THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: many scholarly analyses can be picked out of this, i swear  (Read 39107 times)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
it's time to stop posting

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

They've updated the second part of "A Day in the Life" for the Disney Channel crowd?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker

i just can't watch the party scenes without feeling a bit sorry for her because she's just wandering around by her lonesome at some really lame fourteen year old party, and she doesn't really seem to be enjoying herself. and then she recounts the days of the week in the most pathetic way possible--"sunday comes afterwards"? that is the most awkward phrasing. it denotes the cyclical nature of life. i think she just hates the conformity of the notion that weekends equal partying she's like "i don't want this weekend to end" but honestly i think she wants it to end, forever, she can't deal with this anymore

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Them kids have bad seatbelt safety. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

nufan

• Curry sauce

This is a sesame street video that happens to feature 16 year old pricks instead of muppets

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

This is the saddest thing I've seen in a long time.

I mean apart from the earthquake.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

Well, at least the human toll is greater than the pop culture toll.  We can be grateful for that.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

It's like somebody took those "literal music videos" as a real model on how to write lyrics.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

8-) 8-) 8-)
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug

is...is this a real song? like would i hear this on the radio?

kind of sounds like the singer of weenus but autotuned

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I wonder how much her daddy paid for this.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture

we
we
we so excited
we so excited
we gonna have a ball today.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOEBdIgQ5g&feature=related

apparently, this channel is just an outlet for preteen/teenage girls to out their problems in the form of shitty songs.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87QCmugOST4&feature=channel_video_title
"another young artist that has more talent, woo, than my little toe on my body got in it."
YEAH
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2011, 21:32 by J-cob9000 »

Papersatan

so it is a company that takes money from rich parents who have kids that want to be famous singers?  Cause the talent there is, um, lacking.  Also "ARK Music Factory"  is not a name that inspires confidence. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

I think ark factory has found a way to genetically bio-engineer really terrible teenage "pop stars". Whether it's cost effective or not is beyond me.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES

it seems like a pretty stable business idea. there's always parents with too much money and spoiled, untalented children.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Most of the time it's a negative thing when a company takes advantage of people's delusions, but this just seems like a clever way to siphon money out of people who deserve to be taken advantage of. Two concerns though: I really hope the people behind this company aren't a bunch of sleazeballs, and I really hope nobody is blowing their college funds or retirement accounts on this.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

It all depends on whether and if  the 'Talent' has a future in the real world.

Some might make it with a little improvement.  Some will, thankfully. sink into obscurity.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Disturbingly, if you go to ARK's main website you have to sign in to view any of the pages, including the "About ARK" page. What.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

ARK Music Factory: Taking two of every douche-child.

But seriously, thats quite a lot of kids who wear a lot of sequins and feel that people like Justin Bieber are legitimate artists. Fair enough, they're young and impressionable, but damn the parents for supporting this. Use your money to get them into music related classes.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch

My sister and I, as well as my mother and I, have gotten into serious arguments about whether Justin Bieber is a legitimate artist.  The guy is the essence of how music is manufactured and their argument is that because he's famous and on the tv that he's a legitimate artist. 

Honestly, this girl could be on the TV.  When I first saw this video the first thing that went through my mind was "oh, this is the new starlet? She looks a little boring but her music sounds exactly the same as everyone else." 

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Her music, sure, but the lyrics are so horrendously inane that I cannot believe that not a single one of those kids (who I assume are her friends who also paid to be in the video or at least were part of the deal and not getting paid for it) didn't say "Hey dude your song kind of sucks, get a new one".
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Do you really think the kind of person who would write that song would surround herself with people who have good taste in music?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

She didn't write the song, by all accounts it was written for her by ARK Music Factory in return for a large sum of money from her parents.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

fine

Do you really think the kind of person who would sing that song would surround herself with people who have good taste in music?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale

Might as well post these, since this is what the internet does to viral videos:
An indie cover
Friday Slowed Down
Friday Sped Up
I love in the Slowed Down version the part of "Partying, partying, yeah!" cause cause it sounds like there's a growl over the yeah.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

tania

• famed sex columnist

Fun, fun, think about fun
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right, ay
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

what the fuck does this mean

tania

• famed sex columnist

Quote from: youtube comment
She poses an interesting moral quandary: whether to kick it in the front seat or, conversely, kick in the back seat.

The front seat symbolising a loss of innocence, being in more direct control of the car (and her life). However she decides to revel in youth rather than take the lonely path of premature aging just to prove a point to her fleeting friends.

The ambiguity of "Friday" is her wrestling with the days following it in the week as if they were all the same. Existential. Poetry.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker

see i like things like those. but then. the song is so vapid that there's not much to go off of unfortunately. like people try but really all they are able to analyze are those same parts everyone else does. OH WELL

okay it's time to stop posting

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

My sister and I, as well as my mother and I, have gotten into serious arguments about whether Justin Bieber is a legitimate artist.  The guy is the essence of how music is manufactured and their argument is that because he's famous and on the tv that he's a legitimate artist. 

He is actually a talented singer and musician, but he is pumping out bland, marketable music. So he is a legitimate artist, who sold out
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage

Time to end this thread on a bang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpOnFgjc5Q
James The Kugai 

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

He is actually a talented singer and musician, but he is pumping out bland, marketable music. So he is a legitimate artist, who sold out

You can't sell out if you were never "in" in the first place.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

Sir, I could not pick a scholarly BOOGER out of this balderdash.
Hate, rain on me

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

As part of the Hollywood field trip sponsored by my college's film/tv department, we saw a taping of America's Got Talent. One act was a 14-year-old Justin Bieber wannabe (his first name was even Justin), and another was a 13-year-old wannabe Taylor Swift. Another act was a teen rock band that I swear looked like Loverboy from the 80s.

They were decent, and possibly had potential, but there were ominous hints that they were following their parents' dreams more than their own. Even if the passion is their own, I don't think what they were exposed to is helpful. At the end of the day, all of the music acts, adult or teen, at the taping were at BEST, equivalent to the b-list in any decent local scene. I have far more respect for anybody working their way up with their own material at the local open-mics than any packaged artist.

As for ARK, I think I heard that same rapper on several of the tracks. I'll have to see if I can remember the e-mail I used for my crabcorefan youtube account to sign in and find out what the deal is on that site. I used to be part of earlier efforts to track down and expose scam literary agents and publishers who'd take starry-eyed writers for tens of thousands of dollars.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

I suspect that the rapper guy is also the producer.  It'd be great if it was just one dude, and he wrote the lyrics to the songs using some sort of automated shitty lyrics generator.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I remember in the nineties having a rap bridge in the middle of a really mainstream crappy pop song was pretty much de rigeur. Is that still the case, or is this song just a throwback?

Because that was a really horrible trend. Oh look, here's a classic example! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByNROf8v-Q
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2011, 06:01 by Inlander »

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Yeah, that trend is right up there with religious genocide, bubonic plague and sideways baseball caps in terms of things best kept in the past forever.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Okay well if he was just sitting in his room recording Elliot Smith covers, instead of shitty pop, most of the internet (these parts) would be all over how good he is.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ackblom12

All that does for me is make me wonder if GWAR has killed Bieber on stage yet.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Okay well if he was just sitting in his room recording Elliot Smith covers, instead of shitty pop, most of the internet (these parts) would be all over how good he is.

Really? Cos it's not like there's any shortage of those dudes already, and I'm not seeing anybody losing their shit over them.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I mean, except for Anna, but that's because Anna is legitimately fucking awesome.

Boro_Bandito

I remember in the nineties having a rap bridge in the middle of a really mainstream crappy pop song was pretty much de rigeur. Is that still the case, or is this song just a throwback?

Because that was a really horrible trend. Oh look, here's a classic example! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByNROf8v-Q

Shit at least that song attempts to rhyme, also an animated cat! how can you go wrong with that?

Edit: If you wait all the way through that video you're rewarded with a tap-dancing routine.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2011, 11:25 by Boro_Bandito »
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage

Shit at least that song attempts to rhyme, also an animated cat! how can you go wrong with that?

Edit: If you wait all the way through that video you're rewarded with a tap-dancing routine.

Hmmm   Dancing Cats and Dancing Taps - Must have been made by Disney   :-D
James The Kugai 

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

I mean, except for Anna, but that's because Anna is legitimately fucking awesome.

pomplamoose
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

Going in through a googled interior page let me get to the "About" page without signing up, so here it is.

ARK Music Factory is a Community, Music/Entertainment Channel and Independent Record Label based in Los Angeles, California.

ARK community is for everyone! - Kids, teens and adults. Ark community is a world where you can meet new people including actors and musicians, and stay in touch with old friends from across the world. You can stay current with the latest gossip from Hollywood, news from around the world, fashion, music, videos and more. ARK online radio features some of the hottest emerging talent from the United States and around the globe! There are also ARK giveways, including music merchandise and souvenirs.

Ark Music Factory's Independent Record Label is based in the heart of the entertainment capital of the world, Hollywood, California. Our producers and team of collaborating writers have worked with artists like Cindy Santini (US - Fontana/Universal), Miley Cyrus, Backstreet Boys, Ashley Tisdale, Ibrahim Maiga (Slovakia), Psquare (Africa - 2009 MTV Best Group), Samantha Lombardi (Australia - FourScreen USA), LadyBird (Latvia - Best Pop Artist 'Top of the Pops') etc., and have also produced music for US Emmy winning and four time Emmy nominated Nickelodeon Television (Growing Up Creepie). ARK's main objective is to discover future #1 artists and produce the next outstanding star. Our established relationships within the entertainment industry umbrella keeps us committed to producing solid results for the artists' career, whether it be an independent release/distribution, a major label signing or an original licensing opportunity on Film/TV. Our team at ARK have certainly recognized that raw talent alone is sufficient to get noticed. However, to further advance as a professional within the music industry, it is absolutely essential for an artist to have hit singles and a well executed image - all within that marketable package!

We at ARK make it possible for emerging independent artists from a variety of popular genres to be discovered, defined and delivered, to advance in their chosen career and be successful.Thank you for joining the Ark community and please enjoy what our amazing talent/artists have to offer you, while you interact within the ARK Music Community.

About to actually sign up for an account, brb with details of that.

EDIT: OK, "we" are Kyle Jennings of Bakersfield, CA, 93311, birthdate July 17th, 1995. Anybody who wants the log-in to explore on their own, just mention it in thread or PM me and I'll PM the info to you. What I need from somebody is a likely profile picture that fits the metalcore trend. My idea is to play it pretty straight for now to find out what this is really all about and potentially find out what all this costs. Beyond that, the potential for fun is unlimited. (Awaiting account approval for full access (now approved))

EDIT2: finding my crabcorefan e-mail password prompted me to check my youtube page with my stupid Attack Attack! - I Kissed A Girl parody, and for some reason, the number of hits per day has accelerated in the past 4 months from an average of 100/day where it's basically been for the last year and a half, to over 2000 hits per day in the last week, and now has over 220,000 total views.  :psyduck:

EDIT3:
I suspect that the rapper guy is also the producer.  It'd be great if it was just one dude, and he wrote the lyrics to the songs using some sort of automated shitty lyrics generator.

Yup, this was in the photo section under "producers". No names yet that I've seen.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2011, 14:31 by Jimor »

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Oh man I had forgotten about crab core. Crazy.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Why, May? Why would you ever forget about crabcore?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up