus's door. 

"Hey Angus may I ask a HUGE favor... I need a place to stay my apartment burned down."

"WHAT--  Gosh what happened?"

"I was... doing laundry..."

"You burned down your APARTMENT doing LAUNDRY?!"

"....lets just say I'm not very good at ironing."

ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.  ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.    BIG WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier

"Comic's done, will upload later, time for a party!"

Jeph, you TEASE.

ctrlbuild

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mantenna Array...Pain Level...Shatnerian

ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.  ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.    BIG WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING.

So... Pintsize is a Cylon?

This makes a lot of sense.
Raven is The Chessmaster.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

BIG WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING.

Proud Mary keeps on BURNING...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday

Rollin'! Rollin'! Rollin on the river!!!!!  :psyduck:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

akronnick

Rollin'! Rollin'! Rollin on the river!!!!!  :psyduck:

Doo-wat dooo-do-doo!

Dooo-do-doo!

[horns]
Dun-na duunn!
Dun-na duunn!
Dun-na dun dun dun dun dun-na duunn!!!!
[/horns]

*edit*
Comic's up, and Jeph is filling in at XKCD as well.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2010, 21:11 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

andiyar

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • warrior-poet

A nice beginning to the week... interesting to see how rational Marten seems at this point, Faye reacting as per expectation. I'm looking forward to seeing her going into work, if we get to this week. It will be interesting to see Dora's spin on the situation.

-A
"any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

redragon5000

• Plantmonster

Wow, Marten looks awful. Par for the course considering last week, I suppose...

Also, Faye's pout looks adorable.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor

I notice Marten's wearing a black hoodie again. Did he break this?:  http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1436

I kinda like the idea that Faye woke up to the sound of glass breaking.
- Alvin

Somebody

• Curry sauce
Re: WCDT 22-26 November 2010
« Reply #37 on: 21 Nov 2010, 21:20 »

A nice beginning to the week... interesting to see how rational Marten seems at this point, Faye reacting as per expectation.
Well, this seems to be the next morning rather than a direct continuation from 1800. Not only did Marten's door going "click" seemed like a pretty definitive "not going to talk now", but they're in the kitchen, and they've both changed clothes (well, Marten changed his T-shirt). They've had some time to sleep off the immediate emotions, which is probably why Marten's comparatively rational [Faye's angry because she's just found out the gory details, and so hasn't had time to metabolise the angry homones]

gathayah

• Not quite a lurker

Jeph's captured the raw emotion so well it's almost scary.

Faye's first interaction with Dora following this is going to be quite interesting...I'm sure she wants to respect Marten's wishes to not jump down her throat. But then again, she's also going to want to stick up for her best friend and confront her about the allegations made about Marten's feelings for her, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Faye's gonna turn into psycho bitch lady. But I do foresee a good amount of passive-aggressiveness between those two in the near future.
Delicious bourbon
Finest of all the spirits
A drunken haiku

Visible_One

• Plantmonster

I notice Marten's wearing a black hoodie again. Did he break this?:  http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1436

Ooooh, I like this.
One, he gets rid of something that reminds him of his relationship. Two, he gets to wear his french-fry hoodie again. Three, Faye gets to wake up to the sound of glass breaking.

ElvisRevenge

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • PLEASE HANNERS, DON'T HURT 'EM
    • Tumblr

Ah. At least we're continuing things. You crazy bastards actually had me thinking there'd be a big ol' week of filler strips.

You crazy, crazy bastards.

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

Yet again... I maintain my addiction while still not really enjoying the new strips. I won't pretend that the whole last 150 or so comics have been all bad. There were some utterly awesome strips in that batch, but then every time it goes back to developing the main plot threads I just feel so sad. I don't get a choice in the way I react to the plot... it's just a reflex.

Since I don't even know if I have the willpower to quit, please can we get back to funny and cute comics involving Marigold and Hannelore, please? I don't feel any bizarre and completely inappropriate sense of investment in what they get up to.

Tergon

Man, Marten looks shredded.  Poor bastard.  I can see why he'd want to hold Faye back... no need for her to get involved... but I wonder if Faye's gonna bother with a poker face next time she sees Dora?  I can easily see what Dora's response would be when she finds that Marten has pretty much immediately told Faye about their breakup conversation and the reason why.  Probably something along the lines of, "So he opened up to you the second I dumped him.  What a fuckin' surprise."

MissAnneThrope

• Not quite a lurker

I picture Marten curling up with French Fry hoodie at night, grumbling about how Dora never really appreciated its awesomeness.  :-D
"They heard me singing and they told me to stop, Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock."

akronnick

Man, Marten looks shredded.  Poor bastard.  I can see why he'd want to hold Faye back... no need for her to get involved... but I wonder if Faye's gonna bother with a poker face next time she sees Dora?  I can easily see what Dora's response would be when she finds that Marten has pretty much immediately told Faye about their breakup conversation and the reason why.  Probably something along the lines of, "So he opened up to you the second I dumped him.  What a fuckin' surprise."

Well Faye would probably get curious when Dora didn't show up at the apartment they share after about a week, and Marten needs to talk to someone.

Besides, Dora ended the relationship. When and to whom Marten opens up is not really any of her business anymore, is it?

*edit for grammar auto-pedantry*
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2010, 21:53 by akronnick »

betsynoir

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

Ooooh, I like this.
One, he gets rid of something that reminds him of his relationship. Two, he gets to wear his french-fry hoodie again. Three, Faye gets to wake up to the sound of glass breaking.

I kind of like the idea too, but it seems like it's probably the same hoodie he's had on since 1778. (I think at the time, Dora mentioned that he had a gazillion other black hoodies).

Maybe I'm getting a bad read on this, but it seems like Marten maybe gave Faye the shorthand of what happened, and it lost a little bit in translation. (sort of: "Dora broke up with me because she thinks we want to screw" vs. "Dora broke up with me because she thinks she's so crazy that she'll always believe we want to screw). If that's the case, I wonder what Faye will think of Dora's side of the story. I mean, I can't believe Faye would be all that more sympathetic to reasoning B over reasoning A, but it IS slightly less rabid batshit crazy.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Om mane padme hum...

Marten, even wrung out, is ever the pragmatist. More great expressions, especially the Faye-pout at the end.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

IS FAYE WHITAKER GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH, DORA?
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor

I kind of like the idea too, but it seems like it's probably the same hoodie he's had on since 1778. (I think at the time, Dora mentioned that he had a gazillion other black hoodies).

Maybe I'm getting a bad read on this, but it seems like Marten maybe gave Faye the shorthand of what happened, and it lost a little bit in translation. (sort of: "Dora broke up with me because she thinks we want to screw" vs. "Dora broke up with me because she thinks she's so crazy that she'll always believe we want to screw). If that's the case, I wonder what Faye will think of Dora's side of the story. I mean, I can't believe Faye would be all that more sympathetic to reasoning B over reasoning A, but it IS slightly less rabid batshit crazy.

It sounds to me like Marten told her the real story. I can see Faye being just as angry over reasoning A as reasoning B; remember Faye put in just as much time as Marten in reassuring Dora that she was ok with their relationship and not pining away for Marten. Plus, SHE JUST STARTED DATING ANOTHER GUY. Faye has the right to be that upset with her.
- Alvin

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.

I would really really care for another shot of Faye with the glare of death....full pentagrams flames and all.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up