THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 22:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Vault 101 (Fallout Thread)  (Read 154912 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: Vault 101 (Fallout Thread)
« Reply #500 on: 03 Dec 2015, 08:22 »

Nah, that's a 'lead enema'. also, ouch.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #501 on: 03 Dec 2015, 08:25 »

Funny, I thought that was when they made an arch-enema out of you.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #502 on: 03 Dec 2015, 08:49 »

Funny, I thought that was when they made an arch-enema out of you.

Well, your arch-enema might want to give you a lead enema... But let's face it. Most enemies tend to last for about one firefight... Admittedly I haven't progressed very far in the main storyline that far yet. My enemies have mostly been of the "You dare cross our turf, bleeder?" "Me hungry!" or "give us all your stuff!" varieties. The end results have always been the same (Ignoring having to reload saves after death... way to many deaths)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #503 on: 03 Dec 2015, 09:06 »

Meh, either way death is involved.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #504 on: 03 Dec 2015, 10:36 »

Well... it is Fallout.... 'reasonable discourse' as a means of conflict resolution largely went out the windows when the bombs fell...

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #505 on: 03 Dec 2015, 18:08 »

I'm kind of annoyed that my eleven charisma (eight plus three for my outfit) doesn't ever seem to do anything for me.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Emoroffle

• FIGHT YOU
  • Warning! Bites when asked to.
« Reply #506 on: 06 Dec 2015, 07:07 »

I am playing Fallout 3 with mods for the first time, and I have to say it is wonderful to be able to snipe properly now. Raiders, Talon Company, Super Mutants and even Deathclaws rarely get close enough to hit me. I also gave myself a carry weight of 20k to avoid being over-encumbered. I rather enjoy playing this way.
Super-villain in training.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #507 on: 06 Dec 2015, 07:10 »

How were you not able to snipe properly before?

Emoroffle

• FIGHT YOU
  • Warning! Bites when asked to.
« Reply #508 on: 06 Dec 2015, 07:18 »

How were you not able to snipe properly before?
The scopes in the vanilla game are not zeroed in making it impossible to put down accurate fire at range.
Super-villain in training.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #509 on: 06 Dec 2015, 21:40 »

I wish my PC was good enough to play Fallout with mods. It struggles with Skyrim and ME3 with mods :/
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

TheEvilDog

« Reply #510 on: 07 Dec 2015, 01:24 »

I wish my PC was good enough to play Fallout with mods. It struggles with Skyrim and ME3 with mods :/

I've had to stop playing Fallout, while my computer can run the game, the more texture intensive areas are burning up my cpu, literally. I've a high-powered fan board and its just barely keeping the laptop cool when I'm playing. Its the only game I'm having that trouble with.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #511 on: 07 Dec 2015, 07:57 »

They use 4k texture for the default, I believe. There are several mods available on Nexus mods that downscale to 2k textures without any noticeable loss of graphic fidelity that are easier on computers. This is the one that I use: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1769/? and it also has a 1k texture pack as well. Using that and RenVision's Reshade ENB I find the game is a lot sharper looking and performs slightly better.

Of course, there are things you can do to cut back on how much work your CPU and VPU has to work. Reducing shadows is a way to really help out both how much work your computer is doing and improve framerates. Yes, the game may not look as good, but to me at least I would rather have vague, blobby shadows than trying to chug along at a game in the teens for frames per second.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #512 on: 07 Dec 2015, 08:04 »

I had the mod that reduced the texture to an eighth of the original size and the instant I got in range of Diamond city, the game would slow to a crawl. Basically every trick I could do to improve gameplay hasn't really helped. It doesn't really matter anyway, my laptop is a few years old and nearing burnout, so I'll be upgrading in February.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #513 on: 07 Dec 2015, 08:09 »

Yeah, if you have an older system there really isn't a lot you can do. The requirements of this game are pretty heavy. My system is fairly new, most of it was upgraded earlier this year, but basically with what was considered 'good' last year. I never have the money for the latest and greatest system. I can run it mostly on high, with tweaking and downscaling. The framerate isn't as smooth as I would like by far. But I can play without my computer self combusting.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #514 on: 08 Dec 2015, 13:52 »

Well, shit. Fallout 4 was on sale. There goes my free time :psyduck:
~She/Her/They/Them~

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #515 on: 08 Dec 2015, 15:01 »

... How the hell was it on sale already?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #516 on: 08 Dec 2015, 15:56 »

Christmas sale? I dunno, I can't imagine they would drop a one month old game very much.

And no, I haven't had any free time since November 10th. I'm someone who usually won't play a game more than 1-2 hours at a stretch. It's not unusual for me to play Fallout for 4-5 hours before taking a break... and then getting back into it later. I don't mind though. It's new, it's fresh, it's awesome and I've been waiting for this game for years and years...

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #517 on: 08 Dec 2015, 16:04 »

Yeah, one of those one-day christmas sales. Got me a spare XBOne controller and a copy of Battlefront* as well :D

Now all I have to do is wait for my harvest job to finish up and then, yeah, kiss all other social interaction goodbye I guess :P

*(I played a little bit of Battlefront a couple of weeks ago at a mate's house - I can understand the criticisms directed at it, but* at the same time I absolutely frickin' love it. Gorgeous visuals, fun gameplay, and a big-ass nostalgia kick.)
~She/Her/They/Them~

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #518 on: 09 Dec 2015, 19:43 »

I like Fallout 4, but I haven't played much after the first few days. I don't wanna dive into the storyline yet but the side quests are getting tedious, so it's kinda tricky.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #519 on: 10 Dec 2015, 03:22 »

Following my strategy of "only buying games after their sequel comes out", I just started playing New Vegas.
I'm only a little way in, but the "starter pack" DLC's (that came with the GOTY edition) are already grating on me. They feel kinda tacked-on and OP - seriously, there's about a thousand caps worth of stuff you get right off the bat, including mint-condition weapons and armor.
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #520 on: 10 Dec 2015, 07:13 »

I know that feeling. Originally those packs were special order bonuses. If you pre-ordered them you got one of the packs, depending on where you got it from. It was generally a weapon, a suit of armor and some meds. Getting all 4 or 5 at once is overwhelming. I usually just toss most of the stuff in whatever house I claim as a starting home and forget about them.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #521 on: 10 Dec 2015, 14:54 »

Got my ps4 last night and fallout 4 with it. Goodbye social life.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #522 on: 13 Dec 2015, 21:58 »

One Finger Death Punch, some Hidden Object adventure games (turns out I'm a fan). Just about to pick up Mount & Blade again.

The 'new' computer is having some issues (probably needs replacement power supply), else I'd be hitting it even harder.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #523 on: 14 Dec 2015, 14:01 »

Traitor!
~She/Her/They/Them~

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #524 on: 17 Dec 2015, 14:20 »

I decided to edumicate myself by reading this fairly well done timeline:

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/11/9/9646378/fallout-timeline-4-3-2

"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #525 on: 20 Dec 2015, 15:44 »

Traitor!

Lol, I've been saying for over a year I was moving to ps4 as soon as I was able.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #526 on: 02 Jan 2016, 19:08 »

I had a dream Guy Fieri survived the nuclear apocalypse as a ghoul and roamed the world in a suit of flaming red power armor looking for the wasteland’s greatest diners drive ins and dives

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #527 on: 02 Jan 2016, 21:30 »

Ghoul Fieri would probably be slightly less annoying than actual Guy Fieri.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #528 on: 03 Jan 2016, 11:04 »

Got Fallout 4 for Christmas and I'm loving playing it so much. Took a little adjustment to get used to the dialogue system and a voiced protagonist but I'm really enjoying it.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #529 on: 12 Jan 2016, 08:45 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #530 on: 12 Jan 2016, 10:06 »

*banishes Preston to Gulag Zimoja again*

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #531 on: 12 Jan 2016, 14:41 »

Awww, leave Preston alone, it's not his fault he has to give all the "save x settlement from y" quests. Then again, I got stuck doing those for a few hours and jumped up like 10 levels, so I'm not complaining for all the extra XP (not to mention more opportunites to find precious Adhesive)
~She/Her/They/Them~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #532 on: 12 Jan 2016, 15:20 »

I'm more into the whole Preston meme thing... I actually like the guy as a character. And I am playing a Minuteman run through, so you know.. he's kinda important. It is kind of annoying to just be stopping off at your base and get hit with a bunch more quests though.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #533 on: 12 Jan 2016, 20:05 »

Yeah I was hoping to recruit him as a companion early on but every time I talk to him its another quest, now I have 2 at once!

I finally got all the settlements I have helped/established with the required food water and defense.  Taking a break from it and doing other quests.  May help Piper and start her line soon.  This is my first foray into FO4 and I am getting that skyrim syndrome where im too distracted and ADD with everything else and end up never getting around to the main quest.  Afraid to join BoS as I worry it'll get me even more side tracked.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #534 on: 12 Jan 2016, 21:35 »

Preston as a companion is a bit of an odd duck because he's also a repeating quest giver. If you want him as a companion early, you basically have to take him as soon as he becomes available and keep him until you get his perk or are tired of him. Shortly after he becomes available as a companion
(click to show/hide)
he wants to give you the quest to retake the Castle, which is something you probably won't be ready to take on at that time. Once that happens he cannot be recruited again until you complete the retaking. You can only turn in/pick up other Minuteman quests, or talk about the Castle. I think making a companion a radiant quest giver was a bad idea, personally.

I can relate to having to many quests... Unfortunately it's somewhat unavoidable. You will be constantly stumbling into new quests, sometimes just by reading the wrong note.  Others you will get far earlier than you will be capable of handling them, because they are in areas way above your level. Joining the Brotherhood early on is not actually that bad. Up until a certain point in the main quest line, they will not give you that much to do. Rhys and Halen give repeating quests that are just go here and kill/retrieve an item. They could be anywhere though, so chances are they will give you a quest you can't go do yet. And Danse gives you a cool quest to find a lost patrol. But other than that, you can't progress any further with the Brotherhood or gain Danse as a companion until you advance the main quest some.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #535 on: 12 Jan 2016, 22:55 »

Honestly, the side quests are what made me not play this in at least a month, and it's kind of obnoxious how I can't survive long enough to actually get to the main quest. I wish I had a good enough PC so I could play this on there and boost my level :/

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #536 on: 12 Jan 2016, 23:10 »

Honestly, the side quests are what made me not play this in at least a month, and it's kind of obnoxious how I can't survive long enough to actually get to the main quest. I wish I had a good enough PC so I could play this on there and boost my level :/

FWIW, the Minutemen side quests are pretty much the things meant to level you up to the point where you're ready to face the main quest.

(click to show/hide)

I think that you can also harvest extra XP by being thorough in exploration and building up Sanctuary Hills' structures and defences.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #537 on: 13 Jan 2016, 03:10 »

The minuteman quests repeat so do thm as long as you like to level up.

Discovered a fun thing to do. Joining the Brotherhood at a higher level (over 30), getting straight to the Prydwin, getting your new set of T-60 armor from them, then taking them all out while the leader is doing his big racist speech (managed it with the Cryolator, Fat Man, Flamer, and a decently leveled assault rifle with armor piercing, oh, also with Curie as a companion in Power Armor)
Clearing the blimp is pretty straightforward, although you do have to hide in rooms a bit to heal/etc, but yeah.
The real challenge is having to jump down to the airport as you can't take the vertibirds (naturally they're already shooting at you), landing down at the Boston airport, even if you hit the water, there's no cover and like 30 odd BoS soldiers down there.
Good fun! (Y)
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2016, 12:03 by Detachable Felix »
~She/Her/They/Them~

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #539 on: 28 Jan 2016, 17:40 »

Every time this thread gets replied to I remember I bought a PS4 to play this game but haven't touched it in over a month. Dunno why, just lack all motivation to play it.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #540 on: 16 Feb 2016, 12:03 »

Bethesda has announced three dlcs for Fallout over the next couple of months:
Automatron - The Mechanist unleashes a horde of evil robots on the Commonwealth. You can dismantle the robots and scavenge parts off them to create and personalise your own robotic companions. Out March.
Wasteland Workshop - Not too sure about this, but I think the Sole Survivor will be able to trap creatures and people, allowing them to set up arenas and combat pits. From what I understand, its basically the Thorn from New Vegas. Out April.
Far Harbor - Set in Maine and according to Bethesda, the single largest landmass they have ever created for a dlc. Trouble is brewing between the synths, the locals and the Children of Atom. Considering that Bethesda love Lovecraft and its Lovecraft country, I'm expecting numerous eldritch abominations. Out May.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #541 on: 16 Feb 2016, 12:15 »

Wasteland Workshop is adding more stuff to build in settlements, with the 'trapping and combat arena' being part of it.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #542 on: 16 Feb 2016, 12:20 »

Ah, fair enough. I only heard "Robots robots robots robots" from an overly excited friend. I haven't really been keeping an eye on the game.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #543 on: 16 Feb 2016, 12:40 »

Any chance the Encalve will make an appearance in FO4?  I have only scratched the surface but was just curious...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #544 on: 16 Feb 2016, 12:58 »

There are hints that the Enclave are still hidden in different regions (EDI's Chicago license plate repair job being one), but Fallout 2 and 3 dealt such devastating blows to the Enclave that I think they've been reduced to a larger than normal gang with better than average gear.

Maybe if Bethesda turn their eye to Chicago, but I think Bethesda might want to avoid the Enclave popping up again, because they have shown up in 3 out of the 5 canon games.

Who knows though.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #545 on: 16 Feb 2016, 14:33 »

Unlike the Brotherhood, who have been in every major game, and a joinable faction most of the time? There's been no indication that the Enclave operate in this area, aside from their power armors. The Institute seems to mostly fill that role in this game...  But that doesn't rule them out from appearing in a DLC. It doesn't mean they will either though. Enclave bases do seem to be scattered all over the place though, so I seriously doubt the lost of a few cells is going to stop them from appearing again, eventually.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #546 on: 16 Feb 2016, 15:01 »

There are cells and then there are bases, which the Chosen One and the Lone Wanderer destroy in their respective games, especially when the heads of the Western and Eastern Enclaves have been decimated. I think the Enclave might show up again one day, but more a shadow of their former selves rather than the big bad shadow they were in previous games.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #547 on: 16 Feb 2016, 15:27 »

Isn't destroying the bases optional?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #548 on: 08 Mar 2016, 10:26 »

Following my strategy of "only buying games after their sequel comes out", I just started playing New Vegas.
I'm only a little way in, but the "starter pack" DLC's (that came with the GOTY edition) are already grating on me. They feel kinda tacked-on and OP - seriously, there's about a thousand caps worth of stuff you get right off the bat, including mint-condition weapons and armor.

Vegas is still my favourite Fallout - I've played 3 and 4, not any others. For me Vegas is the ONE. I could go into great detail why, but won't right now.

The minuteman quests repeat so do thm as long as you like to level up.

Discovered a fun thing to do. Joining the Brotherhood at a higher level (over 30), getting straight to the Prydwin, getting your new set of T-60 armor from them, then taking them all out while the leader is doing his big racist speech (managed it with the Cryolator, Fat Man, Flamer, and a decently leveled assault rifle with armor piercing, oh, also with Curie as a companion in Power Armor)
Clearing the blimp is pretty straightforward, although you do have to hide in rooms a bit to heal/etc, but yeah.
The real challenge is having to jump down to the airport as you can't take the vertibirds (naturally they're already shooting at you), landing down at the Boston airport, even if you hit the water, there's no cover and like 30 odd BoS soldiers down there.
Good fun! (Y)

Oh my GOD. Jumping from the Prydwen. WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS?

Unlike the Brotherhood, who have been in every major game, and a joinable faction most of the time? There's been no indication that the Enclave operate in this area, aside from their power armors. The Institute seems to mostly fill that role in this game...  But that doesn't rule them out from appearing in a DLC. It doesn't mean they will either though. Enclave bases do seem to be scattered all over the place though, so I seriously doubt the lost of a few cells is going to stop them from appearing again, eventually.

I had assumed the Institute WERE the Enclave...

So yeah I finally finished the main quest of this having bought it in January, and, well...

On some levels: I love this game.

On several other, fairly important levels: Fuck this game up the wrong 'un.

Some of the gameplay changes I am down with. I like the difficulty curve, I like the changes to VATS, I like only having one companion (because I got way too OP in the other games). I like being able to build a settlement.

But come on. Only four speech options, which amount to 'the only one you will ever use' 'maybe' 'no' and 'sarcastic'? The same bullshit dialogue more or less regardless of what you say apart from some low key hostility?

The almost complete lack of any direction in so many cases, including with how the perks system works (yep, I am not alone in this, but I levelled up the entirety of my SPECIALS to 10 because of how little indication I was given that I didn't have to, by the time I had my first perk I was like Level 50 and unstoppable), how to assign a settler to do something (you have 500 corn plants, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU hungry?), the padding, padding, padding (your fucking daughter got kidnapped AGAIN?), the replacement of most of the customisation of your character with fancy weapon mods, the fact that the workshop's own interface and my Pip Boy disagree on what amounts to 'enough' for a settlement to not have an alarm on it, the fact that if a character has a quest on offer or an event you can ONLY TRIGGER THAT SHIT meaning I had to introduce myself to every single asshole on the Prydwen before I could finish a quest I started with Paladin Danse about ten gameplay hours ago, the shitty dialogue system that means your companion will keep shouting at you that they want to talk EVEN WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE...

Fuck that shit. And also, there are like no cities, anywhere? The number of settlements with more than like two people in is minute, and they have virtually no quests between them.

Okay, I am going to ask a question, and I would like a 'yes' or 'no' answer without any elaboration so that I can go sort this shit out myself. I only got two, TWO quests from Vault 81. I have been gagging for an inhabited, untainted Vault to exist in a wasteland since I first played Fallout 3, is there really only two quests in that shit?

...*Ahem*

That said.

I love Nick Valentine. I quite like Piper. I love Hancock and Goodneighbour. The Silver Shroud quest is the most fun I have had in a game since the bank robbery mission in GTA IV, with the same level of 'I thought this would be easy but it has elevated to absolute insane fuckery and I love it.'

I will leave you with an amusing anecdote.

So I leveled Piper up to the point that she and I were a 'thing,' and I had to go clear out the Forge or plant or whatever it's called with its own brand of raiders. I killed all the ones on the outside and before I used any stimpaks I realised there was a mattress outside, so I slept on it to restore my health, and then got told I had the XP bonus from Lover's Embrace. I forgot I had that.

That means that, in universe, Piper and I slaughtered a bunch of mindless killers, then I nailed her on a filthy mattress and slept for an hour before I went in to kill a load more of them, none of whom have noticed that they've not seen any of their friends for hours.

...I think I have more pros and cons. I'll come back to you.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #549 on: 08 Mar 2016, 10:48 »

Yes, there are more than two parts involved in questing in Vault 81.

To expand on questing in general... A lot of people have complained about the lack of quests in the game. That is somewhat misleading. A lot of quests are done in multiple parts, do part A, then part B opens up etc etc. A lot of people will just call this one quest though, even if it takes 8 or 9 steps to accomplish. And some quests are really short, especially the repeating randomized quests which basically amount to 'go to this location, kill everyone, maybe bring back a widget'. Sometimes those locations are literally just down the road and you can go there, clear the place and be done in 15 minutes. I don't know what you are calling 'two quests' in Vault 81. But there is a fair bit to do there.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up