Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 25 Aug 2019, 17:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detective Comics Cinematic Universe (formerly Man of Steel)  (Read 52362 times)

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: Detective Comics Cinematic Universe (formerly Man of Steel)
« Reply #550 on: 12 Jun 2019, 19:38 »

So has anyone heard of this show on syfy called "Krypton" that takes place 2 generations before the events of Superman?  I have never heard of it but Season 2 just premiered. Zod and his followers look a lot like NOD troops from C&C Tiberium Sun so it piqued my interest.

As far as I can tell Val-El, patriarch of the El family, is arrested and executed by the corrupt leadership of Krypton. The El's are stripped of their noble privileges and forced to live in the slums. Val-El's son, Seg, figures out that his father was arrested because he found a terrible secret. Then some people from the future come back in time to save Krypton. An earth man named Adam Strange and General Zod.

From what I can tell its one part Dune, one part Red Faction, and a dash of Game of Thrones. Val-El is even played by the same actor as Barristan Selmy from GoT.

Edit: Oh, also the actor that plays Zod sounds VERY similar to Patrick Stuart, at least in the speech I heard him give in Season 2's premier. I may go back and watch season 1.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Castlerook

« Reply #551 on: 12 Jun 2019, 19:54 »

Haven't seen it (or even heard about it), but in case people haven't heard, the latest DC series, Swamp Thing has been cancelled a week after it premiered. This has nothing to do with ratings, but the fact that North Carolina screwed up and miscalculated the tax break it had given the show. Basically the show's budget was cut in half and considering that it's a budget heavy show, its been cancelled.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

Theta9

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #552 on: 13 Jun 2019, 06:54 »

There's a forthcoming show on the CW network; I've seen previews while watching The Flash but they don't give a title. There's a spotlight Batsignal, and a woman in a Batsuit, and a "Coming Soon". Thats all I know right now.
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Castlerook

« Reply #553 on: 13 Jun 2019, 06:59 »

That would be Batwoman, with Ruby Rose as the eponymous heroine.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

Theta9

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #554 on: 13 Jun 2019, 07:10 »

That would be Batwoman, with Ruby Rose as the eponymous heroine.
Also not clear if it's going to be in the same multiverse as The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and Legends. I remember one episode of Arrow when they went to Gotham City.
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Definitely DEFINITELY not touching my balls
    • Do They Have To Use Drums?
« Reply #555 on: 14 Jun 2019, 11:27 »

Holy shit, Adam Strange! One of my favourite trades as a kid was an Adam Strange.
There's a difference to being bisexual and taking what you can get.
www.madcap156.wordpress.com

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #556 on: 09 Jul 2019, 19:41 »

So I finally got around to watching Shazam and I liked it a lot!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up