THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This Week ......

More Dale/Marigold awkwardness (with optional snogging)
Yenta Momo
Frazzled Dora (with optional silly grin)
Angus and Faye eating Cereal
Claire and Emily all week
PINTSIZE all week (with optional Yelling Bird)
Even more A-game
Clinton and Emily (with optional weirdness)
Pizza Girl at CoD being served by Penelope
Hannelore  (with optional squeeing and icking)
Cinnamon Lattes
Spathe Ham in Waffles
Friday the 13th references on Friday the 13th
A room full of Purple Monkey Dishwashers reading Hamlet

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2593-2597 (09-13 December 2013) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 56482 times)

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.

Loki would deny having such thoughts.

I'm on to you, deceiver. -.-
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

You are right. I always lie.

Now you have created a neat little paradox, and you did it all by yourself! Congratulations! Here is your "I defeated myself with logic" cookie of the week!
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

But it's actually a BAGEL!
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

But it's actually secretly a BAGEL!

FTFY.

(Did I do that right?)
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

No, because it's secretly a BEETLE.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

No, because it's secretly a BEETLE.

It did seem a little crunchy.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.

Now you have created a neat little paradox, and you did it all by yourself! Congratulations! Here is your "I defeated myself with logic" cookie of the week!

I really haven't. If you've ever told the truth once then saying "I always lie" is a lie, and I never claimed you were incapable of telling the truth anyway. You can, after all, deceive people with honesty just as well. There's no paradox here.
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

Tulpa

• Balloon animal serial killer

I really haven't. If you've ever told the truth once then saying "I always lie" is a lie, and I never claimed you were incapable of telling the truth anyway. You can, after all, deceive people with honesty just as well. There's no paradox here.
But can you deceive someone without talking whatsoever?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Yes! If someone says "ah, you must be the new deputy chief inspector, come right in" and you were actually just coming to see whether the people in the meeting wanted tea, then you would be deceiving them if you chose to come right in and join the meeting rather than contradicting them.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental

But can you deceive someone without talking whatsoever?

:laugh: ... :psyduck:
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

Yes! If someone says "ah, you must be the new deputy chief inspector, come right in" and you were actually just coming to see whether the people in the meeting wanted tea, then you would be deceiving them if you chose to come right in and join the meeting rather than contradicting them.

Good example. The one that came to mind for me is similar, but you're actively deceiving instead of passively. Suppose you're a soldier on the battlefield, and you see a buddy of yours coming toward you. Suddenly, you look past him, a shocked expression appears on your face, and you fling yourself to the ground, as if something is about to explode just behind your buddy. if she/he then throws him/herself to the ground as well, you have successfully deceived your buddy without saying a word.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up