THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay. I finally get Broken Social Scene. Now what?  (Read 11673 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Okay. I finally get Broken Social Scene. Now what?
« Reply #50 on: 14 Mar 2011, 01:54 »

Wasn't all that impressed with James Blake. Should've been right in my wheelhouse, just wasn't. Don't know what to say about it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #51 on: 14 Mar 2011, 01:59 »

Also since we're going in no discernible direction I'll just say that one of my DJs reviewed the Jamie xx / Gil Scott-Heron remix album and seriously penciled in, and I'm only slightly paraphrasing here "Great beats ruined by some shitty old dude", and man I'm usually pretty chill with sound opinions but I felt exactly the opposite way (I'm New Here was fucking excellent and Jamie xx took it precisely nowhere near a place that was remotely interesting or comparable to the original album) but I had the decency to know the bare minimum about shit. Like for real what the fuck is wrong with you dude

Basically I'm saying get I'm New Here, it's amazing.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #52 on: 14 Mar 2011, 12:15 »

Calling Gil Scott Heron a "shitty old dude" is worthy of punishment. Especially, when comparing him at all to some dude in the xx.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #53 on: 14 Mar 2011, 13:20 »

I've almost finished my first cursory listen of Hold On Now, Youngster and I am all kinds of impressed.

listen to their Sticking Fingers Into Sockets EP, it's miles above the rest of their albums imho
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up