THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 05:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Make-Up Thread: Because we all like to feel pretty sometimes  (Read 50122 times)

catflea

• Obscure cultural reference

Fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

Lines

• Awakened

Kat - I love your hair in a side bun! It looks really great. Also how did you make her nails fuzzy?

Re: Body discomfort - I mean, I have issues with my body, but I am not really uncomfortable being naked around people I'm familiar with. However, when I'm not bathing/just recently finished bathing or having sexy times, I do not like being naked. I am actually much more comfortable wearing some form of clothing. Part of it is because I get cold easily and the other part is my thighs stick together and it bothers me. Stupid chub rub.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Kat - I love your words and the fuzzy nails! How did you get that effect?

Body stuff ~ ~
I like being naked, at least for sleeping. I wouldn't walk around the house naked unless it was very, very warm and I had all the curtains closed.
I've been debating taking nude photos of myself as a sort of therapy for learning to love my body. Treat myself as I would a set-up for any other artistic photo I would take, focus on depth, lighting and composition to make an interesting photo. Maybe in the process learn, "Hey, I can look awesome if I believe I'm capable of it." Although I also like having my body between only myself and my partner. I guess I could take photos without my face but then I'd be worried about turning myself into an object. I also don't think I could totally own the body love if I wasn't willing to attach my identity to it.
Never mind all the crap it could unfairly do to my professional life if photos like that were "discovered".

Lines

• Awakened

Oh yeah, a while back y'all were talking about facial masks and whatnot, so I bought one of the kinds you can peel off. (I've always loved the nose strip things. Also I'm wearing it now and I'm stupid excited to peel it off.) Well, it's blackberry and it's...black. So I've got black face right now. Great.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Aethien

• Curry sauce

Kat - I love your words and the fuzzy nails! How did you get that effect?

Body stuff ~ ~
I like being naked, at least for sleeping. I wouldn't walk around the house naked unless it was very, very warm and I had all the curtains closed.
I have a hard time understanding how people can sleep in any other way than naked. Being naked in bed is so very very comfortable.

Also, fancy almost cookie monster nails.

Bluesummers

• Duck attack survivor
  • Professional Beep Booper

I am naked almost too often. I suppose I have to put on clothes when I go to work, but once I am back in the safe confines on the house, it's no-pants time for me.
Worry Hat, Engage!

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Fuck, I'm not even comfortable being barefoot. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

catflea

So I went to bed too early after doing my nails last night.  Instead of being lovely and glassy they have the texture of my pillows and bedsheets.    Gah  :x

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Fuzzy nails were done using flocking powder. I got the idea from here

On body comfort:
I think one way to help yourself learn to be more comfortable with your own body is to make sure you are seeing other bodies like it in a positive light.  Most positive images we are exposed to are young, thin, white, cis people.  If you are not those things it can be difficult to appreciate what you have.  I follow a few 'diversity' sexy photo tumblrs (NSFW, ovbs:No Shame, Just Love, Sex is Beautiful, Diversexity) not to find photo sets which excite me, but I think it is healthy for me to see their photos on my dash, to try and balance the images will see in the rest of my life.  I also follow the 'fatshion' tag because seeing pictures of adorable fat people dressed all pretty helps me feel confident in my ability to also look fly.  I have actually been looking for a fashion tumblr which is along the same lines as the sexy blogs above, but with people with their clothes mostly on, instead of mostly off, but I haven't found one.  If anyone has a recommendation...?

On general nakedness:
Stephen and I are strict observers of "No-pants-o'clock"  which is the time of evening when you know you shall not leave the house again, so why the hell do you still have pants on?  I regularly walk around the house for hours naked, or in just underpants, or sometimes wrapped in a towel; some days the only reason I put a shirt on is because I cook something which might splatter, and I haven't got an apron. 

[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

My favorite day is naked breakfast day.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Just don't cook the bacon naked.

I learned that the hard way.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

catflea

Its Sausages you boys need to be careful of  :-P

I do know someone though who was cooking naked and burned his junk on the oven...

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I generally don't wear pants (or real pants anyway - just workout/sweatpants) around the house. I often do just a t-shirt and occasionally undies, or as Gaz calls it, Donald Duckin' it.

I looked at that nail polish site and it makes me want to do pretty things with my nails but I'm too shaky to do mine alone :(
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Donald Duckin' is pretty hot.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig

Yess, I love doin' the Donald thing. :-P

At home, I'm particularly fond of big, baggy pants and a sports bra or that reversed- tiny shorts with a huge tshirt. Don't know why but I've always loved both of those combinations. Everything too baggy and I feel like a shlub but everything too tight and I feel like a sausage. I'm weird about just walking around the house naked- too many neighbors and I like sheer curtains to let the sunlight in. However, as some of you may remember I recently started modeling for life drawing classes and prior to that modeled for some fine art photography aka hello naked in front of lots of people in my lifetime thus far. I enjoy it mainly because it's nice to be on the opposite side of the canvas/paper/lens/whathaveyou but also because seeing my body as a piece of art rather than something that I need to be self conscious of has really helped improve my body image. I still have a ton of issues with myself but have made some serious strides in acceptance. Welu- I say go for it in terms of the photos. You can always delete them afterward if it makes you uncomfortable to have them existing. I've done it before and it's incredibly fun and freeing. Plus, you can share them with your significant other and it is hot.  :wink:

I follow a few boards on Pinterest that you all might be interested in- Love your body - bodies that inspire me to accept mine! (some NSFW), Love your body - change your thinking, love your body - fat chicks in art! (some NSFW) and Don't Compare Yourself to Celebrities.

Catflea- the pillow pattern thing drives me nuts!!! Especially because I like to do my nails at night to relax.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku

I like to wear form-fitted shirts and men's cargo shorts together. It was my signature look for a while. Then I got all paranoid and self-conscious about my legs. So I wear pants (or skirts with leggings or anything that keeps my legs covered) all the time, except on vacation and during the summer, during which I go back to my happy little combination.

Wearing just a shirt and underwear is fun if I'm trying to get attention. :P

I do some modeling for art classes, too, Petit! I've only gotten to do it twice so far, but the second time, I was in a bikini. You don't truly feel self-consciousness until you notice that someone has carefully crafted a sketch of only your butt and thighs because of the pose you were in (I was in this big stretching-like position, where the people behind me could basically only see my butt and legs and maybe the back of my head. I still haven't decided how okay I am with this. :P

Welu, are you talking about storing those photos on your phone or computer? If they're on your phone, then you can transfer them to your computer and delete the copies on your phone. Storing photos on your computer is really easy--find a folder you never use that has a bunch of things in it. I took a folder I had downloaded for a school project. Then, make a new folder with a title that blends in. This works especially well if the other folder titles are gibberish. Make some folders inside of your new camo folder. Bury your folder with the actual pictures as deep into that as you like. I keep a few folders in there of outfits (mostly nighties) I thought I looked good in. If you're not planning on sending them to anyone and take care of your computer in such a way that it won't get stolen or snooped in, then you should definitely be fine.
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

I'd be taking them with my proper DSLR because I don't use it often enough, so on my computer. The only person who has the password to my laptop is my partner so storing them wouldn't worry me. I could store them as, "Nude shots" and it'd be very unlikely anyone but him would see them, not that he'd snoop through my laptop. Or so I assume anyway.  :angel:
I guess I should just go for it. If I ever think, "Damn this looks awesome enough to show to people." then I'll worry about that issue.

Thanks for the advice, people.  :-)

~ ~

Also here's some pictures of my nails I kept forgetting to show the thread. Did this weeks ago now. Was the first time I attempted tips of any kind and also cutting/filing my nails without just chopping them short. They were a bit messy.  :-P

Before. As you can see I broke one badly otherwise I'd have just left them:

After. I did the tips by holding an elastic band over the dry bottom layer with my thumb and just painting the space. Awkward but does the job:
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2022, 12:46 by Welu »

Papersatan

I like the alternating colors.

I've done mine up with fuzzy shamrocks:

Papersatan

classy as fuck:

gloss on matte navy polka-dots:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Ooh so fancy!!
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Papersatan

made less fancy:

I am watching the basketball game with some friends tomorrow, so this is my spirit.   

catflea

Im about to get zapped with lasers.  Im going to be unpretty for a few days

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

You'll still be pretty underneath the red and splotchy skin!

Zingoleb

I did an hour of electrolysis once that I still actually haven't paid for. It wasn't painful - I said 'ow' a couple of times, but mostly it just felt like a hot slap. I'm unsure if I'd like to continue down that route, though.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

I did it last year for my upper lip hair. It didn't really work, and I followed all of their guidelines and care instructions. :(

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I pretty desperately want to get it done in many places. We shall see if I ever have the money for it.

Zingoleb

I did it last year for my upper lip hair. It didn't really work, and I followed all of their guidelines and care instructions. :(

well the thing is, hair grows in cycles. they might have gotten all the hair that was growing, but they didn't get all the dormant hairs. hair follicles have to be active and growing to be affected by laser or electrolysis, and hair tends to grow in waves of activity/dormancy.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

I had at least six treatments over a period of  6 or more months.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

I've thought about it for my chin/neck fluff. Even though I've been told by a few trusted people that even after I've highlighted it to them, they barely see it. It really bothers me though.

Zingoleb

It takes longer than that.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Forgot to say I love the polka-dot nails, Kat. I will be stealing all your designs.

catflea

It takes longer than that.

It certainly does.   This is my 6-12th sessions that I've paid for

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Well I haven't looked at this thread for a while.

I have an appointment in a couple months to start laser hair removal. I will be so happy to have to shave less. *crosses fingers*

I splurged on a manicure the other day. Of course a few minutes ago I started picking at my nail without thinking about it, and chip the paint. >_<

Papersatan

Easter nails: fuzzy chicks.   Michigan is still in March Madness, so I gave the thumbs pennants. 

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

You have WAAAAAY too much time on your....  hands...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Papersatan

That can't possibly be true, or I would have my homework for today done. :p

But, as someone with no kids and no job, maybe.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I wish I could do detail like that! So cute!

I got a mani/pedi with the boyfriend. I may have made him go. But he liked it, hah. I just got plain black nails, nothing fancy, so no pics. But I love getting my nails done!

Even though the nail polish has a ton of bubbles in it that won't go away :(

Zingoleb

Rub it between your hands. Pumping the brush in and out to stir it up or shaking it causes bubbles - you want to put it between your palms and rub it to heat it up, and that mixes it together better without bubbles.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

See that's what the girl did, and my nails are still covered in bubbles. Oh well. If my hands were at all steady, I'd paint my own nails and not have to worry about it.

Papersatan

a daylight shot of my ducks in a row.. :D

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Quack! Or since they're ducklings:

Peep!
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

catflea

So I actually put some makeup on today  :roll:

Papersatan

Michigan is doing really well in March Madness!  I think my nails are what made the difference. 

Final 4 nails:

Tonight's nails:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

How did you do the marbled effect?

Zingoleb

kat you are just

the best

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Wow, that is gorgeous, Kat! I had nice nails over the holidays and I loved it, but now it's back to reality, it's impossible to keep your nails nice when working with oil paint every day. Somehow my sister keeps her nails impeccable though, and she's training to be a goldsmith (!!!). How she manages is a mystery to me.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

catflea

I'm  still spotty n horrid from laser a fortnight ago.   Blef

Papersatan

The marbled nails are done with water-marbling.  It is pretty much the same process used to marble paper. 

I looked at a few tutorials to post.  This one is less professional looking/sounding, but I think she has good tips.  I agree that a small cup is better.  I have never used lipbalm, but I am going to try it next time.  Also, a tip from me, if you are not trying to get the same pattern on each nail, you can dip two fingers at once to save time/nail polish.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

I bet you guys never bothered to check out my girlfriend's nail art (linked on page 1)... coz it's WAY cooler than anything posted here yet. She did the marbled thing 2 years ago or something.  :-D

catflea

blah blah blah when marbing was cool blah blah blah  :-P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up