THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 16:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia 6: Vampire Village  (Read 20941 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
Re: Mafia 6: Vampire Village
« Reply #250 on: 28 Mar 2013, 14:55 »

I have now come up with a faintly amusing strategy for the next game which I look forward to using  :mrgreen:

I *might* know what you mean, and I am onto you :evil:

I had no rhyme or reason with my first two investigations.

Today I learned that being crazy doesn't increase one's chances to be investigated. Might go crazy in the next game as well then :D
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #251 on: 28 Mar 2013, 15:06 »

If it means anything, you'd have been the first target for investigations were I the sheriff. Saying "we used to infiltrate vampire villages" doesn't really build trust...
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #252 on: 28 Mar 2013, 15:09 »

I said that my wife used to infiltrate vampire villages  :-D But I was, in fact, surprised that noone picked up on that.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #253 on: 28 Mar 2013, 15:24 »

If it means anything, you'd have been the first target for investigations were I the sheriff. Saying "we used to infiltrate vampire villages" doesn't really build trust...
If I remember correctly, Loki was the first target. Black Sword was the second.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #254 on: 28 Mar 2013, 15:26 »

Yea, but Loki would have been my first target for a reason other than just "because".
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #255 on: 28 Mar 2013, 17:50 »

There was no real chit-chat before first rounds needed to be PM'd. So yes, Loki was purely "just because". I looked at the list and picked a random person. Same with the second round, because not much happened after Day 1.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #256 on: 29 Mar 2013, 05:20 »

So there wasn't. Derp >_<

Black Sword

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #257 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:14 »

BSword: You Abstained from voting, and you were quiet.

I can't say why Linds investigated you, other than...you've gotta start somewhere , might as well be with you.

Those are wretchedly awful reasons to suspect anyone of anything in Mafia, especially since I did explain my reasoning for the first and second rounds, and would have done no differently as a villager. Go to your corner, de_la_Nae! You're grounded!  :x

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #258 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:25 »

When it comes to Mafia, de_la_Nae is quite possibly the least grounded person I've ever met...

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #259 on: 29 Mar 2013, 12:40 »

I am!

I will argue that those are *not* wretched reasons in a medium like this. They might be in a meatspace game.

I also admit I was sick of seeing Abstains in the first couple days from the last few games. [whine]Let's spill some blooooood! [/whine]

TheEvilDog

« Reply #260 on: 29 Mar 2013, 13:10 »

I vote we lynch de_la_Nae! :evil:

Anyway, in the first couple of days nothing happens, so why lynch people when nothing has happened?

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #261 on: 29 Mar 2013, 13:28 »

If you lynch during the first few rounds, you do tend to run a higher risk of killing someone innocent (without evidence, the odds just aren't in the villagers' favor), but the bad guys are still going to kill.  I think at least in the first lynch round, being vocal is more important than voting for someone, but voting for people a good incentive to get them active and defend themselves.

So, I think there are arguments to made for both options.  What it really comes down to is how convincing your argument is in the context of the game.

Zingoleb

« Reply #262 on: 29 Mar 2013, 13:52 »

We acted really fucking decisively pretty quickly and there was only one innocent person taken out, and we won anyhow. So, yeah. Abstainers get hanged in my opinion.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #263 on: 29 Mar 2013, 13:54 »

Maybe they just don't want to, you know, take people out of game, like some Pikachus don't want to evolve.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #264 on: 29 Mar 2013, 14:17 »

I really like how this game played out, but if we had managed to turn de_la_Nae (in the second day, so we kind of jumped the gun), or I hadn't been caught, I'm betting we could have gotten a few more innocents lynched.

Which doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of chronic abstainers.  But it's not totally illogical.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #265 on: 29 Mar 2013, 14:22 »

Which is why I had detaining at the start of 5. People can say what they think and only have to worry about the deranged killing team, rather than saying the wrong thing and getting killed by the others.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #266 on: 29 Mar 2013, 17:14 »

It was a neat idea, though I was curious about how effective that was in that particular case. I know that Detaining Unicorn just put me off her scent, only to realize she totally was a killer later.

In that particular game, how did the killers...kill? Did detaining Uni mean we had one less death than we would have that night? Because it definitely didn't save us from deaths entirely, with at least one more killer on the loose.

And yeah, honestly I suspect you'd have won if that die roll hadn't went as poorly as possible. I enjoy these things anyway, but Team Mafia is 5:1. Which is totally possible (especially if we all really suck at being Team Villager), but certainly raises an eyebrow at first glance.

Zingoleb

« Reply #267 on: 29 Mar 2013, 17:18 »

it just meant that I had no input on who was killed.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #269 on: 30 Mar 2013, 00:12 »

Incidentally detainment also meant that we would either be forced to attack the villager OR it would protect the villager from our attack. For example, we were told that Gareth was off-limits when he was detained, but had the dice rolled differently, we would have been forced to kill him. I think.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #270 on: 30 Mar 2013, 08:54 »

It was more the killers weighing whether it was worth the risk to kill a detained person. Which was determined by a random number generator. From a story perspective it might be that it would have too noisy to open the units, or they might have to injure Unicorn while killing Trva123. Or simply realising there were better targets asleep elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2013, 12:32 by TheEvilDog »

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #271 on: 30 Mar 2013, 21:24 »

Gah, I hate how busy I am sometimes. Sorry for not speaking you guys, I am apparently to busy or too tired to check the forums  more than once or twice a week now. Maybe I can join again in the summer when I'll be hundreds of miles away from most of my meatlife distractions.
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up