Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moment of the Week Time:

"Coffee tastes so much better when it's made by a beautiful woman."
- 6 (7.5%)
But doesn't that FREAK YOU OUT?
- 16 (20%)
He was trying to flirt with you. (Well he wasn't very good at it!)
- 11 (13.8%)
Padma vs. Faye!
- 3 (3.8%)
Muay Thai vs. Punch-fu (Savannah-style)
- 2 (2.5%)
Would you PLEASE stop SPARRING in the middle of the STREET
- 8 (10%)
Ed Bronchovsky's in Greenfield
- 0 (0%)
The big oven explosion of '98.
- 1 (1.3%)
Glass eye and the twitch
- 1 (1.3%)
We miss you... everyone but Renee
- 0 (0%)
Gee, that romantic arc sounds awfully familiar.
- 0 (0%)
She even LOOKS like you, Faye...
- 0 (0%)
So I have a type!
- 0 (0%)
She's even CRANKY like Renee!
- 1 (1.3%)
It's not the only reason I like you.
- 0 (0%)
Hidden core of pure, molten bitchnium
- 8 (10%)
MY eventual goal is to be an evil millionaire...
- 1 (1.3%)
I am your type, after all.
- 22 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 7-11 February 2011 (1856-1860)  (Read 75116 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: WCDT 7-11 February 2011 (1856-1860)
« Reply #200 on: 10 Feb 2011, 14:12 »

That is an interesting theory.  Do we know the timeline of that for sure?
No, we're lacking the information on that.

Here's a weird thought. There's one character who doesn't engage in self-sabotage. Would you say that means she's the character with the best mental health? It's Hannelore.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Skelepunk

• Emoticontraindication
  • Set it on fire!
« Reply #201 on: 10 Feb 2011, 16:24 »

That is an interesting theory.  Do we know the timeline of that for sure?
No, we're lacking the information on that.
Here's a weird thought. There's one character who doesn't engage in self-sabotage. Would you say that means she's the character with the best mental health? It's Hannelore.
As someone who has dealt with mental illness presumably her whole life, I think Hannelore is the most self aware or all the characters, and knows how to not self sabotage. She knows how to monitor her own behaviour in a way the others do not. And so I'd have to agree with your observation.
We all have a cross we must bear.... as a blunt object to bludgeon others with.
 Purinpuff

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #202 on: 10 Feb 2011, 17:09 »

Sure, I'd probably get over it quickly, but the fact that he was going to two different places at the same time to flirt with two different people who have a lot in common, at least superficially, and that after dating the other one and it not working out he came back to me?    
       Um, yeah, that sounds like Life.

Sure, Faye wasn't emotionally ready to date anyone when Angus and Renee started dating, but that doesn't mean she can't be upset that he started going with Plan A and now she's Plan B.  
      You want to be upset because you're not Plan A?  
I'd estimate Angus' first crush ("Plan A") was probably before adolescence, so by his age now, whoever he meets is approximately Plan Z17B12.  
Seriously, you'd let that bother you?   

And while it's somewhat irrational, it still hurts.  
  Life is irrational and hurts; you don't need to add to it!
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 17:13 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

parvles

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #203 on: 10 Feb 2011, 18:18 »

I don't know, I think I would be kind of bothered by that. If my boyfriend's last girlfriend was someone who looked and talked like me, had the same attitude as I did, and worked the same job, it would be weird. Especially having had him tell me already that at the end of the relationship he had decided that his ex was a crazy bitch. For someone who is working on trust and opening up and needing to take things slow, knowing how much anger he had towards his ex and how similar you are to her is a little scary.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #204 on: 10 Feb 2011, 18:52 »

I think some of us are reading into this more than what's there. (Big surprise, right?)

Let's review:

• 375 is considered to be when "proto-Angus" appeared on the scene (during the "let's get a pizza" arc).
  • He was actually "named" after being tossed across the bar in 784.
  • The whole "break up with his ex" comment was about 1,000 strips later (1363).
  • The most recent strip with him and Faye before the "break up" strip was 1124, when he had the gastro-intestinal distress.

My suspicion: right after 900, he met Renee. She told him about the snail incident (which may have happened prior to the start of the strip); he was probably only seeing her from roughly 900 to 1363.

I don't think he was seeing her for all that long, personally.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #205 on: 10 Feb 2011, 18:52 »

You want to be upset because you're not Plan A?  
I'd estimate Angus' first crush ("Plan A") was probably before adolescence, so by his age now, whoever he meets is approximately Plan Z17B12.  
Seriously, you'd let that bother you?   

I wouldn't be bothered that he had girlfriends and/or crushes before me.  Wouldn't even be bothered if they all ran to a particular physical type or personality type or if for some reason he had a thing for people who worked my job.  This is a specific scenario where the prior girlfriend is all three at once and there's something squiffy about the timing of his relationship with her and his flirting with me.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #206 on: 10 Feb 2011, 18:53 »

What else happened in the Big Oven Explosion of '98?

Much Property Damage.    - 8 (10.4%)
Cruellers coated the countryside.    - 3 (3.9%)
Custard and Jelly fillings EVERYWHERE.    - 6 (7.8%)
No proof that Faye was anywhere nearby.    - 13 (16.9%)
There was much sorrow amongst Bakery fans.    - 5 (6.5%)
Ed lost a big toe in the explosion, too.    - 4 (5.2%)
The worst thing? The wafflemaker was destroyed!    - 13 (16.9%)
Vladek took over his old shop in NoHam.    - 7 (9.1%)
Pintsize didn't do it - he wasn't even built yet.    - 2 (2.6%)
Hanners' mom, however...    - 16 (20.8%)

Total Voters: 77

EDIT: Please don't yell at me because of one of the new poll options, okay? It was the only thing I could think of that was similar-yet-different.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 18:57 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

leahneedsanap

• Plantmonster
« Reply #207 on: 10 Feb 2011, 19:40 »

I don't know, I think I would be kind of bothered by that. If my boyfriend's last girlfriend was someone who looked and talked like me, had the same attitude as I did, and worked the same job, it would be weird. Especially having had him tell me already that at the end of the relationship he had decided that his ex was a crazy bitch. For someone who is working on trust and opening up and needing to take things slow, knowing how much anger he had towards his ex and how similar you are to her is a little scary.

I have actually had this happen to me.  A guy I was dating had previously dated a girl that I knew that looked EXACTLY like me--like, to the point that when she started going to my school people started asking me why I never mentioned I had a little sister (I didn't).  Only in that situation (and possibly in this one?) he had a thing for me long before she was around, and she was, in some ways, him settling for an alternate me.  Which is pretty creepy in hindsight, but I didn't know that when we started dating, and was actually resistant to dating him because I thought the reverse was true--that he was substituting me because he couldn't have her.  I hope that turns out NOT to be Faye's situation, because my ex turned out to be a total creepface in a myriad of awful ways, but I'm just saying, when it happens, it does feel a little weird and puts you on the defensive about the authenticity of someone's feelings.  Especially when you don't have any contrasting cases of other people they've dated to reduce the sketch factor.

But the more we talk about this, the more I feel like Faye might get a little taste of Dora's anxiety right after she started dating Marten--and by putting it in that context, it might actually make it easier for her to be like, "this is actually not a big deal and I'm not going to let it get me down," because she's seen where that road goes.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #208 on: 10 Feb 2011, 20:21 »

Might be interesting if, upon  noting Faye's relationship insecurity, *Dora* calls her on it. Dramedic tension ensues.
My guess is, the immediate crisis resolves within a strip or two, but the issue manifests later.
As to the comment about Hannelore being the most mentally healthy character in the strip in terms of being aware of her issues/problems and facing them ... yeah, I wanna go along with that because she's still my favorite character. I kinda hope Jeph brings back one of his occasional hints that Hanners is consciously and a little devilishly messin' with the others minds.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #209 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:39 »

Allow me to be the first to say "D'AAAWWWWWWW!!!!!"

Before all of the Angus haters lose their shit!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Dreyden

• Not quite a lurker
  • Herp Derp
« Reply #210 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:40 »

Angus and Faye are just too damn adorable  :-D

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #211 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:42 »

"I am your type, after all."

Quote of the year nominee.
Just another Joe like 46

knucklesandgyros

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #212 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:46 »

Not gonna lie, I did squee a little for the comic. I love Angus and Faye together (then again, I've liked them together since when Angus showed up in the ugly shirt and white belt just to get a reaction out of Faye. I thought it was cute) and this just reinforces it. I think that Angus is one of the few people who can go toe-to-toe intellectually with Faye and isn't intimidated by her (whether it's due to stupidity or arrogance, however, is up to your POV) I know there's other who still hold candles for Sven/Faye and even Marten/Faye, and that's all well and good but I just think that the metaphorical porridge is just right...at least until the steamboat finally slips and falls (and that would be rather entertaining after all!)
Personal Mantra: When in doubt, do it for the lulz

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #213 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:47 »

Angus and Faye are just too damn adorable  :-D

I agree, I was feeling kind of depressed before I read this comic, I am now happy through the power of adorable couple. Huzzah.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #214 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:52 »

Regarding the poll: I'm pretty sure Faye doesn't hate waffles.

Regarding the comic: Everyone say it with me. D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #215 on: 10 Feb 2011, 22:53 »

and now, The Make Outs.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #216 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:00 »

RELATIONSHIP DRAMA ZONE DEFEATED!

and may i add "d'awwwwwwwwwwww"
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #217 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:01 »

One question before I head out:

Where is "bitchnium" on the Periodic table?
Just another Joe like 46

Mustakyy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
« Reply #218 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:01 »

D'aaaaaaaaaaaawww!

If this wasnt a "adorable-overload"-moment, i dont know what is.
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Somniloquence

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #219 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:18 »

You know, it's bizarre. I haven't been really digging the Faye/Angus fluff. I don't know why. Just comes off...I don't know.

I do know that I'm excited for new characters. Padma and Renee seems like they could potentially be a lot of fun.

It's too bad that any romanticness of the main QC cast towards the Secret Bakery cast kind of automatically constitutes as being creepy.
"The aim of psychoanalysis is to relieve people of their neurotic unhappiness so that they can be normally unhappy."
--Sigmund Freud

anabatica

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #220 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:36 »

It's too bad that any romanticness of the main QC cast towards the Secret Bakery cast kind of automatically constitutes as being creepy.

No way. There's potential for a great Romeo and Juliet arc there.

Delator

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • In my own little world
« Reply #221 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:49 »

Regarding the comic: Everyone say it with me. D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

:lol:
No, I will never settle on a particular avatar.

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #222 on: 10 Feb 2011, 23:57 »

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I totally would have expected them to be in TSB right now ;o to booch their d'awww relationship, but their at angus's?  where did padma go? i thought faye would at least be curious about renee
but he certainly diffused faye's self destruct nuke with some tactical....similarities?  and faye is ssooooo about to jump his bones btw.....
he might not have 'game' as some suggested yesterday, but he certainly knows how to keep it together (instead of going uwww....welll.....uhmmm.... in panel 2)
he's good at getting his foot in his mouth, but now it came down to it he nailed it :)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #223 on: 11 Feb 2011, 00:34 »

Definitely down in the unstable Transuranic elements, I should think. Can't exist in nature, but constantly created in the nuclear fires of Faye's personality.

Angus proves once again, once he gets his game on, that he's a good match for Faye in every sense of the word (including setting her on fire occasionally). I definitely d'awww-ed.

I suppose it speaks for Jeph's writing that I've been thinking hard over the last couple of days about the whole "type" thing. QC is not just a comic. Kudos.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #224 on: 11 Feb 2011, 00:39 »

I really like how Faye looks in todays strip. There was a long stretch of time, probably from around strip 800 until now, where I wasn't feeling the way Jeph was drawing Faye. I could see how it fit it with the way he was drawing the rest of the characters, and I was fine with the way the rest of them looked, but I though Faye had lost some of the attractiveness she had in the earlier strips. This seems like a great mix of what I liked about her look circa 700 and Jephs current style.

Or maybe Jeph was deliberately holding back on Faye so that he could draw her radiant with the happiness of her relationship with Angus. :)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #225 on: 11 Feb 2011, 00:41 »

Yay ! Comic ! How wonderful !  :-D
Carpe Diem

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #226 on: 11 Feb 2011, 02:12 »

Definitely down in the unstable Transuranic elements, I should think. Can't exist in nature, but constantly created in the nuclear fires of Faye's personality.

That was my first thought, too. Mostly because the periodic table is kinda full all the way up to Uranium (and a bit beyond). We need more clues to place it more accurately. The only thing we can measure is its half-life. The most stable isotope of bitchnium seems to have decayed to ˝ Faye in about 1000 strips. Another isotope mellowed considerably within the space of one strip (from 1859 to 1860), and is now at a level that is impossible to gauge accurately.

The half-life of Plutonium 239 is 24000 years. IIRC the new heavy elements have half-lives measured in fractions of a second. Does this help?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

akronnick

« Reply #227 on: 11 Feb 2011, 02:18 »

...Does this help?

Not at all.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #228 on: 11 Feb 2011, 03:18 »

hmmm.. Everything went better than expected!?  :?

I was kind of looking forward to Faye getting all up in Angus' stuff -.-

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.
« Reply #229 on: 11 Feb 2011, 03:23 »

Oh, dear...the adorable is seeping through my monitor.  Yay!  :laugh:

Tetrinity

• Plantmonster
« Reply #230 on: 11 Feb 2011, 03:26 »

I'm sort of getting the "alkali metal" vibe from bitchnium. They both share the explosive properties under certain conditions, after all. Perhaps element 119, currently named ununennium, is the one we're looking for?

I too d'awwed at this strip. This is why their relationship is working out; it's basically a never-ending "sass-off", and that seems to be their type. :wink:

akronnick

« Reply #231 on: 11 Feb 2011, 03:42 »

Great.

Not only is she radioactive, she explodes if you get her wet!!! :psyduck:

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #232 on: 11 Feb 2011, 03:57 »

And this is unexpected how?

One the other hand- wet t-shirt contest!
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

TheBiscuit

• Furry furrier
« Reply #233 on: 11 Feb 2011, 04:02 »

Yesterday's comic promised much; the new one failed to deliver.

That said, as much as I would relish a sign that Faye and Angus have a less than utterly perfect relationship... this was pretty good. I know exactly the feeling. My own girlfriend loves to make me squirm in a similar way. The strip is very realistic from my perspective. I just don't know what to make of the fact that this relationship is too good to be true.

horsefish

• Emoticontraindication
  • Guybrarian
« Reply #234 on: 11 Feb 2011, 05:01 »

My guess is, the immediate crisis resolves within a strip or two, but the issue manifests later.

Nailed it so far; I agree that it will probably come up again.

I join the chorus of D'AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW.

The back and forth of their dialogue reminds me of listening to Baby, it's Cold Outside for some reason. 
The first rule of Book Club is you do not talk about Book Club.

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
  • Homeopathy. The air guitar of medicine.
« Reply #235 on: 11 Feb 2011, 05:33 »

Great.

snip

One the other hand- wet t-shirt contest!

... behind high strength Lexan shielding!

For blast protection and smooshing.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2011, 06:36 by Deadlywonky »
So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Naturally the first scientist won.

Irenfrea

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #236 on: 11 Feb 2011, 06:23 »

I for one expected some crisis or drama...

But forgot that we're talking about Faye, not Dora  :mrgreen:

TastyRoe

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Drow/Porpoise = +2 save
« Reply #237 on: 11 Feb 2011, 07:09 »

i liked this comic it was nice
for a few seconds every mon-fri i have a bit O fun reading QC today is no different
"Dolphin sex is both enjoyable and necessary"

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #238 on: 11 Feb 2011, 07:57 »

How else is Renee similar to Faye?

Her brother is gay.    - 2 (3.7%)
She tends to make appliances burst into flame.    - 19 (35.2%)
She has a pimple on her butt.    - 7 (13%)
She gets a Jamaican accent when drunk.    - 12 (22.2%)
Her dad killed her mother when she was little.    - 4 (7.4%)
She has a babushka in her closet.    - 1 (1.9%)
She never graduated from Smith.    - 0 (0%)
She hates waffles.    - 9 (16.7%)

Total Voters: 54
Just another Joe like 46

Cybit

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #239 on: 11 Feb 2011, 08:08 »

More D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww coming up, especially with Valentine's Day just around the corner.  >_< 

Also, good luck to those who are celebrating Valentine's day with a special someone, or attempting to start something with a special someone this weekend. 

Those of us that are single, if you live near Seattle, I have a lot of booze.... :D 

C8LINC

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #240 on: 11 Feb 2011, 09:39 »

Seattle? Booze? I'm in! (And here!)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #241 on: 11 Feb 2011, 10:13 »

If they ever have kids, they'd be an interesting mix.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #242 on: 11 Feb 2011, 10:15 »

With a sufficient mass of U-235, you don't even need to get it wet. You can take two subcritical lumps, and if you put a bucket of water in between them you get a blue flash and everybody nearby dies. The water acts as a moderator facilitating a slow-neutron chain reaction.

Alcohol would probably work as a moderator too, but that doesn't fit the Pugnacious Peach: she's a happy drunk.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #243 on: 11 Feb 2011, 11:03 »

I get an interesting "Roseanne and Dan Conner" vibe from these two.  It works because even though they both will sacrifice each other's feelings for a clever retort, they both know  it's what they do, and so they're able to read around it. 

Pair a person like that with another that has a thinner skin, and you'll have trouble. 

Pair them with a true  bitch/bastard, and it's just as bad (been there, done that). 

It's a delicate balance, and they seem to have hit it, spot on.  Let's hope they can keep it! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #244 on: 11 Feb 2011, 11:54 »

This comic reminds me of the relationship between me and one of my (female) friends. It's a fun dynamic, and I love seeing it.

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
  • Homeopathy. The air guitar of medicine.
« Reply #245 on: 11 Feb 2011, 12:54 »

I'm sort of getting the "alkali metal" vibe from bitchnium.
<snip>
With a sufficient mass of U-235, you don't even need to get it wet. You can take two subcritical lumps, and if you put a bucket of water in between them you get a blue flash and everybody nearby dies. The water acts as a moderator facilitating a slow-neutron chain reaction.

Alcohol would probably work as a moderator too, but that doesn't fit the Pugnacious Peach: she's a happy drunk.

<chem nerd>
the reference to the alkali metal group (group 1) refers to elements such as Potassium or Rubidium which react violently with water

H20+K=HOH+H2+ purple flame (and a ball of molten Potassium rolls around the bowl)
H20+Rb=RbOH+H2+BOOM (smashing the bowl to bits) :-o

not balanced but hopefully the people who might complain will understand that I've presented it like this for general understanding

</chem nerd>

I didn't know about the neutron transfer, although I'd imagine that if you had access to 2 subcritical lumps of U-235 you would probably also know how to handle them

(and Angus obviously knows how to "handle" them  :-D)

EDIT: subscript
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2011, 13:05 by Deadlywonky »
So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Naturally the first scientist won.

Cybit

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #246 on: 11 Feb 2011, 13:05 »

Seattle? Booze? I'm in! (And here!)

LOL, message sent. :D  Anyone who has a Dr. Girlfriend avatar is inherently awesome, in my book.  (Though someone with Brock might top them.  All hail the Brock.)

As a newbie to this board, I'd like to point out that little frightens me in this world, but the fact we're now discussing neutron explosions from a comic about the "D'awwwwwwwwwwww" frightens me. 

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #247 on: 11 Feb 2011, 13:23 »

I get an interesting "Roseanne and Dan Conner" vibe from these two.  It works because even though they both will sacrifice each other's feelings for a clever retort, they both know  it's what they do, and so they're able to read around it. 
Oh my, you realize there are a lot of people on this board who have NO IDEA what you're talking about?

(Hint for you young'ns: that lady who got nailed with the log in the Snickers Super Bowl commercial is Roseanne.)
Just another Joe like 46

Mominator

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #248 on: 11 Feb 2011, 13:46 »

I was expecting Faye and Angus to start singing "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" for a bit there.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #249 on: 11 Feb 2011, 14:00 »

I was expecting Faye and Angus to start singing "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" for a bit there.
I've had this song in mind since Angus' ex came up.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up