THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Blog Thread IIIb : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 128522 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: Blog Thread IIIb : Look Who's Blogging Now
« on: 23 Mar 2011, 10:39 »

Dear blag,

Man my paycheck from 4 weeks ago STILL is not in my bank account. I'm overdrawn and I am this fucking close to suing payroll. I haven't been eating more than once a day because I just plain haven't had the goddamn money. I've been subsisting just by eating whatever unsellable items are behind the guest service desk at work, mooching off my roomie and friends, humiliating and degrading shit like that. I am bumming cigarettes that I would normally be buying for myself.

I am a much happier person than I used to be, but man, it's shit like this that makes me fucking wonder why.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Re: Blog Thread IIIb : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:25 »

SO frustrated right now.  I am visiting the university of Michigan this weekend for "visiting days" but I will be missing the last day because my boss wouldn't give me the day off from work.  On that last day there is a internship/job fair that I really want to go to.  Employers like JSTOR, ProQuest, GOOGLE, fucking, GOOGLE, the CIA, and other places it would be really awesome to have an internship or job.  I feel like I am really missing out on some great opportunities to work a 4 hour shift at my crappy job.  But it is a crappy job I need right now.  We are so poor, I don't even know how we are going to pay for the things we need to do in the next few months. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2011, 12:08 »

I dunno about you Kat, but I've heard some pretty sketchy stories about working for Fucking.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2011, 12:14 »

I have potentially good news! So you remember the property management company I was temping for on and off, before the pizza job, between the lighting company laying me off every few months, that wanted to hire me but then I waited too long to answer and they hired somebody else? (Of course you do, what else do you have to do but keep track of my employment status, right?) Anyway, at the location where I temped originally, like last April, the girl who I replaced for a month while she was on vacation just resigned, and I have gotten a phone call and 2 emails saying "call me!" about it, and I did. And the HR Lady is going to talk to the Vice President of Virginia Offices about hiring me there. And while it is like 25 miles away in friggin' Tysons Corner, VA, they would almost double the salary I'm making now, which sounded great at the time when I started the pizza job but damn does biweekly pay take some getting used to.

(And y'know how Tania's posts are supposed to faster and faster as they go? Read this like that too.)
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2011, 12:17 »

Eeee Rosie exciting!!
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2011, 13:21 »

I was having a really good ride home this evening, a bit of a tailwind, nice and warm and a beautiful sunset over The Peak District. Alas, as my life has to be shitty right now, it rapidly went down. Firstly some shit in an Audi decided that they're far too important to observe a modicum of safety on the road and nearly left hooked me, I then got a phone call from a company I interviewed for on Monday to reject me. Again I was "suitably qualified", but "just not what we're looking for".

I really can't help but feel completely useless these days. I know I have necessary skills, I know I work hard, I know that I can do as good a job if not better as any of the other candidate but somewhere along the line I seem to have lost any value at all in the workforce. If you had told me ten years ago that I was going to be washed up at the age of 35 I wouldn't have believed you, but after many applications and enquiries over the past three months, it seems almost inevitable. I'll have to start practicing my "would you like fries with that" if McDonalds will have me.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2011, 13:58 »

Sorry, you're overqualified.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2011, 16:23 »

Man the weather was nice today! Sunny and around 50 with only scant clouds. Went for a bike ride, I miss summer. Can't wait for it to return.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2011, 16:55 »

in friggin' Tysons Corner,

I work in Tysons.  If you get the job let me take you to lunch one day.  I'm not trying to be a creeper or anything I just get bored of eating with same people all the time, and it's literally my job to take people out to eat.  

Edit:  I should add this is applicable to any forumite in the Tysons area.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2011, 16:58 by A Wet Helmet »

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2011, 17:02 »

SO frustrated right now.  I am visiting the university of Michigan this weekend for "visiting days"

Ann Arbor?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2011, 17:25 »

Oh hey, I've been to Ann Arbor! A bunch of forumites ate at the Chipotle there after 4 of us having spent several hours on planes to get to the US!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Papersatan

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:13 »

Yeah, Ann Arbor.  Most of the employers have a contact email for the recruiter, so I guess I will spend tomorrow writing letters explaining that I can't be there, but totally want in on internship/job opportunities at X company.  It would be so much easier if I could just meet them. 

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:52 »

Take the day off sick?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2011, 21:02 »

Guys an acquaintance of mine made a Facebook status on how affirmative action is "reverse-racism" and I want to respond so badly but I'm so furious like how can someone even ugh

Should I respond/how should I proceed to calmly tell her how full of shit she is?
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2011, 21:13 by JimmyJazz »
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2011, 21:11 »

I have initiated a policy of calling people out on/challenging people's bullshit. Partly because I find it amusing (I'm trolling a girl I used to work with by providing helpful relationship advice when she wants "you-go-girl" type advice, and then again by linking her to informative and helpful websites about weddings when she clearly just wants attention and ego-stroking) but also because if I'm going to be friends with people I don't think I have to allow them to be retarded.

Totally tell her how and why she is wrong. Try not to be a dick about it though.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #15 on: 23 Mar 2011, 21:13 »

SO frustrated right now.  I am visiting the university of Michigan this weekend for "visiting days" but I will be missing the last day because my boss wouldn't give me the day off from work.  On that last day there is a internship/job fair that I really want to go to.  Employers like JSTOR, ProQuest, GOOGLE, fucking, GOOGLE, the CIA, and other places it would be really awesome to have an internship or job.  I feel like I am really missing out on some great opportunities to work a 4 hour shift at my crappy job.  But it is a crappy job I need right now.  We are so poor, I don't even know how we are going to pay for the things we need to do in the next few months. 

Can you try (via email or whatever) to see if you can meet with them a day or so early?  They might be there early, and willing to meet with you.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #16 on: 23 Mar 2011, 21:16 »

Guys an acquaintance of mine made a Facebook status on how affirmative action is "reverse-racism" and I want to respond so badly but I'm so furious like how can someone even ugh

Should I respond/how should I proceed to calmly tell her how full of shit she is?
Tell her affirmative action is more about classism than racism.

or show her this
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Papersatan

« Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2011, 02:24 »

I work at 6am 7 hours away from Ann Arbor, so I have to leave on Sunday.  Also I asked my boss if I could have the day off so calling in is probably not a good idea. They extended me an offer of financial aid today though! except I can't see it yet.  The email told me to login to the website, the website "opens" at 6am.  I will be at work then, grrr.  I don't want to wait to know how much.  I really hate websites with hours, I know, I know site maintenance, but commmmmon.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #18 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:19 »

This Week's Blog Post

--So I'm on spring break. Like five of my friends went to Boston this week to visit our buddy at Harvard and I used to be sad about this until I realized that they are there for three days and they are going to be doing nothing and they spent too much money on their plane tickets because they didn't let me book things. So I was just like, fuck you guys! I'm gonna finish my goddamn EP! And Then I Did

--I accidentally fell in love with my best friend but I think I'll be okay.

--I have had In-N-Out thrice, I'm going to have Chipotle twice and I haven't gotten Carl's Jr yet
it's time to stop posting

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #19 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:31 »

In-N-Out is great, Carl Jr's etc. not so much.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #20 on: 24 Mar 2011, 03:39 »

I used to think so also, but they have new and improved chicken tenders and they are to die for
That was my birthday meal this year

nobo

« Reply #21 on: 24 Mar 2011, 04:59 »

Yeah, Ann Arbor. 

If you're going to be eating on campus, try Mia Za's. They give you a scantron to fill out and its a make your own pizza/pasta/salad/sandwich type place. It was my go-to place when I was going to UM. Or Flat Top, its a create your own stir fry type of place.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:45 »

I liked Ann Arbor. Eed and I went back there on our little private two-day jaunt after all you losers had gone home without me.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Metope

« Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:49 »

I liked it too! But then again, that me have been because I was happy to be on the ground after having spent a lot of time in the air, plus eating food that wasn't plane food and meeting up with cool people I'd been wanting to meet up with for several months. Oh, and Jens I guess.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #24 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:51 »

I didn't really see Ann Arbor the first time because I was semi-unconcious for the whole time until someone presented me with a burrito the size of my head, and then I think I passed out from exhaustion trying to eat that sucker.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Metope

« Reply #25 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:52 »

Haha didn't you have that burrito for days? I just threw most of mine away, I knew I was defeated the second I saw it.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #26 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:56 »

I love those gigantic burritos. Especially without beans/veggies and with double rice.. can you believe I used to be able to eat the whole thing at once? Thankfully now I can only eat half at a time. I do not need a stomach the size of my head, thank you.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #27 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:10 »

I eat chipotle like 2-3 times a week. They know me there. Steak burrito with rice, black beans, cheese, medium salsa and guacamole,  fuck yeah.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #28 on: 24 Mar 2011, 07:45 »

The cilantro rice is the grossest. Did they really have to pick the single most polarizing spice in the cabinet to make standard in all their rice? Bluh.
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #29 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:20 »

Man, whatever, I love cilantro. And their rice.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #30 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:33 »

hahahha chipotle

gotta say a burrito that's just meat w/ double rice sounds disgusting

arey ou from the north?

I get chicken, double rice, cheese, sour cream, mild salsa and corn salsa. And it's awesome.

I'm from Maryland. I'm just super picky about vegetables and refuse to eat beans.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #31 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:43 »

Man, whatever, I love cilantro. And their rice.

"Some perceive an unpleasant "soapy" taste or a rank smell and avoid the leaves.[7] The flavours have also been compared to those of the stink bug, and similar chemical groups are involved (aldehydes). Belief that aversion is genetically determined may arise from the known genetic variation in taste perception of the synthetic chemical phenylthiocarbamide; however, no specific link has been established between coriander and a bitter taste perception gene."

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #32 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:49 »

The flavours have also been compared to those of the stink bug, and similar chemical groups are involved (aldehydes).

Interestingly enough, the same is true of Parmesan cheese and vomit.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #33 on: 24 Mar 2011, 08:59 »

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. I think you've brought that up before, now that I think about it.

Neko, replace the sour cream with guacamole and that's pretty much what I get. Sometimes steak, sometimes without the corn, but usually it's that.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 09:01 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #34 on: 24 Mar 2011, 10:02 »

I can't believe all of you are talking about fast food when Anna's post also included things about WRITING MUSIC and FALLING IN LOVE
radical dame

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #35 on: 24 Mar 2011, 11:01 »

We're mostly American, Ally. Bring on the noms.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #36 on: 24 Mar 2011, 12:57 »

no no food is very important, that was probably the natural course of the thread. i love food

good or bad food

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #37 on: 24 Mar 2011, 13:03 »

Even cilantro?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #38 on: 24 Mar 2011, 13:05 »

Cilantro is awesome. My boyfriend wants our house to smell like it and will be setting up a few planters with it this year. But he's a chef, and also, he's crazy.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #39 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:15 »

Man, I wish we had burrito places like you guys do. I mean, there's a pretty good Mexican chain in Sydney, but you still just order 'a beef burrito.'

sean

• welp
« Reply #40 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:26 »

hey hey hey i ate chipotle too over spring break, big deal cause its a half hour car ride to chipotle from school and i am carless. chickens, veggie shit, no beans, spicy salsa, rice, lettuce, corn, and cheese wutup.

also wet helmet if you are offering forumites free lunch if they come to tysons corner i will totally bum down to tysons at some point this summer when im gonna be living mom+dad in rockville, free lunch is nothing to scoff at ever.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #41 on: 24 Mar 2011, 16:03 »

I need to hang out with humans this summer. However I am in boring old Owings Mills, Maryland and carless as well. But I will find a way, damn it. I am so over sitting at home alone all weekend.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #42 on: 24 Mar 2011, 16:35 »

Yeah Sean, c'mon down.  Seriously, I get told I don't feed enough people, give me an excuse.  For you, I'll make sure to bring lots of original pressings of old DC hardcore.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #43 on: 24 Mar 2011, 17:06 »

I dressed really well today, if I do say so myself. Also I went to a job fair at school and this black dude told me that I was, "swagged the fuck out." At lunch, another person told me that I should be a model because I "look fresh everyday."
So that was awesome.

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #44 on: 24 Mar 2011, 17:23 »

Realized a few weeks ago I am probably the happiest I've ever been. Not a toothy-grinny type happiness (although that kind certainly comes into play from time to time), but more a prevailing/systemic contentedness with how life is and not so much worry spent on what life could be or isn't. Life is totally good. It's been totally good for, like, months now. The last time I was this consistently happy was probably early/mid-childhood, and really all I remember from childhood is the bubble baths and getting shampoo in my eye and wailing about it so my mom would come in and pay attention to me. (It's been awhile, my mother no longer helps me bathe and also I have not yet figured out in my adult life how to draw a bubble bath where the bubbles don't disintegrate in less than 10-15 minutes, is there some trick to it I'm unaware of or is my childhood nostalgia for bubble baths making them seem better than they really are waaah)

I guess it's more than a little banal to say, but it really, really took me by surprise, realizing how good life can be. I kind of had no idea. I spend most of my time reading and I took up hiking and I am starting to make friends, like other normal human people seem to do. I've been writing every day for well over a year now and it has not driven me crazy, the way it can sometimes. My teachers don't resent me for being the smart kid who never shows up (actually/proverbially). I've mostly quit my anxious tics (skin picking, hair pulling, blah blah) and I've learned not to be so hard on myself if/when I fall back into it. I still mostly assume people do not like me even when I have overwhelming evidence to the contrary. But, y'know, baby steps, people.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2011, 17:26 by Yunior »
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #45 on: 24 Mar 2011, 19:39 »

My new job is awesome. Suck it, everyone who isn't me.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2011, 19:58 »

I am so glad!

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #47 on: 24 Mar 2011, 20:17 »

Yay, Jimmy likes his job!!

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #48 on: 24 Mar 2011, 22:30 »

Jimmy: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In my own job news: I got turned down for a job that I thought was in the bag because I had too much experience... This is pretty damned frustrating. JUST LET ME GET A FOOT IN THE DOOR. I PROMISE TO GIVE YOU 2 MONTHS SOLID WORK BEFORE I CLIMB THE LADDER.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #49 on: 24 Mar 2011, 22:38 »

I used to think so also, but they have new and improved chicken tenders and they are to die for
That was my birthday meal this year

Getting in on this conversation late, but fuck it. Not going to lie I'd probably eat those fuckin things like 24/7.

Dear blag,

I am honestly within inches of quitting music for any purpose other than my own personal enjoyment. 3 years of active performing, a 6 month stint on Albanian reality TV, and never once have I ever been paid any more than $50. Even though a good few times I've been promised more, I've always been stiffed. Literally every single time.

My best friend and writing partner doesn't even want to practice anymore lately, I honestly can't remember the last time we practiced anything other than a bunch of blues shit that any of the old farts at open mic can play. I can't remember the last time our practice session went longer than ten minutes. I don't even enjoy playing with him as much anymore. I just haven't been able to stop myself from going out at every single chance I get just to get a quick set in, praying to god that somebody will hear it and like it enough to get us a gig. We've got one coming up on the 9th, though, and I'm not sure if we're even going to be worth hearing just because I know we're going to be incredibly rusty at playing together.

I'm trying hard not to cry about this. So far I'm successful with at least that, but it looks like giving up on this whole thing once Lukas is in the Air Force is probably gonna be my only realistic option. I have no way of realistically getting this off the ground as it is right now.

Jimmy holy god I'm glad you have finally got something you're happy with. You've been putting up with a shit situation for a long time. Please tell me this means what I think it means about your music!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84   Go Up