THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 08:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The QC WCDT Weekly Moment of the Week Poll !

Aaaactually, I was thinking...
- 0 (0%)
Sea cucumbers and Fuzzy Clams
- 5 (5.6%)
NEVERMIND.
- 0 (0%)
"A lady always reserves the right to change her mind."
- 1 (1.1%)
NSFW! NSFW! NSFW!
- 16 (17.8%)
Run a marathon, pushups, juggle, wrestle a bear!
- 3 (3.3%)
"Are you always this hyper after sex, or am I just that good?"
- 1 (1.1%)
Operation: M.A.N.A.S.S.
- 10 (11.1%)
It's really more of a puce.
- 11 (12.2%)
Happy Arbor Day 2003!
- 13 (14.4%)
"You should've SEEN that party. It was CRAZY."
- 4 (4.4%)
He was gonna bake a cake...
- 0 (0%)
National Endowment for the Arts!
- 6 (6.7%)
I CAN STILL HEAR YOU, A$$#OLES!
- 10 (11.1%)
Daaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnngggg.
- 10 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 21-25 March 2011 (1886-1890)  (Read 99641 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCDT 21-25 March 2011 (1886-1890)
« Reply #250 on: 24 Mar 2011, 00:21 »

...you've got  to be kidding.  Don't people know their tertiary colors anymore?
Do people even learn tertiary colors as part of their normal education?  I never did...I learned a few on my own, but I can honestly say that I've never seen anything that would make me say, "Wow, that thing is very puce" (or beige, another color I would never be able to ID).  Take the color Bole for example (a reddish-brown color).  When would you ever describe something as bole-colored?  How many people do you know that would actually know what bole is?

Color is so subjective, names are so imprecise, beyond the eight colors of the basic Crayola box*, you might as well use RGB designations.

*red, yellow, blue, green, orange, brown, violet (purple), and black.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #251 on: 24 Mar 2011, 00:23 »

a guy who wrote what sold in his day

@akronnick But what of Burnt Sienna?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

akronnick

« Reply #252 on: 24 Mar 2011, 00:39 »

Not only reading it, but making shitty film adaptaions of it.

And as to Burnt Sienna...

What brand?
How burnt?
Where was it found?

And they all can be fairly called "brown."

To be specific, you have to specify!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 01:32 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #253 on: 24 Mar 2011, 01:32 »

I want a party next time I get laid.
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

akronnick

« Reply #255 on: 24 Mar 2011, 01:45 »

The further into the future we go, the shittier the Shakespeare is! :evil:

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #256 on: 24 Mar 2011, 01:50 »

This made me laugh a lot. http://stats.grok.se/en/201103/puce

...you've got  to be kidding.  Don't people know their tertiary colors anymore?  
They've obviously missed out.
CHAPTER I. The Puce Dressing-gown

The peculiar angle of the earth's axis to the plane of the ecliptic-- that angle which is chiefly responsible for our geography and therefore for our history--had caused the phenomenon known in London as summer. The whizzing globe happened to have turned its most civilized face away from the sun, thus producing night in Selwood Terrace, South Kensington. In No. 91 Selwood Terrace two lights, on the ground-floor and on the first-floor, were silently proving that man's ingenuity can outwit nature's. No. 91 was one of about ten thousand similar houses between South Kensington Station and North End Road. With its grimy stucco front, its cellar kitchen, its hundred stairs and steps, its perfect inconvenience, and its conscience heavy with the doing to death of sundry general servants, it uplifted tin chimney-cowls to heaven and gloomily awaited the day of judgment for London houses, sublimely ignoring the axial and orbital velocities of the earth and even the reckless flight of the whole solar system through space. You felt that No. 91 was unhappy, and that it could only be rendered happy by a 'To let' standard in its front patch and a 'No bottles' card in its cellar-windows. It possessed neither of these specifics. Though of late generally empty, it was never untenanted. In the entire course of its genteel and commodious career it had never once been to let.

Go inside, and breathe its atmosphere of a bored house that is generally empty yet never untenanted. All its twelve rooms dark and forlorn, save two; its cellar kitchen dark and forlorn; just these two rooms, one on the top of the other like boxes, pitifully struggling against the inveterate gloom of the remaining ten! Stand in the dark hall and get this atmosphere into your lungs.

The principal, the startling thing in the illuminated room on the ground-floor was a dressing-gown, of the colour, between heliotrope and purple, known to a previous generation as puce; a quilted garment stuffed with swansdown, light as hydrogen--nearly, and warm as the smile of a kind heart; old, perhaps, possibly worn in its outlying regions and allowing fluffs of feathery white to escape through its satin pores; but a dressing-gown to dream of. It dominated the unkempt, naked apartment, its voluptuous folds glittering crudely under the sun-replacing oil lamp which was set on a cigar-box on the stained deal table. The oil lamp had a glass reservoir, a chipped chimney, and a cardboard shade, and had probably cost less than a florin; five florins would have purchased the table; and all the rest of the furniture, including the arm-chair in which the dressing-gown reclined, a stool, an easel, three packets of cigarettes and a trouser-stretcher, might have been replaced for another ten florins. Up in the corners of the ceiling, obscure in the eclipse of the cardboard shade, was a complicated system of cobwebs to match the dust on the bare floor.

Within the dressing-gown there was a man. This man had reached the interesting age. I mean the age when you think you have shed all the illusions of infancy, when you think you understand life, and when you are often occupied in speculating upon the delicious surprises which existence may hold for you; the age, in sum, that is the most romantic and tender of all ages--for a male. I mean the age of fifty. An age absurdly misunderstood by all those who have not reached it! A thrilling age! Appearances are tragically deceptive.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #257 on: 24 Mar 2011, 02:19 »

Looks like Marten's not holding any grudges. Good for him.

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #258 on: 24 Mar 2011, 02:51 »

well, thats another awkward zone defeated
marten is starting to become a pro at this, maybe his next career move  'professional awkward zone slayer'

well at least faye is still very considerate of him, first shows it with the whole:  'that would be a real...shitty....thing to do to someone..... :oops:' (some archive genius look that one up)
and now marten basically shows her not to worry and slaughters the awkward zone in one go

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #259 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:03 »

Aaaaand

The 'Wood' metaphors abound.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Enduar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Ale Iacta Est
« Reply #260 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:07 »

If Marten still has anything going for Faye he deals with it well or has a very good instinct for such things. Faye however seems to have overreacted slightly and may have caused Angus some stress in the process. In Angus's position I would have be concerned about her still harboring feelings for Martin regardless of the time that has passed and a reaction like this would have just helped to confirm it a bit. (At least for me, but I'm a jealous creature and am paranoid/over analytical)

Other than that it's interesting to think what actual emotions are buried deep down. Do the characters themselves even know them?

In Martin's case is he able to cope and respond so well to this situation because there is nothing to cope with anymore? Or has he acknowledged what he feels on some level and is able to respond in a more logical, empathetic fashion because of it?

Does Faye on some level still think of Martin in that way? Subconsciously perhaps where she doesn't acknowledge it, or more conflictingly does she know and simply suppress it?

Food for thought. Gonna go back to lurking now.
Listen to my music!
Dead Planet Series

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #261 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:09 »

Didn't you read any of it in high school?
Yeah, isn't Shakespeare compulsory in every high-school English class ever? He's not so hard.

Marten demonstrates that he's a mensch. Pintsize demonstrates that he's a very odd little robot indeed. Why would he celebrate Arbor Day? Or did he just steal the banner for the lulz?

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

akronnick

« Reply #262 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:23 »

Marten demonstrates that he's a mensch. Pintsize demonstrates that he's a very odd little robot indeed. Why would he celebrate Arbor Day? Or did he just steal the banner for the lulz?

Does Pintsize do anything for any other reason than lulz?

Ever?

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #263 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:44 »

I figure Pintsize enjoys excuses to party, that and it probably makes for a good story if you have a really badass arbor day party.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

sepik121

• Not quite a lurker
  • I'm too arrogant to be a real hipster.
« Reply #264 on: 24 Mar 2011, 04:35 »

Does Pintsize do anything for any other reason than lulz?

Ever?

The only time pintsize doesn't do something for the lulz, he's just trolling people to think that. For more lulz.
Haters gonna hate.

WaffleIron

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #265 on: 24 Mar 2011, 04:53 »

I'm pretty sure http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1812 wasn't for the lulz. He genuinely cared.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #266 on: 24 Mar 2011, 04:56 »

If Marten still has anything going for Faye he deals with it well or has a very good instinct for such things. Faye however seems to have overreacted slightly and may have caused Angus some stress in the process. In Angus's position I would have be concerned about her still harboring feelings for Martin regardless of the time that has passed and a reaction like this would have just helped to confirm it a bit. (At least for me, but I'm a jealous creature and am paranoid/over analytical)

Other than that it's interesting to think what actual emotions are buried deep down. Do the characters themselves even know them?

In Martin's case is he able to cope and respond so well to this situation because there is nothing to cope with anymore? Or has he acknowledged what he feels on some level and is able to respond in a more logical, empathetic fashion because of it?

Does Faye on some level still think of Martin in that way? Subconsciously perhaps where she doesn't acknowledge it, or more conflictingly does she know and simply suppress it?

Food for thought. Gonna go back to lurking now.

Wow.  And I thought I  over-analyzed!  The Faye-Marten thing never got out of drydock - and they both know it so well by now.  For those who want to cite Marten's drunken grope, please remember that alcohol is not a window into the true desires of the soul, it's more like a blind with a badly rendered landscape painted on.  

He's genuinely happy for her.  And the fact that he can  be points to the progress he's  making in getting over Dora.  

As for Angus, there's no stress there.  He and Marten may not have had much opportunity to talk about it, but they're guys.  They don't really need to - there's an incredible amount of non-verbal communication between guys.  Like Angus starts to say, "Calm down, it's no big deal, he...".  

I think you're right that Faye's just overreacting to Marten's "delicate condition" post-Dora, not realizing how far he's come along.  Because as we know, she's been a bit preoccupied...

and so this strip will be the setup for tomorrow's where Faye and Marten get a chance to reconnect a bit.  Maybe over breakfast.  

Waffles, or tasty pancakes.  

After all, she needs some energy before she disappears for the next week or so into the bedroom with Señor McPhee.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #267 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:20 »

Either way - maple syrup for the win!

That was a pretty quick assembly of the party decorations - if it was my house I might be able to get down to the basement, dig out the stuff and get it up in about an hour (seriously, I could use some help getting the laundry room sorted).

And as for Shakespeare - hated it in High School, probably because every single teacher had us analyzing the symbolic significance of every second word.  then in university I sat through Mr. Branagh's version of Henry V  while waiting for Highlander to come on at the double feature and realized that - if I didn't have to analyze the play - that it wasn't so bad.  I now keep a few of my fav plays on the iTouch for reading. 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

orinosuke

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #268 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:25 »

I think you're right that Faye's just overreacting to Marten's "delicate condition" post-Dora, not realizing how far he's come along.  Because as we know, she's been a bit preoccupied...

I don't think it's even that far. Angus is her guest in the apartment, and he was going around with his wang out. I don't think she's rushing out to ease his emotional stress, just to apologize if it weirded him out (since it would be her responsibility). As many guys know (and in my experience, girls don't realize) we don't freak out if we see another's wang by accident, it's really not a big deal.

Now, if Angus had stuck around outside the room and lounged on the couch naked, I'd be concerned, but otherwise, there's nothing delicate going on here.

mike837go

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Warning: Does NOT Play Well With Others
« Reply #269 on: 24 Mar 2011, 06:00 »

Something else going on:

Marten re-connecting with Pintsize. There was quite a bit of ill-feelings there. Pintsize's antics were beginning to grate on Marten. So by enlisting Pintsize's 'resourses' to celibrate Faye's accomplishment, he and his anthro are getting to be buddies again.

That first antic after breaking up with Dora (1812) was in real poor taste (even by Pintsize's standards). Notice the Lake of Fire on the drawing on his back!
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 06:09 by mike837go »
Thought for the day: At the grenade launcher range, do not yell “M-203, I choose you!”
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

kent_eh

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #270 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:03 »

And as for Shakespeare - hated it in High School, probably because every single teacher had us analyzing the symbolic significance of every second word. 
Thiiiiissss!!!!!

And on the other important topic of the week... puce, purple, orange, brown. They're all the same to me.
Seriously, 80% colour deficient according to the optometrist.

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #271 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:22 »

Marten and Pintsize redecorated rather quickly. It was apparent this was planned for quite some time.

I correctly anticipated Jeph would do this and was prepared for the NSFW at work and Marten's mental scarring. I SEE ALL OF THE POTENTIAL FUTURES BEFORE US. I AM THE KWISATZ HADERACH!
Pschhh! Seeing all possible futures is easy; you're not really the Kwisatz Haderach until you can tell the universe exactly which one is going to come true.

I foresaw you would say that. The Kwisatz Haderach possesses prescience, seeing all possible futures, thus being able to cause select threads of time to be realized through manipulation. This means the future can be created by action on my part...or inaction on my part. I could weave a particular future, but that would leave us trapped in my oracular vision for the next 3,500 years while a God-Emperor worm-thing whips humanity into a speciific form for our eventual liberation from prescience.

mike837go

« Reply #272 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:52 »

Ahem!

Oblique Dune reference = cool.

Restating 1/2 the plot of 3 books = uncool.

Let's keep it silly, people.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 07:53 by mike837go »
Thought for the day: At the grenade launcher range, do not yell “M-203, I choose you!”
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #273 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:54 »

Way to go Martin! 

Awkward Zone =  OBLITERATED

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #274 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:01 »

Cool it, Faye. There's nothing creepy about a dude wearing only a grin and a puce condom.

Way to go Marten! Nice idea to have a party. But isn't Pintsize usually much better prepared for all kinds of contingencies??
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

mike837go

« Reply #275 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:20 »

But isn't Pintsize usually much better prepared for all kinds of contingencies??

Note the newspost. The banner was found in Jeph's closet.
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #276 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:25 »

Ahem!

Oblique Dune reference = cool.

Restating 1/2 the plot of 3 books = uncool.

Let's keep it silly, people.

Dune references are never "cool", dude.

mike837go

« Reply #277 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:49 »

Argument time!

IMHO, any oblique reference to a classic work, especially if it is humorous, stands as cool.

How hard did you laugh when you discovered that Dora was channeling Ctuthulu{sp} in (1754)?

The fact that we as readers have to think about what is presented and then put the pieces together makes the humor better.

Getting spoon-fed entertainment becomes boring very quickly. We enjoy Jeph's wonderful ride because of the intelligence behind the humor and the drama.

Jeph has mastered the techniques of Less-is-more and subtlety as well as sarcasm. He is especially good at implied action.

Enjoy what is presented and what your own mind fills in as the 'missing pieces'.
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #278 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:57 »

Hey, people never seem to agree on this.  Is the h "humble" or "honest"?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mike837go

« Reply #279 on: 24 Mar 2011, 09:22 »

Nonsequitor! Frame, please.
                                                                                        -Skippy's List

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #280 on: 24 Mar 2011, 09:30 »

Actually it's Horace - there's a reason he only uses the initial.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

westrim

« Reply #281 on: 24 Mar 2011, 09:54 »

Shakespeare's easy once you realize that half the dialogue is sex jokes.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 10:00 by westrim »

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #282 on: 24 Mar 2011, 10:12 »

And the other have relate to bodily functions or bad puns.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #283 on: 24 Mar 2011, 10:44 »

Shakespeare's easy once you realize that half the dialogue is sex jokes.

Half? More like a good two-thirds.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #284 on: 24 Mar 2011, 12:20 »

Nonsequitor! Frame, please.
Ha, that wasn't a non sequitur!  You had just used "IMHO"!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #285 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:11 »

IMHO, any oblique reference to a classic work, especially if it is humorous, stands as cool.

I mostly agree with your sentiment. It's just that IMHumbleO calling Dune a classic is a major stretch. Of course, it is entirely possible that my opinion would change if I could ever be bothered to read the series. I happened to see some video clips/episodes of a movie/tvseries/whatever (a few decades back), and it was a major turn off. What is the point of having these repulsive worms around, when the heros should be exploring new star systems, new laws of physics, boldly go were no man has gone before and such. As far as I'm concerned Verne is the only classic sci-fi author, and Asimov is well on his way of becoming one (and one that I would have no qualms elevating to classic status).

I am fully prepared to be in the minority re Dune, though.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

WaffleIron

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #286 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:15 »

Happy Waffle Day everyone!

What? Of course it's on topic!

Heliphyneau

• Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #287 on: 24 Mar 2011, 14:53 »

Nice!  Gotta love the festive decorations -- I think the "FWEEE" in panel 3 is my favorite part of this strip.   :-D  The expressions, as ever, are great.

Dammit, now I want whisky-soaked waffles.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #288 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:27 »

Whiskey-Soaked Waffles: Bluegrass band name
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

lunakitten

• Plantmonster
« Reply #289 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:31 »

I am fully prepared to be in the minority re Dune, though.
[/quote]
I was lucky enough to have a fabulous English teacher for my freshman year of HS, who gave me the Dune series to read. Don't bother with the film (unless you already love the books, and then only David Lynch's version) but do read at least the first book, if you like Sci-Fi (and from your post it seems you do). It's worth the time. I'm a big fan of Asimov, Verne, Heinlein, and I'd put Herbert up there -not at the top, mind you, but in the running.
As for Shakespeare, I didn't get his work thoroughly until I saw it performed live. Just saw Midsummer Night's Dream for the upteenth time, and it just keeps getting funnier.

helloandgoodbye

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #290 on: 24 Mar 2011, 17:58 »

I don't understand why Faye's apologizing to Marten.

GoufCustom

« Reply #291 on: 24 Mar 2011, 18:01 »

As for Shakespeare, I didn't get his work thoroughly until I saw it performed live. Just saw Midsummer Night's Dream for the upteenth time, and it just keeps getting funnier.

That's what always bugs me. So many people teach Shakespeare to be read. It was never intended to be read, it was intended to be seen and heard! Even just reading it aloud by yourself helps it make more sense.

Personally, I never really enjoyed Shakespeare until college, and that was mainly because I was taught not to look at it how it had been presented to me.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #292 on: 24 Mar 2011, 18:02 »

@helloandgoodbye

For the awkward moment she feels she could've avoided.  But now she realizes that Marten is indeed happy for her and Angus was right, no biggy.  I think things'll get better from here.

I haven't read Dune, but as for Verne being the only "classic", I think you could easily call Asimov and Clarke classic (perhaps not all of their work, but some of it), and there's arguments to be made for Philip K. Dick as well.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

zadcap

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #293 on: 24 Mar 2011, 18:14 »

http://www.goblinscomic.com/03222011/

A day late, but oh, THE COLORS!

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #294 on: 24 Mar 2011, 18:18 »

IS ONE OF THEM PUCE

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Skelepunk

• Emoticontraindication
  • Set it on fire!
« Reply #295 on: 24 Mar 2011, 21:04 »

Did no one else have a teacher that insisted on it being acted out? My grade 12 and 11 teacher had us actually act out Shakespeare, complete with costumes, swordfights with real swords. Definitely a bigger fan of his tragedies than his comedies though. 
We all have a cross we must bear.... as a blunt object to bludgeon others with.
 Purinpuff

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #296 on: 24 Mar 2011, 21:12 »

Yeah we did a Shakespeare play around that age too. Not a single play, but like a compilation of different famous scenes. Pretty lame.
- Alvin

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #297 on: 24 Mar 2011, 21:32 »

There's a poll option missing...

Quote from: Jeph's newspost
March 24, 2011 4:27am

Man, back in college we had some insane Arbor Day parties. I STILL can't stand the taste of human blood!

Is this the origin story for Blood Tree? 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #298 on: 24 Mar 2011, 21:41 »

It started out as a bunch of college idiots looking for any excuse to drink; even going so far as to celebrate a holiday about trees. But then one shit-faced fratboy too many puked on the ancient, twisted oak tree in the park. It was time for....revenge.

BLOOD TREE.
- Alvin

Monkey Says Yes

• Plantmonster
« Reply #299 on: 24 Mar 2011, 23:50 »

Angus, the goofball you hate to love.

Man, I need me one of those party hats, though.  I like that party hat!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up