THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 09:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 562813 times)

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper

Am back.  Cuba felt like summer.  The cold now hurts me in a teary sad way.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Christ, I made out with at least two people last night. Never met either one before. One of them just happened to be at the bar at midnight and neither of us had anyone to kiss and uh... Whoops.

Jeez. I am terrible.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

It's an interesting counterpoint to your signature. Other than that ... It's great to be you?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

More is coming back. One of them was 51 and I seriously considered sleeping with her. One of them has my phone number. Apparently when I left the bar I said 'I have to go home, I'm pulling too many women.'

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

Ouch.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Oh Christ and the two women MET EACH OTHER that's why I escaped the bar  :psyduck:

I am fucking terrible, no wonder the one with my number hasn't texted me...

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

At least you're never boring, mate.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

That is almost a compliment... But no I'm not boring hahaha.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Holy fuck the holidays are finally over. Finally.

Today, I turned 25. I'm glad I survived this long, all the shit I've been through/put myself through.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Happy birthday bud!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Happy birthday, Patrick!
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

Yep, Happy Birthday to you!
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Ta Ta, happy birthday Patrilicious (I don't know why I wrote this)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Happy birthday Patrick!
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Happy Birthday, Patrick! Many happy returns.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

Happy birthday!!! :-D
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Happy birthday, Pat!

In blog news, Facebook seems to think I got engaged on NYE, I'm suddenly getting tons of "getting married soon?", "recently got engaged?" ads. I have no idea why, I am definitely not engaged. I think I'd remember being proposed to.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Every time I look at Facebook, I am presented with an additional reason to hate it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

thanks for the birthday wishes you guys! I generally hate birthdays (being a New Year's baby can be annoying, everybody remembers your birthday whether or not you know them) but this year was great. one of the best on record. I managed to get out of town and into San Francisco, where my friend played a house show. between me, the friend playing, and 2 others, we pickled ourselves in half a handle of Bulleit bourbon and acted a fool and had a fantastic time. and then my friend Coco (his name's Cody but fuck that) spent 2 hours throwing up and my buddy and I handled him like pros. that's love, folks.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Every time I look at Facebook, I am presented with an additional reason to hate it.
I so agree.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I've been Facebook-clean for 5 months!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

And we miss you!
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Played some Catan today and kicked ass. Gonna kick some more now.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

(posted this in the random thoughts thread, but it's more of a blog post so I removed it and pasted it here)

sitting in the train back to Karlsruhe. Should arrive in about 40 minutes.

It's the first time I got a working internet connection on this trip. These trains are officially supposed to have WiFi. But the uplink didn't seem to work for most of the time.

I am fucking tired. I didn't sleep last night, because I had to pack all my stuff. Let's hope I didn't forget anything terribly important. I slept in the train, probably even for about 4 hours, but that isn't a good replacement for sleeping in a bed. But it's enough to keep me up and running until I went to the shop and arrived back home. Tomorrow is sunday and the day after is a public holiday in this state (something I really need to get used to. The state of Baden-Württemberg has so many more holidays than Schleswig-Holstein. Probably because there the catholic holidays are public ones too. So yeah, I need to go buy some food so I can survive the next two days. And then I can sleep.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

I do believe that having slow, unreliable Internet access is worse than having none at all. For the past fortnight, we've had no phone or Internet at home, because a component  in the BT-owned part of the network had degraded. After someone came to fix that it, they also moved the master socket to a more convenient location (I have no idea what that does to the demarcation point, since we bought and installed the extra line ourselves a year or so back) and also changed the socket for one with an ADSL filter built in. Now we have Internet access again, but with frequent connection loss and only at 280 kbps. Whee!
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Yeah, the only internet connection I have at home here is currently throttled to 64kbit/s. That sucks

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

So, sort of been working on a couple of those resolutions I listed in that thread.

Not exactly according to goals or plan, but been in a fairly pleasant place since the 1st. Even without genital orgasms or kissing, I had (what amounts to me) months of pleasurable physical contact in a couple hours, and BOY HOWDY that helps half-placate my high libido and general malaise for a while.

Actually we're only a few days in, but 2014 is shaping up well. A long overdue private rant of emotions to myself and God, some long overdue physical playtime, dinner yesterday with the girlfriend I've been missing for months, the confirmation that Amber isn't dead, increased awareness of and opposition to Indiana HJR-6, continued recognition of my worth at the new job... hell, I've almost been feeling like things are going well.

I know that feeling can't last... at the end of the day I'm still me, and people and the world still are what they are. I've been depressed for much of the last third of the year, it's not really unusual for me to swing back upwards for a while anyway, and it's hard to tell causes and effects from inside a busted head sometimes. But still, it's really, really nice for now, right? And maybe I can chip away at the cycle a bit more this go-around, make it that much easier to survive and thrive in on the next downturn.

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

So this was possibly the best New Years Eve on record, mainly for the fact my girlfriend and I bought our plane tickets to New Zealand - we're off in October. Feels like forever to wait but due to EVERYBODY IN THE FAMILY getting married this year (thankfully, not to each other), we've had to postpone the trip a bit. Gives us longer to save up too. Going to fuckin' surf, swim with Dolphins, and probably move in to Hobbiton and never, ever leave.

It's nice to be back on the forums, I haven't been here in a while.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

My new years eve was objectively better than the last one, as it didn't end with me sobbing uncontrollably.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra

My new years eve was objectively better than the last one, as it didn't end with me sobbing uncontrollably.

+1

Lobster at dad's place beats suicidal. :-P
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

Loki

• comeback tour!

So guess it's my birthday today.

In other news, I have the following things to do:

* clean up my room
* take out the trash
* make a list of who I want to attend my birthday party
** actually figure out what I want to do for my birthday party - never organized one before
** figure out how to coordinate the different people I want to be there because some of them are basically mutually exclusive *sigh*
* do math homework for tomorrow
* read up on the homework me and my partner were supposed to do together and that he did alone - I need to be able to explain what he did by tomorrow
* write up my TA report for three weeks ago - until Tuesday
* write up my TA report for tomorrow - until Tuesday
* write up what has been happening in the last few weeks for my therapist, because there is no way in hell I won't forget something unless I have notes - until Friday

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Happy birthday, Pat!

In blog news, Facebook seems to think I got engaged on NYE, I'm suddenly getting tons of "getting married soon?", "recently got engaged?" ads. I have no idea why, I am definitely not engaged. I think I'd remember being proposed to.

I was there and you weren't proposed to. I think it was two days later that I raised the possibility me of marrying one of your younger siblings though.

Loki, happy birthday!

You guys you guys you guys last night my friend told me to save a date and then said "actually save the night before and the day after too" and then she TOTALLY ASKED ME TO BE HER BRIDESMAID AT HER WOODLAND TEA PARTY WEDDING I am so excited about this.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->

Useless without pics etc

#jealousmuch
#awesome
#luckyyou

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Loki
Happy birthday man.

I was gonna write some more stuff but it all sounded too cheesy.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

TSK, was that in response to me? The wedding isn't until June, there are not yet any photos! I am currently on a wedding cake quest - vegan and gluten free, due to an awkard mix of guests (the vegan part isn't just my fault, someone is lactose intolerant).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Happy birthday Loki!
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Happy birthday, Pat and Loki! Sorry I'm late.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Damn, why didn't you say something earlier! I was kinda distracted this evening...

Happy belated birthday Loki!

And seriously, that sounds like a shitty way to spend your birthday. It also reminds me of the way I spent my 18th (for the Americans: 18 is the age of maturity here, so your 18th birthday is kinda a big deal)

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

My new years eve was objectively better than the last one, as it didn't end with me sobbing vomiting uncontrollably.

FTFY (or really, for me)

Happy Birthday Loki & Pat, congratulations May! 2014 is truly the year of weddings.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper

Let's see...

Had 20 days off work.
Spent 7 in Cuba.
Possibly had more alcohol in Cuba than in my entire life put together.  Including at one point 2 drinks in one day.
Exercised less than I had hoped to, but still did some exercise, so am happy.
Read some excellent books.
Did not book therapist appointment (bad!)
Got Carcassonne for my birthday
Successfully destressed.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

And it's fucking 7 goddamn degrees out.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Loki

• comeback tour!

[birthday wishes]
Thanks everybody :)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

happy belated birthday Loki!

today I went to SF with my buddy Lukas, who is on leave from the Air Force, and my Marine recruit buddy's girlfriend Megan. said recruit buddy, named Jesse, shipped off to boot yesterday, and she wanted to get out of the house and kick it. we all had a great time, and it felt nice giving her a chance to hang out with some folks who can sympathize quite well with what she's dealing with.

work's been great. they've cut hours but I'm the only seasonal hire they seem intent on keeping. I'm more clearly interested in product knowledge than the other seasonals, and I carved a social niche for myself super quickly. pretty sure I'll be sticking around a good while.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

Wow! Happy birthday (belated or not) to Loki, ev4n, and bain!!

January is like, Official Forumite Birthday Month.

Patrick- will keep fingers crossed that they keep you. You deserve a good place to work after all the BS you put up with from the last ones!
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Cool! My birthday is also in January!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

The 29th.

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll jump onto the bandwagon and say that mine was yesterday, too.
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

TIL a lot of forumites' parents fucked in March/April. Happy birthday y'all <3

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

Mine's in December, so I guess I'm not a Forumite.  :-P
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98   Go Up