THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 3 - Under the Moon  (Read 42638 times)

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
Mafia 3 - Under the Moon
« on: 07 Jan 2013, 06:47 »

The village is in danger.

Strange happenings have occurred, night after night. Innocents have vanished, only to reappear feasting on their beloved families. Others have been discovered with horrific wounds on their bodies that indicate fire or water... or no wounds at all.

God has issued divine punishment against the village for allowing sin into their hearts. The nature of the enemy is unknown. The full moon draws near. In order to appease their all-mighty Father, they must rid their village of all heretics.

Meanwhile, in the shadows lurk their enemies. Who knows what will happen?

Under the Moon

Rules:
1. Days will last for 48 hours or a player receives more votes than half the number of players still alive to get lynched
2. Nights will last for 24 hours. Roles which require PMing the GM have to do so by this time frame else they don't use their action. Should you have a role with an action you wish not to use, simply have "ABSTAIN" as the title for the PM.
3. Roles of people who die will be revealed.
4. Posting is allowed in the night as well as the day.
5. Once a player posts in this thread, that post cannot be edited or deleted.
6. Lynch votes should be in bold and at the bottom of the post.
7. The player with the majority (one more than half the living players) get lynched and the day ends. Should the the day end before a majority is reached, the player with the most votes will get lynched. A minimum of two votes is necessary for a person to get lynched. In the case that there is a tie in the most votes, the day will end with no lynched occurring.
8. Dead men tell no tales (no dead players can post in the game thread or talk about the knowledge they gained from playing the game)
9. There is a chance that a player attacked in the night will take his attacker with him or escape his assault. Unless instructed otherwise, this chance is 1%.

Player List:
01. henri bemis (Knight)
02. cesium133
03. de_la_Nae (Rogue)
04. Linds (Executor) (Dead)
05. Nikolai
06. dr. nervioso
07. riccostar
08. Unicorn
09. idontunderstand
10. gareth
11. TRVA123
12. TheEvilDog
13. J (Dead Apostle)
14. Game and Watch Forever Magus (Evoker)
15. Barmymoo (Friar)
16. bainidhe_dub
17. Patrick

NIGHT 0
Nights left until the full moon: 6
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2013, 07:33 by Black Sword »

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
Re: Mafia 3 - Under the Moon
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2013, 07:48 »

*tries not to take the lord's name in vain*

We don't even know what we're up against, or who we have on our side.  I know it's night, but I think it would be useful if we have some kind of conversation before the day comes and we have to vote.  This time, whatever is after us is getting a head start.

For now, I'm keeping my doors locked.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2013, 07:51 »

We need to come together and protect one another. It isn't too late to prevent our brethren from allowing sin into their hearts - we can't change what is past but we can change the future. I will be spending the night praying for deliverance and I invite anyone who wishes to join me to do so.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Black Sword

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2013, 07:54 »

(by the way, since it's night, that means 24 hours until morning, so action PMs, send them in!)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2013, 08:11 »

(Do we get to know the particulars of the roles like we did in the other games? Just curious, since I have no idea what they are for this version. If not, that's ok!)

Barmy, I will join you.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Black Sword

« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2013, 08:25 »

(Roles are HIDDEN this game. Roles will be revealed as players die. However, since Nasuverse is one of my favorite settings, I'll be happy to babble on about it if applied to.)

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2013, 09:29 »

Oh please, the last thing we need is to regress to such primitive superstitions. It's rationality and empiricism that will allow us to ferret out the threat here. We must maintain our rational thought at all costs.

(please, babble on. i have no idea what the 'nausverse' even is.)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2013, 09:40 »

Oh please, the last thing we need is to regress to such primitive superstitions. It's rationality and empiricism that will allow us to ferret out the threat here. We must maintain our rational thought at all costs.

HERETIC! HE'S TRYING TO USE REASON!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jan 2013, 09:43 »

Let us all keep calm, accusations and insults will not assist us here. J, you may call it primitive superstition but I call your attention to the evidence before your eyes. Already many have been slain. Do not allow yourself to be lured to their fate. Humble yourself and pray for protection.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jan 2013, 10:03 »

Dear Diary,

Things are getting weird in the village. I don't really sleep in the night any more. I'm too paranoid.

Strange things are happening. Nobody really knows what's going on. Nobody is safe. Or are they?

I suspect everyone.

I spend the nights sat on the porch, chain smoking and polishing my revolver. Six bullets. I only ever shoot five before I reload. Gotta save one for me just in case.

You never know.

You just never know.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Black Sword

« Reply #10 on: 07 Jan 2013, 10:15 »

Quote from: The Priest
"Fear not, people of the village. God is still with you. With his divine tools, I shall protect you, but only so long as you do not allow sin within your heart. The good shall be rewarded, the evil shall be punished. Let your heart be filled with His love and glory and you shall be spared. Let your heart be filled with blackness and with the power of God I shall cut you down where you stand."

(The Nasuverse is the universe of writings of Type Moon director Kinoko Nasu. There are a number of franchises but the unifying basis is the system of functional magic, themes, and concepts applied to the universe. Among the most fascinating is the concept of the Spiral of Origin (The Root, the Akashic Records). The Root exists outside of time, where it stores and archives information of all possibilities and events, past, present, and future. Of course, by giving it a name, you've actually changed the nature of it, so it's easiest to think of it as " ", or rather, the void, but even then it changes the meaning. " " is the best way to approach it.

The goal of magi (the resident magic wielders) is to reach the Root. All of their magic can often be considered an unintended result of their research, sort of how vaccination was a "my bad" by Pasteur. Of course, what I call "magic" is more like "magecraft" since it's an art that can produce phenomena in the world. True "magic" is the accomplishment of miracles, like the denial of nothingness and the operation of parallel worlds.

I think I babbled enough for now.  :-P)

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2013, 10:25 »

thanks

Let us all keep calm, accusations and insults will not assist us here. J, you may call it primitive superstition but I call your attention to the evidence before your eyes. Already many have been slain. Do not allow yourself to be lured to their fate. Humble yourself and pray for protection.

do you think that none who died had the names of of their gods on their lips?

we must look to the evidence before us, and only to the evidence; people have died, and that's all that we know. leaping to mythological conclusions is naught but pure panicked speculation, which is more dangerous than any killer.

there is something foul going on in our town, but it is as much a part of the natural world as you or i.

henri bemis

« Reply #12 on: 07 Jan 2013, 10:37 »

Whether or not the threat is supernatural seems irrelevant, as long as we keep our heads about us.  Prayer doesn't mean we can't make decisions based on evidence, and if prayer gives some of us hope and strength, so be it.  No one has yet made any accusations based on superstition.

This is not the time to argue.  We need more information.  Whatever foul creatures lurk in the shadows are surely watching us, may already be among us, and may be looking for a chance to create divisions between us.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jan 2013, 11:24 »

HERETIC! HE'S TRYING TO USE REASON!

You already show some worrying traits, my friend.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #14 on: 07 Jan 2013, 12:29 »

Everyone needs to remain calm. However you feel that you can do that, prayer, thinking, or otherwise, you should do that instead of trying to spread chaos and panic.

Personally I am choosing to pray for deliverance and for forgiveness of those who have fallen into sin. The words shared by the priest do not bode well for those who seek out evil, so I shall take refuge in my prayers.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan 2013, 12:44 »

I don't know what the bloody hell is going on here, but I am going to remain calm.
I don't know what or who killed the villagers, but I'm not going to say it was supernatural, be it werewolves, magic, or flying butts.
I need some time to think this all over, so I am approaching this rationally.
Now if you would excuse me, I am going to sit in my house, drinking my vodka and watch you all go crazy
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #16 on: 07 Jan 2013, 13:34 »

Dear diary,

Guess I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jan 2013, 17:39 »

Hm...

*grunts as she checks the locks and latches on the windows and doors*

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #18 on: 07 Jan 2013, 17:48 »

*Says several prayers, hangs horseshoe over door, throws spilled salt over shoulder, locks all doors and windows and sits in front of a roaring fire with a hot mug of tea.*

Bring it on.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #19 on: 07 Jan 2013, 21:01 »

*Sets several Home Alone-style traps around his home and locks himself in a panic room*

Nobody here.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #20 on: 08 Jan 2013, 01:47 »

I, for one, love Jesus
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: 08 Jan 2013, 05:17 »

Perhaps in the light of day logic will be more appealing, but for the moment I'm going to stick with prayer.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Black Sword

« Reply #22 on: 08 Jan 2013, 07:30 »

Day 1

After a long and tense night spent in prayer, the villagers gathered in the square. The uplifting words of the priest soothed some tempers and healed some of their disquiet, but that feeling ended quickly enough. The priest mutely gestured his flock into the church, where a most sacrilegious sight met their eyes.

Splayed on the altar is the body of none other than Barmymoo! A visiting friar, the holy man had two marks upon his throat that appear to be the result of fangs. His body had been drained of blood and contemptuously discarded within the home of God!

Quote from: Black Sword
Thou art the Friar.

A man who wanders the world preaching the word of God, thou are accustomed to speaking to the callous, the indifferent, and the hard-headed. Thou hath mastered the art of words.

During the day, you may use the phrase "I will use all of my powers to persuade you!" This will raise the value of your vote from 1 to 3. You can do this ONCE during the game.

You win if the Village is the last faction left standing.

The villagers exit the church and gather about to decide what to do next.

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2013, 07:33 »

*hides under bed and covers eyes*

The Lord will make it so that whatever I see can't harm me, right?

RIGHT?!

Warning - while you were typing the sun shot up into the air and a fellow villager got vampire'd to death

:cry: I hardly knew them.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2013, 08:10 »

This is insanity! We have no way of knowing who's who here at all! The mere statement of "I'm praying" means nothing, as they could be praying to ANY God out there! What shall be done?!

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #25 on: 08 Jan 2013, 08:26 »

THERE'S MORE THAN ONE GOD?!  :-o

In all seriousness, we need to have a roll call. Make sure everyone is accounted for...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #26 on: 08 Jan 2013, 09:05 »

*Cowers under the bed and silently prays*

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #27 on: 08 Jan 2013, 09:49 »

Dear diary,

Today a holy man died. He had a lot of pull in this town. There are lot of out-there views around here, but he always held sway and no matter how crazy things got he could even us out. I respected him. Dammit, I liked him. That's more than I can say for most people round here.

He was found dead with bite marks on his neck, a few pints short of a full blood quota.

I suspect everyone else is going to be blind to this, but it seems pretty clear to me we've got a vampire in our midst. At least one. You never know.

I'd better figure out how to make garlic bullets.

Still one real one in there for me, though.

Still one real one for me.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #28 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:17 »

*curls her lip in disgust after surveying the scene* Holy men. Pah! They might have their uses, but we're facing something with the will of a man, even if not the form of one. A priest can't turn a knife, and can't turn back...whatever this is.

Well fuck this! I don't plan on cowering in the night without stirring some shit and hellfire up in the day. *looks around* Where in the bleeding hell is Cesium133? Haven't seen or heard a peep from 'em in at least a day and I don't like that!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #29 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:35 »

*strides into the church with a sense of purpose, trips on the carpet and tries to play it off as a strut*

Bit early to be throwing accusations round, ain't it?

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #30 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:38 »

*steps forward*

Agree with the former speaker! There are many others who have not made their presence known yet. Let's make sure that everyone has a chance to be accounted for before we erm... kill those pesky idlers.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #31 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:40 »

*lights a cigarette, takes a long drag, coughs furiously. Sounds noticeably hoarse during next sentence.*

We should listened to the friar and got outta here while we had the chance.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #32 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:54 »

*curls her lip in disgust after surveying the scene* Holy men. Pah! They might have their uses, but we're facing something with the will of a man, even if not the form of one. A priest can't turn a knife, and can't turn back...whatever this is.

Well fuck this! I don't plan on cowering in the night without stirring some shit and hellfire up in the day. *looks around* Where in the bleeding hell is Cesium133? Haven't seen or heard a peep from 'em in at least a day and I don't like that!
Yeah, where is that jerk, anyway?
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #33 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:57 »

Damned straight it's early to throw around accusations! But I'm--okay there you are, that's more like it!

*peers around* Well since this is going so far *cups hands to mouth* NIKOLAI GET YER ASS IN HERE BEFORE WE DRAG IT OUT INTO THE STREET!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #34 on: 08 Jan 2013, 13:13 »

*quietly pukes in the corner and puts cigarette out*

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #35 on: 08 Jan 2013, 13:25 »

I picked the wrong moment to walk in on this...

What in the hell is going on here?
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #36 on: 08 Jan 2013, 13:27 »

Someone's been mur *pukes*

Dear diary,

My Clint Eastwood-style internal monologue was not enough to save me from exposing my slight clumsiness and distaste for nicotine.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #37 on: 08 Jan 2013, 13:59 »

*Does his best Taggert impersonation*

There's been a murrrrrrrrder!

Also, I'm pretty sure smoking in a church is on that list of things that you never do.

That and transform into a werewolf while delivering a sermon...

Have we got any ten year old kids in a wheelchair here?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #38 on: 08 Jan 2013, 14:01 »

((Cycle of the Werewolf reference noted and approved! :D))

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #39 on: 08 Jan 2013, 15:24 »

*Does his best Taggert impersonation*

There's been a murrrrrrrrder!

Also, I'm pretty sure smoking in a church is on that list of things that you never do.

That and transform into a werewolf while delivering a sermon...

Have we got any ten year old kids in a wheelchair here?

*lights the wrong end of another cigarette*

You look familiar. Did you have a young girl cousin in another village who I might have received suspicious photos of?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #40 on: 08 Jan 2013, 15:36 »

You mean my cousin who was murdered by a deranged psychopath who suspiciously looks like you?

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #41 on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:03 »

Exactly how many villages full of murderers are there around here?
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

TheEvilDog

« Reply #42 on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:21 »

Apparently we live in Midsomer County.

So yeah, be afraid.

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #43 on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:40 »

What the bloody hell?
Killing a holy man, predictable (especially after his reassurance spiel). Whoever is doing is trying to strip us of our security, but that ain't gonna work with me.
And for those jumping to a vampire murder, don't be so hasty. It could just be a necrophiliac with a biting fetish
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #44 on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:49 »

You mean my cousin who was murdered by a deranged psychopath who suspiciously looks like you?

He was a Viet Nam veteran and I miss him every day. I'll thank you to keep a civil tongue.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #45 on: 08 Jan 2013, 17:04 »

How many Nam vets does it take to change a lightbulb?

YOU DON'T FUCKIN KNOW, MAN, YOU DIDN'T SEE THE SHIT I SAW
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #46 on: 08 Jan 2013, 17:05 »

Oh did I get that joke from you? Or did I tell you that joke?

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #47 on: 08 Jan 2013, 17:27 »

ok, we need to figure out what exactly we're dealing with here, but also be sure not to ignore any sort of possibilities by leaping to conclusions. lets just all stay calm and keep our heads screwed on.

the most obvious thing it looks like is a vampire, but is there anything else that kills like that?

henri bemis

« Reply #48 on: 08 Jan 2013, 17:33 »

anemic barbequers? 

Whatever it is, we do need a strategy.  Honestly, I was almost suspicious of Barmymoo - he was just so genuine.  And now I feel terrible.  I'm so sorry, Friar.  I fear past experience has made me cynical.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #49 on: 08 Jan 2013, 17:37 »

Lots of things can kill like that.

But it was probably one of you, whether it was with your teeth or some sort of magic or something improvised. Not sure what angle they're playing...don't figure I know too many reasons to wipe us out.

That said I'm sticking by what I said earlier and getting this train started!

I vote we drag Nikolai into the light and give him what for.

And fuck all of you who'll want to string me up just because I had the guts to act and you didn't.  Calm and rational discussion never stopped a mass murderer by themselves.  8-)

((Edit: By the by let me make it obvious that I'm acting up a little bit for this game, no offense actually intended.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up