Poll

Is Marten a townie?

NO
Yes
He is a chill bro
No, but the Arbor Day Giraffe is
Clearly not, because townies hate waffles

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 6-10 June 2011 (1941-1945) [World War II Edition]  (Read 89583 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: WCDT 6-10 June 2011 (1941-1945) [World War II Edition]
« Reply #350 on: 10 Jun 2011, 08:19 »

I concur with the statement that Tai seems like a little sister to Dora.  Just different worlds, lesbian or not.  Tai is in the college scene and never really had a serious monogamous relationship.  From what I have seen in the comic she only remarks on how hot Dora is.  Have they really hung out one on one in a way that showed she likes Dora's personality?  Its like Tai just wants to have sex with her and thats it?  They've known each other how long?  The maturity level difference is present when Tai came to both house parties and ended up naked.  Dora seems past that stage in her life.  But who knows.  We never got Dora's perspective on Tai since the end of Marten and Dora's relationship.

As for Jim, he's not being creepy, he is being straightforward.  But at the same time I don't like this prospect because if they do date and it doesnt go well the business partnership is in jeopardy and thats just bad business.  Don't shit where you eat and all that jazz.

Honestly we really havnt heard much about Dora Post break-up and how she is feeling about everything lately.  perhaps we will on Monday.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #351 on: 10 Jun 2011, 09:21 »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Oh, my heart is torn in two. One the one hand, I feel for Tai. On the other, sexy older man is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0kamisama

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Warning: Prone to Squee-gasms ♥
« Reply #352 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:39 »

Firstly, I'm a bit disheartened to see Dora seemingly spring for something with Jim, despite A: She still seems to be carrying some baggage from her relationship with Marten, and B) Jim, while being the "sexy silver", as per the other forum-goers say, has a rather checkered past, including what seems to be a messy divorce. That does set off a few warnings that should be heeded. Perhaps it's clutching for hope, but Dora might not find Jim to be the steady relationship partner she needs right now, and she'll move on for a few more weeks of singlehood.
I have no interest in ordinary humans...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #353 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:52 »

wait a minute.  Both are hurt from past relationships, both own their own company, both have wacky employees.  This actually could work...
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

fiery_explosion

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #354 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:54 »

Awww, and Tai wore her lucky shirt, too.

This is a double whammy. Not only is she going out with someone else, but a significantly older one.

I wish Dora went to the party. I'd love to see what would have happened.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #355 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:47 »

Everyone is complaining about Tai and Dora, and I'm here super annoyed with Raven. I HATE people that do that. If someone doesn't mention something, then it's not your business to be sharing.
Raven had no way of knowing what Tai was up to.

Also, Tai has done exactly the same to Marigold about the Faye+Angus pairing.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #356 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:49 »

Aww, I feel sorry for Tai. If nothing else because rejection is never a good thing.
Uh, Tai wasnt rejected ? Dora didnt have a clue about why Tai wanted her at her party.
Carpe Diem

TheEvilDog

« Reply #357 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:52 »

Everyone is complaining about Tai and Dora, and I'm here super annoyed with Raven. I HATE people that do that. If someone doesn't mention something, then it's not your business to be sharing.

Except Raven has always been one of those people whose mouth is moving ten times faster than her brain. As great as Raven might seem she is the kind of person who always ruins the surprise, gives the news to the wrong person at the wrong time and generally involves herself in matters that don't really concern her.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #358 on: 10 Jun 2011, 11:57 »

Except Raven has always been one of those people whose mouth is moving ten times faster than her brain. As great as Raven might seem she is the kind of person who always ruins the surprise, gives the news to the wrong person at the wrong time and generally involves herself in matters that don't really concern her.

That may all be true, BUT ! I repeat ! - she had, in this case, no way of knowing what Tai was up to.
Carpe Diem

TheEvilDog

« Reply #359 on: 10 Jun 2011, 12:04 »

That may all be true, BUT ! I repeat ! - she had, in this case, no way of knowing what Tai was up to.

And what right did Raven have to tell Tai about Dora's personal plans? As far as I remember Raven and Tai have never really met outside of C.o.D., they aren't friends, she's just Marten's co-worker. In this case Tai and Dora were having the beginnings of a conversation, when Raven butted in and revealed personal information. Now, she couldn't have known was Tai was up to, but still, come on, acting like that with someone you barely know? How is that right?

Tiogyr

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #360 on: 10 Jun 2011, 12:31 »

And what right did Raven have to tell Tai about Dora's personal plans? As far as I remember Raven and Tai have never really met outside of C.o.D., they aren't friends, she's just Marten's co-worker. In this case Tai and Dora were having the beginnings of a conversation, when Raven butted in and revealed personal information. Now, she couldn't have known was Tai was up to, but still, come on, acting like that with someone you barely know? How is that right?

In a universe where people casually threaten each other with Malay Battle Spatulas, I'd say that is perfectly normal behavior.

Heliphyneau

• Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #361 on: 10 Jun 2011, 12:34 »

Frankly, even if the timing was ideal for Dora to move on, I don't really see anything longterm and positive working out between her and Jim OR Tai.  Bumpy ride will be bumpy.  Hijinks . . . inbound.  ^_^  After all, Tai's just invited a whole bunch of people to this party -- she made the mistake of inviting the guest of honor last, but that doesn't mean she'll cancel the whole thing.  Tai and Marten can be bitter together, and maybe Raven will show up with the makeout hobo.  Who knows.  There are any of a number of ways this could all go kablooie, drama-and-silliness-wise.  Perhaps pie will be involved.  And waffles.

As for Jim, he's not being creepy, he is being straightforward.

Asking Dora out wasn't creepy.  Bitch-monologuing earlier about his divorce and awkwardly complimenting (?) Dora ("You're a real woman!") was creepy.  Also, he really does look like Littlefinger.  >_>  I guess we'll find out over the next week or so if he has enough favorable traits to overcome the initial creepiness.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #362 on: 10 Jun 2011, 12:37 »

Frankly, even if the timing was ideal for Dora to move on, I don't really see anything longterm and positive working out between her and Jim OR Tai.  Bumpy ride will be bumpy.  Hijinks . . . inbound.  ^_^ 

And Tai's fantasy romance with Dora grinds to a halt.....Yeah...I'll be leaving now....

O8h7w

• Read the first 1600 strips in two weeks :P
« Reply #363 on: 10 Jun 2011, 12:52 »

Aww, I feel sorry for Tai. If nothing else because rejection is never a good thing.
Uh, Tai wasnt rejected ? Dora didnt have a clue about why Tai wanted her at her party.

I certainly don't think Dora has missed out on Tai's feelings towards her. On the other hand, I don't think Dora is interested in a relationship with anyone right now. I think what she's looking for in Jim is a new friend, a more mature one and one that is not in the same small circle of friends as the rest. And, as noted earlier - this could work.

wait a minute.  Both are hurt from past relationships, both own their own company, both have wacky employees.  This actually could work...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to chime in with the people disliking what Raven did. Not to say I'm not doing so myself every once in a while, we all make social mistakes every once in a while. However, interrupting someone in the middle of speaking is rather extreme. Even that doesn't mean we should dislike Raven just what she did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly we really havnt heard much about Dora Post break-up and how she is feeling about everything lately.  perhaps we will on Monday.

Frankly, even if the timing was ideal for Dora to move on, I don't really see anything longterm and positive working out between her and Jim OR Tai.

Well, according to my estimates, there has been less than two months since the breakup. She and Marten haven't seen each other since, and they're obviously not gonna let it stay that way. I fail to see this as good timing.

Dora and Marten need to resolve the matter, they need to be friends. They could even get back together, but that would probably take a few months of singleship and therapy. No one in the comic has been single that long since Marten and Faye had the talk, except for Hanners and Marigold. Still, it can happen, and I hope it will - I don't see their feelings toward each other faded. But then again, we don't know that much lately...

Shit, this post got a little too long...
QC forums: Rorschach test of the internet.

Tiogyr

« Reply #364 on: 10 Jun 2011, 13:04 »

Things could be a whole lot worse with regard to Dora's choices in dating.

Blood-Tree

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Must have tree blood!!!
« Reply #365 on: 10 Jun 2011, 13:09 »

I submit two points for the forum's consideration:

1) Tai dating an employee's ex is uber unprofessional

2) Dora dating a business partner is uber unprofessional

In conclusion, I  believe it is clear for all to see that, due to recent uber unprofessional events, neither Dora nor Tai should be considered to be true business professionals.

someone

• BANNED
  • Not quite a lurker
« Reply #366 on: 10 Jun 2011, 13:40 »

Gosh this is so cool!
Marten patiently (interminably) waits for Faye for years(?) only to not get told he has no chance. But wait, there is hope!!
Marten then gets crazy Dora. All goes well for a while.
Marten breaks up with his crazy Dora because she is, well, crazy, so avoids her coffee shop.
He goes to a new shop but that owner meanwhile dates his crazy ex girlfriend.
Shop is full of another cast of fun, silly characters who all serve to beat Marten's self estem in delicious trainwrecky ways. (I am trying out forum lingo here.)
A co worker is lusting after his crazy ex girlfriend but loses out on her first chance to date her (queue forum posters putting interesting emoticons about potential angst and how they love Tai.) However, co worker clearly gives Marten a nice gut punch on the way.
Marten stumbles through life while his friends offer no support but stay part of Crazy ex girlfriends shop circle where they all seem to work. Hey, but he seems to take it in stride. Dora, meanwile, is up to her armpits in dating oportunity.
What is next, hmmm. Dora and Jim go to party and have sex in front of Marten and Tai? All Marten's friends date Marten's mom?  Oh, wouldn't that be a neeto trainwreck?
Faye asks Marten to be her bridesmaid at her wedding?
This is sooo cool. I wish I knew how to do that devil horns emoticon!
Jeph, I hope you are wearing that cool leather jacket. The view of the shark must be pretty sweet.

rje

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #367 on: 10 Jun 2011, 14:04 »

but Dora might not find Jim to be the steady relationship partner she needs right now

Do you mean steady relationship as in Jim's not a steady person, or that Dora needs to be in a steady relationship?
Because I soooooooo
ooooooo
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(haha sorry)
do not think she needs that.

I think she needs to make some new friends, see some new people, lightly date more than one person and just be cool man
 8-) be casual

Just cos she's the girl doesn't mean she wants to fall in love and get serious again right off the bat.
I always hate that assumption (not saying anyone in here is really doing it purposefully of course but some posts just reminded me of it)
when a male/female couple breaks up, it's so common in media to see the guy goin out with a bunch of different people to get back up on the dating horse
but seeing the girl alone alone alone, until she finds one single person to fall in love with again  (and he may or may not be the actual mr right, if he's not the initial breakup guy was mr right all along, god romcoms suck)

Idk what Jeph's gonna do obvs, but I'd love to see Dora and Jim havin a fling, personally

(I would be such a bad therapist)

Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #368 on: 10 Jun 2011, 14:52 »

Marten patiently (interminably) waits for Faye for years(?)
Not years; and barely a quarter of the time the strip has run.
Marten then gets crazy Dora. All goes well for a while. Marten breaks up with his crazy Dora
Well, Dora gets Marten, really.  And Dora breaks up with Marten, not the other way round.
A co-worker is lusting after his crazy ex girlfriend
His boss, actually, which is not quite the same.
I wish I knew how to do that devil horns emoticon!
You click on it; it's not hard. :evil:
Jeph, I hope you are wearing that cool leather jacket. The view of the shark must be pretty sweet.
Jeph doesn't come here these days.  If you want to communicate with him you should use some other channel.  He might even give you his take on sharks - I've seen him do that before.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tanksenior

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #369 on: 10 Jun 2011, 15:02 »

I have to say that Dora in the fourth panel is actually the best she's looked for most of the year. Its also an expression I've had several times before with friends just blurting something out. Its just "Really? Couldn't wait two more seconds could ya?"

Hah, so true, I fully agree :)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #370 on: 10 Jun 2011, 15:13 »

Wow, we're going into "Jump The Shark" posting territory? That'd be worse than Godwin-ing a thread.

First of all: had our Raven not blurted it out, Dora would have probably let Tai down easy. The crush would have been postponed for another day, which would have led to another awkward situation somewhere down the line. Which could have been played for comedy gold - but it would have meant no payoff today.

Second: Raven needs another "You're making me hungry" moment with Dora. Failing that, a Gibbs-slap, Cosette-style, might work.

Third: While it is surprising that she did accept the date with Jim (and I posited this in another thread), I suspect Jim will end up being a doppelganger "combo" of herself AND Marten. And she'll have a sister that'll turn out to be a protege... of Ms. Veronica Vance. That will be the end of the date.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

TheBiscuit

• Furry furrier
« Reply #371 on: 10 Jun 2011, 15:40 »

Doesn't care about Marten's feelings?

Not to mention the fact that she was (or at least trying to be) honest with him about her intentions (and Marten did eventually get the hint).
The interesting thing about the first link you posted is that she knows it would be a shitty thing to do, and yet she's going to do it anyway. I suppose the second comic is... a kind of honesty. Almost.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #372 on: 10 Jun 2011, 15:55 »

What she says is that it would be a shitty thing to do without saying something to him first. Which she then does, albeit by a roundabout way, which doesn't matter too much since Marten figured it out. More to the point, Tai is obviously conflicted and it's clear she doesn't want to hurt Marten.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #373 on: 10 Jun 2011, 16:54 »

Aaaand we have Tai's 'Maverick' crash and burn.  Gotta feel a little sorry for her.

But Dora

JIM???!!!

*Twitch Twitch*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #374 on: 10 Jun 2011, 17:22 »

What she says is that it would be a shitty thing to do without saying something to him first. Which she then does, albeit by a roundabout way, which doesn't matter too much since Marten figured it out. More to the point, Tai is obviously conflicted and it's clear she doesn't want to hurt Marten.

Well, there isn't exactly a greeting card that says, "Can I bang your ex-girlfriend?" Though maybe there should be.

<mod: corrected link>
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2011, 23:00 by pwhodges »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #375 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:00 »

I I have a couple of thoughts of my own about where things might go with this, but most are absurdly unlikely

1) Marten ends up meeting a new potential gf at the Smif party or at least finds something to help him slowly rebuild.
2) Raven goes to said party and perhaps something with her and Marten (also highly unlikely but it might be plausible)
3) All we see is the aftermath and Cossette muttering about some crazy Russian Cyborg trying to kill her with no one believing her, though Steve looking distinctly uncomfortable.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #376 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:07 »

3) All we see is the aftermath and Cossette muttering about some crazy Russian Cyborg trying to kill her with no one believing her, though Steve looking distinctly uncomfortable.

To be fair.....Marten might raise an eyebrow.

grimeyville

• Plantmonster
« Reply #377 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:12 »

I'd actually appreciate Marten and Raven trying something.
"Who Dares, Wins."

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #378 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:28 »

"So Lane, since you and Beth aren't dating anymore, I was wondering..."

cuzsis

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #379 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:39 »

HAHA Tai's mischievious little fuckery-plans failed miserably. I can't help but grinning at this.  :evil:

This.

She was pondering something that she knew she shouldn't do. She went out to do it anyway. Then it backfired horribly on her.

Karma can be quite the teacher sometimes.

Maybe Tai will grow up a little now. I have to admit, she's been the character I've liked the least so far. Just about everything she does in the comic seems to revolve around her and what she wants with everyone else taking a rather distant second. 

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #380 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:42 »

Just cos she's the girl doesn't mean she wants to fall in love and get serious again right off the bat.
I always hate that assumption (not saying anyone in here is really doing it purposefully of course but some posts just reminded me of it)
when a male/female couple breaks up, it's so common in media to see the guy goin out with a bunch of different people to get back up on the dating horse
but seeing the girl alone alone alone, until she finds one single person to fall in love with again  (and he may or may not be the actual mr right, if he's not the initial breakup guy was mr right all along, god romcoms suck)

Idk what Jeph's gonna do obvs, but I'd love to see Dora and Jim havin a fling, personally

(I would be such a bad therapist)

Pretty sure Jeph's going for the opposite of the classic corny romantic comedy trope. It looks like Dora will be the one dating casually, maybe even having a fling or two, while Marten's the one being "alone alone alone" for a good long while. Look at his prospects so far, basically Padma, who's shot him down at every turn and basically thinks of him as little more than a whiny townie customer, and possibly gay. She thinks Steve is more attractive. While that may change in time, Marten pretty much has no dating prospects on the horizon, while Dora has two people chasing her-and she's just let one of them "catch" her.

Marten's prospects may improve at Tai's party (if she even has it now that her star guest has begged off), but I'm not holding my breath-Marten's not very good at chatting up the ladies. Dora's gonna be the one having fun dating other people, not Marten. Never Marten, really. Wouldn't surprise me if he dates no one else for the rest of the strip.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2011, 19:45 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #381 on: 10 Jun 2011, 19:44 »

Oh shit!  She said 'Yes'?!

Good, I like where this is going.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #382 on: 10 Jun 2011, 21:32 »

Is this a love triangle I'm sensing? Intriguing. I just hope Tai doesn't snap and murder the hypotenuse.

I also hope she doesn't go crying to Marten. I'd hate for Marten and Dora's first interaction since the breakup to be about this.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #383 on: 10 Jun 2011, 21:37 »

Well, there isn't exactly a greeting card that says, "Can I bang your ex-girlfriend?" Though maybe there should be.

Your link was broken; I've fixed it in the quote if you want to edit your post.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #384 on: 10 Jun 2011, 21:57 »

Tell me about it.  I can't freakin' stand it when Raven does stuff like this.  I am not really missing her at all. 

Besides, look at Dora's fave in the third panel.  She is clearly uneasy.  It's either because a) she doesn't want people knowing about this embarrassing date she made; b) she has an inkling of how Tai feels and she wanted to just gently explain that she "had plans" until Raven fucked it up; or c) both.  Whatever the reason, it's clear (to me) that Raven needs to go away.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #385 on: 10 Jun 2011, 23:04 »

Why do people think teaching is an easy job?  Why do we fill Ed major's heads with the cotton fluff of educational theory?
Wait, was this directed at me?  The second part, I agree, the theory classes are annoying and useless, but as to the first part, when did I say I thought teaching would be an easy job?  It's what I plan to do, and what I'm studying, but not because I think it'll be easy or because of summers off.

Sorry, Method.  I was ranting more at the general public's opinion of teaching.  You know, the old "Well, if I can't do X I can always teach..."
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #386 on: 10 Jun 2011, 23:23 »

Is this a love triangle I'm sensing? Intriguing. I just hope Tai doesn't snap and murder the hypotenuse.

Tai may be the single least likely character in the strip to kill someone.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #387 on: 10 Jun 2011, 23:45 »

Tai may be the single least likely character in the strip to kill someone.

I dunno, if she get's the wrong batch of "E".........

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #388 on: 11 Jun 2011, 00:15 »

I have to say that Dora in the fourth panel is actually the best she's looked for most of the year.

That was the very first thing I thought while reading the comic...

The second oneis obviously because of what just happened: Oh SNAP TAI!

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #389 on: 11 Jun 2011, 02:21 »

I am amused by the assumtion that Marten will turn into some sort of Cassanova for this party.

By Cassanova I mean the passively-wait-around-for-dominant-women-to-come-and-pick-him-up, original version.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #390 on: 11 Jun 2011, 03:21 »

I am amused by the assumtion that Marten will turn into some sort of Cassanova for this party.

By Cassanova I mean the passively-wait-around-for-dominant-women-to-come-and-pick-him-up, original version.

Oh, I find it unlikely, though I might want to see a 'bad options' conga of just various women who either reject him or that his brain screams 'bad idea' at the thoughts of any kind of relationship with.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #391 on: 11 Jun 2011, 05:58 »

Didn't we see that in the bar with Steve? 

Chick with tatoos and Slap girl

Padma

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #392 on: 11 Jun 2011, 12:21 »

Heyyyy !!!  :|

Raven is FUNNY !

Dont dizz Raven ! :-( Not funny ! Not at all !!! :oops:
Carpe Diem

O8h7w

• Read the first 1600 strips in two weeks :P
« Reply #393 on: 11 Jun 2011, 12:24 »

Besides, look at Dora's fave in the third panel.  She is clearly uneasy.  It's either because a) she doesn't want people knowing about this embarrassing date she made; b) she has an inkling of how Tai feels and she wanted to just gently explain that she "had plans" until Raven fucked it up; or c) both.  Whatever the reason, it's clear (to me) that Raven needs to go away.

Or, more probably IMHO, that Dora doesn't see this date the way Raven describes it. At all.

We don't even know how the rest of the conversation with Jim went down. The two of the might have made it clear that this is a business date, or that they're trying to get to know each other (looking for new friends), or that it is indeed what we call "a date". Raven would end up saying what she said regardless.

Can't wait for next week... :)
QC forums: Rorschach test of the internet.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #394 on: 11 Jun 2011, 14:34 »

Raven's story function: Agent of chaos. also, Teh Funneh.
This episode could have gotten where it was going without Raven, but we would not have gotten that Raven face in the third tier. It's a great face.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #395 on: 11 Jun 2011, 16:33 »

Also, fanservice.

Remember, she's a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an awesome rack!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #396 on: 11 Jun 2011, 16:41 »

Raven's real function was the AWKWARD.  Dora was in the middle of letting Tai down easy, which many of us predicted.  And Raven... well, I Tai wasn't let down easy, was she?  I think she actually bounced. 

Pretty high. 

Man, that's a nasty twitch. 

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #397 on: 11 Jun 2011, 17:45 »

At least she didn't shatter. Yet.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

TheEvilDog

« Reply #398 on: 11 Jun 2011, 17:47 »

At least she didn't shatter. Yet.

No, but you can see some of the cracks forming. Its like glass kind of spider-webbing. Its kinda pretty  :laugh:

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #399 on: 11 Jun 2011, 17:51 »

I kind of agree that Tai and Dora wouldn't be the best development right now, but I can't help for feeling bad for her. It's a pretty awful feeling finding out you're too late in making a move on someone you're crushing hard on. Been there  :|

What I'm really saying is, all ya'll who are so happy Tai got shot down without even getting off the runway are sadistic assholes.

/oh no she didn't
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up