THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 543732 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

I'm going to see WRASSLIN'! Live! Again! RAW and Smackdown taped shows! IN LONDON! SO. EXCITED.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2013, 15:05 by Welu »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Oh goddammit. I would love to go to one of those.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Go! It's only the crap seats left so they're cheapish. Be getting nosebleeds from being so high up.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Lynnie, I'm so broke that I get nosebleeds from the food I buy. Because it's so cheap. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

It's weird to see my real name in this forum.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

Yeah that's my middle name (Lynne) and my family still calls me Lynnie so it's weird for me as well, for some reason.

Though seeing my name anywhere is weird since almost no one has my first name.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

You're right about that, Steve.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

I think I've seen it on the forum.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper

Ridiculous snow + 180-mile driving route = maximum suck.

Wheeeee*CRASH*
Worry Hat, Engage!

K1dmor

• Beyoncé

Eating ice-cream and reading a new QC Strip. What could be better?  :-D

Eating ice-cream and reading a new QC strip while having a blowjob maybe, but you can't have everything.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

I had a horrible idea pop into my head...My Little Pony Glue Factory.

I googled it, and to my surprise (I really shouldn't be surprised, it is the internet after all) I found a fanfic. Pinkie pie is a sleeper agent sent to grind up all the other ponies into glue.

It is fuckin' hilarious. :mrgreen:
Worry Hat, Engage!

Barmymoo

• Mentat

K1dmor, it's not something I have ever experienced but I think I'd find the one distracting from the other in your second scenario, and the other other would just make a mess. I'll leave you to figure out which is which.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Also ... slow-reader or, you know, fast?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I was about to say "I don't know who the prime minister of Belgium is!" but then I realised that you are Belgian. That's... that's really quite bad.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Duh I did know that, come on brain. What I guess I really meant was "the people who were surveyed are in Belgium".

Which bit of Yorkshire? Should I already know that? Apologies if so.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Ah. I'm from Huddersfield originally, but I don't sound much like it. My Yorkshireness is discernible to the conoisseur of accents but it's been cruelly battered by my sojourns in Shropshire, Paris, Cambridge and America.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Considering Belgium (or Holland) doesn't technically border the Atlantic ocean, mixing up it and the Pacific ocean might be excused. However, if a Dutchman was unable to point out Overijssel that'd be a failure of the primary school system, since that's where they really drill geography. History is the responsibility of middle school. So, technically, the spokesman is right: the college didn't screw up the students' education (yet). But being technically right isn't an excuse for being so tactless: what they should have said "Oh jeez, that's pretty bad, we should probably do something about that, maybe take admission exams or something." Now they're just pointing fingers, like a parent blaming the brightly coloured wrappers and hyperactive commercials for the fact their child is stuffing their face with candy.

So what is the study/college in question? Just so I know not to go near it.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Ah. I'm from Huddersfield originally, but I don't sound much like it. My Yorkshireness is discernible to the conoisseur of accents but it's been cruelly battered by my sojourns in Shropshire, Paris, Cambridge and America.

Especially America. ;)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have simply given up and accepted that the word "stroller" has become a permanent part of my vocabulary.

Zingoleb

I googled it, and to my surprise (I really shouldn't be surprised, it is the internet after all) I found a fanfic. Pinkie pie is a sleeper agent sent to grind up all the other ponies into glue.

Can't be worse than Cupcakes.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I think I've seen it on the forum.

Elesia. There are many other forms of it but few have mine.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Can't be worse than Cupcakes.
Won't be nearly as popular as Rainbow Factory.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

GAH. Just got invited to interview at Birmingham City. Obviously that's a good thing but I haven't adjusted to the idea of maybe going to Birmingham. I only applied there on a complete whim last month. I spent so long being convinced I would be going back to Yorkshire, but the three non-Yorkshire "wild cards" which I've added one at a time are the ones that are actually interested. Gah.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

Howe long is the commute?
Worry Hat, Engage!

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Today, I went to an professor's office hours, and I was not unpleased with the interaction.  Actually, I left feeling good.  That is a rare thing. I think I have mentioned on this forum before my problmems with interacting with professors.  This is, in fact, the first time I have gone to a professor's office hours since starting grad school.

I also have some idea what my mid-term career goal is, and have some ideas about finding internships for this summer.  I also found a job which I am qualified for and which is related to my mid-term career goal. 

It has been a good day, and it is only 1pm.  C'mmon day, don't fuck it up.
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

May, I won't make the negligible joke about "Why are you moving to Alabama?"
Just another Joe like 46

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building

Oh, by the way, my date got cancelled. She got sick and asked them to reschedule for a time two weeks later. So next week. So now, three weeks in, and they still haven't set up a date.

I suspect tomorrow, I'm sending an extremely nasty note to them, as I specified last week that I expected them to contact me ASAP with a date with someone else for this week. It's fine that she got sick, I'm not upset at her or anything. I'm getting peeved with them because while I'm usually able to endure things, this is on a timer and I paid for a service I haven't received.

short version: I paid, I expect results.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Bluesummers, it's about three hours (the travel time varies depending on whether or not you have to go through London - almost invariably you do have to go through London because nearly all train services in this country are based around London - so I have to go south before I can go north).

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

There used to be a railway line between Oxford and Cambridge.  Dr Beeching closed it, and at the Cambridge end a major radio telescope got built on its track.  The Oxford end was reopened as far as Bicester about 20 years ago, and there are plans to extend that further, I believe.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

I'm doing my first day of intermittent fasting but an easy version, 1000 calories when you're meant to do 600. I'm not super hungry but I am pretty hungry and nope actually I really want a sammich.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I have seen said big-ass telescope! It's quite cool. But given the choice, I would prefer a train line from Oxford to Cambridge. I'd like to visit Oxford. I do not wish to take the X5 to Oxford ever again.

Welu, what's the basis for intermittent fasting? Only eating 600 calories sounds downright dangerous to me.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

and at the Cambridge end a major radio telescope got built on its track.
How careless of them.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Welu, what's the basis for intermittent fasting? Only eating 600 calories sounds downright dangerous to me.

It is basically crash dieting on alternating days. It's meant to be a way of eating, not just a temporary diet. You're taking in less in general so you're taking in less bad things, leads to weight loss, lower cholesterol, all that good stuff. I've read about people who've been doing it for at least two years.
My doctor actually recommended it to me but only doing it two days a week. I agree it sounds nuts but I'm willing to try down to 1000 because I am better at holding super strong for a day rather than a little strong every day, which is why he thinks it would suit me.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I have seen said big-ass telescope! It's quite cool.

When I was working for Norsk Data I visited it a couple of times to support a computer attached to it.  They used  (in a small way) some software I had written as a personal project - a compiler on the ND computer for BCPL (a language I couldn't manage to force into the pun thread...), developed from the compiler I had written for the Varian range of computers.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

This may seem like a dumb question, but why could they not build said BART on top of the rail line?
Just another Joe like 46

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Are you suggesting we connect Bay Area Rapid Transit to Britain? Because DUDE FUCK YEAH PLEASE DO
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Big Ass Radio Telescope, you San Franciscan you :P
Just another Joe like 46

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Oh, and he's playing the same program he just did in New York in Berkeley, CA on Sunday

Gaining another good review.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

I know he just played in NYC, but will he be in the NYC/Boston area again anytime soon?
Worry Hat, Engage!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I don't currently have his schedule beyond next month, I'm afraid; I'll try to get some updates.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

I took the clerical and data entry tests require for the job I want and I am adequate! I need to be in the 40th percentile for the clerical skills and sore a 50 or better on the data entry.  I am in the 75th percentile and I scored a 57.  Now, I need to revise my resume and write a cover letter.  <moan and groan>  I am over qualified for this job, academically, but it aligns pretty well with my current career goals, as foot in the door thing, so I hope I can write a compelling cover letter.  It would be so nice to have some income and, if I get the job, there is a chance I could use it for internship credit too.  Birds? meet this stone.
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Woo, good luck Kat!

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Why? I think they're a good way to tailor your application to the job. No different from personal statements when applying to university.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé

I could barely sleep last night...
 My brain was like "Hey! Wanna remember how you screw up your relationships? Well Fuck you, here we go!".
 Then i started to check again if my pillow was symmetrical with the rest of the bed... and then eyelash in the eye  :-( So after trying to get it out, i had to wake up and go to the bathroom to do so.
 And of course i had to check the symmetry of my bed when i came back....

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch

I'm excited for friday, I'm going to an art show at a coffee shop right outside of campus and a little later, I will be going to a party for a friend.
I am really looking forward to it, since I have had the first round of tests/quizzes/assessments in my courses last week and this week.
Which wasn't really helped by my recent habit of tiredness. Which is weird, because I have actually had a decent sleep schedule. Oh well, I got some coffee today and it gave me the boost I needed not to pass out while studying
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Oh, and he's playing the same program he just did in New York in Berkeley, CA on Sunday

Gaining another good review.

What the fuck how did I miss this? Aw man, now I feel like a jerk :C

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Tonight was an amazing practice, we had 12 heavy armored fighters at once and I got some real good fights in. I was also cup-checked (for those not in the know, a cup-check is when the athletic cup that covers the genitals is struck) but no permanent damage. Happy that I wear a cup! I used my pourpoint (a vest that you attach the leg armor to, it distributes the weight better than attaching it to a belt) and I feel like I fought a lot better and was a lot more comfortable. I did get struck very hard on the hip, which lead to the following exchange.
Me: "Good hip!" I begin walking away
Prince Maynard (marshalling the practice rather than fighting this week): "Hip isn't a kill shot"
Me: *concerned groan* I turn back and drop to my knees to finish the bout.

My hip is presently very sore. Also the basket slid off of my sword so I'll have to fix that before next week.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Some super drunk girl came to jam night tonight and completely rocked, amazing voice and control and musicianship. Did I mention she was hammered? Like, every time she stopped singing to drink water, she kept hitting the wrong part of her face, stumbling about, a total wreck except for when she had a guitar in hand or a mic in front of her. I have never seen anyone change from an off-balance wreck to limelight wizard like that, blew my fucking mind.

Fisrt she geetared and sang a song and my friend and I backed her on bass and drums, and it was sick. Then she had my buddy and I improvise a rhythm section groove while she freestyled words and a melody right on the spot. My rapper friend joined in to spit some verse off the top, and we probably did like half an hour of it and nobody hated us for it. End of the night came and it turned out she knew hella Beatles, and the bartender and I are Beatles fanatics. Just about everyone had left and it was her and me on mic, me on guitar, the bartender singing along behind the bar, my buddy on bass.

I certainly hope she'll be back, I have been praying to the gods for somebody to come in and ease up my life as far as singing duties are concerned. Jesus. It's not very often you find a singer like that.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor

Wait til you find out she sounds like Macy Gray when she's sober. Better invest in some apple-tinis.
Worry Hat, Engage!

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

That's excellent Patrick. I've run into a few people like that in my life. Sadly, a lot of girls are seemingly scared of being too serious about music, or that's my impression at least. Or maybe they just didn't like me, that's always a possibility.  :parrot:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98   Go Up