THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 09:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Blog Thread IIb: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 35873 times)

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
Re: Re: Blog Thread IIb: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #50 on: 09 Jan 2010, 13:37 »

Guys, I'm gonna be super sad if you don't tune into my radio broadcast tomorrow... >.>
http://thehitstrip.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=63 now, but I'm not on yet.

Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010, 16:11 by MrBlu »
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #51 on: 09 Jan 2010, 15:59 »

So, our neighbour - let's call him "Crazy" turns out to be a bit more crazy than I first thought.

We live in the second floor of a four apartment house, with two apartments on each floor. We just took down our Christmas decorations last day, and threw the tree into the garden, as we usually do, so we can chop it up for firewood later.

This morning Crazy starts shouting quite agitated at my mom, about the tree, another man's property, taking stuff to court, all sorts of things, but my mother can't really make any sense out of it, but it seems like the other neighbours living downstairs is somehow involved. My mom, figuring that maybe the tree has gotten to the wrong garden (we and Crazy share one, the two other apartments share the other), and she knows that crazy and the owners of the other garden has been quarrelling pretty hard the last years, so she goes to visit them, to see what's really happened.

So, it turns out that when Crazy saw the tree in the garden, he figured that it was the other neighbours that had placed it there to mock them, since Crazy and his wife is Jehova's witnesses, and doesn't celebrate Christmas. So he grabbed the tree, went over to the neighbours, rang their bell and screamed at them in fury when they opened the door. When he eventually figures out that he's made a total ass of himself, he goes back to his own house, and probably just snaps, and starts throwing accusations around the hallway when my mom walks in. He's had some insane moments before, and he's epileptic, if that can explain parts of it - though I've only really heard that epileptics just has seizures, not madness. Quite freaky, really; it turns out that other people who've lived here before us have never stayed long, probably because of Crazy's antics.

In other news, me and 6 others entertained no less than 100 kids aged 2-12 today, probably more than that, making balloon animals, painting their faces, reading them stories, that sort of stuff. Exhausting work, but it's for the school trip to London, and more money means more going to pubs and drink beer and watch Godot and stuff like that. 

Yes, London apparently has pubs with theatre. I want to live there forever.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #52 on: 09 Jan 2010, 16:18 »

Gaaaah! My hard drive just crashed!

This means all my music and movies gone!

in one fell swoop. disappeared.

Maybe if I go to sleep this will all go away.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #53 on: 09 Jan 2010, 16:32 »

FUCK OFF VAMPIRE WEEKEND

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #54 on: 09 Jan 2010, 17:03 »

Guys, I'm gonna be super sad if you don't tune into my radio broadcast tomorrow... >.>
http://thehitstrip.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=63 now, but I'm not on yet.

Just sayin'.
Ok, I'm like on in the next two mins or so...
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #55 on: 09 Jan 2010, 20:14 »

Man, screw you guys I'm outta here :x
My Last.FM

öde

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: 09 Jan 2010, 20:40 »

The new family computer finally came in and I am once again able to browse the internet with a keyboard and mouse instead of a wiimote.  So many videos to watch.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #58 on: 10 Jan 2010, 02:45 »

I have done a lot of painting today (today being 10pm on the 8th of Jan to present (currently 3:40am on the 10th)) . I have some more to do still and I have to base and magnetize like 45 minis. I don't know if I have enough basing stuff to finish it.
Oh also my ex-flatmate, who I thought we left on okay terms because we talked it out, completely ignored me in the store today and then when he left gave hugs to the two other people still there and not me and I feel pretty bad because I thought everything was okay and I don't know if I'll see him again before I leave. I talked with another friend, who is pretty smart, about it after he left and he gave me some good advice but inside I feel that maybe it is his girlfriend who is telling him to not talk to me or something even though that might not be true. I guess I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can say goodbye because I won't be seeing him for most of a year.
Oh also in the past month or so I have taken to smoking even though it is bad for me, but it is calming even though I hide it from almost everyone I know.
fuck I have to paint.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #59 on: 10 Jan 2010, 05:30 »

Just sayin'.
Ok, I'm like on in the next two mins or so...

Hey, is this on listen again anywhere? I went to the site but it confused me and also threatened me with legal action.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #60 on: 10 Jan 2010, 05:35 »

Hey I finished it all and now I feel a bit paranoid, imagine sleep deprivation with being really close to an open superglue bottle for about 3 hours. That is me.
Also I have a date tomorrow.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #61 on: 10 Jan 2010, 08:56 »

my hard drive is still dead. booo.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #62 on: 10 Jan 2010, 09:45 »

Man I keep multiple copies of everything because that sucks. As it is I'm a little nervous because I only have one backup harddrive for my laptop; I keep additional backups of my most important files on DVDs and USB sticks, but I only have one complete clone of my computer. If/when I have an office at work I'm going to keep a backup harddrive there too, so that I can backup my laptop both at home and at work.

sean

• welp
« Reply #63 on: 10 Jan 2010, 12:14 »

guys i got a haircut today and the barber started cutting before she asked how i wanted my hair cut.

so i have lost much of my hair.

:c
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #64 on: 10 Jan 2010, 13:24 »

gah im a dick. this girl passed out on my couch, I got her a pillow and blanket, then I went to bed.  I woke up with her in my bed.  She is very affectionate but I dont want to date this girl.  letting her down is going to suck. :|
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #65 on: 10 Jan 2010, 13:29 »

Sean, oh noes! That's no good!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #66 on: 10 Jan 2010, 13:40 »

gah im a dick. this girl passed out on my couch, I got her a pillow and blanket, then I went to bed.  I woke up with her in my bed.  She is very affectionate but I dont want to date this girl.  letting her down is going to suck. :|

Hang on - she got into your bed while you were asleep, after you did something nice for her? Am I understanding this correctly? How does that make you a dick? Getting someone a pillow and a blanket is not leading them on, unless that person is already infatuated with you and is seeing what they want to see.

Wait a minute this isn't the relationship advice thread.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #67 on: 10 Jan 2010, 13:55 »

How about I give him bad advice instead.

Hey LeeC, you've led this girl on so much with your gentlemanly conduct that the only honourable thing you can do now is marry her. Failure to do so will see you shunned by the community and will condemn you to a life of cold comfort in the arms of strumpets.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #68 on: 10 Jan 2010, 14:06 »

He means you'll get AIDS if you don't!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #69 on: 10 Jan 2010, 16:35 »

Hannah had the mopes. She needs to distract herself so that her resolution of "Be Happy" doesn't get broken. She thinks that maybe that will be an average kind of deal; at the end of the year she will think back and if most of what she remembers is her being happy, then that is alright. She needs to go into the city and go to a crafty store and get some sort of sewing project to keep her occupied on her days off.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #70 on: 10 Jan 2010, 16:58 »

Also she could go out and take photos! Newtown is awesome for photoing and the weather is nice for wandering. Go down a street you haven't been down before! When I get the mopes I go for a walk and it cheers me up endlessly.

Other things Hannah could do with her free time that Ally would do if she had free time:
- Download some music you don't think you'd normally like, (Mfire thread is awesome for this!) pop it on your ipod, and go for a walk/lay down/do the dishes.
- Buy cheap canvases from discount shops, get some paints, and do stuff like this. (Then give them to Ally.)
- Go to Officeworks and print up a bunch of pictures of your friends, and random pretty things you find on flickr, and blu-tac them everywhere or find cheap frames and make collages.
- Try all the flavoured iced chocolates at Gloria Jean's.
- Read this blog and follow every single link from it.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #71 on: 10 Jan 2010, 17:26 »

Wait a minute this isn't the relationship advice thread.

haha wasnt asking for advice, I know what I will have to do, im a dick becuase I have to be the bad guy. Thats why im blogging  :wink:

unless that person is already infatuated with you
yup, which is why I am going to feel like a dick being the bad guy. :|
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #72 on: 10 Jan 2010, 17:32 »

wait, but if she climbed into your bed while you were asleep, how could you have done something about it? You were asleep! How does you sleeping and not expecting her to climb into your bed make you the bad guy?

also, now I want to paint, but I don't know what and I don't really want to spend much money at all, even though I could spend a bit, and blblblbl. I think I just want to do something with my hands that is not what I have been doing recently (I can't think of a way to phrase that which doesn't sound dirty, so i guess that will hae to do).
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #73 on: 10 Jan 2010, 18:09 »

Jumped into a pool with my phone in my pocket :(
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #74 on: 10 Jan 2010, 18:14 »

im a dick becuase I have to be the bad guy.

Okay, I get you. I thought you were beating yourself up because of something somebody else did while you were unconscious.

For the record, telling this girl you're not interested is something you have to do and you'll feel like a dick but you won't be a dick. That's an important distinction.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #75 on: 10 Jan 2010, 18:37 »

blag blag
I am living in PEI now, this is interesting. My mom is here so I am just living with her until I figure something out. I'm going to get some resumes printed off Monday and run around town with them, to the bike shops and a used book store and maybe the comic & games shop. I might be here a couple of months, making money is good (when you have loan interest to pay!), and I need to get up to something.
I've just been hanging around the house the past couple weeks doing nothing. My mom seems to want me to get out but I do not want to, I wanted some time to do nothing and come back to myself and just not worry. I have had that time, though, now, so I ought to get up to something.
There was a pie-off in breadalbane yesterday, which is 40 minutes from charlottetown as the chevy flies, but tragically my license has lapsed, my mom was working, and my two friends here were busy and couldn't drive. If only I'd of found out earlier, a pie-off plus lady folk music is probably the ideal place for me to meet people.
In other news, I'll actually be back in Ontario wednesday. I'm still an Ontario resident, and my health insurance lapsed, and since OHIP has photos on their insurance cards, I need to go back in person to get my insurance renewed. On the bright side, there were $75 seat sales on so round-trip from the maritimes for $240, taxes, tariffs, and tribulations included isn't bad at all. $90 in extra fees sounds a little silly, looking at a $150 ticket, though. So, I have to go to the health insurance office, get a new card, and spend five days kicking around Waterloo. Life could be worse.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #76 on: 10 Jan 2010, 18:40 »

- Buy cheap canvases from discount shops, get some paints, and do stuff like this. (Then give them to Ally.)

Ally, these are awesome.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #77 on: 10 Jan 2010, 20:24 »

Jumped into a pool with my phone in my pocket :(

Take your phone apart as much as possible (cover off, battery out etc...), place it in the oven at about 40C for an hour, put it back together and charge it over night. Should be fine in the morning.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

öde

« Reply #78 on: 10 Jan 2010, 20:25 »

Rinse it with completely pure water first.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #79 on: 10 Jan 2010, 21:11 »

Baking is great for electronics. I had a graphics card that died. Pulled all the plastic and the heatsinks and so on off it, preheat your oven to something that I forget but it's just over the temperature that solder melts at, bake until the solder is shiny and then let it cool and reassemble. Chances are if the problem was little microfissures in the solder it'll be working fine.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #80 on: 10 Jan 2010, 21:15 »

Or don't turn it on or attempt to or do anything with it, take it apart, let it dry for a day or two, then charge it and see how it works.

With a lot of things like that, if you just let them dry completely before trying to use them, they work like normal.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #81 on: 10 Jan 2010, 21:29 »

Yeah, but the oven is great if you're in a hurry. I have a habit of leaving things in my pockets and then washing my clothes without checking so I've washed my phone and iPod so many times it's not funny (it is pretty funny).
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Spluff

• it is time to party
« Reply #82 on: 10 Jan 2010, 21:39 »

My old phone went into a pool twice and it was fine after letting it dry out both times.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #83 on: 10 Jan 2010, 22:42 »

I just went ice skating with a very pretty lady. This is the first time I've ever ice skated. I did not die.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #84 on: 10 Jan 2010, 22:59 »

Not even in her eyes or in her arms?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #85 on: 10 Jan 2010, 23:33 »

Unfortunately I'm an idiot so I plugged it in without letting it dry out so that might've damaged it further. I read around and it seemed most people said to put it in a ziplock with either some dry rice or those little silica packets you get with new clothes sometimes and that will draw the moisture out. So that is what I'm doing, fingers crossed.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #86 on: 10 Jan 2010, 23:38 »

I bought some cheap canvases and paints from Newtown Variety store, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow. I have to go to the gym tomorrow and visit work at some point, so at least I will have things to do.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Spluff

• it is time to party
« Reply #87 on: 11 Jan 2010, 00:20 »

Harry, where is your post about the heat?
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #88 on: 11 Jan 2010, 00:29 »

Not even in her eyes or in her arms?

Musta been somethin you said.

Guys I went to the Wal-Mart after having a very fun game of 40k with my friend Jason. I have bought 3 hats (I guess they were called beanies years ago but I don't know if that is still the term), 2 thermal shirts (one white/cream, one navy blue), thermal leggings (cream, as they were the only ones that were medium), 2 pairs of thick socks, 2 pairs of $1 gloves that aren't that thick but are comfy and they were only $1 so if they die I don't really care. I also bought 6 pairs of boxers so now I don't have to wash my underoos every week, now I can wait 2 weeks!
I had a $20 gift card from xmas so the total was only $35!

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #89 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:16 »

Harry, where is your post about the heat?

Pfft, that is so last summer. It's going to be low-to-high-twenties for the rest of the week so one day of hell is tolerable.

That said I'm just about to go see Avatar, a film whose appeal to me is pretty much limited to the fact that it guarantees two-and-a-half hours in a dark, air-conditioned room.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #90 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:01 »

Not that I'm complaining, I'd love to know why the college have given me £620.

I mean, £450 of that is a bursary I remember applying for but the remaining £170? A mystery. It's part "room bursary" and part "rent rebate" but I don't know why I'd get either of those (unless it's because the heating is broken AGAIN).

Either way, woo. It almost halved my bill for the term, and I didn't get any housekeeping fines which is good because I was getting ready to go Hulk if they tried to fine me.

Now to do three hours of revision on constitutional, then make a curry, then do three hours of tort, then eat the curry, then do three hours of constitutional and go to bed. If you see me on here again in the next three hours, feel free to yell at me.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #91 on: 11 Jan 2010, 06:34 »

dear blog thread,

i wake up, my shoulder's cold. i've got to leave here... before I go i pull my shirt on & walk out the door.  drag my feet along the floor.

then i see you... you're walking cross the campus - cruel professor, studying romances.  how am i supposed to pretend i never want to see you again?? :(
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #92 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:25 »

I freaking hate tort law.

Goddamit.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #93 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:28 »

GET BACK TO WORK MAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #94 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:43 »

I have decided that I hate everyone everywhere and everything. Also men.

(This doesn't include you guys, <3.)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #95 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:47 »

It's cool. I'm in a perpetual loathe of all girls.

Or maybe malaise is a better word.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #96 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:52 »

I HATE TORT LAW I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT

It should not be this difficult to understand. I'm not having any trouble with constitutional law, which is all abstract concepts and conflicting viewpoints and conjecture. GAH.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #97 on: 11 Jan 2010, 08:50 »

Tort law, die.

I have given up.

Abandoned hope.

Thrown in the towel.

And so on.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #98 on: 11 Jan 2010, 08:54 »

You dare trespass on hopelessness and defame tort law by calling it a nuisance?  We need to work on a method of conversion of your negligence in studying the books to a battery of good intentions.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #99 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:37 »

I have e-mailed rock stars again to ask personal favours. This time it is a somewhat lesser star but I am asking for a lift to her gig instead of trying to get on the guest list this time.
So she replied, not in time to get me to the gig (which was a pie-off/musical extravaganza, hence my desire to be there), but she did offer to show me around town which is pretty cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up