THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 347792 times)

Veritable_Variable

• Not quite a lurker
  • He/They
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #1400 on: 03 May 2021, 12:12 »

Last night, I dreamed that an island in Hawaii was infested with giant frogs. I wasn't there personally, but I was keeping up with it on various news sites. I remember seeing an image or video in which there were a bunch of these large bright-red frogs in a neighborhood cul-de-sac in mid-day. I recall one particular frog about the size of a bear sitting on the roof of a house.

One of the commentators said that if the frogs ever made it to the mainland, they'd overrun the continent and destroy our forests.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1401 on: 10 Jun 2021, 20:52 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1402 on: 28 Jun 2021, 22:33 »

Had two:

In the first one, my hands and feet were swapped but just my hands and feet, and was terribly neglected beyond being receiving the most basic necessities. I forgot what the (probably) madeup psychobabble term that was used in the dream was for my mental state, but I (or the character I was) had to go through both physical and psychological therapy. Psychological because I/they was found neglected at home curled up in a bed. Physical so I/they could learn to walk using "shoes" that were wooden circles with handles. I think the psychobabble was "incessile" or something among those lines, possibly with extra prefixes and suffixes.

The one I just woke up from was cut short, but I was in a world where people had a docking station for their cell phones to fit in the upper center of their chest, with the screen towards themselves.

I think it's the most on-the-nose metaphor for talking what people say online to heart.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1403 on: 01 Jul 2021, 12:41 »

You know how you always think of the right thing to say to some idiot in your dreams, right after you wake up?

"Ma'am, if you want to turn gay and lesbian people straight, you've got it exactly backward.  These so-called therapy camps don't work, cause suffering, are criminal in the whole US now, are an atrocity when people are forced into them, and don't deserve your support.  The only safe, legal medical treatment that usually *does* have that as a side effect is sex reassignment surgery, which you're trying to have banned."

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1404 on: 01 Jul 2021, 17:27 »

Still, the forced reassignment surgery is a thing in Iran.  Either get executed for being gay, or get to be someone that a cis gay man certainly isn’t.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1405 on: 01 Jul 2021, 18:13 »

Ew.  I suppose that's one step up from execution?  But such a pathetically small step.... I wasn't aware of the change. 

One day, maybe there'll be a world where all the clenched-up prudes aren't so eager to visit atrocities on everyone else.  But I guess I ain't holding my breath. 

I'm just annoyed that I've interacted with so many in my life that I'm dreaming them now.

Like, I wanna get back to the fun dreams where everybody dresses in pajamas made out of white flannel fabric with great big colorful spots, and then someone gets out a twister spinner ....

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1406 on: 01 Jul 2021, 19:21 »

Heh.  I texted my ex the other day, telling her that "I had the most wonderful dream last night.  You were in it.  In fact, EVERYONE was in it."  Of course, it was a dream about a giant space creature devouring the universe system by system.  Sad to say, but that's one of the less frightening dreams that I have.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1407 on: 15 Aug 2021, 14:56 »

I recently met an online friend in meatspace and now they're appearing in my dreams a lot more. This one was particularly memorable because I took a mid-afternoon nap and woke up like two hours later.

We were at a restaurant waiting for our food to be served, and my friend was pissed off. Their food got served before mine and it was a pizza with huge strips of chicken breast over it, which was odd because they're vegan. I thought, I know that's not vegan but I'm definitely not going to bother them about it. But apparently, someone working at the restaurant knew them and she did bother them about it. It became a whole thing, the guy at the bar tried to rope me into it by baiting me with all sorts of leading questions, and eventually they just said "fuck it let's get out of here". They were even madder than before and marched off like they were gonna destroy someone's car over this.

It all went a bit high school drama after this. As we were walking, a girl showed up who, for some reason, I saw very vividly: a black girl with big hair in a black outfit with purple highlights, who had a can of spray paint. She accosted us about something that we had nothing to do with, a supernatural motorcycle that would make you the most popular person in school. She had pieces of that motorcycle, but she was freaking out so much that she didn't notice dropping some. I picked up a piece and held it behind my back.

Her friends arrived, and said that the motorcycle was downtown and they needed to get there. There was a whole GTA-esque five star police pursuit behind them, so they got out of there quickly. I was thinking, wait, I should really just give this back, but by the time I spoke up they were gone. At that point the two of us also started running in that direction.

I ran ahead and arrived somewhere, not sure where, and figured I'd wait for my friend to tell me where to go. But apparently that wasn't necessary because the next thing I know, the motorcycle had turned into a giant demon and it had everyone in a high school auditorium. It told us, "I require one sane person to make a wish. If it is acceptable, you will all go free." (Apparently it did not consider most characters in this high school drama sane.)

It was silent for a while, then one person said "I volunteer as tribute." Then another person said it, then another, then multiple people at once, and then I joined in too. Clearly I was the protagonist here, so he picked me. At that point I, for some unexplained reason, had a big gash in my hand that didn't bleed but if I pulled at my skin in a certain way I could see right through it. So I went on to explain, in extremely hedged language, how it would be very convenient if this wound would somehow become healed so I could use my hand again, because then I could simply snap my fingers and it would solve everything. I carefully avoided any mention of a wish, request, or anything like that. The demon was apparently convinced, and my wound was healed.

Next thing I know, I get a... notification? It was that eight elder gods had taken up residence in my body, and I got to see like a cutscene of how they were rearranging my insides and changing things to make me a superpowered avatar of the gods or something. I had no time to think about that very much because shortly after, I woke up. It took me a good ten seconds to remember what day it was.

But it did make me think, because traditionally, demons are the ones to make deals, right? And a lot of stories involve people trying to outsmart demons. But gods just do whatever they damn well feel like. So a demon, when it realises it's outsmarted (or just because it wants to fuck with someone) could grant someone's wish entirely in the way the wisher intended, not pulling any tricks or trying to fuck them over, but also send a quick celestial text to the gods saying "hey guys, this mortal just outsmarted me and became really powerful! They're very impressive, you should take note" and then wait for them to do the fucking-with! Because they have total plausible deniability! "Well, you clearly bested me so I gave you everything you asked for. You can't hold me responsible for what the gods decide to do now, can you?"
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Gyrre

« Reply #1408 on: 11 Oct 2021, 05:27 »

I had a dream Dan Akroyd was director a slice of life dramedy TV series revolving around an autism support group and it's members of assorted ages and symptoms. In it, I was both a consultant for my age demographic (early Millennial) and one of the actors. And everyone working on the project on both sides of the camera — even the producers — were all on the spectrum. It was nice feeling such a sense of belonging.

Of course, we had to fight to keep the show going because the studio heads were being absolute f*ckers about things. Some folks were being pissy about the way neurotypicals were being portrayed. (We didn't just have them all be savior/saint types and the shitty parent aspect was focused on as a source of drama.)
a real-ass gaddam sword

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #1409 on: 11 Oct 2021, 13:24 »

I would watch that show.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Gyrre

« Reply #1410 on: 08 Dec 2021, 13:12 »

I would watch that show.

Hard same. It's a really good premise most producers and execs are too cowardly to go for.

EDIT: typo correction
« Last Edit: 15 May 2022, 17:00 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1411 on: 10 Dec 2021, 00:48 »

Lots of new places to shop the show these days.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

« Reply #1412 on: 16 Dec 2021, 02:39 »

Lots of new places to shop the show these days.

True.
The trick of it would be getting Dan Akroyd involved.

EDIT: typo correction
« Last Edit: 15 May 2022, 17:00 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1413 on: 26 Dec 2021, 19:55 »

I was picking up my giant stuffed dogs from the grounds of a tech company where I used to work. I had to because the company president was about to order a cleanup of the (far inland) site to get rid of the shipwreck of the Andrea Dworkin.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

« Reply #1414 on: 15 May 2022, 17:46 »

Just had two very strange dreams.

The first was an absolute dystopia where you had the option to religious or non-religious. The dystopic portions coming from two parts; 1) those that chose non-religion weren't allowed to criticize any religions, and 2) fandoms were included in the religious option and choosing some of said fandom options involved body modification surgery, brainwashing, and augmented reality chips being stuck in the individuals' brains so they thought they were in the world their fandom revolved around (i.e. the folks who take fandom too far went WAY far). Thankfully, not all of them did that.
Anyways, what actually happened in said dream is that the church group I'd been traveling with accidentally drove off without me[2]. So I wandered around the W*lmart we'd stopped at a bit more, then the parking lot looking to wee if the bus had come back yet. I got some help from some nice Star Wars fans [3][4] who gave me a lift in their barricade runner to find the bus. And eventually, reconnoitered with my travel group who had headed back when they realized I wasn't with them.

The second dream revolved around clothes that could be changed wildly by twisting one of two knobs and some bits on gender presentation. I was myself [5] in this one, and the bottoms I was wearing had multiple skirt/dress settings.[6] The only time I ever used those settings in the dream was to demonstrate to one of my cousins[7] the other skirt settings, and latter some judgey onlooker who got all butthurt that the clothing items were unisex. She was terrified of them malfunctioning, but moreover of her son's reputation if he wore "women's clothes". Typing this all out, I've now forgotten most of the part with the RV. But I still remember the part where myself and two others were testing the functionality of the submarine setting. It required at least three people to have the multi-change bottoms set to 'submarine' and some how the cloth constructed submarine worked underwater. I distinctly remember the small shark which had machine augmentation for underwater research following along underneath us in the pool.

[1] If I recall correctly, Doom was one of the worst to join as you got the full gamut. And, on top of that, you couldn't commune with other members and may have even seen them as the demons from the game. The Sonic fandom came with forced augmentation (unless you chose 'human' as your race), actual friggin badniks, and I think the brainchip was optional.
[3] they were pretty decent. The gal who happened to be in charge of their group had opted for Togruta and was modded as such. Not sure to the extent that fandom religion went though. I think it was one of the more chill ones apart from the body modding.
[4] No idea how or if they resolved any of the SW continuity stuff. It didn't come up.
[5] I'm a cis biosex male
[6] pretty sure my shirt changed too. Not sure if mine had the blouse settings in it though.
[7] She'd selected an anime-ish knee skirt and puffy long socks combo that bothered me when she wore it for some reason. I think I had designed it with a crush in the dream in mind? Sounds right.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #1415 on: 25 Jul 2022, 05:10 »

Had another weird one.

I ended up taking over the care for 4 seasonal spirits?/entities?/beings? Not sure exactly, but my family was responsible for raising each autumn and winter. And, the fact that the last two of each hadn't been cared for properly was why the weather had been fucky. The last two had gender identity issues I had to help them work through[1]. One of the others was being a shit because they were in the wrong temperature of water[2], and the 4th was having issues due to neglect the previous year. The older of the two Jacks[3] had been particularly destructive because she thought 'Jack' was strictly a masculine name despite her clearly presenting as feminine. I had to refer to my Aunt Chris multiple times before it sunk in for her that 'Jack' could also be feminine. I don't remember what that newer winter's deal was[4], but the older one had actually been trapped in my parents' carport as their dog[5] had chased it off and tried to kill it for some reason. The poor thing was utterly desiccated and barely alive when I found it. Which accounted for the terribly dry autumn like winter from that year. I ended up putting it in the same starter cup with the new Jack unaware of their different temperature requirements, and ended up having to separate the two into their own cups as the new Jack kept attacking the poor underdeveloped [winter]. Thankfully, I asked the new Jack 'why' and he/they actually told me about [winter] making the water too cold for them. I woke up before learning what the newer [winter]'s deal was.

[1] My mom had refused (of course she had @_@).
[2] The things had to constantly be in water despite being humanoid for some reason.
[3] The standard name for the embodiment of autumn.
[4] or what their standard name was. May have been 'Klaus' or 'Frost'?
[5] a larger dog, one they'd never had IRL
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up