THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 22:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was... THE MOMENT OF THE WEEK?

I've never seen you wearing shorts before.
- 0 (0%)
It's all right, but it's no Angus-booty.
- 4 (6.2%)
Why does that hurt my feelings.
- 5 (7.7%)
Mount Tom - and Elliot's silly hat
- 1 (1.5%)
Awesome backgrounds!
- 4 (6.2%)
Bug spray - for Momo?
- 0 (0%)
"BUG Spray! Get it? Software bugs? Hahahahahaha..."
- 3 (4.6%)
SNAKE!
- 1 (1.5%)
2d10 falling damage (but she caught the snake!)
- 18 (27.7%)
"I'm gonna name him Bitey!"
- 2 (3.1%)
"You always name them Bitey."
- 4 (6.2%)
"What, are you scared? C'mon, it's perfectly..."
- 1 (1.5%)
FWOOOOOSH! "-aaaaAAAAAAAIEEEE"
- 2 (3.1%)
Padma's nearly blown away!
- 1 (1.5%)
"You're free, Bitey! You're free!"
- 0 (0%)
"Ah, I'm gonna miss this place."
- 0 (0%)
"I'm moving home in a couple weeks..."
- 1 (1.5%)
LA. "I miss my family, and my grandma needs someone to take care of her."
- 1 (1.5%)
"Wow, are you really gonna miss my baking that much?"
- 2 (3.1%)
"I'm, uh, I'm pretty infatuated. With your baking. Yes."
- 15 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2016-2020 (19-23 Sep 2011)  (Read 77168 times)

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
Re: WCDT: 2016-2020 (19-23 Sep 2011)
« Reply #150 on: 21 Sep 2011, 00:56 »

Still a nasty fall, so I agree with you. The babysitters were not doing their job.

I'm guessing the babysitters didn't have much time to react. Although if she pulls this kind of  stuff often you'd think Padma and Elliott would be a little more alert.

That big panel is a candidate for the QC Captions thread if I've ever seen one.

You think so? I was wondering about it; I was worried it would be awkward since it's so big, but then again I can see the possibilities....hmm
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #151 on: 21 Sep 2011, 01:01 »

What the hell, girl.

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #152 on: 21 Sep 2011, 01:08 »

The srtip reminds me of the many crashes Calvin and Hobbes had in their cart. I'm sure with Jeph's fondness for Bill Watterson's work that is deliberate.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #153 on: 21 Sep 2011, 01:43 »

Is that a "dazed" star coming off the snake at the bottom, or just a leaf?
It's a Canadian snake. So both.

Also, RE: Falls: small children are much more likely to bounce than break, something about incomplete ossification. Gonna hurt like hell in the morning though.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #154 on: 21 Sep 2011, 02:53 »

Also, re yesterday's Padma moment: Padma needs to stop saying the stuff she thinks is funny, because it isn't to others, as someone else said. As someone else who has done the thing Padma is doing many a time, I highly advise her to stop, because she's embarrassing herself.

I suspect Padma's colleagues are used to her sense of humour by now and so probably just roll their eyes... I think this is the first joke she has said in QC - certainly in a "very much off the road" way? Quite possibily she has the occassional moments of bad punnary. Martin and Momo looked shocked as the (terrible) punnary was an unexpected.

And she might be embarrassing herself, but since she is completely unaware of the fact, I don't think she'll care.

We now know a little more about the capabilities of AnthroPCs. Momo could not move fast enough to prevent possible serious injury to a human.

I think the only thing fast enough would be Hanners if someone puked up behind her a fraction of a second before.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #155 on: 21 Sep 2011, 02:59 »

Wait, so QC takes place in Northamptong, Vietnam?  :psyduck:
It does look a bit lurid and jungle-y for New England, but I can't see any river sampans or girls in ao dai.

She probably speaks with an accent.
Who doesn't?

And she might be embarrassing herself, but since she is completely unaware of the fact, I don't think she'll care.
Is it even possible to embarrass yourself if you're not aware of it? Usually, when people say "you're embarrassing yourself" it's just a sneering way of saying "I don't like what your are doing and I want you to stop".

I don't understand the fuss about snakes. They're common in any piece of scrub land here, and even in gardens. Mostly they're shy and unaggressive, and even the so-called aggressive species won't attack without provocation. Leaping on a snake like Sam is perhaps the best way to get bitten. But she certainly won't need to worry about snake bite if she breaks her neck falling like that. 'Toon physics, definitely.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #156 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:13 »

Snakes? Two species can be found here. One is venomous, the other is not. I guess I might (=should ?) be able to tell which is which, but I'm not gonna bother. If I see a snake, say, at the summer cottage or in the garden, either it hides quickly or it dies. There's something about snakes that does that to me. Sorry. Seeing statues of snake gods on a trip to India didn't change me.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #157 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:36 »

Yeah, people either generally hate snakes or love 'em, there's very little in-between. Many women (of all ages), at least here in the US, tend to run away screaming at the sight of one, while men tend to murder them on sight (if they don't run away themselves-I see an increasing number of young men running now...).

Akima, you're in Australia, right? Considering that the most poisonous species of snakes live down there, I think I'd be running away at the sight of an Australian snake in the bush. And I'm not afraid of snakes-but I keep a wide berth from poisonous ones. Sam, I think, would not survive long in Australia...
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #158 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:42 »

In b4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmw-F52kjjo

Hmpf, they don't have the "Don't kill no snake" song on YT :C

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #159 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:45 »

... I'm not afraid of snakes-but I keep a wide berth from poisonous ones. Sam, I think, would not survive long in Australia...
Especially the way she's holding that snake. It's got plenty of wiggle room to turn and bite, if it's so inclined. By the neck, Sam. By the neck. Always treat a snake as if it's loaded.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #160 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:46 »

Samantha leave the wildlife alone it does not want you to cuddle it.

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #161 on: 21 Sep 2011, 03:56 »

Yeah, people either generally hate snakes or love 'em, there's very little in-between. Many women (of all ages), at least here in the US, tend to run away screaming at the sight of one, while men tend to murder them on sight (if they don't run away themselves-I see an increasing number of young men running now...).

Akima, you're in Australia, right? Considering that the most poisonous species of snakes live down there, I think I'd be running away at the sight of an Australian snake in the bush. And I'm not afraid of snakes-but I keep a wide berth from poisonous ones. Sam, I think, would not survive long in Australia...

Snakes are venomous - not poisonous (/pedantic)... :P

Somebody

• Curry sauce
« Reply #162 on: 21 Sep 2011, 04:21 »

Not strictly true. SOME are poisonous. It just doesn't matter in the "do I need to run away" stakes the way venomous/not venomous matters. :)

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #163 on: 21 Sep 2011, 04:30 »

So the question stands, "I've caught it!  Now what?"
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #164 on: 21 Sep 2011, 04:33 »

Damn that looks like a long fall. The only way I think she could have escaped without serious injury if it's meant to imply she somersaulted down that hill, rather than she was airborne for the whole way down. 

SQUEEZE BOX

BluishJeans

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #165 on: 21 Sep 2011, 05:16 »

Heh, isn't that the same thing?

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #166 on: 21 Sep 2011, 05:18 »

Venomous means you die if it bites you.

Poisonous means you die if you bite it back.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #167 on: 21 Sep 2011, 05:37 »

<simple>Nice art!</simple>

Jim did decribe Sam as a tomboy-ish, not as mini-female Bear Grylls. (Spelling?)
I like the little dazed star coming off the snake. On the college monitors it's hard to see but I chuckled when I noticed it.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #168 on: 21 Sep 2011, 05:37 »

Really ? Interesting.

There is only one word (giftig) for either circumstance in german.
Carpe Diem

S_g

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #169 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:02 »

Coming from Australia and growing up bush walking, grabbing almost any snake, let alone a brown one normally ends in badness.

As for an above poster saying they are non aggressive, obviously never been chased by a brown snake on a hot day.  Nasty angry little buggers. 
Generally if you leave them alone they leave you alone thou. 

Todays comic just made me shudder.
Tell me do you think it'd be alright, If I could Just crash here tonight ?

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #170 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:07 »

Really ? Interesting.

There is only one word (giftig) for either circumstance in german.
To be fair, the same is true for many, many people in the U.S., who probably wouldn't recognize the word 'venomous' if it bit them on the ass (at least until they, you know, died from it). Many folks in my area would, in fact, be more likely to ask if the snake is poison.

And, yes, if I were that snake, I'd bite the kid, even if I couldn't kill her. I'd be even more inclined to do so if I knew the hullabaloo that would likely result. After all, she probably broke my damn spine, whipping me around like that…
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #171 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:26 »

And, yes, if I were that snake, I'd bite the kid, even if I couldn't kill her. I'd be even more inclined to do so if I knew the hullabaloo that would likely result. After all, she probably broke my damn spine, whipping me around like that…

Which reminds me of this video.  (Disclaimer: It has no teeth.  *Knowing this*, you'll still freak out.)

stoutfiles

• BANNED
« Reply #172 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:28 »

She fell ~10 feet onto a jutted rock, hitting her square in the back, then another ~6 feet afterward.  The fact she isn't seriously injured annoys me; I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.  The robots and dinensional portals are one thing, but humans, gravity, and rock faces are another.

At the very least the hiking trip should be over, you can't take a kid hiking if they're flinging themselves off cliffs.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #173 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:31 »

How will the hike go?

Marten will get sick or have some lame injury.    - 10 (12%)
We find out exactly on whom Elliot has a crush.    - 17 (20.5%)
...and it's NOT Padma!    - 18 (21.7%)
Momo HATES snakes.    - 3 (3.6%)
Pintsize comes along in Momo's old chassis!    - 3 (3.6%)
Hike? We're going to spend an entire week on Sven!    - 11 (13.3%)
No, an entire week on Hanners!    - 10 (12%)
NO! We wantz moar PINTSIZE!    - 2 (2.4%)
Waffles rule, robots drool.    - 1 (1.2%)
Leda wanders into CoD, buys coffee.    - 2 (2.4%)
Leda = Pizza Girl!    - 6 (7.2%)

Total Voters: 83
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #174 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:45 »

Can we blame everything on Momo? Technically, she's a robot.....and they can't prosecute a robot.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #175 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:48 »

I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.

Then I guess a lot of comics annoy you (Scott Pilgrim would, for sure!).  Since there are other distortions of our reality in QC already (robotics and AI), does it really hurt to have another?

More seriously, people have survived (seriously injured, to be sure) falling from 47 stories up a building, and even from planes; and they have got up and walked away from substantially bigger falls than illustrated.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #176 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:48 »

She fell ~10 feet onto a jutted rock, hitting her square in the back, then another ~6 feet afterward. The fact she isn't seriously injured annoys me; I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.  The robots and dinensional portals are one thing, but humans, gravity, and rock faces are another.

At the very least the hiking trip should be over, you can't take a kid hiking if they're flinging themselves off cliffs.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy for Jeph to throw out reasonable physics for special occasions. Not that we know how seriously injured she is yet.
I don't think the hiking trip will finish just yet (Jeph would still want to get some mileage out of those backgrounds, after all), but I do expect we'll see a bit more of Jim's inner protective dad coming out upon their return.

I just have one question, stoutfiles. How serious are you each time you express your distaste for a certain aspect of the comic? I'm thinking about things like Sam's fall, Charlotte's behaviour while Marigold and Momo were picking out a new chassis... that sort of thing. You tend to look at things somewhat pedantically, and that's FINE (I've certainly had my share of pedantic moments), but how much do these things affect your over-all enjoyment of the comic?

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #177 on: 21 Sep 2011, 06:54 »

Heh, isn't that the same thing?

Venom is 'injected' into the body in some way - usually via fangs etc or in the case of plants - thorns or barbs.

Poision isn't directly administered directly into the body. Hence some poisonous animals will have toxins etc on their skin which'll then find its way into the victim by either the victim trying to eat it, or get it on its skin and then licking it clean.

You wouldn't call arsenic or cynide venom but it'll certainly poision you if you drank or ate it. On the other hand, it is possible in some cases to drink some types of venom and not die - largely since venom is designed to kill in a niche way, the acid in your stomach can break down the toxins in the venom before it can reach your bloodstream in sufficient quantities.

And now back onto actually discussing the comic......

Daris

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #178 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:08 »

Try a Somersault!
In the real world
as in dreams
nothing is quite
what it seems.
--Book of Counted Sorrows

zmeiat_joro

« Reply #179 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:08 »

I assumed Jeph exaggerated the steepness of the slope to fit the constraints of the 600 pixel width of the comic.

I also VERY MUCH hope those of you who say they kill snakes have first made sure none of the species endemic to the area are endagered!
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

stoutfiles

• BANNED
« Reply #180 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:11 »

I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.

Then I guess a lot of comics annoy you (Scott Pilgrim would, for sure!).  Since there are other distortions of our reality in QC already (robotics and AI), does it really hurt to have another?

More seriously, people have survived (seriously injured, to be sure) falling from 47 stories up a building, and even from planes; and they have got up and walked away from substantially bigger falls than illustrated.

No, Scott Pilgrim quickly labeled itself as a video game crossover in the first volume.  If Marten started battling people in video game duels and they exploded into coins, then I would have a problem with it after 2000+ strips of establishing a physics-based world.

Falling is one thing, falling onto a rock face is another.  She should be hurt.

She fell ~10 feet onto a jutted rock, hitting her square in the back, then another ~6 feet afterward. The fact she isn't seriously injured annoys me; I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.  The robots and dinensional portals are one thing, but humans, gravity, and rock faces are another.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy for Jeph to throw out reasonable physics for special occasions. Not that we know how seriously injured she is yet.
I don't think the hiking trip will finish just yet (Jeph would still want to get some mileage out of those backgrounds, after all), but I do expect we'll see a bit more of Jim's inner protective dad coming out upon their return.

I just have one question, stoutfiles. How serious are you each time you express your distaste for a certain aspect of the comic? I'm thinking about things like Sam's fall, Charlotte's behaviour while Marigold and Momo were picking out a new chassis... that sort of thing. You tend to look at things somewhat pedantically, and that's FINE (I've certainly had my share of pedantic moments), but how much do these things affect your over-all enjoyment of the comic?

I'd say...slightly serious.  I'm just pointing out the negative things since everyone else is covering the positives.  For that to be the only negative today is pretty good, for the most part the plot is always entertaining and the illustration is always great. I'd say the only thing that really bothers me is Faye sometimes; I don't find physical abuse or degrading behavior to be even remotely funny, and that's Faye 75% of the time.  She's better than she used to be though, knowing the characters are evolving brings me back as well.

dragontart

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #181 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:17 »

I'm just pointing out the negative things
*things you dislike.
I personally enjoyed this comic especially because it would be completely impossible within the QC universe and is thus simply silly.

It's worse than that she's DEAD JIM!
I laughed.

Oh, I have a question: it's poisonous when I bite it, it's venomous when it bites me, what's it called when I go dead from touching it? Are there such things at all for humans? Somebody in some other window just threw in dimethylmercury, does it count as poison/venom in English?
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2011, 07:34 by dragontart »

inhuman_decency

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://inhumandecency.livejournal.com
« Reply #182 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:38 »

So the question stands, "I've caught it!  Now what?"

Stuff it in a little ball so it can fight for her, of course!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
http://inhumandecency.livejournal.com

Paranoid

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #183 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:48 »

Personally, I'm okay with a few physics handwaves here and there.  After all, there are plenty of times Jeph writes someone out of character in order to deliver a punchline, and we accept that (well, more or less).
"It's not safe there."

Skaltura

• Furry furrier
« Reply #184 on: 21 Sep 2011, 08:12 »

However, both are toxic and can have potentially noxious effects!

Hey everybody, it's synonym week!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #185 on: 21 Sep 2011, 08:13 »

Congrats kiddo, that took brains!  :roll:

emeraldbeacon

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #186 on: 21 Sep 2011, 08:18 »

She fell ~10 feet onto a jutted rock, hitting her square in the back, then another ~6 feet afterward....

Actually, if you look at the third image during the fall, there's a sudden appearance of several leaves (that aren't anywhere to be seen elsewhere).  What I read that as, is her falling into a tree limb or bush, which could significantly reduce her downwards velocity, which would have a direct correlation to her chance of serious injury.  I must admit, though, it does look like she whacked herself right against a rocky outcropping... which, after a one-story-fall, would be pretty dang painful, particularly considering she had a second story to go.

Guessing Jeph will give us some kind of "how she 'knew' the fall was safe" explanation tonight...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #187 on: 21 Sep 2011, 08:55 »

I loved catching snakes as a kid, but even I never took a flying leap off a cliff after one.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #188 on: 21 Sep 2011, 09:01 »

As another explanation or way of viewing it, it seems to me that the height of the cliff may be not actually representative, but stretched out vertically to accommodate the multiple images of the stages of the fall (and fill the panel).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

wrwight

• Furry furrier
  • Having a tag line is so mainstream
    • My Music
« Reply #189 on: 21 Sep 2011, 10:27 »

She probably speaks with an accent.
Who doesn't?

Thank you. I hate it when people don't understand this, haha.

Also, I agree with pwhodges. Until I read the wcdt I just thought everyone would come to that conclusion, that the cliff wasn't as high as it was drawn in the comic, but that was simply the best way to draw it to convey what Jeph wanted to get across.

billydaking

• Plantmonster
« Reply #190 on: 21 Sep 2011, 11:46 »

She fell ~10 feet onto a jutted rock, hitting her square in the back, then another ~6 feet afterward.  The fact she isn't seriously injured annoys me; I don't like when comics that exist on the plane of reality bend the laws of physics for comedy.  The robots and dinensional portals are one thing, but humans, gravity, and rock faces are another.

Considering that I had similar fall (fell on back, bounced off, then went forearms first into the ground) when I was about 10 years old and came away with just bruises...yeah, it can happen. My little sister also fell down two flights of concrete steps and survived without anything broken. The thing is this...kids tend to get less seriously injured than adults because they don't think (i.e., prepare themselves mentally for) about is to happen, so they don't tense up, which highly increases the likelihood of broken bones. The same reason why drunk people have a habit of walking away unscathed from car wrecks.

I'm annoyed when people think they understand reality, but it's really just their perception of it.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #191 on: 21 Sep 2011, 11:52 »

Quote from: Welu
Jim did decribe Sam as a tomboy-ish, not as mini-female Bear Grylls.

Hey now, nobody said she drinks her own urine.

...sorry

Quote from: cesariojpn
Can we blame everything on Momo? Technically, she's a robot.....and they can't prosecute a robot.

? Why couldn't they? If they have constitutional rights, they're basically citizens, aren't they? That would imply that they're subject to the same laws as any human citizen.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #192 on: 21 Sep 2011, 12:19 »

For comic #2018...

1. My thoughts on Samantha's thoughts for panel #2...

-1st: Oh no you don't!
 -2nd: Oop...
 -3rd: Ow!
 -4th: Hah!

2. Hopefully Momo will appreciate Samatha's effort to show her a snake :wink: .

3. On grabbing snakes, sure most grown-ups or a knowledgable person would know not to grab a snake (or how to properly grab one).  This, however, is an a 13 year old girl with more enthusiasm than wisdom.

4. As for injuries, from a parent's field experience: children, kids (yes, there is a difference), and teenagers are shockingly damage resilient at times.  Of course, that in no way mitigates the worries of the parents :psyduck: .  Comic-wise, minor injuries ("minor" being a very broad term in comics & animation) make for good punchlines.

5. 2d10 falling damage?  What system is Jeph playing...?

brew

« Reply #193 on: 21 Sep 2011, 12:31 »

No, Scott Pilgrim quickly labeled itself as a video game crossover in the first volume.  If Marten started battling people in video game duels and they exploded into coins, then I would have a problem with it after 2000+ strips of establishing a physics-based world.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=721
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=61

Kagey

« Reply #194 on: 21 Sep 2011, 12:33 »

I love this strip because this happened at my kids' elementary school last week -- someone yelled "snake" and a crowd of little girls (average age: 6) dashed toward the speaker. At least there was a knowledgeable mom on hand to identify the snake a harmless garden snake. The girls who didn't get to hold it before we decided the poor snake had had enough were crushed. This is the new breed of girl, people. Running towards snakes.
I love it.

SirDudley

• Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #195 on: 21 Sep 2011, 13:02 »

So, 2d10 fall damage for Samantha translates into several cuts, a few bruises (both bone and skin) and mild concussion. And a stunned snake. I'll go along with it.

I await the reactions from the rest of the party tomorrow. They shall be entertaining.
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #196 on: 21 Sep 2011, 14:09 »

Resilience of youth my pasty, white ass. When I was 4, I fell 5 feet backwards out of a tree, landed flat on my back and broke both arms, my left one in three places.

The expression on Sam's face at the bottom reads to me like, "OMG, I just broke every bone in my body."

Note that that trauma dissuaded me from climbing trees in no why whatsoever. When us cousins were together climbing trees, I was always the highest monkey in it.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

rje

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #197 on: 21 Sep 2011, 14:48 »

...am I the only one thinking 'omg....that poor snake!'    lol
I hope she didn't hurt it
(I cant really blame her at all though, snakes are awesome and I'm jealous, I've never gotten to touch a snake that wasn't there specifically to be touched [like at the zoo or something])

Although I think this is the first snake I've seen that's taken a flying leap off a cliff to get away from a pursuer xD
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #198 on: 21 Sep 2011, 15:08 »

My money is that Elliott is the one who goes hysterical, while Padma remains calm and serene.

... though the reverse would be hilarious, and probably more in character.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku
« Reply #199 on: 21 Sep 2011, 15:34 »

I've gone through it in my head because I'm probably pretty close to Samantha's size (DON'T JUDGE ME D: ), and I doubt I'd be much more injured than she is. I probably would have hit a few more rocks than she did because I'm unlucky. I couldn't imagine anything being broken other than whatever she landed on, but I imagine she put some points in Tumble, so she should be fine. :-D

Also, I hope the snake is okay. T_T
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up