THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 20:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC as a show on Adult Swim.  (Read 18953 times)

hannahsaurusrex

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Took the bomp from the bompalompalomp
Re: QC as a show on Adult Swim.
« Reply #50 on: 03 Jan 2011, 16:45 »

I wouldn't want a show on adult swim, I'd much prefer it to be independent. Like Blind Ferret but better.
It'd be cool if once a month there was like a 5 minute animated glimpse at an alternate story. Or if eventually it could all be animated.

But I'm not getting my hopes up
Overheard quote: "I ain't afraid of no 'RYAN'"

Odal

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #51 on: 05 Jan 2011, 03:07 »

TV sucks.  It's an insult to even suggest QC should be on such a lowly medium  :x

Oh noes!  :cry: Eye sorry.
It's okay, I forgive you.  I admit that I may be a little harsh with my TV hatred, but it's the way I am.
Not all  TV sucks, just most of it.  There are a few (very few) things that TV does well, but I can't see QC being one of them.
I'm sure you're right, but I refuse to bother with TV at all.  I haven't really watched TV for about 7 or 8 years.  I was around 15 or 16 when I gave up on it.  I can think of about ten thousand things I'd rather be doing.

Bass Lizard

• Plantmonster
  • Genetically Enginered to RAWK!
« Reply #52 on: 08 Jan 2011, 20:31 »

Man, not as much love for Adultswim on here as I thought. :laugh: Yeah, yeah, alot of the shows are pretty stupid. But to be fair, after wokring a double hour shift and coming home at midnight, and your brain is just a little too fried to apperciate complex plots and 3-demesional characters, those shows kickass. Or additonal, if you made the tragic mistake of smoking too much pot late in the day, and in typical stoner fashion, failed to make any plans. Adultswim rock for that too.

Though to be fair, there are some truly entertaining and smart shows on that block. Venture Brothers gets mentioned alot here with reason. If you're even an 8th a nerd, watch it now. And I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Metalocalypse is another awesome show. A cartoon about a sociopathic death metal band, who may or may not be part of a prohpecy to end the world. Did I mention that the show band "Dethklok" is in fact a real band? And did I mention that all the music ( a new song per episode) is performed and wrritten by one very talented Brendon Small? And that he voices three of the five band members writes and produces the show? And was invited to perform at one very special Golden Gods Award ceromony? Yeah, if you love metal, comedy, and brutality, check the show out.

DIE FOR DETHKLOK! (throws horns)
"She's a chick. She's got a sword. She hasn't seen a man in like forever! I fail to see a pro- oh, there you go.."

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #53 on: 08 Jan 2011, 20:48 »

For some reason, while imagining a QC TV show I keep thinking of the show Mission Hill, not really the same exactly but I could see a similar humor style working.

I always thought it would be a mix of Mission Hill and that Clerks animated series that lasted 6 episodes.

Proof?

Uuuuuuuugh.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2011, 21:00 by bicostp »

Bass Lizard

• Plantmonster
« Reply #54 on: 08 Jan 2011, 20:54 »

Proof?

Uuuuuuuugh.

Of course! Why didn't I see it before? It's brilliant! :-D
"She's a chick. She's got a sword. She hasn't seen a man in like forever! I fail to see a pro- oh, there you go.."

AsinineAxioms

• Plantmonster
  • Longtime Lurker
    • Asinine Axioms
« Reply #55 on: 08 Jan 2011, 23:12 »

Bass Lizard

• Plantmonster
« Reply #56 on: 09 Jan 2011, 08:52 »

Oh, that's what that was! Sorry, it's been awhile since I read Scott Pilgrim. Hey speaking of which, dude...That getting an adlut swim show! Maybe flesh out those 2-deminsola charcaters abit more. I remeber the only thing I hated about Scott Pilgrim was it just ENDED. Love to see where that would go.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #57 on: 09 Jan 2011, 09:52 »

Not a big of Scott Pilgrim, I gather?

It tries too hard to pander to the "I was an awkward kid in high school" demographic. The characters are supposed to be appealing, but they're so full of themselves that all I want to do is punch them.

AsinineAxioms

• Plantmonster
  • Longtime Lurker
    • Asinine Axioms
« Reply #58 on: 10 Jan 2011, 18:24 »

Not a big of Scott Pilgrim, I gather?

It tries too hard to pander to the "I was an awkward kid in high school" demographic. The characters are supposed to be appealing, but they're so full of themselves that all I want to do is punch them.
I disagree. I think the entire [comic] series is built up upon how unappealing the characters are. Scott is a total prick, Ramona is a whore, Sex Bob-omb are a terrible band, Knives is a stalker, Envy is a diva... I could go on and on. The merit of the series is derived from how the characters grow and develop into mature, more generally decent people.

I mean, I could say the same things about early QC, as much as I loved the first few hundred QCs. I could argue that it tried too hard to pander to the "I am a twenty-something [indie] music snob" demographic. The characters, while being appealing, were also so full of self-confidence problems that I often wanted to punch them. Martin didn't have a spine, Faye led Martin on, Dora was a tease, etc, etc.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #59 on: 11 Jan 2011, 15:39 »

I haven't watched adult swim in a while, but I used to be really fond of their anime nights.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #60 on: 13 Jan 2011, 08:43 »

While I don't really want to see QC on Adult Swim, or any other television for that matter, I wholly believe that Jeph could pull it off if that was the direction that he wanted to go in.

Oh, and over the years of reading this, I've done a hell of a lot more than just chuckle.  There are many many times where I have quite literally had to catch my breath from laughing so damn hard, because Jeph got something exactly right, and I know precisely what the characters are talking about/feeling.  THAT is just about damn near perfect for comedy.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up