THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: The "wink wink" Thread 2010: This Time It's Personal  (Read 432899 times)

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Berndsen - Lover In The Dark[2009]

Code: [Select]
http://www.mediaf!re.com/?ky12r2gydjtNo review, sorry.
Supertime
Hisspace
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

slammo

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
The "wink wink" Thread 2010: This Time It's Personal
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2010, 15:06 »

Berndsen - Lover In The Dark[2009]

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?ky12r2gydjtNo review, sorry.
Supertime
Hisspace

that video is raw

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2010, 16:29 »

Wheeeeeeee

Mein Tumblr

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2010, 17:54 »

Iceland,

medicatesleep

• Furry furrier
    • The RIAA hates you
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2010, 19:19 »

TIME TO SHOOT SOME ADRENALINE INTO THIS THREAD'S ARM!

Kylesa - Time Will Fuse It's Worth (2006)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?dn5zmnrnrm2There's a lot of shit in the heavy music world. IMO it's pretty fucking recycled. This is not one of those bands. Although they did put a new one out in 2009, I feel this album is their finest moment. They really let their drummer shine in the production and that is always the foundation for a good rock album. Enjoy.

The Scheme - demos (2004)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?mmxgmz2d2o4If you like Texas Is The Reason and Oasis you'll love this

Coliseum - Goddamage (2005)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?fw3qyymngkwIf you like Black Flag, Fucked Up, Cursed, ect you should have this.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

medicatesleep

• Furry furrier
    • The RIAA hates you
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jan 2010, 19:25 »

Jo Yeong-Wook's Oldboy soundtrack (2003)
http://www.mediaf!re.com/?zzzjzdv2y5n
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Finin

• Obscure cultural reference
  • scratch marchin'
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jan 2010, 20:14 »

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?sharekey=d36d3d04cd9a2b031bee9a6e9edd9c76a5f006e1cafb592b8fc250f3b72c7f6c

Sorry about the huge code, not sure if I've done it right.

Edit: fixed it, thank you zombiedude 
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjygednbm2n
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2010, 21:46 by Finin »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jan 2010, 20:43 »

You're supposed to rar, or zip it, so all you need to do is download one big file.

Mein Tumblr

FidelityCastro

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2010, 15:58 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojgnx4mkydt
I really enjoy it when I find an instrumental album I can actually say is engaging and "fun" to listen to. This one fits the bill nicely. Booker T. Jones with the Drive-by Truckers and Neil Young laying some sweet guitar out over it. Definitely a summer album, so sorry for the bad timing, but stow this one away for your next barbecue.

Here is the review from Rolling Stone:

It's fitting that Patterson Hood, son of Muscle Shoals bassist David Hood, should record with his dad's Southern-soul peer, 64-year-old Stax-session kingpin Booker T. Jones. Add Neil Young and Hood's bandmates in Drive-By Truckers, and what might've been a generic awards-show jam turns out to be a badass set of MG's-style instrumentals. Jones' sweet, thick Hammond B-3 riffs are spiked with Truckers' roughneck (and surprisingly funky) Southern rock and some exceptionally lyrical, focused Young guitar leads. The originals feel like old standards. But the cover of OutKast's "Hey Ya" is the zinger: It's Southern race-mixing party music come full circle.

WILL HERMES

(Posted: Apr 30, 2009)

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2010, 16:47 »

SomethingALaMode - s/t [2009]

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?edymxmz22wn
french. dance pop meets two classically trained string performers, a violinist and cellist. unofficially labeled "electro-string." so. fucking. good.

edit: track 3 if it's corrupt for anyone else:

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?ynhtq0mhwky
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2010, 23:47 by scarred »
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jan 2010, 17:18 »

<3

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 2010, 19:07 »

Track 3 is corrupt for whatever reason. could you be awesome and re up it?

Mein Tumblr

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jan 2010, 23:47 »

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?ynhtq0mhwky

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2010, 03:41 »

Dappled Cities - Zounds (2009)

http://www.mediafire.com/?y5m0y2zj1rz
Quote from: allmusic by Stewart Mason
Australian quintet Dappled Cities (known as Dappled Cities Fly on their first album) blend the playful grandiosity of the Flaming Lips and Grandaddy with the chillier sonic explorations of Sigur Rós, for a sound that at times recalls the mixture of pop song smarts and progressive pomp that both Genesis and their former leader Peter Gabriel perfected around the turn of the '80s. The band's roots are in the suburbs of Sydney, Australia, where teenage school friends Tim Derricourt (guitar and vocals), Dave Rennick (keyboards, guitar, and vocals), Alex Moore (bass), and Hugh Boyce (drums) formed a quartet called Periwinkle that played neighborhood all-ages shows and school functions. Once the bandmembers were all of legal age in 2001, the group moved into Sydney's competitive club circuit, changing its name to the deliberately silly and pretentious Dappled Cities Fly. Several years of local and regional gigs, coupled with a handful of singles and EPs, led to the release of Dappled Cities Fly's debut album, A Smile, in the fall of 2004. Following that album, several changes took place within the band: adjunct touring keyboardist Ned Cooke was promoted to a full member of the band, the group signed to the Australian label Speak and Spell Records, and the bandmembers shortened their name to the somewhat less affected Dappled Cities. Their first release under the new name, Granddance, was released in November 2006 in Australia; Speak and Spell reissued A Smile on the same day. A U.S. release of Granddance was planned for March 2007.

This is their 3rd album; here is a link to a youtube of the album's 1st single, "The Price". They're pretty fun, and wore the light suits at their album launch I went to in 2009. AWESOME.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2010, 05:46 »

Two posts in a row, but only because this is a different genre and it Deserves As Much.

Horrorshow - Inside Story (2009)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?zjnnjjnm5md
Horrorshow is two dude, Solo and Addit who are 19 and recently signed to the Elefant Traks group, who include The Herd and Urthboy. They're from Sydney's rough and dirty inner west and proud of it. They recently toured with Urthboy for their 2nd album launch Inside Story. They've worked with Jane Tyrell of The Herd and El Gusto of Hermitude and Spit Syndicate.

If you don't know Aussie hiphop those names mean nothing to you. Solo is sort of like a young Urthboy, if you listened to the Spitshine album I uploaded. 'Found', "In my Haze" and "Walk you Home" are my favourites probably.

Zingoleb

« Reply #15 on: 04 Jan 2010, 09:17 »

Find it hilarious that trying to look up "daft punk" in this thread brings up one result for daft punk and a ton of results for 'this band is like daft punk'.

Oh well, there's always good stuff to mine.

Unibang3r

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #16 on: 04 Jan 2010, 11:32 »

A Lot Like Birds - Plan B (2009)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dynojq13jdt
A pretty epic Sacramento band thats been receiving a lot of publicity lately. If you're into weird genre bending metal/experi-metal; you've just found your new favorite band.

Here's what underthegun had to say about them....

A Lot Like Birds is a troupe of seven kindred yet wildly different souls from Sacramento, California.  Founders Michael Franzino and Michael Littlefield, multi-instrumentalist and bassist, after growing out of respective ska and punk rock scenes, collected an eclectic group of musicians from miscellaneous genres and projects: originally intended as guests on Michael and Michael’s debut album, “Plan B,” Cory Lockwood, screamer, and Ben Wiacek, guitarist (of post-hardcore project, Discovery Of A Lifelong Error), Athena Koumis, violinist (of folk-rock project, Life as Ghosts), Juli Lydell, vocalist/keyboardist, and Tyler Lydell, drummer (of experimental-folk project, The Dreaded Diamond), one by one, all unexpectedly became integral units of the project, banding around the Michaels.

Music on any kind of epic scale is not exactly America or the world’s cup of tea, but for those who get it, it’s considered an art form. If that the case here, I think A Lot Like Birds may just be the Rembrandt we’ve all been waiting for. Luckily for all of you, the band has made their debut record  FREE FOR DOWNLOAD on their Myspace [link below]. Here’s my advice: Download it, find the finest pair of headphones you have, light a few candles, kill any room electric lighting, and allow yourself to be absorbed in this record. You won’t regret or forget it.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jan 2010, 11:54 »

Black Moth Super Rainbow - The Autumn Kaleidoscope Got Changed [2009]

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?znizdom2jtn
The Autumn Kaleidoscope Got Changed was a bunch of songs the band distributed to friends and family in 2001 by burning CDR copies from Tobacco's dad's computer. It's a lot more acoustic than other BMSR stuff but no less awesome. Also features early versions of tracks off of the band's first two albums. Very delicious.

I've had the last two weeks off work and I was not looking forward to working today, but this has totally made up for it.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Mr Fantasy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2010, 13:27 »

Find it hilarious that trying to look up "daft punk" in this thread brings up one result for daft punk and a ton of results for 'this band is like daft punk'.

Maybe it's trying to tell you something.  The A Lot Like Birds album looks promising.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jan 2010, 16:58 »

The first song on that album is call Ted Bundy's Thanksgiving Dinner

Mein Tumblr

AanAllein

• Furry furrier
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jan 2010, 17:32 »

First up, new Vampire Weekend (actually reasonable quality, 256 k - not amazing but sounds fine). It's not Neil Young saying Vampire Weekend over and over again either, unlike the previous upload (apparently).

Vampire Weekend - Contra (2010)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?2dqnzymyujd
Plus, as a bonus, the debut EP from Comic Sans, a local Brisbane "disco garage" band (actually a pretty apt descripion). It's a small EP and definitely worth checking out! Skittery and danceable rock with some hooks thrown in for good measure.

Comic Sans - Digital Natives (2009)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?wmmjodqn4yb
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2010, 17:29 by AanAllein »

Zingoleb

« Reply #21 on: 04 Jan 2010, 22:28 »

256 isn't amazing?

Seriously, I can't tell the difference after 160.

AanAllein

• Furry furrier
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jan 2010, 23:44 »

Well, i can call it amazing quality, if it would make you happier

Zingoleb

« Reply #23 on: 04 Jan 2010, 23:47 »

Nothing makes me happy.

My life is a gaping pit void of all light and happiness. Joy is sucked out me every waking moment.

Then I listen to Daft Punk and everything doesn't seem nearly so bad.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jan 2010, 02:06 »

Guys, Daft Punk is not good in anyway... so can we all move on now?

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #25 on: 05 Jan 2010, 05:17 »

Red Riders - Drown In Colour (2009)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?mom32nbywni
I couldn't find a reputable review of this band, but they are pretty good. I guess they are like indie rock. Their two singles from this album are on youtube here and here.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #26 on: 05 Jan 2010, 05:56 »

Vampire Weekend - Contra (2010)\

this is so much fun. and way better than their debut. also horchata and cousins (the two singles) are pretty much the worst songs on the album

You Are Brahman!

• Plantmonster
    • Rumbelow
« Reply #27 on: 05 Jan 2010, 11:23 »

256 isn't amazing?

Seriously, I can't tell the difference after 160.
Big volume and big speakers will help you hear the difference.   

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #28 on: 05 Jan 2010, 11:47 »

I cannot tell what good music is.

FYP  :wink:
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #29 on: 05 Jan 2010, 11:50 »

Only album I can stand is the 2007 one.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #30 on: 05 Jan 2010, 16:54 »

Metronomy - Nights Out[2008]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tg4i0mh2g2a/Nights out.rar
The breathless hype about Glasvegas may hoist their grandiose plod into the charts, but to my ears, there's no argument about which is the most entertaining and innovative of this week's young British contenders.

Fresh from his contribution to Roots Manuva's new album, Metronomy main man Joseph Mount has expanded his own project to a trio, his old Devon chums Gabriel Stebbing (bass, keys) and Oscar Cash (sax, keys) joining as full-time members to facilitate live performances.

They contribute little, however, to Nights Out, which Mount conceived as a concept-album about a night on the town. This would be fine, were one able to spend the night in question jaunting between London, New York, Louisiana and wherever else he draws his inspiration from. Because although Nights Out is yet another solo electropop album from a chap who probably spends more time than is healthy staring at a computer screen, it displays an ambition way beyond Metronomy's peers, and Mount clearly has the artistic and technical grasp to bring his plans to fruition.

"Nights Out Intro" opens the album on a bathetic electronic groan – as if the machines were waking up – further roused by a combination of bizarrely de-tuned guitar and a rasp of synth that recalls The Residents' wonky avant-rock. It's followed by "The End of You Too", an infectious blend of popcorn synth and sprung-heeled guitar which has no sooner established itself before it's shifting tempo back and forth between funereal melancholy and E-number urgency. Mount's arranging skills are at their best, though, on the single "Radio Ladio", where the various instrumental elements – the tart guitar figures, the skeletal funk bass, the endlessly syncopating drums – interlock with a zesty itch akin to New Orleans rhythm crew The Meters.

Lyrically, while few lines stand out as poetically adept or well-wrought, Mount has actually succeeded in conveying something like his intended narrative arc, with "Heartbreaker", a particularly impressive depiction of how two friends fall out over a girl – not because they both fancy her, but because her boyfriend is always complaining to his friend about her, to the point where a straight-talking response torpedoes their friendship: it's the anti-"She Loves You", a sentiment long overdue.

Mein Tumblr

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #31 on: 05 Jan 2010, 19:11 »

Decoder Ring - They Blind the Stars, And the Wild Team (2009)

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?qli2otyd55m
Here is a rave review of it on Webwombat though I don't know if they are reputable source. They are like experimental rock / electro or something.

Try it!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #32 on: 05 Jan 2010, 23:19 »

That certainly is an album cover.

Downloading.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
    • Confessions of a Creative Writer
« Reply #33 on: 06 Jan 2010, 03:01 »

I did a search on this thread but couldn't see this, so apologies if it has already been uploaded. However, I have been coming and taking and feel only proper to give.

Because I missed the most blatantly obvious aspect of posting something first time round, here it is:

Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind of Cadwallader

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?nyfi5ecnm2g
Review from Can You See The Sunset From the South?

After hearing their widely-circulated demo it has seemed like almost everyone (myself included) was chomping at the bit for a full-length from the Algernon Cadwallader. So now that these Philly boys have delivered Some Kind Of Cadwallader, we can all go to sleep a little bit happier. Their bubbly and spastic mid-90’s Midwest emo diatribes are straight out of the schmap’n schmazz playbook but anchored by enough twinkling melodies and intertwining circular guitar lines that (despite the shouty vocals) Some Kind Of Cadwallader manages to escape sounding just like an Analphabetapolothology redux.

Some Kind Of Cadwallader is angularly infectious and overflowing with youthful, buoyant energy that makes me feel about a dozen years younger than I really am. It is a wonderfully refreshing album that has been in constant rotation here at casa de Sunset and really makes you believe that you can’t look at the sky without looking right through it. Somewhere, the Kinsella brothers are smiling.

Hopefully I've done everything properly, and if there are no problems I'll maybe upload something Scottish later.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2010, 09:45 by KaosPilot »

Zingoleb

« Reply #34 on: 06 Jan 2010, 03:51 »

Hey, whoever uploaded Daft Punk's "Alive 2007" - there is a weird jump between songs, was that a bad rip or is my computer being stupid?

aflowerchild

• Larger than most fish
  • GONZO
« Reply #35 on: 06 Jan 2010, 07:34 »

Awesome the new Vampire Weekend makes me HAPPY!

and I got the Live 2007 Album also, I think it's a bad rip.
Saving every penny like Inspector Gadget reruns.

Mr. Tool

• Furry furrier
  • 1978 Whittling Champion (Southwest Region)
« Reply #36 on: 06 Jan 2010, 08:45 »

I did a search on this thread but couldn't see this, so apologies if it has already been uploaded. However, I have been coming and taking and feel only proper to give.

Hopefully I've done everything properly, and if there are no problems I'll maybe upload something Scottish later.
Listing the artist and album title in your post helps the search function work 100% better.

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
« Reply #37 on: 06 Jan 2010, 10:28 »

I'm a muppet and have fixed my previous post. I return to offer this, which isn't Scottish but I've only got Mearsault in MP4 format so if there's demand for some Scottish electro-folk I'll rejig it to mp3 and upload it tomorrow. Also, the search function is being a bit wank for me but I've only seen one other Native album posted and it wasn't this.

Native - Wrestling Moves

They're a 4-piece indie/math-rock band from Indiana.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4kcmain2bi

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #38 on: 06 Jan 2010, 13:18 »

things are gettin' questionable 'round these parts

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #39 on: 06 Jan 2010, 14:22 »

OK, it's about time ... heavy/psych rock megapost!

First, a repost of something that expired a while back:

The Ganjas - The Ganjas

Swirly, fuzzy, laid back psychedelic rock from Chile.  Super groovy and highly recommended.  It's a shining example of its genre and I often find myself playing it for people who wouldn't normally listen to it because it's more widely accessible than a lot of the other retro psych-rock stuff it resembles (Dead Meadow, Moccasin, etc.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xkmmxhmvvwm
Giant Squid - The Icthyologist

Very eclectic stuff, theoretically falls under "post-metal" but covers a wider range than that musically.  Epic shit.  Giant Squid is an extremely interesting and cool band and totally worth your time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozniyjgxmtf
Under Brooklyn Palms - Gestruppgestrauch

Some of this is straightforward heavy psych in the vein of Kyuss, Causa Sui, Colour Haze, etc.  Some of it is a bit more off the beaten path ("Tiredness" in particular is really sweet and not stoner rock at all, kinda flamenco-y even).  I keep coming back to this album, I've had it for a couple years and I've rediscovered it a few times, I figure it's about time to share.  I really like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nyzymlgzmnd
Ten East - Extraterrestrial Highway

Ten East is an instrumental project by a bunch of guys from the Palm Desert scene, including a couple ex-Kyuss guys.  Brant Bjork is on this album, as is Mario Lalli from Fatso Jetson and Yawning Man, and on a different album by them that I don't have (The Robot's Guide To Freedom), Scott Reeder and Greg Ginn(!) also played.  It's sweet stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y0oygwuguyt
YOB - The Great Cessation

The return of the doom metal behemoth YOB is everything it should be: crushingly, mindnumbingly, heavy and hideously, souldrainingly dark.  If you enjoy doom metal, this is top fucking quality.  If you don't, this will probably not be listenable to you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wkijjiyebem
The Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound - Ekranoplan

This is pretty straightforward retro heavy psych rock.  If you like Dead Meadow, Comets on Fire, Colour Haze, the Ganjas album above, etc., this is solid stuff.  Echo-y vocals and sweet riffs and pretty awesome songwriting and musicianship make this an easy pick.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ndenrznhydy
Sula Bassana - The Night

This album's pretty spacey stuff.  Think Hawkwind, krautrock, that kind of thing.  It's all instrumental and there are a lot of synths in addition to the rock band skeleton.  It's really interesting, I just found this album and I'm starting to get really into it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qtdzzm53zma
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #40 on: 06 Jan 2010, 14:39 »

Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound are hell of rad.

edit: Brant Bjork what? Must download that Ten East album.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

minus_the_david

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #41 on: 06 Jan 2010, 14:51 »

I'm a muppet and have fixed my previous post. I return to offer this, which isn't Scottish but I've only got Mearsault in MP4 format so if there's demand for some Scottish electro-folk I'll rejig it to mp3 and upload it tomorrow. Also, the search function is being a bit wank for me but I've only seen one other Native album posted and it wasn't this.

Native - Wrestling Moves

They're a 4-piece indie/math-rock band from Indiana.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?w4kcmain2bi

Native sucks...not even worth a download...unless of course you like a rip off of These Arms are Snakes, and Minus the Bear, with a bit of a sceneness thrown it...but still not worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Reed

« Reply #42 on: 06 Jan 2010, 18:47 »

I've been on a Wu-Tang kick lately, so I thought I'd share some of the albums I've picked up over the years. I'm going to start it off with the Wu-Chronicles. It's a compilation of work done by members of the Wu up until 1999, there are some really great tracks on this album.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tz5yjnyzkdz
If there's any interest I can throw up The W and Wu-Tang Forever.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #43 on: 06 Jan 2010, 19:55 »

Native sucks...not even worth a download...unless of course you like a rip off of These Arms are Snakes, and Minus the Bear, with a bit of a sceneness thrown it...but still not worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, guy, play nice.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Zingoleb

« Reply #44 on: 06 Jan 2010, 20:23 »

Rules:

No hot-linking images or albums. You can re-host images at http://imageshack.us.

Ensure your tags are correct and that you have specified both Artist/Album in your post.

Upload your files in either a .zip or a .rar archive to mediaf!re.com, in multiple parts if the album is over 100mbs. The reason for this is that we know mediaf!re is safe and efficient and allows multiple downloads. The ads on other sites, such as Sendspace, are known to contain viruses on the page. Get yourself checked out.

Post your link using code tags. It's the # icon above the policeman emoticon. This prevents the links from being traced back to the forums, lowering the chance that the wrong people notice the thread, potentially threatening Jeph with legal action.

Also, please do NOT request albums. This includes requests for re-uploads; if you miss it, try looking for it somewhere else.

Repost the rules at the top of each new page.

Zingoleb

« Reply #45 on: 06 Jan 2010, 20:34 »

Also tender I love you and I want to baby your brain brain your baby have your brain's baby
                                                                                                              /        
                                                                                                     (that one)
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2010, 15:48 by Zingoleb »

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #46 on: 06 Jan 2010, 21:19 »

Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound are hell of rad.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
« Reply #47 on: 07 Jan 2010, 03:58 »

Okay, returning this time with something nice and new and I'd imagine relatively unheard.

Sparrow and the Workshop - Sleight of Hand EP

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?zkjzwijjntj
The current Scottish music scene is healthily diverse, and now Sparrow and the Workshop bring another genre to the mix: country and western. Having only formed last year, the Scottish-Welsh-American trio’s debut EP opens with a brooding vocal harmony between singer Jill O’Sullivan (formerly known as Dead Sparrow) and drummer Gregor Donaldson, before Devil Song kicks into life with a Rawhide scuffle. That dustbowl-Americana sound is pervasive: O’Sullivan twists her vocals with a Tennessee twang, and tracks like The Gun and I Will Break You revel in olde world, hard-livin’ romanticism. But don’t dismiss this band as a dug-up musical time capsule; with this first release they have woven their unique strand into the fabric of the sound of Scotland in 2009.

Review from http://lotsofrandomwords.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/sparrow-and-the-workshop-sleight-of-hand/

aflowerchild

• Larger than most fish
  • GONZO
« Reply #48 on: 07 Jan 2010, 07:20 »

Is there any chance someone could re-up the Ratatat Album posted a while back? The self titled album.
That would be much appreciated.
Thank ye.
Saving every penny like Inspector Gadget reruns.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #49 on: 07 Jan 2010, 12:54 »

Is there any chance someone could re-up the Ratatat Album posted a while back? The self titled album.
That would be much appreciated.
Thank ye.

Dude, rules.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44   Go Up