THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 5 - School's Out...FOREVER!  (Read 27655 times)

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
Re: Mafia 5 - School's Out...FOREVER!
« Reply #150 on: 05 Mar 2013, 09:19 »

You have lost the hidden insight that only drug addled minds can provide!! You are Doomed!

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #151 on: 05 Mar 2013, 10:15 »

*throws some Adventure Time comics into the Detainee Room along with the flashlight*

I know it's not the same as watching it on TV, but hopefully it's close enough. We'll be back soon, we just want to be sure you do drugs for recreational purposes and not to keep The Axe-Crazy Killer at bay or something crazy.  :-(

Zingoleb

« Reply #152 on: 05 Mar 2013, 10:17 »

well, i mean, if it works, why knock it? it's not like i'm ever sober long enough to see the difference.  :lol:

TheEvilDog

« Reply #153 on: 06 Mar 2013, 07:33 »

A horrifying girlish screech tears through the early morning, before being abruptly cut off.

Fearful and terrified, the group grab a variety of makeshift weapons, ranging from lamps to vases and in one case, a novelty pencil shaped eraser, and rush out to find who had been murdered.

Gareth is found in the janitor's room, or rather, what is left of him. From the look of his ruined body, he had been stabbed with several broken broom handles before a dirty mop head was shoved into his mouth and the contents of a dozen highly corrosive chemical cleaners were poured over him after which his killers threw a match, incinerating him.

Dismayed, the group quickly make their way out of the room and lock the door behind them. Another person was dead and they were still no closer to finding the killers. Evidence turned up during the night hadn't amounted to much, TRVA123 was just a stoner and a bloody shirt was found in Unicorn's room, though that was the same shirt worn by Unicorn when Linds body was found.

Unable to keep the pair locked up any longer, they were released. But with three people dead and no evidence, things were becoming desperate at the start of
Day 3

(Lynchings are now in effect)
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2013, 08:33 by TheEvilDog »

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #154 on: 06 Mar 2013, 08:18 »

Okay, guys, I just finished watching an episode of Criminal Minds, so I am clearly qualified to judge on the matter.

From the look of his ruined body, he had been stabbed with several broken broom handles before a dirty mop head was shoved into his mouth and the contents of a dozen highly corrosive chemical cleaners were poured over him after which his killers threw a match, incinerating him.

Whoever did this was obviously very angry at Gareth for speaking mean things and wanted him to burn in hell, so to speak.

We are looking for one or more heterosexual, or possibly homosexual, or possibly othersexual, white males, or possibly females, or possibly other, aged 18-99, who were annoyed by Gareth.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #155 on: 06 Mar 2013, 08:28 »

Thank goodness I'm neither white (unless we're saying Hispanic is an ethnicity, then I have zero idea what I should be, racially) or female! I'm ruled out completely!

Although... Unicorn, you have some explaining to do. What are you doing with Linds's shirt? >_> I mean, I would expect Gareth (RIP) to be stripping the body, but certainly not you!  :x

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #156 on: 06 Mar 2013, 08:43 »

Okay, at this point I'm 100% convinced that Unicorn is guilty, so I vote to lynch Unicorn.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

TheEvilDog

« Reply #157 on: 06 Mar 2013, 08:53 »

Although... Unicorn, you have some explaining to do. What are you doing with Linds's shirt? >_> I mean, I would expect Gareth (RIP) to be stripping the body, but certainly not you!  :x

Read that line again, carefully. :wink:

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #158 on: 06 Mar 2013, 09:30 »

4. Gareth - Janitor (May choose to warn a player at night; however, if the player is targeted, the Janitor is killed instead)

Interesting. So, did Gareth die all by himself or did he die protecting someone?

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #159 on: 06 Mar 2013, 09:36 »

*reads*  :meh:

And this is part of the reason I didn't vote to lynch yet. Rest of the paragraph seemed to be phrased as if the shirt wasn't actually a big deal, but I figured it should have been one, anyway. Glad I asked first.

Unicorn, your shirt is allowed to be as bloody as you want it to be as long as you're not a crazy psycho. Also, I'm sorry.  :-(

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #160 on: 06 Mar 2013, 09:39 »

Game and Watch, you seem awfully defensive of someone who was just found to have a bloody shirt in their possession. I wonder if perhaps Unicorn has an accomplice or two...

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #161 on: 06 Mar 2013, 10:02 »

Another person was dead and they were still no closer to finding the killers. Evidence turned up during the night hadn't amounted to much...

The above kind of says to me "the next bit is not very significant. Don't read too much into it." I obviously misread the rest of it and it seemed to be significant enough to possibly lynch someone, but now I don't think so.   

We all did kind of move the body, so certainly there could have been blood on some of us. I'm assuming we'd know if we randomly saw blood on Unicorn PRIOR to discovering the body, though maybe we're just that unobservant.

Anyway, I'm not saying Unicorn is innocent. This is not me defending anyone. I'm saying the reason I had in my head for thinking she was guilty went out the window and I apologized for possibly steering others the wrong way as well. I don't want to take us off track and that's the sort of thing I think my misread was at risk of doing.

But since you still seem to think Unicorn is guilty, would you mind sharing why?

Black Sword

« Reply #162 on: 06 Mar 2013, 10:16 »

I find it suspicious that cesium is so eager to lynch unicorn. It's almost like he's trying too hard to deflect attention from himself...

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #163 on: 06 Mar 2013, 10:27 »

So many arguments, so little time :( I am really indecisive.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #164 on: 06 Mar 2013, 10:59 »

I find it suspicious that cesium is so eager to lynch unicorn. It's almost like he's trying too hard to deflect attention from himself...
And it's a bit odd that you are also coming to the defense of Unicorn. After all, the first kill does seem to be a bit of a hint toward you, considering your interest in swords...

Besides, why would there be attention toward me? I'm just a graduate student who works in the labs. All I've got to hide is my stash.

It's medicinal.  :roll:

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #165 on: 06 Mar 2013, 11:12 »

All I've got to hide is my stash.

Maybe those people stumbled upon something you did not mean them to, huh?

Zingoleb

« Reply #166 on: 06 Mar 2013, 11:20 »

okay. i'm kind of grumpy that y'all threw me in lock-up overnight but you know, whatever, protecting yourselves, fine

the fact you want to kill me now has got me kind of irate, so let me  break this down:

one: i was locked up all night. i didn't kill gareth, no matter how much he was creeping me right the fuck out.
two: that shirt isn't evidence of anything. i wasn't wearing it last night, it wasn't bloody when linds was killed, i had no way of putting it in my room last night, and - if i had done it - why would i keep that shirt? i would have just burned it.

that's what really pisses me off. i'm like 99% sure someone put that there to make me look guilty and i'm not sure who, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that it's the person who wants to see me dead.

so, sorry, but to defend myself i'm gonna have to vote to lynch cesium.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #167 on: 06 Mar 2013, 11:39 »

Damn, Unicorn, this sucks. Have some of my weed. Since you were locked up, I don't think you killed Gareth.

Zingoleb

« Reply #168 on: 06 Mar 2013, 11:50 »

thank you. i don't think you killed him either, since i was sitting there across from you all night.

i'm getting anxious; maybe pot is a good idea. let's see if i can find a bong - this is a college campus, there's got to be a bong around here...

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #169 on: 06 Mar 2013, 11:58 »

okay. i'm kind of grumpy that y'all threw me in lock-up overnight but you know, whatever, protecting yourselves, fine

the fact you want to kill me now has got me kind of irate, so let me  break this down:

one: i was locked up all night. i didn't kill gareth, no matter how much he was creeping me right the fuck out.
Like I said, it's quite likely at this point that you have an accomplice or two. I've already pointed out two people who are suspicious.

two: that shirt isn't evidence of anything. i wasn't wearing it last night, it wasn't bloody when linds was killed, i had no way of putting it in my room last night, and - if i had done it - why would i keep that shirt? i would have just burned it.
It's clever that you neglect to mention the death of henri bemis in your defense... you were wearing the shirt (which wasn't bloody at the time) when Linds was killed, and it ended up in your room (bloody) sometime before Gareth was killed. Stands to reason that it's henri bemis' blood that's on that shirt.

that's what really pisses me off. i'm like 99% sure someone put that there to make me look guilty and i'm not sure who, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that it's the person who wants to see me dead.

so, sorry, but to defend myself i'm gonna have to vote to lynch cesium.
Look, I'm just trying to get out of this thing alive. Shit, I wasn't even supposed to be here to begin with. Friggin' sequestration cut the funding to the department, so I had to take a side job on campus (though it was a nice one, which supplied stuff that helped with some of the laser burns I've had). So my research gets put off until late at night, which is how I got left on campus during the snowstorm of the century. I'd rather be at home right now, but instead I'm stuck here with these psychopaths. This is NOT what I signed up for.

Zingoleb

« Reply #170 on: 06 Mar 2013, 12:18 »

It's clever that you neglect to mention the death of henri bemis in your defense... you were wearing the shirt (which wasn't bloody at the time) when Linds was killed, and it ended up in your room (bloody) sometime before Gareth was killed. Stands to reason that it's henri bemis' blood that's on that shirt.

i didn't mention bemis's death because i wasn't even thinking about it. the discussion was about linds. i'm as innocent of bemis's death as i am of gareth's death as i am of linds's death, so don't be trying to pin this bullshit on me, alright?

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #171 on: 06 Mar 2013, 14:53 »

I'm sorry for all the blame going your way Unicorn but you have to understand that the announcement put you in the place the of most definite suspicion at the moment.  Even if we did think that somebody put that shirt there to frame you we'd have no idea who that was and therefore couldn't vote to lynch him.  Having said this, the announcement sort of played it down but it did bother to mention it.  I'm not sure what to make of this piece of information. 
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Zingoleb

« Reply #172 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:11 »

(OOC: damn I want to go fix the formatting on that post. damn, damn, damn.)

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #173 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:50 »

Meh. My namesake deity is not particularly known for his well-thought-through-sane-nice-to-people decisions. #YOLO

Detain cesium133.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #174 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:51 »

Err. I mean, of course,

Kill cesium133.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #175 on: 06 Mar 2013, 16:13 »

Fuckit all, the people that got on my radar the most have already been locked up, and I don't feel like getting killed without a fight.

Fuck up Cesium

riccostar

• FIGHT YOU
  • Goddamned stoner cat.
« Reply #176 on: 06 Mar 2013, 17:17 »

Are we just voting for cesium because he moved so fast to have Unicorn killed?
if it's probable that you're going to "die trying"
you might want to rethink your plan...

Black Sword

« Reply #177 on: 07 Mar 2013, 06:36 »

It's more like the hinting is a bit much, especially with Unicorn in lock-up and unable to do the whole muderin' thing, followed by cesium going right back to accusing Unicorn and trying to motivate folks to lynch Unicorn. The bloody shirt is suggestive, but the way it's phrased makes it sound like it got bloodied when people were poking Linds' bloody corpse.

And it's a bit odd that you are also coming to the defense of Unicorn. After all, the first kill does seem to be a bit of a hint toward you, considering your interest in swords...

Besides, why would there be attention toward me? I'm just a graduate student who works in the labs. All I've got to hide is my stash.

It's medicinal.  :roll:

I'm a historian! Of course I'm going to think swords are cool!  :x

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #178 on: 07 Mar 2013, 16:35 »

So... y'all are planning on killing me... I hope you know what you are doing... (did I mention earlier that my side job is at the campus medical center? This college is so cheap they hired a physics grad student as the campus nurse...)

Since I'm pretty sure at this point I'm going to be killed no matter what, I'm going to leave some thoughts about who's at fault for the killings for you to consider after I'm gone. These are the people I think are most likely to be involved, along with an estimate of my certainty of their involvement:

* Unicorn: 100%. What got me suspicious is Unicorn's sudden reaction to this statement I made. I left a hint in that post about my role, and immediately afterward, Unicorn began going after me. What confirmed it for me was the bloody shirt, which Unicorn still has no decent explanation for.
* Game and Watch Forever: 75%. He's been supporting Unicorn the entire time, even after the discovery of the bloody shirt. Plus, he started the campaign to lock up the apparently-innocent TRVA123.

I'm far less certain about any other possible suspects. I've mentioned Black Sword a couple times, but I don't have a strong case there.

Oh, and if ANY of you touch any of the optics in my lab after I'm dead, I will come back from the dead and fucking haunt you. You have been warned.

Zingoleb

« Reply #179 on: 07 Mar 2013, 19:11 »

i didn't even pick up on your hint at a role. i thought you were having to pick up supplies to deal with fucking your own eye up, bro.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #180 on: 07 Mar 2013, 19:40 »

I think Cesium is making some sense, and I'm suspicious about
Game and watch forever

but that could just be the weed talking.

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #181 on: 07 Mar 2013, 20:30 »

Uhm.... how exactly have I been supporting Unicorn? I'm pretty sure I wasn't being supportive when I misunderstood whose shirt it was in the first place. And I don't see how not going with the crowd and wanting to see another person aside from Unicorn detained last night makes me guilty.

Anyway it'd be really easy to just throw an OMG U SUCK vote cesium's way... but I really don't think he's a killer. If anything his obsessiveness for getting Unicorn killed makes me think he's not a killer (oddly enough). I mean, why risk all this attention?

So here's my thoughts people... someone that's not Unicorn or TRVA killed Gareth... I have two people I'm suspicious of:

1) The bloody shirt is significant for one reason... it's good at getting your attention. Its mere mention sent sirens blaring for me initially and still does for cesium. But Loki was the first to post after Gareth's death and the revelation of the shirt. And he made no mention of it. That doesn't sit well with me for some reason. I'd at least expect some sort of speculation on the shirt for the first couple posts, I guess. But he does speculate on Gareth's janitor abilities. I could see how knowing the original target may help in the long run, but I also feel like the killers would be more drawn to discussing that. It focuses less on their identity and on the identity of others, after all.

2) I suspect Riccostar and there's only one reason for this:
Are we just voting for cesium because he moved so fast to have Unicorn killed?

I have no fucking idea why, but this feels more like a setup for a "see, I doubted he was guilty and felt you guys were going to lynch for dumb reasons" than a legitimate question. It's not much, but yeah....

Sadly, if I had to pick another person all I could say is "Well, Unicorn does have that bloody shirt..." but I still don't really think it means much. I'd have to wait and see to really make a judgement call on that.

Anyway, I need to vote, so I may as well stick to my personal suspect. Lynch Loki

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #182 on: 08 Mar 2013, 00:08 »

Hm. Either it's a good bluff or I'm dumb.

Lynch de la Nae! At least while I think about things.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #183 on: 08 Mar 2013, 00:12 »

Okay, I am kinda on a run now, so forgive me if my defense lacks any points, but I figure with 7 hours of the day remaining, I'd rather write anything at all than nothing, lest anyone feels compelled to lynch me.

I was, indeed, the first to post after the announcement. However, you make it sound like the first question I asked was about Gareth's role. It wasn't. I was doing the ironical "I am obviously qualified even though I am not" thing. Cannot really figure why that would impeach me more than anyone else.

Then I checked the member board to count how many of us were left and noticed Gareth had a special role. So I decided to point that out, because I assumed not everyone had checked the list yet and it might advance our discussions. By then, people (incidentally, you) were already talking about the shirt, so I figured I'd wait what explanation Unicorn comes up with, because you has specifically requested that she explain herself.

You twist reality with a deceiving tongue >:-(

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #184 on: 08 Mar 2013, 00:16 »

I'm a sheep!

Kill Game and Watch

Black Sword

« Reply #185 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:02 »

After reviewing everything, the one that really screams the loudest to me as a suspect is cesium. Sorry man, but it's looked like you've been trying too hard to make people look at anyone who isn't you. I don't find either Unicorn or Game and Watch Forever outstandingly suspicious, whereas you've targeted Unicorn almost from the start.

Lynch cesium133

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #186 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:11 »

Voting at the very end of the day to make sure the vote stays in favor of killing me does not alleviate my suspicion of you, Black Sword.  :roll:

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #187 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:49 »

Well, I guess cesium is our closed circle's pick this night. I'd have to entirely rethink whether I'm on anything close to the right path if he came up guilty.

But let's see... I do want to address Loki...

I was, indeed, the first to post after the announcement. However, you make it sound like the first question I asked was about Gareth's role. It wasn't. I was doing the ironical "I am obviously qualified even though I am not" thing. Cannot really figure why that would impeach me more than anyone else.

Maybe I should have separated the first post thing from the Gareth thing, but I'm not sure how either way of wording it adds or detracts from my argument. You don't say anything relevant in the first post after day started and you later speculate about Gareth's role. That's two separate things that bother me.

And joking itself is obviously not something that should make you suspicious (I go along with your joke, after all, before moving on to the thing that caught my attention), but it does look funny when you say nothing else and new information has JUST been presented.

You twist reality with a deceiving tongue >:-(

Slander much?  :-\ Not cool, man.

Black Sword

« Reply #188 on: 08 Mar 2013, 07:47 »

Slander's a big part of the game. Look at this one right here.

Voting at the very end of the day to make sure the vote stays in favor of killing me does not alleviate my suspicion of you, Black Sword.  :roll:

I'm pretty consistent with my posting on this forum. 9-5 on weekdays, about two or three posts a day. Your sole basis for suspicion is my name and the fact that I'm suspicious of you shouting "FIRE!" so loudly when all we see is a Unicorn and Game and Watch Forever. You're my top suspect and riccostar is looking a bit shady for being so quiet in this here game.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #189 on: 08 Mar 2013, 07:57 »

I ain't got no problem with riccostar. Just sayin'.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #190 on: 08 Mar 2013, 08:25 »

Stressed, tired and hungry, accusations flew about who the killer was. Fingers soon began to point to Cesium133, accused of never being in the dorms and preferring to stay near the first aid station.

With no evidence whatsoever against Cesium, the others took a hold of his arms and took him to the boiler room to lock him up until the authorities arrived. Despite their best efforts, during the struggle, Cesium133 threw off his assailants and ran to grab a fire axe on the wall. Pulling the axe free, Cesium swung it around, screaming that he wasn't the killer.

Black Sword and Loki sneaked behind Cesium133 and tackled him to the ground and right on top of the pick of the axe, impaling him through the eye and killing Cesium133.

Horrified, the group steps back, trying to take in the scene before them. Desperate to prove themselves right in their decision, the group rushes to find evidence that Cesium133 was the killer. A thorough search of his room soon proves that he wasn't the killer, merely a student earning extra money as the campus nurse.

Dejected, the group silently go to their own rooms.

Night 3

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #191 on: 08 Mar 2013, 08:29 »

I... uhm. Fuck.

Black Sword

« Reply #192 on: 08 Mar 2013, 09:11 »

....I feel like shit now. If you need me, I'm going to be in the campus chapel.

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #193 on: 08 Mar 2013, 09:17 »

So.... pretty sure we're boned or really close to it. Here's why:

We started with 11. Four are now dead. One more will almost surely die. That's six people left. If you'll allow me to step out of character a moment... the sign up topic said we had a trio of killers. This means half the survivors are going to be killers. Unless they're inactive, they got this in the bag.

Regardless, let's play as if the odds are more in our favor than that, since I hate the idea that we got to a lynch or lose situation so (relatively) quickly and there may still be something out there that saves our asses.

I just wanted to point out that it don't look so good and we should tread carefully. I'll try to go through the topic and create a vote log for the sake of checking voting patterns when I'm out of work, but if someone else wants to beat me to it, I'm all right with that. 

Zingoleb

« Reply #194 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:35 »

fuck. i...fuck.

i don't even know what to think now.

okay, here's who we have left:

de_la_nae
Loki
Unicorn
TRVA123
Game and Watch Forever
Black Sword
riccostar

i was about 90% sure gareth was guilty, and about 50% sure cesium was guilty from the beginning. now i don't even know.

i'm still about 99% sure TRVA is innocent.

as for everyone else, i just don't know. riccostar is suspicious just based on how quiet they are but to be honest that's not really a good reason. GWF i'm going to guess is innocent, but i may just be biased because they defended me. Black Sword...i want to say is innocent, but after watching him kill cesium like that it's hard to really say.

that leaves de_la_nae, Loki, and myself, Unicorn. i'm...probably the most suspicious person out of anyone right now which is not exactly a comforting thought. Loki...is kind of seedy to me, i dunno why. i just have bad feelings around them - but they still did ask a question that i thought was really interesting that didn't get answered:

4. Gareth - Janitor (May choose to warn a player at night; however, if the player is targeted, the Janitor is killed instead)

Interesting. So, did Gareth die all by himself or did he die protecting someone?

...as for de_la_nae, i really don't know what to think. they spout off three or four names to lynch at a time and that's just...weird, i dunno. it makes me really uncomfortable.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #195 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:51 »

Unfortunately being innocent and drug addled isn't giving me any special insight into anything. I do feel that people who are killers will probably not start the witch-hunt, but will just fall into place behind one. That makes me suspicious of De la nae and riccostar.

and possibly loki? or game and watch forever? or unicorn...?

I guess I'm suspicious of everyone.

Zingoleb

« Reply #196 on: 08 Mar 2013, 11:57 »

you have to be.  :-\

Game and Watch Forever

• Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #197 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:46 »

Loki...is kind of seedy to me, i dunno why. i just have bad feelings around them - but they still did ask a question that i thought was really interesting that didn't get answered:

I'll throw in my two cents since it seems multiple people think this may lead somewhere: Gareth had been detained the night prior. We didn't find any evidence and therefore he probably leaned a little more innocent than guilty. Knowing this, the killers probably killed him directly since he'd be the hardest to pin any future murders on.

Zingoleb

« Reply #198 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:49 »

conversely, it'd be easiest to pin this on...me. oh.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #199 on: 08 Mar 2013, 14:01 »

Truth told I have considered killing all of you for the sake of survival, if that makes you feel any better.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up