Moment of the Week?

It's a secret! (waffles)
No peeking!
Hanners continuing to peek anyway.
The unmentionable DAAAAAANG
Pintsize's coma
"Damn, girl!"
Mister gentleman
First he was all :D, and then he was :), but soon he was :|, and finally he was :(
BOOBS!
Happy Arbor Day 2003!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011  (Read 235095 times)

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
Re: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011
« Reply #200 on: 15 Nov 2011, 06:54 »

Aaaaawww I found this strip to be very cute. I'm glad for Marten, he deserves some good time even though it might be short.
I don't think he'd take kindly to that statement. Never doubt another bros wang-stamina. :-D

Hm, yeah. Elliot WILL be a factor in this. You never know how people inexperienced with affection react to something they see as a "betrayal" of sorts. Lets hope neither Padma's Kalaripayattu, nor Faye's Punch-Fu have to be exercised in any way... I don't like blood in this comic. °O
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

TheEvilDog

« Reply #201 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:04 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Heh......Wait......purple boxers? Tries to never get angry?

Oh sweet merciful AI in the sky! MARTEN REED IS REALLY BRUCE BANNER!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #202 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:05 »

Oh. Okay, NOW I know why this thread hit six pages overnight.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #203 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:07 »

I was going to say something similar to Carl-E. Dancing in a short, tight dress and granny-panties is not comfortable. I only tend to wear my "sexy" undergarments when it's laundry day and I'm running low on the regulars.

Welu, your Christopher Walken avatar...and THAT post...ohhhh my brain    :lol:

= = =

I wonder if Jeph is really aware of how extremely conservative Indian culture can be about dating and relationships outside their race. While Padma, as first-generation, may have no problems when she's out on her own, when she's back with her family, that may be a whole different ball of wax ... let alone the issues of a long-distance relationship.  

OK, that's totally jumping the gun. Padma may or may not say it was a fling, Marten may or may not be OK with it. (goshdarn razzum frazzum addictive serial storytelling)

The Looming Emotionally Fragile Elliot may be a real problem for Marten; it's easy to see how Eliot might feel like he got backstabbed. "Sneaky little bastard got me to blow my chances with Padma, and then he slipped in." But, in a way it's good to see that Marten is not letting excessive consideration about someone else's problems get in the way of his own life. That in itself is something of a stepup from the S.N.A.G./doormat characterization that SOME people seem to put on Marten.  

« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 08:04 by Throg »
SQUEEZE BOX

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #204 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:12 »

[ ... ]That in itself is something of a stepup from the S.N.A.G./doormat characterization that SOME people seem to put on Marten.  
At least now they won't be able to call him the "sexless inkeeper" (apologies to HIMYM) anymore. Way to go, Martipants!

Heh, purple boxers.

This. I lol'd.

Sylentknight

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #205 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:13 »

I'm am so overwhelmingly happy for Marten (and Padma) right now. However, this forum bus is moving so fast that I wasn't sure about jumping on.

I won't get into the slut argument. I've actually witnessed the male version of that many years ago (five different girls in one night and he looked like hell the next day).
But I have to ask...did the slut word get thrown around like this when Faye started having sex with Sven? I don't remember.

What Marten  and Padma have may fall under the category of the "benefits" package (is that a archaic term yet?) which could arguably be considered requiring a more "adult"  and experienced perspective of relationships. Something not everyone, even those who practice it, are capable of. I do hope Marten comes out a tad wistful but otherwise happy after this when Padma leaves. Marten has gone from relationship to relationship as far as we know, and that may not always be a good thing. Just because you have sex with someone doesn't mean you should have a relationship with them. Of course Jeph may be setting things up for Marten to deal with his own issues if he actually does feel the need to follow her. What if what's happening now with Padma is similar to events that led Marten to leave California? If it is, maybe we'll get a little reflection on the part of Marten's character in a big reveal conversation with Faye, since as we all know, the conversation with Faye is coming.  :-D

-edit-
Does Elliot ever have to find out? Marten has no reason to go back to the bakery once Padma is gone, however because Padma tends to act before she thinks there is the very real possibility that she may say or do something at the bakery that gives everything away.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 07:22 by Sylentknight »

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #206 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:16 »

i've really enjoyed this arc and i think this strip was a good one. Yay Marty!

a few thoughts:
Words on Padma's underwear as a tell-tale sign that this whole evening was all an evil plan to jump Marten? I think it's a bit of a stretch. i have a bunch of underwear with words on them and i think they're funny. and i wear them often, sometimes to work! not all women take their underwear seriously.  :-P

I think they are just two people who are attracted to each other, wanted close physical contact and actually managed to get somewhere after a little liquid courage. Whether someone is in a relationship or not, sometimes intimacy CAN just be about the fun of sex. I think both of them know that this is not going to turn into a relationship.

My only gripes?

One- The Marten/Elliot thing. It would have been nice for there to be another male around but if/when Elliot finds out I can't imagine him being all too pleased. Plus, I was secretly hoping that if he became part of the regular group, there might eventually be some Hanners/Elliott chemistry (or at least something similar to chemistry that would have made sense for Hanners. They were just so cute during that whole awkward bakery time).

Two- Not cool to leave your friends in favor of a boink. I can think of a few different ways they could have gone about the situation that would not have been quite so "see-ya-later-i'm-gonna-go-have-sex-now".
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #207 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:22 »

Happy aniversary?

No, that's over at LICD.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #208 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:35 »

Heh, purple boxers.

No he isn't.

TheEvilDog: look at the last four letters of my screen name. And then heed the following advice.

"Don't get me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

(Yes, I was being called "The Incredible Houk" and "Houkster" back when the show was on originally. I did not mind it one bit.)
Just another Joe like 46

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #209 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:43 »

Aaaaawww I found this strip to be very cute. I'm glad for Marten, he deserves some good time even though it might be short.
I don't think he'd take kindly to that statement. Never doubt another bros wang-stamina. :-D

I just meant that Padma will be leaving soon, so that means less possible fun moments for Marten :P

drewdane

• Plantmonster
« Reply #210 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:44 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Looked like boxer briefs to me, but that doesn't compute since Martin is apparently straight.

HeavyP

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Woo!
« Reply #211 on: 15 Nov 2011, 07:47 »

Two- Not cool to leave your friends in favor of a boink. I can think of a few different ways they could have gone about the situation that would not have been quite so "see-ya-later-i'm-gonna-go-have-sex-now".

Ehn, if it's done on a regular basis it would be douchebaggery.  In this case, though, I think his friends will understand just fine (waiting for Faye to dig out the "Arbor Day 2003" banner from wherever Pintsize stashed it).

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #212 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:05 »

Is Marten really friends with Elliot?

Marten was attracted to Padma before he even knew about Elliot. Just because Elliot's been pining for her for God knows how long, he doesn't have a claim on her.

Then when Marten comes around, Elliot tries to play the bros before hos card on him? If Elliot had any decency he would have made a move towards Padma long ago, and failing that, butt out when someone else came along.

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #213 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:06 »

I wonder if Jeph is really aware of how extremely conservative Indian culture can be about dating and relationships outside their race. While Padma, as first-generation, may have no problems when she's out on her own, when she's back with her family, that may be a whole different ball of wax ... let alone the issues of a long-distance relationship.  

I can be his reference book for that. I'm the f**king walking, talking encyclopedia on the topic.

Why yes, I'm still bitter. Why do you ask?

On topicness, as I stated last week, I'm glad Marten got a break and had something good happen to him. I am also waiting for the inevitable fallout which will cause Marten misery. As Jeph himself said, Marten's happiness has been written out of the comic, so it is a realistic attitude to hold.

Although I do thank Jeph for making this comic FAR more work friendly than the Faye shenanigans. I mean, it's not as big a deal now that I've been promoted from a cubicle serf to an office seigneur, but it still makes things easier.

I think I won't get involved in the ongoing debate. Maybe next year I'll be the lone voice against what the vocal majority so smugly considers "right."

@Sylentknight I think that man far exceeds slutdom. I don't think there is a strong enough word to describe something so depraved and despicable.

@Akima is that really mauve? It looks like a regular, plain purple to me. What's the "type" that is supposed to wear it? I only ask out of curiosity, as I only own serviceable boxers.

camelopard

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #214 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:12 »

The real question is how did Pintsize breakout of the closet he was thrown into and what the heck is he doing on the floor?

Kyrendis

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #215 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:24 »

Marten is an adult and though he might get understandably mopey he should be realistic enough to understand how this is not going to turn into a relationship.
He is mature enough to know that what he feels for Padma is infatuation and that this was an act of lust and nothing more.

And even if he would be immature enough to not comprehend that, why would this make the act any worse from Padma's side? It's not her duty to coddle a guy she barely knows.

Well, I can see where they'd get that idea, since I don't think there has been a sexual encounter in this comic yet that has not led to some kind of emotional attachment, relationship or otherwise. It's really just seeing patterns at that point.

Warning - while you were reading 19 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

... Damn it guys, I took a five minute shower...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #216 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:25 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Looked like boxer briefs to me, but that doesn't compute since Martin is apparently straight.

The joke is that Bruce Banner, the Incredible Hulk, wore purple pants.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #217 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:28 »

Oh. Okay, NOW I know why this thread hit six pages overnight.

And this is just Tuesday.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #218 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:30 »

While Padma, as first-generation, may have no problems when she's out on her own, when she's back with her family, that may be a whole different ball of wax ... let alone the issues of a long-distance relationship.  

I don't know that Padma's first generation... Gramma's here in this country, so she may be the immigrant, with the parents being first generation (and so somewhat restricted in the way you mention) and Padma being considerably free-er as a second generation... person.  Although the parents may well be immigrants who brought Gramma over from the old country.  

None of which really matters if there's no LDR/LTR coming out of this.  I think Marten will be OK with being a boyfling.  

Eventually.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #219 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:48 »

But I have to ask...did the slut word get thrown around like this when Faye started having sex with Sven? I don't remember.

A fair bit - but in reference to Sven, not Faye.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #220 on: 15 Nov 2011, 08:52 »

I notice that Jeph's artwork has progressed from "Bras are weird to draw" to the current "Bras are hard to draw".
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Deadlywonky

• Furry furrier
  • Homeopathy. The air guitar of medicine.
« Reply #221 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:09 »

@Sylentknight I think that man far exceeds slutdom. I don't think there is a strong enough word to describe something so depraved and despicable.

Manwhore?

[edit] just noticed that Jeph is now answering questions on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/md8pd/i_am_jeph_jacques_author_of_questionable_content/

[edit]

« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 09:17 by Deadlywonky »
So two scientists walk into a bar and decide to have a drinking competition, the first scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 please". The second scientist says "I'll have a glass of H20 too"

Naturally the first scientist won.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #222 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:21 »

...Marten and Padma you two are just yes. This is the best thing. ESPECIALLY Padma's notation on her boobs.

I wish Padma did not have to go, she is an incredibly fun character and her dynamic with Marten that's been built up is wonderful. But at least, in this case, I think no matter what happens (go for long-distance/be a boyfling/BACK TO CALIFORNIA FOR MARTEN?!?!?) Marten will be OK and have had a really positive experience with a fine-ass lady.

And hey even if she goes she could come back? I would want her back.

Okay yeah going back to not posting but I will leave you with what may be, to my mind, an appropriate booty-dance soundtrack

you shoulda heard (Marty?) JUST AROUND MIDNIGHT
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 09:40 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

NotAwesomeAnymore

• Furry furrier
« Reply #223 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:33 »

Sarah, Ellen, Nat, any chance at happiness for Marten

Are we basing our analysis of the comic on just this? The more I reread it, the more I'm just like LOL. Seems to be in response to readers complaining about how much his life sucks. Maybe it was just a rough patch for Marten.

Hebes

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #224 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:46 »

Yeah, it sounded to me like Jeph was kidding there.
~Hebes

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #225 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:58 »

There is still a loooooooooooot of females to pair up with Marten, if Jeph should choose to want to do so.

I was in a similar situation once. We decided to make the most of what little time we had left and always look back fondly on it.
If you decide to do THAT together it becomes incredibly easy to let it go and move on again.
(Or at least in my apathetic opinion it did. °O)

edit:
Eventually, Marten WILL have to answer the question Padma asked: "What now?"
That is a question with HUGE ramifications.

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #226 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:09 »

3. I also amusedly approve of "DAAAAAANG" panties (or boxers), though I cannot say how well of a marketable item it would be.  I do wonder now, however... is the "DAAAAAANG" on the back or the front...?
It's on the back. Not enough room on the front. Also: I would totally buy a pair of DAAAAANG panties. I think they'd sell very well, especially among the aerodynamically curvaceous and those who appreciate them.

Not cool to leave your friends in favor of a boink. I can think of a few different ways they could have gone about the situation that would not have been quite so "see-ya-later-i'm-gonna-go-have-sex-now".
It was the end of the night. People would have started going to bed and/or passing out in a few minutes anyway. Totally cool.

Black Sword

« Reply #227 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:18 »

Manwhore?

I still kinda feel that's a slap on the wrist. "Helbound tainted soul damned for all eternity" is still too mild, hence my conundrum.

edit:

Yes. I just hope he says exactly what he thinks and wants, and does not make the mistake of thinking it is more about her than him.

drewdane

• Plantmonster
« Reply #228 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:23 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Yes, I got the joke and made a funny of my own.

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #229 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:24 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Yes, I got the joke and made a funny of my own.
Straight guys don't wear boxer briefs? Oh man, now I'm all confused about my sexuality.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #230 on: 15 Nov 2011, 10:44 »

What does this mean for Marten? We've never seen him do casual. Granted that may have been for lack of opportunity, but he may believe that Sensitive Guys are supposed to get emotionally involved. Doing so now would result in making him unhappy, so it must be about to happen.
Err, what gives you the idea this is casual ? So far I havent felt any lack of emotional involvement on Marten's side.

Excellent point. I'd been assuming that rapid meant casual: you're right, it doesn't.

I think the quote people are looking for is "I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do".

A female friend once told me that wearing sexy underwear can be a slow-motion approach to masturbation. Have something black and slinky hidden under your clothes all day reminding you that you're a sexual creature, then go home to the vibrator.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #231 on: 15 Nov 2011, 11:16 »

Manwhore?

I still kinda feel that's a slap on the wrist. "Helbound tainted soul damned for all eternity" is still too mild, hence my conundrum.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) men are generally MUCH less likely to care about such labels than women are. Especially the men performing the behavior that earns them the label.

Also, far as Padma leaving is concerned, let's not forget that whenever she's mentioned her Grandma she's implied that Grandma may be on her last legs. So she could die before Padma leaves, or shortly after she arrives in California. In either case, Padma would feel obligated to stay for the funeral and to give and receive comfort from family members. But after that she may then feel little further incentive to stay, and may find Marten a strong incentive to come back to Massachusetts. It may feel kinda ghoulish to wish for the death of a beloved family member to bring a favored character back, but then again we are talking about fictional characters here, plus things could always go south for Marten and Padma after she comes back.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #232 on: 15 Nov 2011, 11:18 »

A female friend once told me that wearing sexy underwear can be a slow-motion approach to masturbation. Have something black and slinky hidden under your clothes all day reminding you that you're a sexual creature, then go home to the vibrator.

Or something a little livelier, in this case.  But yes, it can (and often does) remind you of how beautiful and sexy you are / can be. 

Well, so I hear.   :wink:

NotAwesomeAnymore

• Furry furrier
« Reply #233 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:02 »

I wear sexy underwear because I have this baggy top that slides down unless I wear something lacy to increase the traction.

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #234 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:05 »

Hurr hurr. He said, "ram". 

SQUEEZE BOX

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #235 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:12 »

Marten WILL have to answer the question Padma asked: "What now?"

I think "what now?" was Padma asking "what [are you staring at] now?" Not "what [do we do] now?" Padma doesn't seem like the type who worries about tomorrow too much.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Paranoid

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #236 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:30 »

True, but the question will have to be answered sooner or later, even if Padma isn't worried about it now.
"It's not safe there."

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #237 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:31 »

Marten WILL have to answer the question Padma asked: "What now?"

I think "what now?" was Padma asking "what [are you staring at] now?" Not "what [do we do] now?" Padma doesn't seem like the type who worries about tomorrow too much.
That, or she's already expending any spare worry she generates on her grandma and thus has none to spare for trivial things like 'what do I do with this new boy?'
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #238 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:39 »

Oh, one other note fo those making comments on forethought based on Padma's clothing;

From my wife and daughters I've learned that sometimes, you wear pretty /sexy underwear when you want to feel good about yourself, regardless of whether anyone may or may not see it.  Padma was dresed to go dancin'.  For a dark woman, black underclothing is standard (white showing through a dark red dress really stands out on a dark body).  And if you want to look good dancing, you need to feel  good about how you look.  So yeah, sexy underthings.  Printing is optional. 

And is this Dale's other  other job, designing underwear? 

Agreed. Most of my wife's underwear is the "nice to see" kind and her most comfortable bra is black (and she is a pale lady). People who think the only reason a woman wear nice underwear is because they are expecting sex... just... guys, that's just not true. I had one ex-girlfriend who was all about buying nice underwear all the time. I'd seen her underwear drawer. There was NOTHING in there that you guys wouldn't have thought was "sextime" underwear.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #239 on: 15 Nov 2011, 12:52 »

To make an analogy: I have a lot of metal band shirts. But I don't only wear them when going to gigs or hanging out with metalheads. I'll wear them at other times, even if it's under a jumper, or if nobody present would appreciate it. Because I like wearing them.

In other words, we all have items of clothing that are most appropriate in certain situations, but we wear them at other times because they make us feel cool, or smart, or sexy, or whatever.

StevenC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #240 on: 15 Nov 2011, 13:59 »

I always seem to be late to discussions on every forum I frequent. I won't dig all that stuff from the last 3 pages up again, don't worry.

I wasn't expecting that. It went a bit too fast for my own taste but if they like it this way, why not? We'll have to see what's going to happen, what they want to do after that. Padma possibly won't be gone for ever and might come back after the grandma business is over for better or for worse... It would be sad of course if grandma died. But if it happens, she might come back, she's got friends, a possible love interest and a job she could probably come back to at any time, which is a lot in this day and age.

Wreck Smurfy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #241 on: 15 Nov 2011, 14:22 »

Hee, hee. I had to turn up the brightness and contrast on my monitor, and now I see the corner of the box of condoms on the floor near the bra. Marten is a true Boy Scout after all.  :-D

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #242 on: 15 Nov 2011, 14:40 »

Heh, purple boxers.

Actually, Bruce Banner did not wear purple pants.  It has something to do with Hulk's pores, anything he's wearing changes purple if it's absorbent enough.

EcoReck

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #243 on: 15 Nov 2011, 14:54 »

I don't like this. Not at all.

Now when Padma leaves, we'll be dealing with at least 50 strips of Marten sulking AGAIN.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #244 on: 15 Nov 2011, 15:06 »

So Marten had a drunken one night stand.  It's precisely what the boy needed.

But it does leave to question what Faye, Tai and Hanners did...did they quietly leave or stay hidden in the kitchen the whole time drinking Secret Wine?

Edit:  Wait...what's Pintsize doing in panel 2b?
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #245 on: 15 Nov 2011, 15:15 »

I can be his reference book for that. I'm the f**king walking, talking encyclopedia on the topic. Why yes, I'm still bitter. Why do you ask?
I know, Black Sword, I know. That is why my hand hovers too close to my sword-hilt around you. I'm working on that...  :-)

As for the "type" who might wear mauve/purple boxers, I don't really know. But Marten has always seemed an low-key comfort/convenience dresser even by male standards, so I'd have picked him as the "six-pack of cotton tighty-whities from Target" kind of guy. But previous postings in this thread have reminded me that Marten has been shown previously to be a boxers guy, so obviously my intuition was faulty.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #246 on: 15 Nov 2011, 15:39 »

I keep on seeing posters around here that give the clear impression that they see Marten as a chronic moper/whiner; but while I acknowledge that he has his moments, I just can't see him as being as bad as all that. Am I just in denial?

If he spends the next 50 strips with a spring in his step, do I get a cookie?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #247 on: 15 Nov 2011, 15:41 »

I dunno about a cookie, but I'm with you - this is Marten's wake-up call, "LIFE GOES ON, DUDE!!" 

He'll have one heluva grin for quite a while...

Hee, hee. I had to turn up the brightness and contrast on my monitor, and now I see the corner of the box of condoms on the floor near the bra. Marten is a true Boy Scout after all.  :-D

Good catch!  

Be prepared...

Black Sword

« Reply #248 on: 15 Nov 2011, 16:00 »

I can be his reference book for that. I'm the f**king walking, talking encyclopedia on the topic. Why yes, I'm still bitter. Why do you ask?
I know, Black Sword, I know. That is why my hand hovers too close to my sword-hilt around you. I'm working on that...  :-)

As for the "type" who might wear mauve/purple boxers, I don't really know. But Marten has always seemed an low-key comfort/convenience dresser even by male standards, so I'd have picked him as the "six-pack of cotton tighty-whities from Target" kind of guy. But previous postings in this thread have reminded me that Marten has been shown previously to be a boxers guy, so obviously my intuition was faulty.

Oh, you're a dao kind of girl? I thought you used jian, since you always get right to the point.

*puts in his share for the pun-ishment jar*

Understood on the undies, thanks for the clarification!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #249 on: 15 Nov 2011, 16:08 »

Crouching Akima, hidden Black Sword?  0_o

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up