THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 08:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The BEST part of Tai & Dora's First Date?

The clothing mixup at the start.
- 4 (8.9%)
Memories of piercings past.
- 0 (0%)
MY PUSSY RULES!
- 9 (20%)
"Will Torrent For Cash"
- 2 (4.4%)
Supportive Parents for Tai
- 0 (0%)
"I don't care if you bring home a boy or a girl or whatever, those pants are RIDICULOUS."
- 5 (11.1%)
Catching your dad checking out your girlfriend.
- 0 (0%)
...He only goes for tall women! (MAYBE I'LL WEAR PLATFORMS)
- 7 (15.6%)
Herrell's for desert?
- 0 (0%)
...Uh, maybe Bubble Tea instead?
- 1 (2.2%)
Tai prefers Euro dubstep to "Skrillexy American Stuff"
- 2 (4.4%)
Right now you're just the sexy little redhead who works at the library.
- 0 (0%)
Fact: I apparently get super flustered when you call me sexy.
- 3 (6.7%)
The POW on her elbow - Nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana BAT-MAAAANNNN!
- 2 (4.4%)
Em-POW-ering? (Oh god, the bad pun never occurred to her)
- 2 (4.4%)
Kiss and buttgrab!
- 7 (15.6%)
"How did we get here? Last thing I remember, we were having dinner."
- 1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: WCDT: 2261-65 (27-31 August 2012) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 64764 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Ha!  Puns FTW...

(Oh, er, comic)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier
  • Mellow Mind Mellow Life... Mellow Yellow

The Puns! the Bad puns are EVERYWHERE!

AGH!
"Coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine"

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

Hm... not EVERY one (tattoo) has a story I would think. I know some people that have basically just gotten addicted. (and most of the stuff looks crappy as all hell... °O)

Also DAMN YOU PUNS!!
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

A TAI-ger! GET IT?????

oh god someone help me

Should've gone with the Lesbian angle.

0kamisama

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Warning: Prone to Squee-gasms ♥

Really, Tai? The campy Adam West "Batman" show?

I keep trying to like you, Tai... but...

... it's the CAMPY Batman! You can do better, Tai!
I have no interest in ordinary humans...

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

I don't see the incest either. Not only are they not actually related (which does tend to make a whole lot of difference when defining or identifying incest), but also it's not like Dora and Tai haven't flirted and cuddled a bit before.

That is not the point some of us are making.  They are clearly not related.  And it isn't that it appears "incestuous" as some put it.

The fact is that, from my general perspective and reading of the comic and understanding (however small compared to their creator) was that everything between Dora and Tai was sisterly.  Not from Tai's perspective, no.  However, everything I read from Dora seemed to be no real romantic or sexual interest.  It seemed far more platonic and sisterly.

That it still not the point, though. Just because other people perceive a relationship as platonic, doesn't mean they themselves see it that way. Tai and Dora clearly don't see each other as sisterly, and judging by the amount of flirting that's passed between them, they never have.

xLeitix

• Not quite a lurker

\lurk_off

Wait wait wait. I have a question as to how to properly phrase what 'I'm not homophobic but...' guy might have been trying to say. If someone doesn't prefer to read about gay relationships and are hetero, that automatically makes them homophobic? I think there's a bit of a disconnect - I'm not sure it's really fair to label someone homophobic if they're accepting of homosexuality, but don't necessarily feel comfortable with displays or stories of such, be it irl or in media of some kind.

Sometimes things that are different from what people are used to do make people uncomfortable. It's not necessarily because they dislike said thing, or that they don't accept it.

For what it's worth, "reading about gay love makes me uncomfortable" fits at the very least a loose definition of homophobia (see Wikipedia, "Definitions [of homophobia] refer variably to (...) aversion (...)").

Anyway, I think you are mixing up two quite different things in your post. Saying "I'm not reading this and that because I can't relate to it and it bores me" is different to saying "I'm not reading this and that because it makes me uncomfortable".

\lurk_on

By the way, am I the only who literally had 10 tries before successfully solving the registration captcha? At some point I was already wondering myself if I might be a spambot  :roll:

Edit: fixed spelling and stuff

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier

Campy batman is great, I much prefer him over Christian Sandpaper throat. Bale

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

Wait wait wait. I have a question as to how to properly phrase what 'I'm not homophobic but...' guy might have been trying to say. If someone doesn't prefer to read about gay relationships and are hetero, that automatically makes them homophobic? I think there's a bit of a disconnect - I'm not sure it's really fair to label someone homophobic if they're accepting of homosexuality, but don't necessarily feel comfortable with displays or stories of such, be it irl or in media of some kind.

Sometimes things that are different from what people are used to do make people uncomfortable. It's not necessarily because they dislike said thing, or that they don't accept it.

EDIT: Take me, for instance. I have no issues with homosexuality, I want them to have the same rights as everyone else, the whole shebang. But when I pick up my romance novels, or read comics, or most anything else, I rarely get stories with gay pairings. I'm generally more comfortable reading about hetero relationships, and I assume it's because it's what I relate to most. That's not to say that I get upset or anything when it comes up, or that it makes me stop reading something just because it's present, and that not to say that I don't enjoy a good gay romance story. I just find that I have to be in a certain mood or mindset to actively hunt out said stories.
And that's cool. Just because you're tolerant, doesn't mean you have to immerse yourself in their world. I don't actively pursue specifically gay comics, movies, books, whatever, but I respect people's right to access them equally. In the same way, I will not stop reading a book or comic, or watch a show or movie, because of a sudden gay pairing. If it's a good story, then whatever.

I have some good friends who are gay. They're great people, and I treat them as well as I do any other friend. I'll shake their hand or pat them on the back for doing something good, in the same way I'll clip them upside the head for being a dang ol' fool. And I tell them that. I won't go and see them and their partner making out, but I don't care what they do behind closed doors. Just don't get me involved.
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

If someone doesn't prefer to read about gay relationships and are hetero, that automatically makes them homophobic?
Nope, but tweeting "Don't mess [the comic] up!" at the even the possibility that a gay relationship might be depicted, pretty much does.

I'm amazed that Tai has even seen the Adam West Batman. Is it still shown in the USA? I don't think it's ever been shown on Australian TV in my lifetime, and I'm pretty certain it hasn't since I've lived in Australia. I've seen the odd clip, but never even one whole episode.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

By the way, am I the only who literally had 10 tries before successfully solving the registration captcha? At some point I was already wondering myself if I might be a spambot  :roll:

I hate captchas myself; but I hate spammers more, so it stays in place.  I've set it to "medium" difficulty - the software provides two harder levels!  Note that a new spammer/spambot tries to register about every 15 minutes, so it really matters to have an effective way of keeping them out. 
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

If someone doesn't prefer to read about gay relationships and are hetero, that automatically makes them homophobic?
Nope, but tweeting "Don't mess [the comic] up!" at the even the possibility that a gay relationship might be depicted, pretty much does.

I'm amazed that Tai has even seen the Adam West Batman. Is it still shown in the USA? I don't think it's ever been shown on Australian TV in my lifetime, and I'm pretty certain it hasn't since I've lived in Australia. I've seen the odd clip, but never even one whole episode.
It's been years since it's been aired here in Australia. I never really enjoyed the show even when I was a kid, but I think Channel 9 (if you're in the Sydney area) might have aired it... 5-10 years ago? I dunno.

It's been a couple of years since I ever really cared about TV at all, though. The Internet is my preferred idiot box of choice.
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

xLeitix

• Not quite a lurker

I've set it to "medium" difficulty - the software provides two harder levels!

Level=hard - #000000 text on #000010 background
Level=chuck_norris - there is no text, you need to guess the numbers correctly.

(which brings me to my absolute favorite captcha implementation - Click on Chuck)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

Hey! I loved that show when I was a kid.
Not sure if I'd dare watch it now... don't want to spoil it.

It may or may not have been shown since you've lived in Australia, but it definitely aired while I was at school. I can't really narrow it down too much, but definitely before 1986. No idea when they stopped airing it.

Just thinking about those cheesy POW! graphics with the brass glissando effects makes me grin.

na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na batmaaaaaaaan
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

I've set it to "medium" difficulty - the software provides two harder levels!

Level=hard - #000000 text on #000010 background
Level=chuck_norris - there is no text, you need to guess the numbers correctly.

(which brings me to my absolute favorite captcha implementation - Click on Chuck)
Ok that is definitely the best capcha. But the principle can be extended, no? How about a Kevin Bacon based scheme? Or, better yet, a Kevin bacon game based scheme; click on the face with the Bacon Number of exactly one.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Campy Batman is the best Batman.  Of course, I watched it when it was new, and I was a kid.  When Nickelodian reaired them a few years ago (OK, 20 or so) my my girls saw a few.  They held up pretty well!  And it was amazing how many famous screen actors agreed to be villains...

When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

And yet, there were some of us out there who thought the star and POW meant something else entirely...

(Geez, why do I keep Godwin'ing my own thread?)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome

An elbow tattoo like that would be a real pain for the tattooist to do.  And if I understand correctly rather painful for the client, since it's on a bony parit o f the body. 

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

And yet, there were some of us out there who thought the star and POW meant something else entirely...

(Geez, why do I keep Godwin'ing my own thread?)

The Star of David is six-pointed, Tai's tat is five-pointed. Important distinction.

Honestly, I have never seen the "campy" Batman, but then I haven't really watched tv since I was 8 or so and I was never into the superhero thing.

Elbows are a nuisance to tattoo for several reasons, but given that hers is mostly just a one solid color, that would cut down on the difficulty significantly. The lettering, however, might have been hard to pull off well.  Holding your elbow still for the duration would be quite uncomfortable, as well.

I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

I recall them airing old Batman eps in two- or three- hours blocks mid-morning on Sci-Fi*, back when I was in high school... so, something like a bit over 10 years ago.

*Sticking with the old spelling, as that's what it was called back then.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

Oh man Tai.  I don't think I could be friends with you if you existed.  Campy Batman?  While hilarious....It is the single most insulting thing to the Batman universe outside of those horrible 90s incarnations.  C'mon.  Shoulda chosen Spiderman.  More relatable.

Shoulda just chosen the "Because I'm Batman!" path. 

I don't see the incest either. Not only are they not actually related (which does tend to make a whole lot of difference when defining or identifying incest), but also it's not like Dora and Tai haven't flirted and cuddled a bit before.

That is not the point some of us are making.  They are clearly not related.  And it isn't that it appears "incestuous" as some put it.

The fact is that, from my general perspective and reading of the comic and understanding (however small compared to their creator) was that everything between Dora and Tai was sisterly.  Not from Tai's perspective, no.  However, everything I read from Dora seemed to be no real romantic or sexual interest.  It seemed far more platonic and sisterly.

That it still not the point, though. Just because other people perceive a relationship as platonic, doesn't mean they themselves see it that way. Tai and Dora clearly don't see each other as sisterly, and judging by the amount of flirting that's passed between them, they never have.

Be my guest.  This is fiction.  The beauty of it is that we as readers are allowed some manner of our own perspective when reading something.

And who the hell ever said I though "THEY" saw each other as sisterly?  Did you even both reading what I've been saying?  I've said that Tai has always clearly viewed Dora sexually and romantically.  However, all the vibes I've ever gotten from Dora go more toward sisterly affections and flirty platonic interest as a confidant.  I'm sorry, but you may or may not be right.  The fact is that my interpretation of how Jeph set up Dora's characterization around Tai pre-outofleftfield dating was a sisterly vein.  And I will say it seems more a matter of convenience that this relationship is happening now.  That's not to insult it, just to question it's current believability at this point.  And I've yet to start believing it in the chemistry.

If Jeph how this last for any reasonable amount of time and convinces me otherwise, I'm all for it.  It will be a testament to his craft.  I just don't buy it right now from how I read all the stuff prior to this.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2012, 09:26 by Madmartigan »

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Look, at least camp sixties batman knows it's camp and plays up to that. I'm nearly sure the movie-that-shall-not-be-named meant to take itself seriously. Or wanted to, anyway.
Not that I've seen more than about ten minutes total of it, in thirty second installments lest I vomit.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

I debated seeing the new movies at some point - until I heard Christian Bale's voice. Then it was a no-go. I can't take him seriously when he's talking like that.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

I debated seeing the new movies at some point - until I heard Christian Bale's voice. Then it was a no-go. I can't take him seriously when he's talking like that.

:cry:

You shouldn't let that give it the no-go.  It is really only bad in Dark Knight.  Batman Begins it is mostly fine and it is better in Dark Knight Rises.  Not like you have to hear long winded dialogue from Bale as Batman or anything.

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier

Campy batman is still on ITV4 in the weekdays in the UK

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday

You're missing out on three great movies because of someone's voice. Just so you know.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Maybe Tai is a Prisoner Of War.

Imagine if Twitterguy had been an indie music obsessive and had said "I've got nothing against relationships, but I'm afraid you're making QC a relationship comic. Don't mess it up!". We would have believed he was OK with relationships.  (While disapproving of his telling Jeph what to do).
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.

Oh man Tai.  I don't think I could be friends with you if you existed.  Campy Batman?  While hilarious....It is the single most insulting thing to the Batman universe outside of those horrible 90s incarnations.  C'mon.  Shoulda chosen Spiderman.  More relatable.

I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

Really though, the All-Star or whatever series Batman with the whole I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN thing is so much worse than campy series Batman.

Also, campy movie Batman, which was both campy and terrible. Or did you forget about the whole Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze thing happening?

Adam West series Batman is fine.
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

Really though, the All-Star or whatever series Batman with the whole I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN thing is so much worse than campy series Batman.

Also, campy movie Batman, which was both campy and terrible. Or did you forget about the whole Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze thing happening?

Adam West series Batman is fine.

All-Star series?  I have no clue what you're  talking about.  And I did mention the 90s abominations.  AKA, the horrible Clooney and Kilmer incarnations.  The Adam West series was terrible.

What I was mentioning was actually something a parody group on youtube does.  Called "How it should have Ended."  That's where the "Because I'm Batman" line came from. :psyduck:

xLeitix

• Not quite a lurker

Imagine if Twitterguy had been an indie music obsessive and had said "I've got nothing against relationships, but I'm afraid you're making QC a relationship comic. Don't mess it up!". We would have believed he was OK with relationships.  (While disapproving of his telling Jeph what to do).

Idk, sure, on an abstract level that seems like the same thing. In reality, though, there's certainly some reason to believe imaginary twitterguy when he says that he's ok with relationships (and if he's not, so what?), but to not believe real twitterguy.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Fight to the death over West vs. Clooney vs. etc. if you want, but Yvonne Craig is and will always be Batgirl (seriously: Alicia who?) to this child of the early 1970s.

And (though I understand and respect the Eartha Kitt partisans), neither Pfeiffer nor Hathaway nor Berry can hold a can of catfood to Julie Newmar as the Feline Fatale.

So there.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

It is the single most insulting thing to the Batman universe outside of those horrible 90s incarnations.
Even I, admittedly nerdy but wholly uninterested in comic-book heroes, can refute that in two words: Rainbow Batman.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

No, sorry, batman publicly endorsing anything, and using a bat-credit card to do it is still the single dumbest thing in bat-history. Other than every line Schwarzenegger … well, I guess "said" isn't the right word, as that would imply modulation, nuance and, just possibly, an indoor voice.

Abyssalin

• Furry furrier

No, sorry, batman publicly endorsing anything, and using a bat-credit card to do it is still the single dumbest thing in bat-history. Other than every line Schwarzenegger … well, I guess "said" isn't the right word, as that would imply modulation, nuance and, just possibly, an indoor voice.

Bat... the Bat.... BAT CREDIT CARD..
You have undone years of forced forgetfulness..
A BAT CREDIT CARD....

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Ooh, forgot the batmobile made from chromed tissue paper and neon lights. Bue neon lights.
For stealth, I guess, since it blended in perfectly with neonchrome Gotham.

Madmartigan

• Curry sauce

Ooh, forgot the batmobile made from chromed tissue paper and neon lights. Bue neon lights.

Don't forget the super tight shots of "ass of steel" every time Clooney, Kilmer, and whoever the hell played Robin, suited up.  Ugh.  For DCs best superhero, there was/is a lot of horrid batman incarnations.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Re: homophobia. If you are going to be completely put off reading a webcomic you previously enjoyed because of a queer relationship? Homophobic. If you read books with a romantic relationship as the primary premise and like that to be heterosexual? Not homophobic. If you are put off by any homosexual relationships being in the books you read? Sorry, but that is homophobic.

It's not the worst thing in the world so long as you genuinely support gay rights and do not react with distaste to gay people being in public/holding hands/kissing/actually becoming more prominent in mainstream media, but if any amount of non-straight relationships ruin your book reading/movie watching experience, that is homophobic.

As for "I'm not x, but-", in the very very uncommon instance where what you're about it say is more grey-area-maybe-not-bigoted you're just going to have to use a different phrase because that is OWNED by bigots.

/OPINIONS  :police:

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

Nah, I'm not put off by gay relationships popping up. I just don't personally find them as interesting most of the time, but I will read some occasionally. I don't mind light PDAs, either, so long as they're not making out int he street or something - I actually think it's rather cute. But then, that goes for any couple, gay or straight - I don't like watching -anyone- play tonsil-hockey or feeling each other up in public.

Oh, and I may have been a bit overdramatic in saying that Bale's voice is why I haven't watched the movies. I really just aren't interested in them, nor am I much of a movie-person in general.

PersianParadox

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

I'd never actually noticed Tai's tattoo before. Does anybody know in which strip it first appeared?

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Ok, I don't have much of an opinion on the '60s Batman TV series, because I've never seen it properly. From what I have seen, it looks, if not good, then at least really influential, in that it basically provides textbook examples of all the superhero tropes that, say, sketch comedy groups and sometimes serious TV shows now parody or make light of.
But if there's one thing I can definitely say I like about it, it would be the hilarious cartoony shapes with the word "POW!" in them.

You go, Tai. :D
I'm betting that if she were to ever get into a fight, she would want to elbow the person JUST so that she could feel like she was Batman. :P

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I'd never actually noticed Tai's tattoo before. Does anybody know in which strip it first appeared?

Very first strip she was in.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

And (though I understand and respect the Eartha Kitt partisans), neither Pfeiffer nor Hathaway nor Berry can hold a can of catfood to Julie Newmar as the Feline Fatale.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Julie was indeed a sight for a young boy's sore... eyes, but the first time I heard Eartha purrr.... well, I was a goner.  I think I was 9 or so. 

And though Nicholson did a good job (I've not seen Ledger), Cesar Romero will always be the definitive Joker.  Something about that face...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Don't forget the super tight shots of "ass of steel" every time Clooney, Kilmer, and whoever the hell played Robin, suited up.  Ugh.  For DCs best superhero, there was/is a lot of horrid batman incarnations.

You mean the nipples.

0kamisama

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Warning: Prone to Squee-gasms ♥

I just remember seeing a few episodes of the old Campy Batman a few years ago and the acting and the awkward timing of the actions just turned me off. Not to say that the latest Nolan Batman movies are perfect (seriously, why are there next to no positive female roles?), but the 60's BAtman was an influential source for the horror of the Joel Schumaker films...

But to waste more of your time, I'll let Bat-Mite elaborate on the matter at hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJ3r7ycFss
I have no interest in ordinary humans...

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

What kind of panties is Dora wearing to have them ride up like that?

Vurogj

• Obscure cultural reference

What kind of panties is Dora wearing to have them ride up like that?
I'm pretty sure that's just her tattoo.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

I was really hoping that Dora's lipstick would transfer to Tai's lips after the kiss...

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Hahaha, Tai's face in the second-to-last panel is PRICELESS. ;D
And further art-related kudos to Jeph for the amazing sunset effect in Tai's windows. It took me about ten seconds to stop looking at that and concentrate on the rest of the comic.

(Good thing it was already established that Dora's kisses are extremely discombobulating.)

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

That kiss looks kinda awkward, to be honest.

Also I'm getting a kind of SM-vibe here. Dora being the dom and Tai the sub.

Hope this doesn't count as shipping. I've met couples that got started with the dom-sub-stuff because one of them liked being controlled by the other's sexual appeal just a liiiiittle too much. And unless Tai is goofing around she really DOES respond in that way to Dora's advances.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Loved it

Tai totally caught offguard and completely flummoxed.  I bet that that's a new experience for the legendary Tai_Fighter   :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up