Lt. Potter disrupts the D'awwwwww
- 6 (13%)
"That's the first time you've willingly hugged me since you were a baby!"
- 3 (6.5%)
A little physical contact...
- 0 (0%)
Schtup MY daughter, eh?
- 3 (6.5%)
Observatory is up at the top of the spindle... in zero-g...
- 0 (0%)
"Wuh... wait." KISSSS HURRRRLLL Agh!
- 2 (4.3%)
ANGUS DID YOU LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP?
- 3 (6.5%)
That's the most stereotypical, sitcom thing you could possibly...
- 0 (0%)
...You fell in? I fell in.
- 1 (2.2%)
You better not be making fun of me.
- 1 (2.2%)
Francis told me you... he told me what happened. (I'm SUCH AN IDIOT)
- 0 (0%)
Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
- 10 (21.7%)
...Will there be cake?
- 4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2146-50 (19-23 Mar 2012) QC IN SPAAAAAACE... Week NINE?!?!?!?!?  (Read 99151 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Which is the worst?

Null-G Puking before makeouts.     3 (5.1%)
Null-G Puking after (or DURING!) makeouts.     20 (33.9%)
Leaving the seat up.     1 (1.7%)
Falling in to said seat that was left up.     1 (1.7%)
Bad Spathe Ham.     5 (8.5%)
Getting your best friend's dad mad at you.     0 (0%)
Getting your best friend's dad - who owns a space station with a LASER - mad at you.     9 (15.3%)
Drunken Air Force Lieutenants.     0 (0%)
Drunken Air Force Lieutenants who ruin a perfect "D'AAAWWWWW" moment.     3 (5.1%)
Having to wait 18-24 hours for ANOTHER COMIC!     13 (22%)
Forget all this - I wanna play QC the Video Game!    4 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

---

Oh, and yes, I suspect it's gonna be a foregone conclusion as to the Moment of the Week - though Hugging Hannelore might be Epic Moment 1A to HannerQuote's Epic Moment 1B.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2012, 16:32 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action

I get sick of guys complaining about being friendzoned when the girls they want are way attractive and the girls they don't want are perfect personalities for them but not super hot.

Unfortunately, attraction is not a choice. You can choose what if anything to do about an attraction to someone, but you can't choose whether or not to be attracted to them. That is the joy and the curse of physical/sexual attraction.

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

"Someday everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do."

This happened to me.   

Then she died.

Still... it WAS wonderful.

I'm sad for you ): That she died, of course, not that you got to experience the relationship. I'm glad it was wonderful while you had it.  It reminds me of a bit from one of my favorite movies: "No man, nor anything in this world preserves their life forever. But only to men is it given to know that we must die, and that is a precious gift. This life, that is both our torment and our treasure, was never meant to endure for eternity. Life is a wave on the sea."

I've always thought that; that the knowledge of our own mortality is a gift, and what makes life precious. And that giving life to someone else is the only way we can live forever. I don't necessarily mean having children, but having a significant other or even a very close friend, someone that has come alive as a result of knowing you, is giving life to someone. That is something that will never disappear. It becomes part of both of you. And it sounds like you had that.

And for that, I'm so very, very happy for you (:

Thank you for this.  That was a beautiful quote, and sounds familiar. What film is it from?

It was rough for a long time, but I am slowly getting to where I can appreciate the joy we had together more than I mourn the loss.  Even starting to get serious with someone new, which I honestly thought I would never do.

Moments in life are transitory. This doesn't make them less meaningful, it makes them matter even more.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Tellusora

• Not quite a lurker

"Someday everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do."

That is just beautiful and incredibly touching. I think this is how I manage to survive, in hope that things will eventually take a turn for the better. What an incredible sentiment. Thank you, Jeph, for knowing exactly what to say. This is why I love QC and why I'm still hanging around. Because it's moments like these that make it worthwhile.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://whatever]words that show up clickable[/URL],

or there's a button to insert a hyperlink.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

TheBiscuit

• Furry furrier

Since when? Marigold also has that shes a complete cutey. If all it took to get a boyfriend was being a gamer girl and having a tiny bit of confidence, I'd be crawling in guys right now. Unfortunately, you gotta be hot, too.
Yes, that is bitterness you see. I get sick of guys complaining about being friendzoned when the girls they want are way attractive and the girls they don't want are perfect personalities for them but not super hot. Not that you were complaining or even said anything about that. I'm just saying, gamer girls have just as much trouble as normal girls.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you're very attractive too, to the right man. Not everyone expects a movie star or lingerie model to fall into his arms, and not every man even wants that.  There's someone out there who will fall in love with you for the qualities you have. Not just because they like your personality but also because that one guy thinks you're super-hot too. Taste in women varies a lot, there's gonna someone who thinks you're just perfect.

I kind of have to agree what's being said here. Us "non-attractive gamer chicks" know when there's a good gamer chick who's ALSO good looking in room that we're kinda pwned.
Did you ever stop to think that self-identifying as a "non-attractive" gamer chick is part of the problem? If you've already made that determination, it reflects in your attitude. It's hard for someone else to find you sexy or cute if you don't believe it yourself.  I did read your full post and know that you're happily married, but still this is an important theoretical point even if of no practical use to you.

If you believe you're at least reasonably attractive, that reflects in your posture, your body language and your facial expressions at the very minimum. Obviously a guy is going to make his own judgement on how attractive he thinks you are, but you can apply a large modifier (positive or negative) with your attitude and the way you interact with him.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2012, 06:20 by TheBiscuit »

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

...how the hell did I know that quote was from Earthsea?!  Especially since I've only read the first book, and any quote that refers to humanity as "men" really ought to put me right off thinking of Le Guin...
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

Hannelore wants others to be well so she can use them as examples for herself.

Plus, she's compassionate.
The interesting thing with that, as well as a few other strips (the veterinarian/fireman arc, the Indiana Jones thing, the robot boyfriend thing, the horrible smile arc, the Sven date arc, the Hannelore and Marten talking about the mechanics of doing it strip), tells me that there's a long, slow arc here that will build up to Hannelore overcoming her OCD to have a satisfying relationship with someone. (Not speculating on who it'll be.) Of course, at QC's pacing, that'll take 5-10 years...  :-P

Even having said that she can't consummate a relationship, she's expressed curiosity in how it all works (no bearhat guy intent here by saying that), has attempted to live vicariously through the relationships of her friends, has gotten hope from her friends getting into relationships that she may be able to, she's clearly capable of being attracted to someone physically, and has even practiced being friendly with someone who's interested in her (failed horribly, but still). Everything I'm seeing is that she knows she's not ready, so she's not making a big deal about it, but she WANTS to be ready. Oh, and she's incredibly determined to overcome her OCD, can't forget that.

Now, hopefully, no bearhat guys interpret my post as an excuse to ship Hannelore with anyone, or worse, ship her with themselves. :psyduck:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Please, everyone - remember, Faye grew up in an all-women household (after her father departed), wherein the seat was always  down. 
Faye didn't "grow up" in an all-woman household; by the time of her father's death, she was old enough to drive.

I know what he meant, though - Three women + one man = PUT THE #### TOILET SEAT DOWN.

Would it be too Sitcom-Dramedy-like to find out that Dad couldn't abide by always lifting the lid?...
Just another Joe like 46

Magdalena

• Not quite a lurker

Please, everyone - remember, Faye grew up in an all-women household (after her father departed), wherein the seat was always  down. 

Faye didn't "grow up" in an all-woman household; by the time of her father's death, she was old enough to drive.

She lived with Marten for a very long time, and while I don't recall any strips indicating a separate bathroom (one for her and one for him) - I'm going to assume that Marten was good about keeping the seat down. And speaking as a woman who does wear glasses, having had the seat left up instead of down, accidentally "falling in" actually DOES kind of hurt - especially if you weren't paying attention and say "fell in" when really tired/sleepy.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Still does live with Marten as far as we know.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

She probably meant to say "she has lived".
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kenyahp

• Balloon animal serial killer

She basically grew up in an all-woman household. Her mom seemed like a strong lady that would totally rule over her husband. A healthy dose of christian judgement will keep that seat down! Hahahaha.

Although, she was also old enough to go to college. She was...I think 19? I know she was between her sophomore and junior year.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Anywhere from 19 to 21, then, depending on when in the summer and when her birthday is.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

She lived with Marten for a very long time, and while I don't recall any strips indicating a separate bathroom (one for her and one for him) - I'm going to assume that Marten was good about keeping the seat down. And speaking as a woman who does wear glasses, having had the seat left up instead of down, accidentally "falling in" actually DOES kind of hurt - especially if you weren't paying attention and say "fell in" when really tired/sleepy.

There was conversation about sharing a bathroom early on http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=73 starting in Marten's 1BR. I don't recall it continuing into the 2BR, but isn't there a floor plan somewhere around this institution? No discussion that I recall that either apartment has had bathroom exhaust fans. Never tried to use a url before. Preview isn't too promising. RTFM, Bobbie!

squab

• Plantmonster

Thanks, pwhodges. I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember if it was somewhere I had posted or if it was somewhere I had lurked. Thanks so much!

So, lets try again. This is the comic aforementioned.

Magdalena- I hate that "one of the guys" bullshit. So much. I've never had it pulled on me, either, and I still hate it. So many of my friends have that happen to them. Luckily, I guess I'm just so unattractive that guys don't even bother saying "one of the guys" and just leave it at "Well. I dont feel that way."

God, maybe thats why I have such sympathy for Marigold. Shes trying her best to get some and I'm all stuck here on bitter avenue. Hahaha.

You know, I've just got to throw this out there - a significant amount of looks and beauty has to do with clothes and makeup and working out. A certain amount of it is just genetics or how you were born or what-not, but... you'd be surprised what a makeover can do.

I knew this girl in highschool who was a gamer girl, wasn't ugly but wasn't especially attractive, etc. After highschool we didn't see each other for a year (despite the fact that she lives like a 5 minute walk from my house >_<) and the next time I saw her... wow. It was still her, only she wore makeup and did her hair nice and wore nice clothes... and it made a HUGE difference.

Plus, as someone else pointed out, identifying yourself as non-attractive doesn't help.

Kenyahp

I guess I base age on my own. I'll be a 20 year old junior.

Also, redball- You gotta remember they moved into the apartment below Hannelore. Here it only says "bedrooms and bath", but that only means they have one bathtub/shower, correct? Because...yeah. Isnt a halfbath just a toilet?

Oh, wow. An unusual amount of people have taken what I said about gamer girls wrongly. Lets say it differently. At least, about myself. See, I think I'm pretty. I dress nicely, have nice skin that doesn't require makeup, but am overweight. Because of that, I've been bullied my whole life. I still am confident and love myself. Confident enough to willingly give speeches in front on large audiences. The thing is, I know that, to 'normal' people, I'm not attractive. And, its not for lack of trying. I literally can't lose weight. Exercised and ate a balanced diet for over a year and stayed exactly the same. That being, literally, walking two miles every day and eating correctly based on nutrition. I started taking metabolism pills and have lost some weight, but still not much. I love myself the way I am, anyways. So, that bitterness isn't from a bad view on myself. Its from literally every guy I've ever liked treating me like dirt and not being my friend anymore when they found out I liked them. My bitterness towards gamer guys is the fact that I know so many gamer girls that guys have said "well, I love your personality, but you just aren't hot enough". You don't say that to a girl. I believe everyone is beautiful in their own way. And, if you aren't attracted to someone, thats fine. You can't force it. But, I have seen and gotten too much of that to not be bitter.

For the record, I can admit that I am wrong and just being vindictive on some points. Totally. I'm just saying that its not a lack of confidence that makes me bitter, haha.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2012, 13:04 by Kenyahp »

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

My first wife was hot. When she left me, it occurred to me that hot was not so hot. My second wife wasn't nearly so glamorous. But she knew how to engage guys, and that was kind of hot. I met her in group therapy. She'd been seeing a shrink for a few months, worried because she felt unattractive and was unmarried at 28. He asked her how many guys she'd gone out with in her life. About 30, she guessed. He challenged her to meet 30 in a year. I was #21. With a glance, she had learned, she could get a guy to ask for her phone number in a supermarket, at a gas station. It seemed there was a lesson there, a connection between self-image and attractiveness that made appearance less important. As Marigold's probably about to begin to find out. Sure, she' a cutie. I wish she smiled more.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

The direction this thread has taken might be a little harsh: "Change your attitude and everything gets better." Aforementioned second wife was a 28-year cancer survivor until, a year ago January, just short of 40 years of marriage, she wasn't. She used to get furious with those who connected the "right attitude" with healing and curing.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

There's a good xkcd about that.

The wiki has a floor plan of Marten and Faye's apartment, which jwhouk put together from the fragmentary views we've seen.

What if Marigold really is sleepy? She could be sedated from her dramamine patch. No, wait, that was the day before.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kenyahp

Aw, so it is one bathroom. So, that would explain her being used to having it her way.

She could be sleepy from the sheer fact that its probably sleep time for her and she was overexcited by lasers and then omgaboy. I mean, I know I would be exhausted by then.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

In 464 Faye was in the bathroom after Marten.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kenyahp

In 464 Marten was using Pintsize as a cereal bowl.

One thing about the bathrooms we do know: Old plumbing. Apparently throughout the building, if the time it exploded on Hanners and the time it shut off on Hanners is any indication.

Mordhaus

• Furry furrier

It's a good thing this was said in a comic and previously in a fictional fantasy series, because in real life it is more like, "Most of the time things are going to either go wrong or be mediocre, and you will slog along like the rest of us schleps not knowing what to do."

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

It's a good thing this was said in a comic and previously in a fictional fantasy series, because in real life it is more like, "Most of the time things are going to either go wrong or be mediocre, and you will slog along like the rest of us schleps not knowing what to do."
I don't think that's the case. I looked around for "happiness index," and the U.S. ranks quite well, although I'm not sure how scientific that is. There might be a difference in perception between the present and the past, i.e., "I'm not particularly happy at the moment," and years later, "I had a helluva good run." But I believe more people are satisfied with their lives than you apparently do.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

I gotta go along with Redball. I find myself looking back fondly on times and situations during which, if I remember honestly, I did a lot of bitching. A friend who went through some of those times with me summed it up with, " We didn't appreciate what we had."  (I should add neither of us are doing badly at the moment.)
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

Jeph's tweeting lately makes me laugh my head off

(.)

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

Oh, wow. An unusual amount of people have taken what I said about gamer girls wrongly. Lets say it differently. At least, about myself. See, I think I'm pretty. I dress nicely, have nice skin that doesn't require makeup, but am overweight. Because of that, I've been bullied my whole life. I still am confident and love myself. Confident enough to willingly give speeches in front on large audiences. The thing is, I know that, to 'normal' people, I'm not attractive. And, its not for lack of trying. I literally can't lose weight. Exercised and ate a balanced diet for over a year and stayed exactly the same. That being, literally, walking two miles every day and eating correctly based on nutrition. I started taking metabolism pills and have lost some weight, but still not much. I love myself the way I am, anyways. So, that bitterness isn't from a bad view on myself. Its from literally every guy I've ever liked treating me like dirt and not being my friend anymore when they found out I liked them. My bitterness towards gamer guys is the fact that I know so many gamer girls that guys have said "well, I love your personality, but you just aren't hot enough". You don't say that to a girl. I believe everyone is beautiful in their own way. And, if you aren't attracted to someone, thats fine. You can't force it. But, I have seen and gotten too much of that to not be bitter.

For the record, I can admit that I am wrong and just being vindictive on some points. Totally. I'm just saying that its not a lack of confidence that makes me bitter, haha.
Been there, seen that... I'm a guy, but even I get a bit disgusted by another guy's treatment of girls (attractive or not). That being said,  my personality is rather messy (I have trouble dealing with people in real life, but online I am capable of being me quite well (I reckon it's due to the whole "safety zone" feeling you get in an online discussion, that and I have time to think of what I am going to say)), and my looks are pretty much substandard (a bit podgy, uncooperative facial hair and two-toned skin colour (my head, neck and lower arms are more or less exposed to the elements, but the rest of me is white as a ghost), so judging someone on looks alone is horrendously hypocritical in my books.

That being said, I've equally been on the receiving end of a lady's judgment (I don't really know if it is a cause of or a result of the aforementioned personality defects, but anyway). I've tried talking with ladies, some reasonably attractive, some not "classically" attractive, but all with wonderful personalities (this is probably the one standard that I hold to a girl. Magazine model girls with personalities the same as the paper they're printed on (shiny to look at, but close enough to 2-dimensional as makes no difference) are ultimately meaningless). I eventually pluck up enough courage to ask one out, and they introduce me to a boyfriend that would probably fit in on Jersey Shore without a problem.

Please note: I may also be misunderstanding your point (my apologies if I am), this is another result of me being... well, me.
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Kenyahp

Techkid- Not at all misunderstanding. My point was being made specifically for myself and on behalf of many girls I know with the same experiences. Yours was made for you and on behalf of many guys with that experience. Trust me, I have guy friends, too, who have had all that happen.

Its a good perspective to see a guy's side of things. Thank you for the insight.

I think the major difference ends up being gender stereotype. Men prefer good looking ladies and want the personality to come second. Women prefer good personalities and want good looking, but don't mind if that comes second. And, to top it off, women also date jerks from the Jersey Shore, haha.

I think saying "dating sucks" would sum it all up nicely.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

I'll FYP a bit, if ya don't mind.

Boys prefer good looking ladies and want personality to come second.
Men prefer personality and consider looks a bonus.
Note that the terms "boys" and "men" are not necessarily indicative of elapsed time since birth.
As I told a former co-worker for whom I have high hopes despite delayed maturity, "As you grow up, you'll find 'stupid' cancels out an awful lot of 'hot.'"
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Kenyahp

Hahaha, excellent point, DSL.

I'm 20, so of course all I really know is boys. College boys, at that. Maybe I've developed a taste for men ten or fifteen years my senior because of that very rule.

Not we just need to know the difference between girls and women, and we'll be all set for techkid up above. Although, my mom told me once how a girl becomes a woman...I didn't really wanna know...

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

I think the girls-vs.-women definition you elucidated above works just fine-- again, noting it does not necessarily have anything to do with elapsed time since birth. As for your stated preference in older men, I've noticed that in a couple women friends of mine who've done exactly that: They've grown up and they want any potential mates to have done so, too. In one case involving another good friend, she remained more mature than he did, right up to the divorce and (his) new girlfriend.

Kenyahp

Well, it has been said that women mature quicker than men.

I think the problem is is that women always say they want someone that makes them laugh. Like, right off the bat. And, unfortunately, unless you have a dry sense of humor. they are going to make you laugh by being immature. And women are like "hes so goofy!" which is great, but can he raise a damn kid and hold two jobs if he has to?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

And our moment of the week?

Happy Birthday from Hugging Hannelore!    10 (27.8%)
Lt. Potter disrupts the D'awwwwww    4 (11.1%)
"That's the first time you've willingly hugged me since you were a baby!"    2 (5.6%)
A little physical contact...    0 (0%)
Schtup MY daughter, eh?    3 (8.3%)
Observatory is up at the top of the spindle... in zero-g...    0 (0%)
"Wuh... wait." KISSSS HURRRRLLL Agh!    2 (5.6%)
ANGUS DID YOU LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP?    3 (8.3%)
That's the most stereotypical, sitcom thing you could possibly...    0 (0%)
...You fell in? "I fell in.    0 (0%)
You better not be making fun of me.    1 (2.8%)
Francis told me you... he told me what happened. (I'm SUCH AN IDIOT)    0 (0%)
Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.    9 (25%)
...Will there be cake?    2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36
Just another Joe like 46

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference

Thank you for this.  That was a beautiful quote, and sounds familiar. What film is it from?

It was rough for a long time, but I am slowly getting to where I can appreciate the joy we had together more than I mourn the loss.  Even starting to get serious with someone new, which I honestly thought I would never do.

Moments in life are transitory. This doesn't make them less meaningful, it makes them matter even more.

It was from the movie Tales from Earthsea, but I'm not sure if that quote was in the books as well. I think someone mentioned they recognized it from the books.
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

jmucchiello

• Curry sauce

Not we just need to know the difference between girls and women, and we'll be all set for techkid up above. Although, my mom told me once how a girl becomes a woman...I didn't really wanna know...
Naw, a girl becomes a woman when she can tell the difference between boys and men.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Naw, a girl becomes a woman when she can tell the difference between boys and men.

And realizes she prefers the latter.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Does a boy become a man when he can tell the difference between girls and women? I honestly don't get what jmucchiello is saying.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

Does a boy become a man when he can tell the difference between girls and women? I honestly don't get what jmucchiello is saying.
I don't think it's a reference to the physical attributes&differences, the Ts and the As, but to the maturity.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Well yeah, but are they saying a girl matures when she can tell how mature someone else is?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

... when she can not only tell, but prefers maturity in a mate.

squab

• Plantmonster

I gotta go along with Redball. I find myself looking back fondly on times and situations during which, if I remember honestly, I did a lot of bitching. A friend who went through some of those times with me summed it up with, " We didn't appreciate what we had."  (I should add neither of us are doing badly at the moment.)

That's called Rose Tinted Glasses. People generally look back on the past with fondness.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Learning discernment is an indispensable part of growing up.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Yeah, but if maturity is just preferring maturity in a mate, then maturity is preferring someone who prefers maturity and we're stuck in a loop.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jmucchiello

• Curry sauce

And realizes she prefers the latter.
I figured that part was just understood. But apparently I was wrong.

Yeah, but if maturity is just preferring maturity in a mate, then maturity is preferring someone who prefers maturity and we're stuck in a loop.
What are you talking about? Maturity is attracted to maturity. Period. There is no loop.
statement: boys become men when they no longer seek out mates by physical appearance alone, preferring personality over appearance.
statement: girls become women when they seek out men over boys for mates as defined in the previous statement.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up