THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was... THE MOMENT OF THE WEEK?

I've never seen you wearing shorts before.
- 0 (0%)
It's all right, but it's no Angus-booty.
- 4 (6.2%)
Why does that hurt my feelings.
- 5 (7.7%)
Mount Tom - and Elliot's silly hat
- 1 (1.5%)
Awesome backgrounds!
- 4 (6.2%)
Bug spray - for Momo?
- 0 (0%)
"BUG Spray! Get it? Software bugs? Hahahahahaha..."
- 3 (4.6%)
SNAKE!
- 1 (1.5%)
2d10 falling damage (but she caught the snake!)
- 18 (27.7%)
"I'm gonna name him Bitey!"
- 2 (3.1%)
"You always name them Bitey."
- 4 (6.2%)
"What, are you scared? C'mon, it's perfectly..."
- 1 (1.5%)
FWOOOOOSH! "-aaaaAAAAAAAIEEEE"
- 2 (3.1%)
Padma's nearly blown away!
- 1 (1.5%)
"You're free, Bitey! You're free!"
- 0 (0%)
"Ah, I'm gonna miss this place."
- 0 (0%)
"I'm moving home in a couple weeks..."
- 1 (1.5%)
LA. "I miss my family, and my grandma needs someone to take care of her."
- 1 (1.5%)
"Wow, are you really gonna miss my baking that much?"
- 2 (3.1%)
"I'm, uh, I'm pretty infatuated. With your baking. Yes."
- 15 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2016-2020 (19-23 Sep 2011)  (Read 75943 times)

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
Re: WCDT: 2016-2020 (19-23 Sep 2011)
« Reply #50 on: 19 Sep 2011, 09:23 »

Faye's booty-comaprison made me think of this, so, yeah, Marten, why are your feelings hurt?

'Cause he's not gettin' that hot hot Dora sexing anymore? Not being with someone tends to make criticism of one's physical attributes harder to take.

'Cuz M. took the shot and now it's coming back, under nearly reversed circumstances. But I still think it's just banter.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #51 on: 19 Sep 2011, 09:49 »

No, she doesn't say that "Angus is better than him", just that she likes Angus's butt better - that's quite different, and falls well within the usual range of banter between friends who live together.

Why would she bring that up though, if only to be mean?  Besides, after "the incident" I would think that Faye knows to not rub in anything regarding Sven or Angus.  There's healthy banter and then there's low blows, Faye is leaning towards the latter as usual.

Considering the first time Faye and Angus had sex and Martin witnessed Angus's post sex dance (with pink condom) and put up celebrationary decorations, I think Martin is ok with the idea of Faye dating.

I think Faye is merely teasing Martin over the fact he is wearing shorts for the first time ever - and Faye only compares it with Angus's when Martin reminds her that she used to think it was cute... To be honest, I doubt Martin is that upset really...

westrim

« Reply #52 on: 19 Sep 2011, 10:07 »

I know a good therapist that specializes in these types of issues Jeph. His name is Seymour.  :angel:

I completely missed commenting last week on the fact the comics have now passed into the futuuuuure. In fact, the last mention I saw of the strip number/year correlation was 3 weeks ago. I predict that in 2016, I will own a computer with a 10 TB+ storage medium.

How much Momo pays in Income taxes?
Income tax laws have yet to take into account the individuality of anthroPCs. Thus, all their income is considered that of the person or organization most closely associated with them or with whom they have created a contract. Some argue against the tax code incorporating them, on the principle that if death (the near term mortal kind, not the heat death of the universe kind) is not certain for them, taxes shouldn't be either.

No, she doesn't say that "Angus is better than him", just that she likes Angus's butt better - that's quite different, and falls well within the usual range of banter between friends who live together.

Why would she bring that up though, if only to be mean?  Besides, after "the incident" I would think that Faye knows to not rub in anything regarding Sven or Angus.  There's healthy banter and then there's low blows, Faye is leaning towards the latter as usual.

Considering the first time Faye and Angus had sex and Martin witnessed Angus's post sex dance (with pink condom) and put up celebrationary decorations, I think Martin is ok with the idea of Faye dating.

I think Faye is merely teasing Martin over the fact he is wearing shorts for the first time ever - and Faye only compares it with Angus's when Martin reminds her that she used to think it was cute... To be honest, I doubt Martin is that upset really...
The QC forums: taking innocent teasing and elevating it to the level of "RED ALERT: RELATIONSHIP CRISIS" since strip five.

Skaltura

• Furry furrier
« Reply #53 on: 19 Sep 2011, 10:33 »

Never mind that Marten is wearing shorts, if you're gonna criticize Faye's choice of color, what about that hideous ensemble of yellow-beige that Marten is wearing. Yikes

ChainsawMessiah

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Yum yum hot dawg
« Reply #54 on: 19 Sep 2011, 13:17 »

Ahem.

Sunn o))) SHIRT!!!    ZOMGWTFFWBBQ!!!!!!!

*melts from the sheer awesomeness*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HEiQJEmBg

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #55 on: 19 Sep 2011, 14:41 »

Man, the poster above just melted because a character in a comic on the internet wears a t-shirt with the name of a band which wear capes and average 4 chords per hour. I'm just saying that. Man.

EcoReck

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #56 on: 19 Sep 2011, 14:52 »

"...and it's NOT Padma! (15 Votes)"
Oh you guys!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #57 on: 19 Sep 2011, 15:21 »

Man, the poster above just melted because a character in a comic on the internet wears a t-shirt with the name of a band which wear capes and average 4 chords per hour. I'm just saying that. Man.
Yeah. And including ))) in the band name (unpronounced apparently) makes the equally silent Heävy Mëtal Ümläut seem quite sensible.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #58 on: 19 Sep 2011, 15:44 »

You missed putting um̈lauẗs over some letters that don't ever have umlauts...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #59 on: 19 Sep 2011, 16:14 »

I am not so brütäl.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #60 on: 19 Sep 2011, 16:24 »

Yeah she looks like Dora with ebony skin. But she's totally NOT Dora on the inside.
For the first part, I just don't see it.  For the second part, that's a good thing.  That's not a shot against Dora, I just don't see why he'd want someone who acted like Dora, especially when like Dora on the inside would mean all her neuroses.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #61 on: 19 Sep 2011, 17:16 »

I dunno I got the impression that Marten rather liked Dora on the inside if you know what I mean.   :evil:

/tasteless
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #62 on: 19 Sep 2011, 17:54 »

Marten must suffer the same affliction that Hank Hill, in that he has no ass.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

josiah

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #63 on: 19 Sep 2011, 18:19 »

The only thing that really matters to me is that cool Sunn O))) t-shirt. I never thought that Marten would dig them (because if he owns that t-shirt only for the lulz... that's just dumb in my book).

I wouldn't doubt that Marten would listen to Sunn O))) and even list them as an influence for Deathmøle, but the shirt is a pretty hilarious parody of the darkness and seriousness of Sunn O))). In order to get lulz from a shirt like that, he'd really have to know who the band is and what they sound like. It's not funny at all, otherwise.

I'm on the Sunn O))) album, Monoliths & Dimensions and have some idea what they're like.

What do you mean with this?

I'm a musician—I play the French horn—and played in a recording session or two for Sunn O))) for M&D. It was a great experience, and all the musicians who were there were brilliant. (As an aside, I hope the free improvisations by trombonists Julian Priester and Stuart Dempster will someday be released on their own.)

Ahem.

Sunn o))) SHIRT!!!    ZOMGWTFFWBBQ!!!!!!!

*melts from the sheer awesomeness*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HEiQJEmBg

I have the LPs, but I've never listened to them. I want to break the cellophane only for a good turntable with a good needle plugged into speakers that can handle the subtleties Sunn O))) plays with in the bass end. Someday...

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #64 on: 19 Sep 2011, 18:41 »

Dawww  he looks cute in shorts   :-D

It will be interesting to see if Marigold does come along on the hike.  I wonder if she and Elliott could wind up hitting it off?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

helloandgoodbye

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #65 on: 19 Sep 2011, 19:05 »

God, Faye's one to talk. What's with her outfit in this strip?  It doesn't even match.  Purple and red together -- she must be colorblind. :/

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #66 on: 19 Sep 2011, 19:16 »

Man, y'all have some strict standards for jammies.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #67 on: 19 Sep 2011, 21:18 »

God, Faye's one to talk. What's with her outfit in this strip?  It doesn't even match.  Purple and red together -- she must be colorblind. :/

Or She's a closet member of the Red Hat Society!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #68 on: 19 Sep 2011, 21:19 »

What determines whether two colors match?  Seems kinda arbitrary.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

helloandgoodbye

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #69 on: 19 Sep 2011, 21:34 »

My pajamas match.

What determines whether two colors match?  Seems kinda arbitrary.

If you're a woman, then you just know.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #70 on: 19 Sep 2011, 22:14 »

What determines whether two colors match?  Seems kinda arbitrary.

Bros, bros, bros!!!

Windows 3.1 has 16 colors. Thus there are 16 choose 2 = 120 pairs of colors. May I? Once and for all! Have a comprehensive list of
those pairs of colors that match. Please?!
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #71 on: 19 Sep 2011, 22:18 »

Your clothes should match, as long as they're not too "matchie-matchie."

Fashionistas just make it up as they go along don't they.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #72 on: 19 Sep 2011, 22:28 »

Err ... I really, really, really have no clue why Marten is even trying to date Padma.

Yeah she looks like Dora with ebony skin. But she's totally NOT Dora on the inside. She's driving me nuts with her inability to spot the glaring obvious. And she apparently completely failed to notice the other guys interest in her for ages, so why would she notice Martens interest in her ?

Quite frankly - all Padma did in the comic so far was being annoyingly stupid.

She comes across as a (perhaps) slightly less clueless version of Raven. It wouldn't surprise me if she still thinks Marten is gay.  Of course it's possible that the punchline will be that Padma is a lesbian and isn't interested in either Marten or Elliot.

Frankly I'd be interested in seeing Martien try something with Renee, if only to see if she actually is the equivalent of Faye her character design implies.  So far all we've seen her do is be deadpain and swear a bit.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #73 on: 19 Sep 2011, 22:32 »

I'm a musician—I play the French horn—and played in a recording session or two for Sunn O))) for M&D. It was a great experience, and all the musicians who were there were brilliant. (As an aside, I hope the free improvisations by trombonists Julian Priester and Stuart Dempster will someday be released on their own.)

That's some pretty heavy company.  Especially Priester, who's been around for decades.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #74 on: 19 Sep 2011, 22:35 »

Welcome, new person!

Renee's definitely had more setup than she's had air time. It'll be interesting to see what happens with her.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

spearlet

« Reply #75 on: 19 Sep 2011, 23:52 »

I'm not sure where to post this, so maybe Jeph will read this or not.

I know Jeph is constantly working on his art, and I highly HIGHLY respect him as an artist.  I am honestly in awe of his artistic growth and I wish I had half of his talent.

I'm not sure if he is interested in feedback, but I know it is something I appreciate so I hope he takes this kindly: I think he could improve his necks in his drawing.  Anatomically, most necks connect at the back of the head - the base of the skull - not the middle of the head.  They are also generally at least half as wide as the head.  Faye's neck in Monday's comic (but generally when characters are viewed in profile) seemed a bit off.

That said, I love Jeph's work regardless.  I hope my ramblings aren't offensive.

josiah

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #76 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:02 »

Now decidedly off-topic:

(As an aside, I hope the free improvisations by trombonists Julian Priester and Stuart Dempster will someday be released on their own.)

That's some pretty heavy company.  Especially Priester, who's been around for decades.

Depends, I suppose. Stuart and Julian are of similar ages (about 13 months apart, even), and I knew Stuart's playing and accomplishments long before I knew who Julian was. Not to disparage Julian—not by any means!—but I grew up on the classical side of the fence, and some of my personal explorations into the avant garde overlap with things he's done. They are both my heros, and it's too bad that their 45 minutes (or so) of that day's free improvisations are boiled down to about five minutes of music on Monoliths & Dimensions. That recording session was a lesson to anybody who heard them.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #77 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:05 »

I'm not sure where to post this, so maybe Jeph will read this or not.

Jeph doesn't come here these days; you'd probably be most sure of being noticed by putting your comment as a question on his Tumblr.

But now you're here, why not stay around?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #78 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:10 »

My father in law shares Marten's lack of butt.  My daughter, at the age of 5, ran to give him a hug once and de-pantsed the poor man. 

Yes, he was wearing a belt at the time.  Didn't help at all. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

westrim

« Reply #79 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:15 »

No, run away, run far away lest you be dragged innnnnn.... Joinnn ussss.

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #80 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:30 »

1. Awesome background! I hope Jeph keeps up making progress like this, artistically.

2. Padma has a very cute akward sense of humor.

Ethereal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #81 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:30 »

Sweet Zombie Jesus, that background on the new strip looks good!

Very nice job! ! !

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce
« Reply #82 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:32 »

:-o

That background is beautiful.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #83 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:35 »

I had no idea Marten was living next to a jungle.

Also, software bugs are the main reason why I hope droids dont turn real any soon. Those buggers will do all kinds of crap, just because of software bugs.
Carpe Diem

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #84 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:36 »

I wonder if the solvent in the bug spray is bad for the plastic in Momo's skin.

Kudos on the background.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #85 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:41 »

... oh dear. That was a bit of a groaner.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #86 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:45 »

I said it before and I'll say it again: I think Padma's high.  :psyduck:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #87 on: 20 Sep 2011, 00:56 »

My pajamas match.

What determines whether two colors match?  Seems kinda arbitrary.

If you're a woman, then you just know.

Uh-hu. I dont know what to say to that.

Err ... I really, really, really have no clue why Marten is even trying to date Padma.

Yeah she looks like Dora with ebony skin. But she's totally NOT Dora on the inside. She's driving me nuts with her inability to spot the glaring obvious. And she apparently completely failed to notice the other guys interest in her for ages, so why would she notice Martens interest in her ?

Quite frankly - all Padma did in the comic so far was being annoyingly stupid.

She comes across as a (perhaps) slightly less clueless version of Raven. It wouldn't surprise me if she still thinks Marten is gay.  Of course it's possible that the punchline will be that Padma is a lesbian and isn't interested in either Marten or Elliot.

Frankly I'd be interested in seeing Martien try something with Renee, if only to see if she actually is the equivalent of Faye her character design implies.  So far all we've seen her do is be deadpain and swear a bit.
Err ... Raven is SUCH a different person. Raven is funny. And Raven always proved between the lines that she was a lot more nifty than she showed.

All Padma did so far was IMHO being increasingly annoying.

I wonder why she does it at all, because plastic wont attract any insect attacks in the first place.
Carpe Diem

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #88 on: 20 Sep 2011, 01:34 »

Sadly, I have exactly the same sense of humor Padma's demonstrating here. If I had actually been there, I would have been snickering about "bug spray" until the end of the hike or the moment my fellow hikers pushed me over a cliff, whichever came first.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #89 on: 20 Sep 2011, 02:20 »

damn, jeph's stepping his game up with these backgrounds.

they actually almost look too good, as the much more simply drawn/colored characters look kind of out of place in front of them.

guayec

• Plantmonster
    • the underman forever
« Reply #90 on: 20 Sep 2011, 02:31 »

Wait, so QC takes place in Northamptong, Vietnam?  :psyduck:

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #91 on: 20 Sep 2011, 02:38 »

Anyone have the hook to drag Padma stage left?

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #92 on: 20 Sep 2011, 02:48 »

Let's hope she has read her own manual and also the warning label on the spray (or did a quick spectrometer analysis, whichever is easier).

Padma humor! Oh! <3 <3 <3 <3

That may be bad news for the boys. It doesn't look like Padma's sense of humor is compatible with that of either of the suitor-wannabes' (if you can call them that). Nor with the other males. Well, Jim might be an exception?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #93 on: 20 Sep 2011, 03:13 »

Well, his last girlfriend was a stoner, too.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #94 on: 20 Sep 2011, 03:17 »

Well, Dora's parents smoked weed. We just saw her get a contact high.

On yesterday, Marten's lack of butt has been mentioned before. So it's not like her comment was completely out of nowhere. (Although I was expecting a comment about Sven's butt) She liked Marten's butt when she had feelings for Marten and now she likes Angus' butt because she has feelings for Angus. Maybe my circle of friends are all jerks with thicker skins but their banter isn't beyond us, down to the "Why does that hurt my feelings."
Also Faye smirk is both nauseating and adorable.

Much props to Jeph for the backgrounds today. They're stunning.
I assume Momo used the bug spray because other people were and she just didn't question it. Her and Marten's look at each about Padma's joke is brilliant.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2011, 04:34 by pwhodges »

John_Knee

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #95 on: 20 Sep 2011, 03:53 »

Never mind that Marten is wearing shorts, if you're gonna criticize Faye's choice of color, what about that hideous ensemble of yellow-beige that Marten is wearing. Yikes

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=139

I'm not sure Faye has the right to critisise the colour choices of other characters...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #96 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:03 »

Poor Momo.  She was just trying to fit in and then Padma had to go make a (albeit funny) computer joke.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #97 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:04 »

Well, Dora's parents smoked weed. We just saw her get a contact high.
Really?  Maybe I'm remembering it wrong I thought only Marten declined, and she smoked.  I don't think she does it regularly, though.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #98 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:22 »

Poor Momo.  She was just trying to fit in and then Padma had to go make a (albeit funny) computer joke.

While I saw the joke, all that went through my mind with the punchline was, "If you have to explain it, it's not funny."
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #99 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:39 »

Maybe my circle of friends are all jerks with thicker skins but their banter isn't beyond us, down to the "Why does that hurt my feelings."

I really think some people here are incapable of understanding the way different social circles work outside of their specific ones. I have one circle of friends where if I wasn't occasionally being insulted I would start to worry that something is bothering them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up