Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moment of the Week Time:

"Coffee tastes so much better when it's made by a beautiful woman."
- 6 (7.5%)
But doesn't that FREAK YOU OUT?
- 16 (20%)
He was trying to flirt with you. (Well he wasn't very good at it!)
- 11 (13.8%)
Padma vs. Faye!
- 3 (3.8%)
Muay Thai vs. Punch-fu (Savannah-style)
- 2 (2.5%)
Would you PLEASE stop SPARRING in the middle of the STREET
- 8 (10%)
Ed Bronchovsky's in Greenfield
- 0 (0%)
The big oven explosion of '98.
- 1 (1.3%)
Glass eye and the twitch
- 1 (1.3%)
We miss you... everyone but Renee
- 0 (0%)
Gee, that romantic arc sounds awfully familiar.
- 0 (0%)
She even LOOKS like you, Faye...
- 0 (0%)
So I have a type!
- 0 (0%)
She's even CRANKY like Renee!
- 1 (1.3%)
It's not the only reason I like you.
- 0 (0%)
Hidden core of pure, molten bitchnium
- 8 (10%)
MY eventual goal is to be an evil millionaire...
- 1 (1.3%)
I am your type, after all.
- 22 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 7-11 February 2011 (1856-1860)  (Read 75131 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: WCDT 7-11 February 2011 (1856-1860)
« Reply #150 on: 09 Feb 2011, 16:56 »

Your opinion of Padma?

The name fits her.    - 14 (13.5%)
I thought she was more of a "Tasha".    - 7 (6.7%)
So, is she Angus' ex or something?    - 9 (8.7%)
Those cakes she makes are really great!    - 4 (3.8%)
Meh, I preferred PseuDora.    - 4 (3.8%)
Good looking AND she knows kung fu.    - 30 (28.8%)
No, I think that's more Tai Chi.    - 3 (2.9%)
QC: now into MMA!    - 9 (8.7%)
What would happen if she ran into Dora?    - 12 (11.5%)
I want my Pintsize fix!    - 1 (1%)
Wonder if she makes waffles. [##] (#)    - 11 (10.6%)

Total Voters: 104
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #151 on: 09 Feb 2011, 20:14 »

The authority I say it with is because I was inundated in their culture for four years while dating my ex, a Gujrati girl, and as hip 20-somethings, they openly attached ABCD and FOB to the correctly identified persons. They also wondered amongst themselves as to their exact identity, given they were expected to be good Indian girls yet good American girls as well, a state of being that made some of them wonder that despite their completely Indian makeup and bloodline, if they themselves were not actually "half-breeds." And I say typical because direct observation as well as what they told me themselves revealed that the vast majority of them suffer that issue, and react to it in different ways, but all of them are caught in a net of "melting pot" that contradicts and confuses them.
Sure, I have confused feelings about my Chinese and Australian "selves" too, but there is a huge difference between members of a minority saying things about themselves, and having it said about them by non-members. You can't understand what growing up and living as a member of an ethnic and cultural minority is like by "doing research" at second hand, and it's pretty offensive (IMHO) for anyone who hasn't shared the often-unpleasant experience to make jokes about it.

Should I have put in bold that I'm Colombian? That I am a cultural and ethnic minority where I live, more so because the vast majority of Hispanics in the US are Mexican, which is very much culturally different from my own heritage? Should I have added that my first language was Spanish and I didn't learn English until I was six years old? Should I add that I do not feel any particular connection to the American culture I am surrounded with and identify first and foremost with my Colombian heritage? Should I add that my ex is now my ex at least in part because she could not reconcile the good Indian girl with the good American girl struggle? Or do you want to stay on your soap box and feeling high and mighty over...what?

"Nobody can understand without living it first?" So clearly the entire topic of a parent's suicide cannot be done unless your parent suicides, and it cannot be done well enough for it to be a case study in properly done drama in a web comic. Clearly, the additional pigment in my skin makes me utterly unable to comprehend what a guy with an epicanthic eyefold experiences and what girls with bindis feel and TELL ME THEY FEEL. Obviously, what a person says about their experience is utterly unreliable, thereby rendering thousands of years of researching methodology invalid because a person said something and others corroborated it.

I continue to wonder why you're deliberately ignoring the fact that I would like it tastefully done. Get off your soap box already.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #152 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:11 »

She takes a swing at Faye for no reason, now she's causing relationship drama, I like this chick less and less.
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

enigmamf

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #153 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:17 »

Agree with other posters. Padma is angling for a deal with CoD to become their pastry supplier. But surely she knows that Dora is the one calling the shots?

Anyway it seems to me that:
  • tSB is first and foremost a bakery (look at that selection of bread and pastries). They serve coffee on the side.
  • CoD is first and foremost a cafeteria. They serve pastries on the side. Location (near SMIF?) helps CoD. Also the business model based on sass.

We may eventually have a showdown between Dora and Padma (= the famous Northampton Coffee Party that will be in the history books two generations down the road). They can probably also peacefully coexist. An additional plus is that Jeph can then use the same pastry tray drawings at both shops without nitpicking complaints, if Dora accepts this business proposal.

Well we know that money has always been tight. Maybe some sort of business agreement would be mutually beneficial? CoD supplies the caffeine, TSB the carbs...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #154 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:24 »

Wow, Angus awkwardness brought about not by what he said but by what someone else said.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #155 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:26 »

Blacksword, telling Akima to "get off her soapbox" isn't really helping your point.

Sure, you're Colombian, but Jeph is not. I don't necessarily agree that it's impossible for a white American to cover such topics but it's bloody difficult, and the comparison to covering trauma related to the suicide of someone close to you isn't really apt. Such trauma isn't a constant battlefield of belittlement and passive-aggressive attacks the way racism is.

Also, most people with a developed sense of empathy could probably have a fairly good idea of how horrendous seeing your father kill yourself would be. At least well enough to work it into a webcomic. The subtleties of living as an ethnic minority is a lot more complicated and difficult! It's an interesting idea but I don't really blame Akima from having an instinctive reaction of "oh hell no!"

[/OT] Also, I am quite over Faye behaving like that. For christ's sake. It's not a big deal - it's her character, and it's a webcomic so by nature somewhat exaggerated. But I really fucking hate the idea that either partner should have to walk on eggshells wrt past relationships, and particularly that it's natural that the woman in a heterosexual relationship is entitled to be aggressive and go so far as to "punish" their boyfriend in such scenarios. Boo.  :x

ZERO

• Plantmonster
« Reply #156 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:37 »

God, I screamed like a woman reading today's comic.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #157 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:48 »

Please, people, calm down over the minorities matter.

Everyone's experience is different for a myriad reasons; but if this means that only they can ever say anything about it, the logical ending of that is the ghetto-isation of society - of which we have too much already.  What is required is not soapboxes and insults, but sympathetic discussion leading towards more understanding.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #158 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:51 »

Also, I am quite over Faye behaving like that. For christ's sake. It's not a big deal - it's her character, and it's a webcomic so by nature somewhat exaggerated. But I really fucking hate the idea that either partner should have to walk on eggshells wrt past relationships, and particularly that it's natural that the woman in a heterosexual relationship is entitled to be aggressive and go so far as to "punish" their boyfriend in such scenarios. Boo.  :x

Eh, there's a difference between having trouble dealing with exes in general, and having trouble with the idea that your boyfriend's ex:
a) Has a similar physical type
b) Has a similar personality (which she'd know because of their conversations when Angus started coming back to CoD)
c) Has an eerily similar romantic storyline, that evidence suggests was beginning AT THE SAME TIME.  Angus was coming into CoD to get sassed by Faye, then he disappears for a while, then he shows back up explaining that his new ex-gf hated CoD and didn't want him going there.

If I were Faye I'd be bugged at this point too.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #159 on: 09 Feb 2011, 23:55 »

Oh ... oh ... oh ...

I dont like where this is going.

I agree, this is creepy.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2011, 23:59 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #160 on: 10 Feb 2011, 00:01 »

This had better resolve itself....else il be one sad panda  (damned you, emotional investment in a character >.>)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #161 on: 10 Feb 2011, 00:04 »

<snip>

Why?

Because the person you're dating now used to date someone who shares a few of your own characteristics?

That when you weren't ready to date anybody, he was dating someone else rather than sitting at home obsessing about your unavailability?

There are nearly seven BILLION people in the world, if you are "one in a million" that means there are 7000 others just like you.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Or you are...

Maybe Renee was a lot like Faye, but more intense. Maybe she's bitchy to people and doesn't even feel bad, to the point that she barely has a conscience.

Maybe Renee is just like Faye, but dialed all the way up to ELEVEN!

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #162 on: 10 Feb 2011, 00:27 »

Am too a beautiful and unique snowflake!  So there!    :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'd probably get over it pretty quickly, but the fact that he was going to two different places at the same time to flirt with two different people who have a lot in common, at least superficially, and that after dating the other one and it not working out he came back to me?

Sure, Faye wasn't emotionally ready to date anyone when Angus and Renee started dating, but that doesn't mean she can't be upset that he started going with Plan A and now she's Plan B.  Sure, if things had been different, maybe it would have been the other way around.  But maybe not.  And while it's somewhat irrational, it still hurts.  Just like it hurt watching Dora and Marten be happy together less than a week after finally developing the courage to tell Marten that it can't happen between them.

Consider what else Faye could be seeing here, too.  Marten and Dora just broke up because Dora couldn't get over feeling like she was Marten's replacement for an unavailable Faye.  Now Faye finds out that Angus's ex is similar to her, could be a little irrationality going on with "this won't work he's only dating me because on some level he misses Renee".  Hell, when he came back, he even SAID that he was looking for a good hard rebound sass!

Sharp

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Hanging the toilet paper upside down.
« Reply #163 on: 10 Feb 2011, 00:33 »

Huh, the way I saw it wasn't "Angus is creepy," so much as "Angus doesn't have much game."

i.e. He really only knows one way of getting to know/interacting with women.

If he is attracted to snarky, clever women, and Faye was like that, and Renee was like that, then it's understandable that he would use similar methods in interacting with them. Dear God, that last sentence is probably a grammatical mine-field, but I am far too tired to check.  

EDIT: I don't think that Angus was doing what people think he was doing...From what I gather it went down like this:

"Hmm, well Faye is cool and fun to riff with. And Renee is cool and fun to riff with. Now Faye is not really warming up to me, but it looks like I have a shot at something with Renee."

or maybe Renee made the first move, hell, we don't know! Don't assasinate his character yet folks! We're all human!
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

akronnick

« Reply #164 on: 10 Feb 2011, 00:43 »

Maybe he was so mortified after the "Bottle of DeGraves" incident that he wasn't comfortable enough to show his face at CoD, so he went to tSB, started sassing with Renee, and that led to a relationship.

Then, for whatever reason, that ended, and he decided to steer clear of tSB but he still needed his daily dose of caffeine and sass.

As I recall, when he came back to CoD, he wasn't really laying on the flirt as much as before, but YMMV.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #165 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:17 »

So Marten has reason to avoid CoD, and Angus has reason to avoid tSB; where will it all end?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #166 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:36 »

So Marten has reason to avoid CoD, and Angus has reason to avoid tSB; where will it all end?

Well, there is the theory that such people at last will meet in a coffeeshop in the middle between A and B. But that is bringing a critical mass together. Some say, this is what happened in the Great Oven Explosion of '98.

9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #167 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:38 »

Huh, the way I saw it wasn't "Angus is creepy," so much as "Angus doesn't have much game." i.e. He really only knows one way of getting to know/interacting with women.

If he is attracted to snarky, clever women, and Faye was like that, and Renee was like that, then it's understandable that he would use similar methods in interacting with them.
Yes, I'd see it that way too. Padma, like Angus himself, maybe needs to work on that internal censor. Unless, of course, she has it in for Angus and is trying to mess things up for him. Maybe she is a friend of Renee's?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #168 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:52 »

You guys I think some of you got it backwards. Angus met Faye first, she kept rejecting him, he meets this Renee at a party (Renee almost has to be the other as yet-unnamed SB barista), they hit it off because she reminds him of Faye, they date, he gets burned, Angus tries again with the girl he's liked better all along anyway. Renee was the substitute Faye, Faye isn't the substitute Renee.

Maybe Renee was a lot like Faye, but more intense. Maybe she's bitchy to people and doesn't even feel bad, to the point that she barely has a conscience.

This is an interesting idea.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #169 on: 10 Feb 2011, 02:16 »

You guys I think some of you got it backwards. Angus met Faye first, she kept rejecting him, he meets this Renee at a party (Renee almost has to be the other as yet-unnamed SB barista), they hit it off because she reminds him of Faye, they date, he gets burned, Angus tries again with the girl he's liked better all along anyway. Renee was the substitute Faye, Faye isn't the substitute Renee.
Ooooh ! Yes, you're totally right !
Carpe Diem

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #170 on: 10 Feb 2011, 02:27 »

Faye's self-sabotage module is looking for excuses to torpedo any impending relationship. A normal woman might have felt slighted, and Faye's SSM may seize upon this.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

hannahsaurusrex

• Took the bomp from the bompalompalomp
« Reply #171 on: 10 Feb 2011, 02:38 »

Now I'm really scared Marten's gonna meet Renee.

Dora and Padma
Faye and Renee

Whose doppleganger will be named next?!?!
Overheard quote: "I ain't afraid of no 'RYAN'"

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #172 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:23 »

Renee may be dialed up to eleven but Faye is clearly over 9,000.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #173 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:24 »

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #174 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:33 »

You, sir, deserve props.  :-D
- Alvin

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #175 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:36 »

Clearly it will end in a bar somewhere... several panels of drinking while wearing fancy hats...   Someone will say something insightful and there will be a punchline.

*slaps $5 on the table*

Antario

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #176 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:51 »

your on

*slaps €5 on the table*

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #177 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:11 »

His on what?

/grammarjokes
- Alvin

Antario

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #178 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:15 »

His on what?

/grammarjokes

shouldnt that be 'he is on what?' ;o?

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #179 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:18 »

Angus simply needs to remember the Lodge's pledge from Red Green - "I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

The other key phrase is, "Yes dear, I accept all blame and/or responsibility."  Works for previous relationship drama, messing up dinner, forgetting to mail the phone bill in on time, the lousy movie you rented, the situation in the Middle East...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

akronnick

« Reply #180 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:26 »

Yes, except somebody forgot an apostrophe!

Clearly it will end in a bar somewhere... several panels of drinking while wearing fancy hats...   Someone will say something insightful and there will be a punchline.

*slaps $5 on the table*

No bet, that's what always happens!

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #181 on: 10 Feb 2011, 05:47 »

His on what?

/grammarjokes

It would be if you had said "you're on" before. You said "your on," which gives your sentence a slightly different meaning.
- Alvin

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #182 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:28 »

Now I'm really scared Marten's gonna meet Renee.

Dora and Padma
Faye and Renee

Whose doppleganger will be named next?!?!

Marten and Darren
Steve and Stan
Hannelore and Laura

(EDIT: Oh, I just had a thought: Stan Oliver and Laura Hardy....)
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 06:33 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Antario

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #183 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:32 »

grammar >.<

kent_eh

« Reply #184 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:44 »

Angus simply needs to remember the Lodge's pledge from Red Green - "I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Or their lodge motto would work as well..

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"  

(AKA:  "When all else fails, play dead")
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 06:46 by kent_eh »

tbones

« Reply #185 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:55 »

<snip>

Why?

Because the person you're dating now used to date someone who shares a few of your own characteristics?

That when you weren't ready to date anybody, he was dating someone else rather than sitting at home obsessing about your unavailability?

There are nearly seven BILLION people in the world, if you are "one in a million" that means there are 7000 others just like you.

That really, REALLY remind me of Tim Minchin's if i didn't have you

So, yeah, now this really looks like scott pilgrim. Faye has to defeat all Angus exes that have worked on a coffe shop or bakery.
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

El_Flesh

• BANNED
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #186 on: 10 Feb 2011, 07:17 »

wooo now we have the issue that will ultimately break up Angus n Faye.

Then she can fall (eventually) into Martin's skinny girly arms.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #187 on: 10 Feb 2011, 07:24 »

Is it me or does most everyone in this strip look for ways to sabotage themselves?
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.
« Reply #188 on: 10 Feb 2011, 07:37 »

<snip>

Why?

Or you are...

Maybe, but if someone told me that my boyfriend's ex sounded that much like me and he didn't refute it but instead perpetuated it by claiming he has a 'type', it'd weird me out too.  It makes you start to wonder whether they're with you because of who you are or if they're looking for a clone of the ex, the latter being an incredibly uncomfortable situation that usually ends very, very badly.

I can't fault Faye for being on-edge.

kent_eh

« Reply #189 on: 10 Feb 2011, 08:07 »

Is it me or does most everyone in this strip look for ways to sabotage themselves?

- holds mirror up to society 

Cybit

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #190 on: 10 Feb 2011, 08:28 »

As for the entire cultural thing: as an indian from the middle of the midwest, I don't really expect anyone to understand as much as just empathize.  No two people fall into the same situation, and hell, no two people are going to react to all events the same way.  We spend too much of our time looking for differences, when we should really be looking for the common ground that unites us all.

Ohhh boy, Angus has a type, eh?  Faye hopefully isn't going to use this as a reason to cut things off, or claim she's second place.  :=/  Whether Padma spilled the beans or not is irrelevant, Faye would have found out regardless. 

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #191 on: 10 Feb 2011, 08:41 »

does most everyone in this strip look for ways to sabotage themselves?

They don't need to; this forum will do it for them!

someone1074

« Reply #192 on: 10 Feb 2011, 08:46 »

That, and this is a webcomic. We need to remember that it's supposed to be written to entertain. Without these dramatic and pseudo-realistic developments...it would lose a lot of its appeal.

I don't see anything especially alarming or wild about Faye's reaction. She's just being consistent. At worst, I think it'll be settled in a week. I'm willing to bet it won't take that long though.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #193 on: 10 Feb 2011, 09:21 »

Yup. Most likely Faye and Angus will kiss and make up within a strip or three. But later, on her afternoon off and Angus at work, the imp of the perverse (or plain curiosity) will overcome Faye. She goes on a recon mission to check out Renee. She finally finds tSB and... sees Marten there flirting with Renee.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 09:22 by Skewbrow »
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #194 on: 10 Feb 2011, 09:41 »

Ooooh ! Yes, you're totally right !

That is an interesting theory.  Do we know the timeline of that for sure?
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #195 on: 10 Feb 2011, 10:20 »

Now, now, only SOME people sabotage themselves intentionally.  The rest of them do it accidentally, a consequence of not paying attention.  (Were it not for the un-self-aware, there might be no "Reality" programming, which . . . actually, I wouldn't mind.)

Whether Faye is over-reacting to the info about Angus' ex or not, Angus's behavior seems very Marten-esque these past couple of strips.  I'm hoping that his reaction during the apparently impending argument shows some of the differences between him and Marten.  And perhaps waffles could be involved. 

Oh, and hey!  Spam!

:psyduck:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #196 on: 10 Feb 2011, 10:45 »

Oh, and hey!  Spam!

<clicks fingers - gone>

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #197 on: 10 Feb 2011, 11:20 »

Oooooohhh....

When I click my fingers, the only thing that happens is the small dog thinks it's walkies, and the cats hide. 

Oh, and my wife tells me to stop clicking my fingers...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #198 on: 10 Feb 2011, 12:46 »

So, our Angus has a type.

It should be interesting if/when Faye and Renee meet.

Explosive combination?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #199 on: 10 Feb 2011, 13:08 »

It has just occurred to me that my daughter's middle name is Renee.  However she does not work in a bakery, she is a librarian. 

Hmmm.  Rereading the above, I think that it has an extremely tenuous relationship to the comic. 

On topic(?):  I wonder how many Fayes Renee will turn out to be.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up