THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 04:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 20942 times)

SirDudley

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Hope's Bright (Night)Light
Street Fighter X Tekken
« on: 12 Apr 2011, 13:39 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/12/captivate-trailer-street-fighter-x-tekken/

So yeah, these two franchises are now crossing over. Anyone familiar with Tekken please explain what in the name of Yelling Bird is going on in the cinematic trailer.

Confirmed cast so far (as of 9/13/2011, EST):

Street Fighter
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Abel
Cammy
Sagat
Dhalsim
Poison
Hugo
Ibuki
Rolento
Zangief

Tekken
Kazuya
Nina
King
Marduk
Bob
Julia
Hwoarang
Steve
Yoshimitsu
Raven
Kuma
Heihachi
Lili

Guests
Cole McGrath (exclusive to Sony consoles)
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2011, 13:19 by SirDudley »
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:00 »

I'm annoyed that we can't have a King vs. Gief wrasslin' matchup. Seems to defeat the entire purpose of the idea.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011, 14:04 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

SirDudley

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:03 »

I'm annoyed that we can't have a King vs. Gief wrasslin' matchup. Seems to defeat the entire purpose of the idea.
Remember the cast list is still in development. And from the rumors I've heard, Zangief is on the list of potential characters.

Not to mention the guy is very popular. He was left out of MvC3 probably so 'Gief could be saved for this game.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:17 »

He better.

And to answer your earlier question, Tekken has never made sense. As with most fighting games a lot of what's going on between characters depends on when in the continuity shit is happening and which endings from the previous game is canon. Here's what my guess would be based on that trailer. According to the Tekken 6 plot, Jin Kazama seems to believe that facing something powerful enough in battle could cleanse him of the Devil Gene that he fears will overtake him. His father, Kazuya (who also has the Devil Gene but will ruthlessly leverage anything that makes him stronger) wishes to kill Jin and take over the world himself unopposed. I'm guessing that Jin suspects that Evil Ryu might be powerful enough to count as the kind of opponent he needs or that perhaps Ryu can help him repress the Devil Gene in much the same way Ryu submerges his killing intent. Meanwhile, Kazuya would then see Ryu as useful bait to draw Jin into a final conflict. Hijinks and dragon punches ensue.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011, 14:25 by Alex C »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:25 »

I am basically the furthest thing from a Tekken expert but who the fuck are Marduk and Bob? I would think that they would want to use more recognizable characters for the initial reveals to get people excited.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:29 »

Yeah, you think Paul or Heihachi would be in there at least, ffs.

SirDudley

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:37 »

Yeah, you think Paul or Heihachi would be in there at least, ffs.

Heihachi has a slight problem on the Japanese side as his voice actor, Daisuke Gouri, died a few years ago. But, that hasn't stopped companies before.

@Storm Rider: What little I know about Tekken is that Bob is a less annoying version of Rufus that actually trained himself in his respective martial art rather than watch kung-fu movies then confirm if the moves could be done in real life with martial arts masters/experts.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2011, 14:41 »

You know, it occurs to me that Kuma needs to be in so Zangief can finally fight a bear in an official match.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2011, 19:41 »

I love Zangief and all, but I would rather King or Armored King go up against Rainbow Mika.

But Zangief vs Kuma/Panda must happen!!

Most likely: Akuma vs Devil
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011, 21:58 by Blue Kitty »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #9 on: 12 Apr 2011, 19:49 »

And to answer your earlier question, Tekken has never made sense.
Neither has street fighter.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

SirDudley

« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2011, 20:04 »

Street Fighter has made a little sense. Here's a few things you can learn from Street Fighter:

--Ryu is some kind of chosen one that the forces of good and evil battle over and is the main character of all the games (excluding the SF III series)
--Dictator, Gill and Seth are evil, Juri is either depraved lesbian or a depraved bisexual thanks to childhood trauma induced by Shadowloo
--Dan Hibiki is awesome
--Sakura and Rainbow Mika want to bang Ryu and Zangief (respectively) like no tomorrow
--Fei Long is basically Bruce Lee
--Zangief wrestles bears for a living
--Mexicans hate T.Hawk and El Fuerte, Japan hates DeeJay
--Akuma is a cheap sonovabitch
--Cammy has a nice ass; Chun-Li has a nice pair of legs

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2011, 21:22 »

So wait, I heard a thing that Street FighterxTekken and TekkenxStreet Fighter are 2 different games. Is this true?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2011, 21:34 »

Goddamnit why the fuck do fighting games think they need to have plots at all
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2011, 21:37 »

Street Fighter has made a little sense. Here's a few things you can learn from Street Fighter:

--Ryu is some kind of chosen one that the forces of good and evil battle over and is the main character of all the games (excluding the SF III series)
--Dictator, Gill and Seth are evil, Juri is either depraved lesbian or a depraved bisexual thanks to childhood trauma induced by Shadowloo
--Dan Hibiki is awesome
--Sakura and Rainbow Mika want to bang Ryu and Zangief (respectively) like no tomorrow
--Fei Long is basically Bruce Lee
--Zangief wrestles bears for a living
--Mexicans hate T.Hawk and El Fuerte, Japan hates DeeJay
--Akuma is a cheap sonovabitch
--Cammy has a nice ass; Chun-Li has a nice pair of legs
Also you know they shoot energy from their palms.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2011, 21:47 »

So wait, I heard a thing that Street FighterxTekken and TekkenxStreet Fighter are 2 different games. Is this true?
Yeah that's true. SFxT is a 2d SF style game while TxSF is a 3d Tekken game.

I cannot wait for SFxT. The fact that Tekken has like one projectile in the whole game means that they're going to have to give all the Tekken characters really good tools to deal with them, so hopefully it'll end up playing like Street Fighter games where neither character has a safe fireball.

Marduk's been around for a while, I think since like Tekken 3? He's kind of like a Zangief who wrestles crocs instead of bears. Story-wise I think (but I'm probably off on the details) that he lost King in the 3rd tournament and then went to talk to King afterwards and helped King fend off Armor King who was trying to kill him. I'm really glad Marduk's in, he's my go to character in T6 and I didn't think he was popular enough to be sure thing for this.

Bob is new in Tekken 6 and is really good. Heaps of people play him and I expected him to be in this, but I have no idea about his backstory.

What I want to know is whether they'll have Julia or her new (for Tekken Tag Tournament 2) persona, Jaycee, who's also sortof a luchadore. If I can play El Fuerte and Jaycee then my mains are decided.

EDIT: Ryu gets his wallbounce kick fuck yes.
EDIT2: Stage breaks? In the screenshots there are shots of the stage with the T Rexes rocking out from the platform and from the ground. Cool.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011, 21:53 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2011, 22:49 »

Marduk came in in T4, silly.

SFxT is doing what crossover fighting game should be doing, and are taking elements from both games in a good way. Recovering via rolling forward, making use of dodging, etc. It's a concept with a lot of potential to create an inspired and refined fighting system at the same time.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2011, 02:11 »

With all the MvC3 I've been watching recently all other fighting games look unbearably slow to me now. I just wish I were actually good at playing it myself.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 13 Apr 2011, 07:17 »

With all the MvC3 I've been watching recently all other fighting games look unbearably slow to me now. I just wish I were actually good at playing it myself.

That was my problem with SF 4. I was so used to Marvel vs Capcom 2 style of quick fighting that it felt like I was moving through molasses.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #18 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:03 »

Paul Phoenix versus Ken...

This makes me grin uncontrollably.

:-D
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #19 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:12 »

-I do not understand the "Tekken 4-button combos mapped to the dpad" thing at all, but it certainly sounds horrible.

I read a fairly in depth look at the playable build they had at Captivate (I think it was for Play magazine?) and apparently it's a six button Street Fighter controls. 3 punches, 3 kicks, lp + lk to grab, mp + mk to tag and hp + hk for the launcher.

The more I read about this the better this game sounds.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2011, 20:27 »

Paul Phoenix versus Ken...

This makes me grin uncontrollably.

:-D

I like the idea of Paul throwing down with Guile to determine who has the mightiest flat top better.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2011, 22:58 »

the L/R Punch and L/R kick buttons being mapped to the D-pad don't make any goddamn sense, notwithstanding the fact that it's on the other side of the controller.

Directionals still use the d-pad for both fighting games (although the 360 controller has a piss poor job of doing that), and unless you're ambidextrous with your playing style it wouldn't be easy to pick up.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #22 on: 14 Apr 2011, 13:02 »

Quote from: Alex C link
I like the idea of Paul throwing down with Guile to determine who has the mightiest flat top better.

Yeah - that's pretty good too.  I forget which iteration of Tekken it was but at one point, Paul looked kinda' like a 3D rendered Ken too.

This one:
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2011, 08:27 »

I'm also equally excited about what its sister game Tekken X Street Fighter will have to offer, although that's a very very distant title due to Tag Tournament 2 and maybe even Tekken 7 coming first.

SirDudley

« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2011, 14:17 »

http://yfrog.com/h8inzicj

God dammit, Capcom! Did you really have to go there? REALLY?

SirDudley

« Reply #25 on: 02 Jun 2011, 12:06 »

Updated the cast list with the new teased fighters, Cammy, Sagat, Julia, and Hwoarang. These teasers are only being done until E3. After that, the reveals will be done like Marvel vs. Capcom 3's reveals.

No word on whether or not Dan is actually in the game, despite appearing in the initial teaser. Also, there are rumors floating around that Jin is going to be exclusive to Tekken X Street Fighter (i.e., the version Namco is producing).

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #26 on: 04 Jun 2011, 06:13 »

lolol story

But looks cool an' everything, ngl.

SirDudley

« Reply #27 on: 07 Jun 2011, 13:57 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/06/street-fighter-x-tekken-coming-playstation-vita/

PS Vita is getting a version. Whoopdifuckingdoo. Also, Cole from Infamous is a Sony console exclusive (yes, Sony console exclusive). Which makes the developers seem like they lied to our faces about the cast list.

I want to punch Sony in the face for shoe-horning in someone who has no place in this game. Yes, you want to promote Infamous 2, I get it. But....in a game the development staff explicitly said would ONLY FEATURE CHARACTERS FROM THE STREET FIGHTER AND TEKKEN GAMES?? What the hell?

No wonder you are almost always the butt of gaming jokes, Sony. It's because you do stupid shit like forcibly shoe-horning in your exclusives into other games so you can earn more money (ohaiKratosinMK9thatcanslidealittlebitbecausethatfranchiseletsKratosbehimselfunlikeSoulCalibur). Among other dumbass things which would send me into a rabid rant that would get me banned from here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/07/street-fighter-x-tekken-e3-trailer-gameplay-footage/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/07/street-fighter-x-tekken-footage-e3-2011/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/07/high-resolution-street-fighter-x-tekken-artwork/

But Sony is not alone in doing stupid shit. Capcom's E3 trailer for the game? It's the EXACT same one the released at Captivate earlier this year. That's right. Capcom couldn't be arsed to make a new trailer for one of the biggest gaming events of year, so they re-broadcasted a trailer they released to a smaller convention.

Okay, maybe my anger at Sony is spilling over into this story and Capcom probably recycled their Captivate trailer to save some cash on E3. That reason I can understand.

[EDIT]Okay, so Capcom-Unity had a brain fart and tagged the Captivate trailer as the new E3 trailer. The first link has been updated with the proper E3 trailer uploaded by Capcom-Euro.

One last note: That ninja that looks like Ibuki on that new Japanese-esque stage? That's NOT Ibuki, but her close friend Sarai. So Ibuki fans, settle down. She has not been demoted to background cameo. Yet.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2011, 16:49 by SirDudley »

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #28 on: 08 Jun 2011, 23:17 »

No wonder you are almost always the butt of gaming jokes, Sony. It's because you do stupid shit like forcibly shoe-horning in your exclusives into other games so you can earn more money (ohaiKratosinMK9thatcanslidealittlebitbecausethatfranchiseletsKratosbehimselfunlikeSoulCalibur). Among other dumbass things which would send me into a rabid rant that would get me banned from here.

I am not sure that anyone remotely interested in buying SFxT could care less about Infamous 2

SirDudley

« Reply #29 on: 09 Jun 2011, 13:37 »

Well, now I have some depressing news. Remember this teaser trailer with Dan getting his ass kicked by Kazuya? We all probably laughed at it because, hey, it's Dan Hibiki getting beaten up by a much stronger opponent.

(click to show/hide)

So, yeah....

ackblom12

« Reply #30 on: 09 Jun 2011, 14:22 »

Well shit, that's suddenly a very depressing trailer.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #31 on: 09 Jun 2011, 18:06 »

Like a great pink warrior once said.

TT^TT

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #32 on: 10 Jun 2011, 00:36 »

I am really ok with both Cole from Infamous being playable and Dan being dead.

SirDudley

« Reply #33 on: 07 Jul 2011, 12:45 »

New character teaser trailer.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/07/street-fighter-x-tekken-new-challenger-trailer-teaser/
Pretty much is confirming that Dhalsim is the mystery character.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #34 on: 07 Jul 2011, 13:33 »

(click to show/hide)

What's that? is it No Reason To Buy The Game?
Beyond that
Tekken sucks.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

SirDudley

« Reply #35 on: 07 Jul 2011, 13:41 »

(click to show/hide)

What's that? is it No Reason To Buy The Game?
Beyond that
Tekken sucks.
Seriously? You're not going to buy a game simply because a character isn't in the game? Why would anyo--
*looks at many reactions to Marvel vs. Capcom 3's roster*
Oh. Never mind. Continue being silly like that.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #36 on: 07 Jul 2011, 13:54 »

Actually I wouldn't buy the game because I'm not really a fan of the SF4 art style and I don't really like Tekken all that much.

SirDudley

« Reply #37 on: 07 Jul 2011, 14:13 »

Actually I wouldn't buy the game because I'm not really a fan of the SF4 art style and I don't really like Tekken all that much.
Oh. Okay, that makes somewhat more sense than "WAAAH! MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS NOT IN THIS GAME SO I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT AND ACT ALL BUTTHURT AND SHIT! WAAAAH! FUCK YOU, [insert game company here]!"

Seriously, I got turned off of MvC3 because everyone and their kitchen sink was complaining about the roster. That, and when I actually saw what the game had to offer, I felt...very disappointed in the finished product. But, that's my opinion. And you have your opinion. And, now that you clarified yourself, I respect your opinion.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #38 on: 08 Jul 2011, 06:07 »

My favorite SF character is Ken anyways. I made a space marine miniature doing a shoryuken. He was Battle Brother Ken.
Virtua Fighter 4lyfe

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #39 on: 08 Jul 2011, 16:45 »

Seriously, I got turned off of MvC3 because everyone and their kitchen sink was complaining about the roster.

This makes much less sense to me than deciding not to buy a game because it lacks your preferred characters.
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2011, 16:48 by Alex C »

SirDudley

« Reply #40 on: 14 Jul 2011, 15:14 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/14/street-fighter-x-tekken-character-teaser-6/

New character teaser. Steve Fox from Tekken is the new reveal.

SirDudley

« Reply #41 on: 21 Jul 2011, 14:57 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/21/street-fighter-x-tekken-comic-con-trailer/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/21/street-fighter-x-tekken-images-dhalsim-steve-poison-and-yoshimitsu/

Well, in addition to Dhalsim and Steve, we also get Poison from Final Fight and Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu.

Yoshimitsu has a move that involves him killing himself to kill you. Damn, that's commitment.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #42 on: 21 Jul 2011, 15:36 »

He's always had that move, kind of funny really

SirDudley

« Reply #43 on: 21 Jul 2011, 19:15 »

http://youtu.be/ghzBQn6QI6s

SDCC Cinematic Trailer. Apparently, Hugo was 100% confirmed today at SDCC. No definitive word on Guy, Cody, Haggar or Sodom (who is teased if you pay attention to the neon).

IMMANotListening

• Emoticontraindication
  • OHAI
« Reply #44 on: 24 Jul 2011, 00:11 »

I normally don't pay much attention to this sort of genre but from what I've seen from the gameplay footage so far, it looks like SF4 but Tag Tournament style. WHICH IS AWESOME. At this point of time, I don't really care about the story because it's not like fighting games have one that makes sense or is good in general. Case in point, Tag Tournament was non-canon, had no story and just chucked in so many characters from the series' history.

If they can just get that roster up to 30+ and have a better offline mode than MvC3 - TAKE MY MONEY.
Heaven and Hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad/But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue." - David Hume

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #45 on: 27 Jul 2011, 05:01 »

So this is sort of shaping up to be Street Fighter x Tekken x Final Fight

SirDudley

« Reply #46 on: 27 Jul 2011, 12:19 »

So this is sort of shaping up to be Street Fighter x Tekken x Final Fight
Well, technically Final Fight has been officially folded into the Street Fighter canon as a parallel story, taking place sometime between the first Street Fighter (set in 1984) and the Alpha series (1987-1990). So yeah, all of Final Fight's games (barring the contested FF: Revenge and the non-canon FF: Streetwise) take place over the course of three years.

In short, the Final Fight cast are technically part of the Street Fighter cast. It's just that people remember them for their own franchise slightly more than their SF appearances.

SirDudley

« Reply #47 on: 30 Jul 2011, 19:07 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/30/new-street-fighter-x-tekken-character-teaser-videos/

New teasers. Fighters are Kuma and Ibuki.

We are now 1 fighter away from the Kuma vs. Zangief dream match. Also, I would like to have Makoto in for a nice tag-team with Ibuki.

SirDudley

« Reply #48 on: 15 Aug 2011, 19:56 »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/15/new-gamescom-street-fighter-x-tekken-trailer/

GamesCom (a gaming convention in Europe) trailer. Explains the basics of the game system quite well, and gives the reveals for Hugo, Ibuki, Raven and Kuma.

Kuma has a super move that involves him farting in an opponents face. And I thought Street Fighter had some wacky stuff.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #49 on: 21 Aug 2011, 17:17 »

If you've seen the injected humor into the entire series of Tekken, you would not be surprised at all.

AT ALL
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up