THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's next on the "Reaction to the Breakup" list?

Marigold
- 20 (10.1%)
Angus (CHECK - Couldn't believe it)
- 7 (3.5%)
Tai (CHECK - Emo Marten)
- 76 (38.2%)
Raven
- 4 (2%)
Steve
- 31 (15.6%)
Cosette
- 2 (1%)
Jimbo
- 9 (4.5%)
Ms. Vance (CHECK! She's on the next plane out!)
- 18 (9%)
Mr. Reed
- 2 (1%)
The Bianchis
- 2 (1%)
Penelope
- 13 (6.5%)
Dale (Daaaaangg.)
- 15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 29 Nov-3 Dec (1806-1810)  (Read 112895 times)

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
Re: WCDT 29 Nov-3 Dec (1806-1810)
« Reply #100 on: 29 Nov 2010, 16:39 »

Aww, yay worryhat!  I forsee random college girls flirting with Marten while he's wearing it, and he will not notice.  (Not an actual prediction for the comic.)

Healthy or no, it's clear to see that Marten's feeling like hell right now, and if someone triggers him I do believe he's going to lose his temper.  I don't want to see that because I think it'll be psychologically healthy, or because I think it'd be funny, or because I want him to make Hannelore cry, or anything like that.  I want to see it because I think Marten's a great character with one gap in his personality - the fact that he always has this mask up of being a calm, cheerful, easygoing guy.  Right now that mask is more strained than it ever has been, and purely for the sake of the story, I want a look underneath it.

I want a peek as well.  Marten's so often a source of comfort for others -- it'd be nice to see a balance where he needs comforting.  And no, I don't mean with sex.   :roll:  It's possible that he's heading to some sort of emotional explosion, but he looks way to exhausted to explode at this point.  I have a feeling that his bitterness is going to fester awhile.  We shall see.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Takerial

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #101 on: 29 Nov 2010, 17:39 »

I think it was Freud who defined depression as "anger without enthusiasm".

The only time I can remember Marten being enthusiastic is when he bought a guitar.

It would be consistent with all we've seen before if he had a "friggin' women" vent with someone.

Freud also talked about babies and little kids having larges amounts of sexual thoughts and tendencies. There's a reason most of his stuff was discredited.

While "anger without enthusiasm" could work with certain areas of depression and why some people are depressed, it doesn't cover a good chunk of the rest of it. But they are definitely related, mostly because they are negative-type emotions like sadness and grief.

And Marten has been enthusiastic about stuff. He's just not a loud type. Like the time when he joined the band, he was really into that. Him getting his new job had some enthusiasm in it.
BOB DOLE FOR PRESIDENT!
I love my teh girl!
"If everyone went commando, wedgies wouldn't be funny anymore." My Friend

cuzsis

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #102 on: 29 Nov 2010, 17:40 »

Oh he's going to snap.

He was like mid-snap when Dora walked out in strip #1797 and he squelched it.

That shit is going to have to release at some point.

The only question is who will be the target/victim.

Faye.

She and Marten vent to each other a lot. She'll attempt to be understanding, but at some point biatch him out about something irrational he's doing in his distraught state. Marten will still be pissed, yell back and she'll give it to him again (with style). Marten calms down, takes another look at things. Thanks Faye for whatever they worked out. Everyone's pretty happy. Then Angus walks in and gets...confused.

electricumbrellas

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #103 on: 29 Nov 2010, 17:56 »

MARTEN!HULK MUST RAEG!

"What the fuck do women WANT, already??"

a 12 inch chocolate penis that ejaculates money.

Chocolate penis, if edible, is an unfortunately non-renewable resource.

Cashjaculate just sounds painful, if not unsanitary, causing UTIs all up in the lady's hoohah or whatever.  Some gals do a ping pong ball trick; this little filly pays off like a slot machine!

D

How about a 12 inch cash penis that ejaculates chocolate???

Hel-lo yeast infection.
"What kind of lame power is Heart, anyway?"

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #104 on: 29 Nov 2010, 18:36 »

...and now I'm craving malted chocolate cake for some reason. :psyduck:
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

TheEvilDog

« Reply #105 on: 29 Nov 2010, 18:50 »

I sometimes wonder if I've gone insane.

Then I realise, I'm on the internet.

Sanity left the building a looooooong time ago.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #106 on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:17 »

I feel like I should clarify, given some of the comments here - I don't think Marten has pent-up rage at Dora in specific.  I wholeheartedly agree that it would be out of character for him to hold a grudge against her, even after everything.  So when I say that I think Marten's boiling up to an explosion, I don't believe it's because he's genuinely angry at any one thing.

I think he's just sick of, well, everything.

Freud may have had a point - depression is anger without enthusiasm.  That fits Marten at the moment.  But if something gives him enthusiasm, if something triggers him, then it'll be anger with direction.  It won't happen as easily as someone greeting him with the wrong tone, but it's so very easy for something to rub you up the wrong way far enough.  Like, for example, if you've ever felt really, really depressed?  And someone keeps asking you if you're feeling okay and if you're still depressed?  There's pretty much nothing more annoying than that.  And it doesn't even have to be one person!  Ten different people could do it, and you'll snap at the eleventh.  That's how it works, and if you've been in that situation before, you'll understand.

I don't want to watch Marten roast someone because I wanna see the fallout.  I don't want to see him get violent and screaming and throwing shit around the room.  I don't want to see him have a fit.  I just... want to see that mask slip, just once, and let us see him when he's not rigidly controlling his bitterness and his feelings the way he's so obviously been doing since the breakup.  And I want to see it because I love the character and this is a new facet of that character.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #107 on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:29 »

Vespavenger shows up, and Marten recovers his +3 Stop Sign of Kicking Ass and smashes her into a bloody pulp, unloading all of his girl troubles in the process.

Or not.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

sterlingdragon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #108 on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:49 »

Hmmm...I think somebody might catch Marten on the rebound. Who, you might ask?
The very first person to openly have a crush on Marten.
And no, It's not Pintsize, Faye or Steve.

It is, of course, Sara! This seriously seems like a great time for her to come back and reveal that she's Pizza Girl hook up with Marten!

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #109 on: 29 Nov 2010, 21:16 »

Ummm....

No.

Just no.

Sara hasn't been in the comic in over 1500 strips, or six years of real life time. She hasn't been seen since CoD dropped the apron requirement for the barristas

I doubt Jeph would even know how to draw her in the current style, nor would we recognize her if he did. He may as well create a completely new character.

She's the Tasha Yar of  the QC Universe, she ain't comin' back.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #110 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:02 »

Quote from: tergon
I don't want to watch Marten roast someone because I wanna see the fallout.  I don't want to see him get violent and screaming and throwing shit around the room.  I don't want to see him have a fit.

Oh, I do, I do! The fallout would be delicious. :evil: :evil:
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

AnAverageWriter

« Reply #111 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:04 »

Tasha Yar, eh?
So she'll reappear as the alternate-reality spawned alien half-human descendant of... herself?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #112 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:16 »

Basically, yes.  It would take something along those (completely whacked) lines for her to show back up. 

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #113 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:25 »

If Marten does snap I have hopes of one of the following happening

1) What happens is not described in any real detail, other than Pinstize either telling Marten that he is a god, or muttering "the horror, the horror"
Or
2) I want it to involve duct tape and a midget
Or
3) A series of Memento style comics starting at the end where they try to piece together just what Marten did
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #114 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:40 »

3) A series of Memento style comics starting at the end where they try to piece together just what Marten did

I, personally, would really dig this.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #115 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:42 »

If Marten does snap I have hopes of one of the following happening *snip* I want it to involve duct tape and a midget

Throw in Tai with the duct tape and the midget and I'm with you, man. Yes, I like her better after the Marigold thing, but not that much better. I could stand to see Marten put the naked fear of …something in her. Just because.

Really, though, if Marten blows up around anyone, it will probably be Steve.

Reading today's strip, I had this strange flash of Patrick Stewart putting on the Worry Hat...
Oh dear god. That is indeed a strange flash. And yet…I can see it. Not as Picard, though, but as Xavier.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #116 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:56 »

I prefer seeing him do this as Ahab

Just for the pure visual silliness.  And that's definitely someone who could've used a worry hat. 

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world
« Reply #117 on: 29 Nov 2010, 23:19 »

I'm hoping that Marten's "moment" occurs at work and gets him fired. Neither the moment nor the firing have to be related to Tai in any way, but they likely would.

Regardless, it would present a lot of interesting options for both character and story.
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #118 on: 29 Nov 2010, 23:24 »

Do you see the tension in his shoulders go away just after engaging the Worry Hat?

Tergon

« Reply #119 on: 29 Nov 2010, 23:40 »

Even if Marten snapped at work, I don't think Tai would fire him.  She'd probably chew him a new asshole if he snapped at her, but I think she's more the type to confront him at the time, and forgive him later.  Not the sort to just fire him because he stepped out of line.
Now, if Marten snapped within range of a member of the College board... that might be another story.

Still, like I said, I don't care much about the fallout if Marten does snap.  I just wanna see it happen!  Like, watching a monster truck go over a cliff is cool?  But you just don't wanna think about the driver afterwards.  :P

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #120 on: 30 Nov 2010, 00:01 »

I just realized ... Marten could now be employed by Dora ! :-D
Carpe Diem

akronnick

« Reply #121 on: 30 Nov 2010, 00:07 »

Oh yeah, that's a great idea!  :roll:

Maybe Faye should apply for a job as Sven's business manager while we're at it, and Tai can get an internship with the Family Research Council, she'd fit right in there...
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #122 on: 30 Nov 2010, 00:22 »

The Principle of Maximum Awkwardness must have its due.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tergon

« Reply #123 on: 30 Nov 2010, 00:38 »

But... the Principle of Maximum Awkwardness would require Maximum Ridiculosity in order to overcome it.  And we already applied Maximum Ridiculosity to Marten's love-life in The Thread That Dare Not Speak Its Name.  It died.

So Maximum Awkwardness would run rampant here.  We can't allow that!

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #124 on: 30 Nov 2010, 00:41 »

I think it was Freud who defined depression as "anger without enthusiasm".

The only time I can remember Marten being enthusiastic is when he bought a guitar.

It would be consistent with all we've seen before if he had a "friggin' women" vent with someone.

Freud also talked about babies and little kids having larges amounts of sexual thoughts and tendencies. There's a reason most of his stuff was discredited.

Arky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #125 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:17 »

Ummm....

No.

Just no.

Sara hasn't been in the comic in over 1500 strips, or six years of real life time. She hasn't been seen since CoD dropped the apron requirement for the barristas

I doubt Jeph would even know how to draw her in the current style, nor would we recognize her if he did. He may as well create a completely new character.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Marten's old girlfriend return (and with her, you can't use the excuse that Jeph doesn't know how to draw her in his current style, since he did for the book!  Mwaha!).

This is a girl for whom Marten MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY.  He wouldn't f'n move to a different apartment for Dora.  This is a side of him we haven't seen, a part of his life we've hardly heard about.  Much more potential than bringing back a random girl for Marten to hook up with.

Ooh, comic!  Um... meh.  Sorry.  Can't all be winners.

akronnick

« Reply #126 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:19 »

The Legend lives on from the Chippewa on down,
Of the big lake they call Gitchee-Gumi.
The Lake it is said never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn Gloomy!

Faye:
Ten million YouTube views, minimum

...and 60 pages on the WCDT!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #127 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:22 »

Wooooooooooooooooooo ! Comic !

The Legend lives on from the Chippewa on down,
Of the big lake they call Gitchee-Gumi.
The Lake it is said never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn Gloomy!

Faye:
Ten million YouTube views, minimum

...and 60 pages on the WCDT!
Proof ?

SCNR
Carpe Diem

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #128 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:25 »

Can anyone identify the cameo figures?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

akronnick

« Reply #129 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:27 »

SCNR?  :?

Yellowstone

• Plantmonster
« Reply #130 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:37 »

Can anyone identify the cameo figures?
He made some reference in the justin.tv livechat to looking something up on Facebook, so presumably they're friends of his.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #131 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:46 »

I love how expressive Faye's shoulders are in today's comic. But, in the last panel, Faye's nose looks very... er... Western.  :-D

As for the couple in the background, maybe Nappy McTurtleneck has found a partner (and perhaps a teaching position, judging by his fashion choices...).
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Daris

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #132 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:58 »

Then Marten boards a plane, and never looks back, thus leaving the comic forever, and spawning a side comic about his new life back with his Mom, where much more hilarity ensues.  Pintsize+Customers=Fun.

And nobody seems to notice.  

In the real world
as in dreams
nothing is quite
what it seems.
--Book of Counted Sorrows

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #133 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:05 »

Kudos to akronnick for getting a Gordo quote in.

I'll hang, so long as these lyrics aren't used:
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

I knew Angus was going to be next.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #134 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:05 »

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Marten's old girlfriend return (and with her, you can't use the excuse that Jeph doesn't know how to draw her in his current style, since he did for the book!  Mwaha!).

This is a girl for whom Marten MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY.  He wouldn't f'n move to a different apartment for Dora.  This is a side of him we haven't seen, a part of his life we've hardly heard about.  Much more potential than bringing back a random girl for Marten to hook up with.

How long was Martin dating her? In my opinion length of a relationship directly correlates to moving across country potential. Also the fact that they were younger. How long has Martin been in the Smif are prior to QC?

I think that Martin is a bit more guarded now than he was when he was younger.

Personally I'd like to see job related character development. Martin really pursuing his music career or something. He needs to change the direction of his life if he's ever going to be happy with it.

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.
« Reply #135 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:02 »

Well, that's about it for me. It was a good 1600 strips, and about 600 or so really awesome strips, but there's nothing for me here now. I don't watch soap operas anyway, so it's about time. After preparing myself for a couple weeks I don't even feel so bad about kicking the habit. These aren't the characters I used to like anyway. They just have a passing resemblance.

Thanks for the meories. Thanks for the good times. Questionable Content, I'm breaking up with you. You changed, and we want different things.

sidpatt

• Not quite a lurker
  • Who's that at the door?
« Reply #136 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:07 »

Well, that's about it for me. It was a good 1600 strips, and about 600 or so really awesome strips, but there's nothing for me here now. I don't watch soap operas anyway, so it's about time. After preparing myself for a couple weeks I don't even feel so bad about kicking the habit. These aren't the characters I used to like anyway. They just have a passing resemblance.

Thanks for the meories. Thanks for the good times. Questionable Content, I'm breaking up with you. You changed, and we want different things.

IT'S SECRETARIAT!!!

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #137 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:22 »

Faye seems to be fond of saying "I know, right?" I personally think it's a little annoying when other people say it yet I say it pretty often myself. Just one of the many reasons I suck.

Anyway, I had a feeling that would be Angus' response to this dilemma - "but you don't have feelings for him, right?" It's really only natural that he'd say that; I probably would too. But I really hope Angus doesn't turn into Dora II; letting jealousy wreck something great. No matter how hilariously tragic the S.S. Fangus Paddlesteamer disaster would be, I don't want to see it!!

Please, let the door hit you on the way out.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

GeoffTheLlama

• Plantmonster
« Reply #138 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:34 »

Whatever shall we do?
 :cry:

akronnick

« Reply #139 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:38 »

Anyway, I had a feeling that would be Angus' response to this dilemma - "but you don't have feelings for him, right?" It's really only natural that he'd say that; I probably would too. But I really hope Angus doesn't turn into Dora II; letting jealousy wreck something great. No matter how hilariously tragic the S.S. Fangus Paddlesteamer disaster would be, I don't want to see it!!

I don't think Angus is really all that bothered by it.

He has just the right mixture of confidence and lack of self-awareness to be able to negotiate those kinds of treacherous waters.

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.
« Reply #140 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:45 »

Please, let the door hit you on the way out.
At what point did I inadvertently shit in your cereal? I don't expect anyone to give a damn about my personal choice, but this is just a tad more hostile than I'd expect.

Whatever shall we do?
 :cry:
Keep on reading a comic that you still enjoy? I dunno, maybe I'm drawing a faulty conclusion.... I'm not enjoying it anymore, haven't really been for a while. I dare say I'll get by without it. Just posting here because... well, why not?

I'm kinda sad that the comic isn'tworking for me anymore. When it was good, it was a very satisfying read. Assuming all the strips are redrawn in an updated art style, the book would probably still be worth buying for me.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2010, 03:52 by Soluzar »

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #141 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:06 »

HERP HERP I DON'T LIKE THE COMIC ANYMORE THE WHOLE WORLD HAS TO KNOW HERP DERP

Just stop reading if you don't like it anymore.  :psyduck:
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #142 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:26 »

Cute comic that confirmed my love for Faye/Angus, and all we comment on is a flounce?

C'mon!

Relationships with nautical metaphors! It's like he's trying to set up the eventual sex scene set to The Decemberists.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #143 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:36 »

I don't think Angus is really all that bothered by it.

He has just the right mixture of confidence and lack of self-awareness to be able to negotiate those kinds of treacherous waters.

Well the Maid of the Mist has been running since 1846 with no serious accidents there is a precedent for boats surving the experience.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.
« Reply #144 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:46 »

HERP HERP I DON'T LIKE THE COMIC ANYMORE THE WHOLE WORLD HAS TO KNOW HERP DERP

Just stop reading if you don't like it anymore.  :psyduck:
What I posted isn't comic discussion. Clearly.

ITT: People too thin-skinned to hear a negative view on their favourite webcomic.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #145 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:53 »

Do you really think it adds anything to the discussion if you say you won't read the comic anymore? You can have your opinion, but you don't have to talk about in here. Just stop reading and be done with it. Anything else you did is mindless self-importance.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #146 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:56 »

I'd like to add that the general abrasiveness of your previous posts really set the tone. 

You shouldn't be surprised by the minor celebratory stance people are taking. 

And if you didn't care what we thought, why announce the departure?  Just leave, already!

Tergon

« Reply #147 on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:01 »

For what it's worth, Soluzar:  Sorry to hear that QC has lost a fan in you.  If it's no longer to your taste, that's fine.  As stories change, people lose interest.  Speaking for myself, you're one of the folks who I enjoyed a bit of discussion with when we disagreed, and although we didn't see eye-to-eye on some topics, I do wish you well if you're leaving.  In the words of Master Alchemist Lysander, "I'm sorry things didn't turn out as you had hoped. Go, and remember us fondly. You know, you bothered me far less than most."  ;)

AND NOW FOR A RETURN TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD

Glad to see Faye and Angus are treating this in a sane manner.  Angus was perfectly valid in asking that question - it needed to be asked, if only once, just so that the idea wouldn't fester in him the way it did to Dora.  Faye has pretty conclusively shut it down, and Angus has recovered impressively.  Plus, nautical metaphors in a dating context is obviously a sign of deep affection.  Just look at Moby Dick.

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #148 on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:13 »

On a previous topic, while I can empathize with all the people who want Marten to vent his feelings in some sort of rage-fit, I think it is unlikely to happen.  Given what I can glean from his last known breakup (that would be Vicky, of Got Milk fame), he seems to have just "sucked it up", as it were, given his mentions of how he never saw her again, and that he didn't really need closure.  Admittedly, we don't know how much of this is after the fact rationalization, and he may have done some raging about it, but you'd think that if there had been any real anger behind it, considering how the situation left him, there would have been more reaction to seeing her again.  Then again, Faye had just creamed her with a carton of milk, so...

tbones

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #149 on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:39 »

SCNR?  :?
Sorry, Could Not Resist.
And for further internet acronyms check out: http://www.urbandictionary.com !

now to for the Comic Discussion...

See the background in panels 4 and 5? isn't a recurrent place jeph likes to use? i think i remember that's were marten's dad had propoused to his boyfriend, but i really can't find the comic....
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up