Sheer Intensity of Makeouts?
- 4 (3.4%)
Quantum Tunnelling effect
- 9 (7.6%)
Please tell me you did not drink that entire bottle
- 0 (0%)
That was a terrible idea.
- 3 (2.5%)
At least ONE of us isn't gonna remember this in the morning.
- 15 (12.6%)
Did I say anything stupid last night? No, you were fine.
- 6 (5%)
OWLS. Owls? OWLS.
- 38 (31.9%)
So, do you want me to kill Dora for you?
- 6 (5%)
Love you too, mom.
- 3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 13-17 Dec 2010 (1816-20)  (Read 257747 times)

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
Re: WCDT: 13-17 Dec 2010 (1816-20)
« Reply #50 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:05 »

I do apologize for entering this place of worship and pissing in the holy water.

While I don't think we'll be seeing Veronica this week (damn TSA holding her up), I think we will be seeing the first baby-steps of Dora attempting therapy.

The only bit of pissing in holy water that was in your post was that you didn't clarify that Hanners and Marigold would not be raising babies as a lesbian couple. The wording is a bit dodgy and could be read that way, which is the only fantastic bit of your post. The rest of it could totally happen as a snowball perfect-storm of shit hitting the fan, given how the characters have been portrayed so far in the comic (all hinging on Marten dying of alcohol poisoning, of course).

I'd wager something much more mundane happens, though:

Marten passes out and otherwise spends the night alone, Faye goes out with Angus to get away from the shithole bummer night she'd have if she came home and had to talk to Marten again, Dora continues to be herself and doesn't make it to therapy until next week, Veronica also doesn't show up until next week (hell, it could be an entire month from now, real time).

Basically, the rest of the week is going to be horrible jokes between Angus and Faye (that have nothing to do with Marten and Dora, because how pathetic would they be as a couple spending an entire date talking about a breakup between one of Faye's friends?)--or maybe decent jokes, the actual humor between characters is hit or miss with the comic humor being in the situations themselves--with maybe a filler comic featuring Yelling Bird and Sweet Tits (did she ever get a real name, or did Yelling Bird calling her that pretty much constitute her naming?) talking about how pathetic the forums posters are because it'll allow Jeph to vent a bit while also exercising his drawing talents.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #51 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:07 »

I can see Dora "accidentally" missing her first therapy appointment.
EDIT: the characters are all survivors. The only arguable exception is Faye, and even then you have to notice that the car wreck was never repeated and that she backed away on the alcohol-based slow suicide.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 10:19 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #52 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:21 »

While I don't think we'll be seeing Veronica this week (damn TSA holding her up)

I would love to see Jeph handle that. He's never been much of a political animal, though, more's the pity.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

galarant

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #53 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:38 »

No Hanners, come back!

He needs comfort...

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #54 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:48 »

Bad taste jokes are still bad taste; there's been enough of that sort of thing around here to last us forever.  We're trying to improve this place, so please play ball. 

Check out the welcome thread at the top for hints.

Hear, Hear

I for one would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new English overlord/colonial master and extend an invitation to the levee on New Years' Day.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #55 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:50 »

No Hanners, come back!

He needs comfort...

That can, of course, be taken quite innocently.  However, in the light of your previous posts, I suspect that wasn't what you meant. Tsk, tsk.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #56 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:02 »

I am starting to seriously like the cut of your jib, sir.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

tbones

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #57 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:20 »

I don't. Remember Faye's threat????

Also, i have a hunch that Faye is going to come home and kick Marten's ass. Maybe it's crazyness talking, but just a hunch.
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #58 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:25 »

care to expand on that? I don't think that Faye is evil enough to get up in Marten's shit right now, dude is fucked up enough at the moment.

Cammy

• Plantmonster
  • Huzzah!
    • Cammy's Comic Corner
« Reply #59 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:29 »

Faye kick Marten's ass? That's some truly 'Southern Comfort' right there!  :lol:
Cammy's Comic Corner
with
CammyKnoxville
every
Sunday
Cammy's Comic Corner - Holiday Gift Suggestions

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #60 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:38 »

Faye kick Marten's ass? That's some truly 'Southern Comfort' right there!  :lol:

Pre-new moderator I'd expect that to open the door to lots of freudian analysis/commentary about Marten's tendency to be attracted to women that treat him like shit >50% of the time and how he'd probably really enjoy it, referencing Oedipal complex stuff and his mother's occupation (and someone posting overly wordy fiction about Veronica showing up mid-beating and giving Faye pointers, etc.).

EDIT: Fixed for clarity.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 12:09 by Odin »

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #61 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:41 »

I don't think there's anything in the comic to support Marten as a masochist.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #62 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:44 »

I don't see that ("Marten's tendency to go after women that treat him like shit") as a realistic judgement based on what we actually know, though.  He and Vicky were fine for a while, but then grew apart and ended unsatisfactorily, which is not an uncommon stage in life; Faye he hankered after, but she didn't treat him like shit (play-punching and being unavailable aren't enough to qualify); and Dora, well, she  chased him,  and didn't treat him like shit until sometime after they were together.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

tbones

« Reply #63 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:50 »

I don't know, just a hunch i have. Not really probable, but if Marten keeps on drinking, until he gets really, and i mean REALLY wasted. Then Faye comes into the apartment and sees Marten in a bad state... and well, there you got a fight (or not? Maybe Faye change personalites drastically and instead of reprehend him, she takes care of him, until he sober up?)

I don't know, it really seems unlikely, but since Marten and Dora broke up i have my sense of doom it's on all the friggin' time.
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #64 on: 13 Dec 2010, 12:04 »

More likely, if Marten keeps drinking, that Faye will come home to find him passed out on the couch face down in his own vomit. Can't fight with an unconscious person now can you? Thus her Mama Bear instinct will kick in and she'll feel compelled to take care of Marten-which he will hear about in the morning, especially if Faye has to clean up his puke.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #65 on: 13 Dec 2010, 12:14 »

I don't see that ("Marten's tendency to go after women that treat him like shit") as a realistic judgement based on what we actually know, though.  He and Vicky were fine for a while, but then grew apart and ended unsatisfactorily, which is not an uncommon stage in life; Faye he hankered after, but she didn't treat him like shit (play-punching and being unavailable aren't enough to qualify); and Dora, well, she  chased him,  and didn't treat him like shit until sometime after they were together.

Marten was the creepy one in the relationship with Vicky, though (already argued this out in another thread several months ago), so I don't think we want to go through that one again (short version: She broke up with him, he moved to follow her anyway and she wasn't assertive enough to tell him to fuck off until after a week of continuous phone calls). Faye did treat Marten like shit pretty much continuously until the comic evolved into them genuinely being friends instead of Marten being the Nice Guy that let the Girl He Is Attracted To move in (with her being very well aware of it) and Dora chased after Marten because she saw a readily available doormat that she could walk all over (and she broke up with him when he finally redeveloped a spine).

Whether Marten is still a Nice Guy or not remains to be seen, but at the very beginning of this comic he pretty much was. Jeph may have redefined him recently, but we haven't actually seen it outside of his interactions with Hannelore and other people he has no romantic interest in.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 12:18 by Odin »

tbones

« Reply #66 on: 13 Dec 2010, 13:03 »

More likely, if Marten keeps drinking, that Faye will come home to find him passed out on the couch face down in his own vomit. Can't fight with an unconscious person now can you? Thus her Mama Bear instinct will kick in and she'll feel compelled to take care of Marten-which he will hear about in the morning, especially if Faye has to clean up his puke.

Faye? Mama Bear instinct? I can see that, but i can't see Faye as a person that acts non-violently, like taking care of Marten and cleaning the mess....

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #67 on: 13 Dec 2010, 13:19 »

While I don't think we'll be seeing Veronica this week (damn TSA holding her up)
I would love to see Jeph handle that. He's never been much of a political animal, though, more's the pity.
True, but there could be much humor in a screener scanning Veronica's tools of her trade...    :police:    
(hey, she might bring some on a rare visit; a chance to see an east coast client while she's 'in town'...)  
 :-o  "...Ahem, Ma'am, is this trip business or pleasure...?"  "Both!"  :-D

Thanks, raoulferre!  I was gonna put some words to that tune, but you're much better at it than me. (than I?)

And multiple-choice poll for sure this time - I'll bet many  of us would have chosen V's visit and  Dora's therapy.

And while i approve of reigning in silly, bizarre, out-of-character speculation  (it's usually not even funny)  I wonder about the random poll entries too...  Mieville and Winslow running away? Why?  And a month of YB&R wouldn't be in character for Jeph.  

*  he did speak out against a ballot initiative that would have trampled gay/lesbian rights;  I think it's probably wise to be selective in his position, else be seen as too ... something.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 14:33 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #68 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:08 »

Marten was the creepy one in the relationship with Vicky, though (already argued this out in another thread several months ago), so I don't think we want to go through that one again (short version: She broke up with him, he moved to follow her anyway and she wasn't assertive enough to tell him to fuck off until after a week of continuous phone calls).

Yes.  I get the feeling that, despite the few prior GF's, Marten's level of inexperience made him clingy, and prompted some really  bad judgements. 

Faye did treat Marten like shit pretty much continuously until the comic evolved into them genuinely being friends instead of Marten being the Nice Guy that let the Girl He Is Attracted To move in (with her being very well aware of it)

Again, I have to agree.  It was an easy hook for Jeph to use early in the comic, provided humor and character development possibilities, but like most Nice GuyTM storylines, it was juvenile and could have gone creepy. 

and Dora chased after Marten because she saw a readily available doormat that she could walk all over (and she broke up with him when he finally redeveloped a spine).

OK, now here is where I differ with you.  Dora found Marten attractive, you don't use the term "dashing young man" lightly.  She wasn't going to do anything about it at first, deferring to Faye's surmised prior claim.  When the coast was clear, she still agonized over the decision, leading to the current state of her neuroses.  She'd been going through some changes, leaving the goth world (and her former dating pool) behind, and found a man whose appearance turned her on (what else do any of us first react to, anyway?) and who was available.  I'm not saying that she felt Marten was a "new indy outlook" accessory, but after her prior experience she was probably thinking that she'd like to see how the other half lived.  She wasn't looking for spineless, and I don't think Marten is (we'll probably always  disagree over this point), but I think I can safely say that a doormat was the last  thing she was looking for.  And it wasn't his spine (suddenly developed or otherwise) that made her break up with him.  It was the fact that she was making them both  miserable, and finally saw it.  She had an epiphany of sorts, and it cost her something dear. 

Sorry, but Dora was just not acting out of malice, as you'd have it. 

And yes, Marten is a nice guy.  That doesn't make him a Nice GuyTM.  He's grown, and seems to have a handle on the creepy thing.  He's still pretty clueless, but when you're in a relationship where the other person laughs off their worries, you'd be pretty clueless too, unless you were unnecessarily paranoid. 

And, now that I've gotten dangerously close to analysing you, I'll quit. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #69 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:08 »

It's about time; Marten's cleaned up enough Faye puke that he's got plenty of puke payback in the bank.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #70 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:31 »

What precisely is with all the people who are talking about Faye getting mad at Marten for drinking?

Faye's not stupid. If she goes after Marten for drinking, that's a dumptruck full of hypocrisy on her part, considering that she broke out the emergency bourbon for herself just before they broke up. And it's been made pretty clear that hypocrisy is one of the few things that Marten will actually get pissed off about.

More likely is her joining him to keep him from continuing to drink alone. Funnier than that would be her inviting some other friends over, for a party Marten is way too drunk to stop.

And I am very much looking forward to Faye's reaction to learning Veronica is flying in, although I'm not entirely sure whether it'll be horror or laughter.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #71 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:35 »

Likely relief, knowing Bosch-lady isn't coming after HER.

Marten's easy-going attitudes and comfort with strong women means over time he'll get the gamut of their treatment, from heaping helpings of love and support to occasional harsh treatment.  It's a part of his persona, and overall, I'd say he's comfortable with the mix.  (Well, maybe not right NOW, after Dora abandoned him...)  

But I see his mother sweeping in to comfort and help her pup, a good example of strong-woman benificence.

"...puke-payback..."     :lol:
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 14:47 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #72 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:55 »

Faye? Mama Bear instinct? I can see that, but i can't see Faye as a person that acts non-violently, like taking care of Marten and cleaning the mess....

What, you think she'll walk away, go to bed and leave him to wake up face down in his own puke?

...actually, I can see Faye doing that. It'd be funnier too, along with the aftermath. Would delight the Faye-haters though, as well as maybe add to their ranks.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Boomslang

« Reply #73 on: 13 Dec 2010, 14:59 »

What, you think she'll walk away, go to bed and leave him to wake up face down in his own puke?

...actually, I can see Faye doing that. It'd be funnier too, along with the aftermath. Would delight the Faye-haters though, as well as maybe add to their ranks.

Seriously, if Faye walks past Marten in that condition, and doesn't at least call Hanners or Steve, then a lot of people's opinions on Faye are going to do a 180, because that would be revealing some very messed up stuff about her. I don't consider it a reasonable possibility, and after all Marten has done for Faye, I don't think it's in character for her at all.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #74 on: 13 Dec 2010, 15:29 »

Old Faye might've done that; Present-Day-Faye absolutely would not, I don't think.

Or actually accidentally missing it, and then Faye suspecting that she chickened out and bringing the wrath.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #75 on: 13 Dec 2010, 15:58 »

Seriously, if Faye walks past Marten in that condition, and doesn't at least call Hanners or Steve, then a lot of people's opinions on Faye are going to do a 180, because that would be revealing some very messed up stuff about her. I don't consider it a reasonable possibility, and after all Marten has done for Faye, I don't think it's in character for her at all.

If Faye has to tend to a besotted Marten and ends up with a lap full of puke, I will laugh heartily.  But then, I am a big fan of the turning of the (mezcal) worm, and all that.

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #76 on: 13 Dec 2010, 17:58 »

Re: vomit discussions. Hannelore has engaged in emesis, strip 927. Marten has already thrown up on Faye, 1146.

Marten needs Faye's friendship now. This is hitting him worse than, for example, the layoff. There may be a nurturing and supportive side of her that we'll finally get to see.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #77 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:06 »

strip 927

(1) I bow to your superior Archive-Fu.

(2) Muchos gracias for reminding me how hilarious the Beatrice strips are.

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #78 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:46 »

NO.

Please discuss possibilities that plausibly fit the characters in the comic, and the way the comic is written - not your fantasies.
<snip>

Most Unintentionally Funny Mod post of the year.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
  • TAQUITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #79 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:48 »

i'm betting Faye joins him, and then through drunken bad decision making they end up sleeping with each other
I will mail a flaming box of poop to the first person who suggests I "haven't met the right person".

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #80 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:56 »

So what's on store for us this week?

MOAR PINTSIZE!!!!!!11!!!!    - 1 (0.9%)
A month's worth of Yelling Bird and Randy.    - 5 (4.3%)
Dora's first therapy sesssion.    - 19 (16.5%)
Angus and Faye dating    - 3 (2.6%)
Veronica shows up.    - 58 (50.4%)
Hanners drinks Marten under the table.    - 7 (6.1%)
Mieville and Winslow run away.    - 0 (0%)
Cosette burns down COD.    - 3 (2.6%)
Waffles.    - 7 (6.1%)
Beast of Bourbon FTW!    - 12 (10.4%)

Total Voters: 115
Just another Joe like 46

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #81 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:24 »

(1) I bow to your superior Archive-Fu.
In this case jwhouk deserves the credit. I used his summary of the contents of every strip. The Hannermom series all took places  during one of the gaps in ohnorobot's coverage.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #82 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:28 »

Actually, I see the possibility of a wonderful piece of turnabout in this. Here's hoping…

I don't see that ("Marten's tendency to go after women that treat him like shit") as a realistic judgement based on what we actually know, though.  He and Vicky were fine for a while, but then grew apart and ended unsatisfactorily, which is not an uncommon stage in life; Faye he hankered after, but she didn't treat him like shit (play-punching and being unavailable aren't enough to qualify); and Dora, well, she  chased him,  and didn't treat him like shit until sometime after they were together.
As I've said before, Marten seems to prefer strong women women who appear to be strong. I have to agree with Odin on Vicky—that was a mistake on Marten's part. However, Dora would have been a Good Move had it not been for her hidden alternate self—Marten got sucked in by Business Dora and Social Dora, and only got to meet screwed-up Relationship Dora after he'd already committed (oh, yeah, still bridling at that) himself. As for Faye, I've a quibble—are we now calling knocking Marten on the floor a 'play punch'? Yes, that one still bothers me, too. I know it was over-done for comedic effect, but it still troubles me. Other than that, though, I agree, seeing that she A) came clean and B) didn't really resent that Marten moved on. Regretted, maybe, but never resented Marten for it. That's class.

What it boils down to, I think, is that Marten needs to find a woman who is what she seems to be. (Cynical me says 'Good Luck with that one!" After all, is anyone these days? Or ever?)

You know, looking at his experiences with a critical eye, I'd say Marten's real problem is he can only focus on one girl at a time—Sara comes to mind. Poor girl never had a chance, I suspect—Marten was already set on Faye. Really…

(Oh god. Oh, no, not that, anythin—OH GOD! Blargh! Arrhhgg! Bleeaah!)

<applies cold compress to forehead>

Sigh. Really, maybe Marten needs to hang around with Sven a little and learn how not to have quite so much tunnel vision. At the same time, perhaps Sven-boy could learn that at some point one must stop and consider the possibilities of the One, rather than How Many one can, er, bag.

That was rather painful on several levels. Okay. Let the scorning begin.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 19:34 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #83 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:29 »

Okay, I'm going to admit something: I'm lost as to a new poll topic.

Suggestions?
Just another Joe like 46

Boomslang

« Reply #84 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:40 »

Okay, I'm going to admit something: I'm lost as to a new poll topic.

Suggestions?

"Who'll get their lap vomited into next?"

Seems we've already gotten into the discussion for it, and Jeph clearly does not shy away from using it for comedic effect. Although if he realizes we've caught on, he'll probably never use it again.

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #85 on: 13 Dec 2010, 19:48 »

"what will faye do when she finds marten passed out on the couch?"
I will mail a flaming box of poop to the first person who suggests I "haven't met the right person".

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #86 on: 13 Dec 2010, 21:21 »

Difficult poll. Naturally, I should vote for Faye's lap, as that was what I was alluding to earlier. But Pintsize deserves to be filled to the brim with hurl.

Trouble is, the little ass would probably like it. He'd dash around showing it to people and calling himself "Master Pukebucket" or somesuch.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #87 on: 13 Dec 2010, 22:24 »

honestly i just want bad things to happen to vespavenger, i don't care what, but being puked on would be an awesome start

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #88 on: 13 Dec 2010, 22:37 »

How about a poll about what Veronica Reed will do when she comes into town? Some options that come to mind readily are insightful advice, consoling Marten, reassuring Dora, knitting a Breakup Hat, and of course Bosch paintings.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #89 on: 13 Dec 2010, 22:48 »

You know, looking at his experiences with a critical eye, I'd say Marten's real problem is he can only focus on one girl at a time—Sara comes to mind. Poor girl never had a chance, I suspect—Marten was already set on Faye. Really…

From all appearances Marten never realised she was interested, and she's the one that broke it off.  Now, granted, Marten never really pursued the possibility, but neither did Sara really "put herself out there", so to speak.  And by the time she got up the nerve to ask... it was to turn him down.  Marten, of course, beyond the passing fantasy from the first post I linked, was totally oblivious.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #90 on: 13 Dec 2010, 22:59 »

Is it cold in here: Might keep that one in reserve, depending on what happens tonight.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 23:10 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #91 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:06 »

I believe that Marten will puke onto Angus in final indication of his full acceptance into the group, a ritual recognizing him as equal and ally. Those whom Marten bestows his vomit upon are his closest companions, the members of his family, as it were.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

galarant

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #92 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:21 »

No Hanners, come back!

He needs comfort...

That can, of course, be taken quite innocently.  However, in the light of your previous posts, I suspect that wasn't what you meant. Tsk, tsk.

Oh come now I don't think there's any tsking necessary. We all know what Marten wants (and what he needs) even if he would never admit it to himself. As for Hanners...she is absolutely crippled by neuroses and is seriously lacking in experience for her age. Maybe if Emergency Bourbon turned into Emergency Sex then it would end up better for everybody!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #93 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:32 »

We all know what Marten wants (and what he needs) even if he would never admit it to himself.

So where's the evidence to suggest this?  Just wishing it to be so isn't enough.  Without evidence, this goes nowhere.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 23:47 by pwhodges »

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #94 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:39 »

Now now, don't bait the young man.  :laugh:
Just another Joe like 46

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #95 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:45 »

There is positively no evidence that Hanners has a romance (or to use fancy Homestuck terms)/matespritship with Marten.

...They might have a moirallegiance kind of thing going on? But it's mostly on Hanners' side. More likely they're just friends.

(have I been reading too much Homestuck? maybe. but I find the trolls' romance-quadrants are quite useful.)
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 23:53 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #96 on: 14 Dec 2010, 00:09 »

Faye's bra disappearing into the Bermuda Triangle that is Angus's apartment was not what I was expcting.

Still, it's good to know that somebody in QC-land is getting some action.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #97 on: 14 Dec 2010, 00:11 »

Angus: Marigold, how many bras do you have on?

Marigold: Wh-what?

Faye: Hey I found it!

Angus: Oh ok nevermind. 'Night! *shuts door*

Marigold: ...
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Sharp

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Hanging the toilet paper upside down.
« Reply #98 on: 14 Dec 2010, 00:12 »

Hah! Ah the old post-makeout clothes searchTM. Watch out now, you stop paying attention for one minute and then BAM: clothes start "disappearing" like mad! And Angus' shirt is even open a bit! Looks like Faye is more forceful than I had expected!  :-D

Now I could guess as to what Marigold is doing, but I'm sure she's just wishing they'd keep it down and turn off that damn music!
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #99 on: 14 Dec 2010, 00:19 »

Well hey fuck yeah Angus. Although dang, Faye, you still have room to chill the fuck out sometimes, I really don't think Angus, at this point, would be going for a trophy bra.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up