THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 05:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: The M/F thread - '08a reboot! Still with no requests!  (Read 88295 times)

DMart

• Larger than most fish
  • Most participants desire.
    • Fritzwicky

Major Organ and the Adding Machine - s/t

Quote from: AMG
Major Organ and the Adding Machine is one of the stranger rock albums to come out of the Elephant 6 recording collective, a group of like-minded bands who all play throwback '60s psych-rock. With a cast of mystery musicians (the label won't reveal who plays on it) lead by Neutral Milk Hotel frontman Jeff Mangum, the album is a psychedelic journey of effects, fragments, and found sounds. The closest to this any band has come to this type of rampant experimentalism is Olivia Tremor Control's Black Foliage, a record that perfectly meshed those strange elements with inviting pop appeal. This album does no such thing, keeping listeners at a distance while bombarding them with sound effects. While Black Foliage used collage elements to connect fully formed songs, Major Organ just uses them as an end to themselves. There is no sense of satisfaction when the "real" songs do kick in — they are just more of the same jumbled mess of lo-fi production tricks. Mangum clearly wants to sound bizarre, a bent that allows for rampant originality, but unfortunately, not much in the way of truly great songs. Unlike Olivia Tremor Control's experiments, which manage to be astounding while maintaining a feeling of amateurish fun, Mangum's attempts are both far less successful and oddly forced — like trying to remake Fletch into a dramatic movie; a daunting task but one with little, if any payoff.

Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?avpfhgy5kxr
An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs.

IrkanInvader

So I take it that no one else is having trouble with uploading to med!afire then, what a I doing wrong? Thoughts? Anybody?

Seal

Quote from: AMG
Major Organ and the Adding Machine is one of the stranger rock albums to come out of the Elephant 6 recording collective, a group of like-minded bands who all play throwback '60s psych-rock. With a cast of mystery musicians (the label won't reveal who plays on it) lead by Neutral Milk Hotel frontman Jeff Mangum, the album is a psychedelic journey of effects, fragments, and found sounds. The closest to this any band has come to this type of rampant experimentalism is Olivia Tremor Control's Black Foliage, a record that perfectly meshed those strange elements with inviting pop appeal. This album does no such thing, keeping listeners at a distance while bombarding them with sound effects. While Black Foliage used collage elements to connect fully formed songs, Major Organ just uses them as an end to themselves. There is no sense of satisfaction when the "real" songs do kick in — they are just more of the same jumbled mess of lo-fi production tricks. Mangum clearly wants to sound bizarre, a bent that allows for rampant originality, but unfortunately, not much in the way of truly great songs. Unlike Olivia Tremor Control's experiments, which manage to be astounding while maintaining a feeling of amateurish fun, Mangum's attempts are both far less successful and oddly forced — like trying to remake Fletch into a dramatic movie; a daunting task but one with little, if any payoff.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?avpfhgy5kxr

you lovely man, Mr Mart.

godinpants

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Jolly good show old bean.
    • Godinpants

removed because my bandwidth got raped and i can't be arsed with mediaf!re right now.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2008, 02:36 by godinpants »

gardenhead_

• we live as we dream; alone

That is a fantastic album cover. What kind of music do you make?
Quote from: Midnight Umbreon
You guys are all such douches.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

Bigelf - Closer To Doom

This cover is a total rip off of Pink Floyds Umma Gumma

Same concept, very different execution.  I was so taken by all the vintage keyboards (including a very rare double Mellotron) that I didn't even think about Ummagumma, and I've had that album for over 30 years.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

godinpants

• Godinpants

I make lots of things. This however, happens to be a big mashup of whatever i cut out of the itunes on this computer.

Just to give you a general idea heres some of the content.

Lightning bolt
the ventures
that 1 guy
david bowie
trivium
battles
xiu xiu
HIM
lemon jelly
the strokes
mr bungle

all just 1 or 2 bar clips in most cases. pitch shifted, stuttered, reversed, made warbly sounding. all the magnificent things computers can do these days.

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
  • master of his domain ...for now

wow, this shit's really cool...

could you perhaps upload some of that lightning bolt or mr. bungle so i can see the source?

i've wanted to for a while but never found them...

plyphon

• Plantmonster

all just 1 or 2 bar clips in most cases. pitch shifted, stuttered, reversed, made warbly sounding. all the magnificent things computers can do these days.

You sir.

Are pro.

*tips hat*

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
it's time to stop posting

Unibang3r

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: Re: The M/F thread - '08a reboot! Still with no requests!
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2008, 18:40 »

Ok so I know that there is no requests but i srsly cant find the soundtrack to Everthing is Illuminated.  Will up some Ulrich Schnauss for you guys

here's a stupid review from rusty lime

There was a time when accomplished musicians used the electronic frontier as a means to hone their already perfected craft. A means to compliment the music rather than dominate it. Few bands have achieved this successfully; ELO, The Cars, New Order, Tangerine Dream, Thomas Dolby, Radiohead and Air to name a few. Some have even managed to achieve success as fully electronic collectives, such as Depeche Mode, Art of Noise, Jean Michel Jarre, Kraftwerk, and more recently Underworld and The Chemical Brothers.
Unfortunately a large majority of electronic bands over sample and try to be too much like each other, or they conform to standard formulas to simulate commercial success. The problem of course being that commercial success does not guarantee staying power. The Depeche Modes and New Orders of electronic music have been around for more than 20 years and will probably be around for another 20 simply because they choose to ignore the formula. These are the bands that earn our respect.
So where does Ulrich Schnauss fit into all of this? Amazingly, still wet behind the ears in his early 20's, German born and bred Schnauss has managed to produce an album that sounds as if were produced by an older, more accomplished musician.
For lack of a better analgogy, imagine Brian Eno on steroids with a touch of Jarre and you have Schnauss's masterpiece "A Strangely Isolated Place". Eight tracks of ear candy bliss and creative sound scapes.
Opening with the soulful "Gone Forever", a multi layered sequence of Eno-esque synths and bass, Schnauss eases us on our engaging electronic musical journey.
"On My Own" is possibly the landmark track of the album and the most likely contender to expose Schnauss to an audience other than the underground electronic lover. If there was ever a soundtrack that conjured up visions of zooming about the galaxy in a spacecraft, this is it.
"Letter from home" hints of an Art of Noise influence only ever so slightly, but not enough to distract you from its own rightful elegance.
The remaining 5 tracks, Monday - Paracetamol, Clear Day, Blumenthal, In All the Wrong Places and Strangely Isolated Place are all unique in their simplistic beauty and purity.
After only a few listens to A Strangely Isolated Place it is clear Schnauss is nothing short of a musical genius, who will no doubt inspire present and future musicians to come.

For all the TL;DRs out there ITS FUCKING AMAZING.  If you like dreampop or shoegaze at all you will love the Schnauss. 

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?y0vuzzcrmff

Jrod

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2008, 18:52 »

ok guys this is killing me i really want to download some sweet sweet tunes but i dont want my university to track my computer HOW CAN I DO THIS
i mean, would they even be able to tell that what i'm downloading is a zip file from a file hosting site that contains music as opposed to anything that is legal and non-copyrighted? this is what i get for not understanding computers =[

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2008, 18:58 »

I giving you all two albums, both very different from each other.

The first is Liam Finn's debut I'll Be Lightning.  I quite like it a lot.  The AMG review is a bit lengthy, but they compare him a bit to Elliot Smith (who i don't know anything about so i don't know if thats a good thing or not).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ktbhphcnhks
http://www.mediafire.com/?l8zp3vmnxvb
(The second link is a couple bonus tracks/b-sides off I'll Be Lightning)

The second album is Fight With Tools by Flobots.  The vocal delivery is essentially rap, but the instruments used range from guitars to horns to mandolins to strings.  They're socially/politically driven.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhtkhgzr6v6
I HIGHLY recommend both albums.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2008, 19:01 »

Some fun-facts on the two albums i uploaded:

The song "I can ride my bike with no handlebars..." that was pretty popular on American rock radio stations a few months back is by Flobots.

Liam Finn plays all the instruments on that album.  I saw him open for Eddie Vedder last month and he used a lot of different loop machines to play.  He'd start with a drum beat, then stand up and play the bass line on his guitar, then switch to the guitar riff.  It was pretty cool to watch.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

godinpants

• Godinpants
« Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2008, 19:14 »

why is it private :(

I think thats because i didnt sign up to mediaf!re perhaps?
I fixed the link to redirect to my hosting.

You sir.

Are pro.

*tips hat*
Why thankyou.

uni-business
Exploiting free high speed internet is all part of university. They dont particularly care what you are downloading. i have a friend who sits around torrenting 3 gig of anime a day.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #15 on: 14 Sep 2008, 19:24 »

A handful of American universities are cracking down on that kind of stuff, though.  Blocking some students from accessing networks usually, but at the most extreme, lawsuits have been filed and some have been fined quite a bit of money.  My dad showed me an article in Rolling Stone about the whole thing.  Fuckin' RIAA.

Random1

• Not quite a lurker
  • Have you seen my pet eagle?
« Reply #16 on: 14 Sep 2008, 19:30 »

Anyone else having issues with that  flobots upload?

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #17 on: 14 Sep 2008, 20:17 »

From my dorm experience, they care more about programs like limewire (do people still use that? I've been out of the dorms for a few years) than they do about direct downloads or bittorrent stuff. My school would give you a warning before doing anything more severe, which usually ended up being a bandwidth cap. I don't think I heard about any lawsuits happening while I was in school.

You could maybe hook up a wireless router to your dorm internet connection and access through that. Then they can't prove conclusively that it was actually you who downloaded the stuff, since others could access the network. I've heard of people getting off with this defense, although this assumes that it's feasible (or not against school regulations) to set up a network in the dorm. I know it was done at my school though. 

wespeakinmidi

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2008, 20:21 »

A handful of American universities are cracking down on that kind of stuff, though.  Blocking some students from accessing networks usually, but at the most extreme, lawsuits have been filed and some have been fined quite a bit of money.  My dad showed me an article in Rolling Stone about the whole thing.  Fuckin' RIAA.

agreed.  be careful, my ex girlfriend brought her laptop to a unnamed boston college and when she hooked her computer up to the network, she was later brought through a lawsuit for illegally downloading music.  some of which i don't even think was downloaded on the campus network.  anyway, as far as i know, they track all that stuff through p2p sharing.  monitoring what is being downloaded on every computer that is not p2p would be some sort of privacy violation wouldn't it?  anyway,  in the end, she paid about $5,000 for her lawyer, and i don't even want to tell you what the initial charges per song were.  download safely.
"A little love is like a little wine.  Too much of either will make a man sick" - john steinbeck

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #19 on: 14 Sep 2008, 20:48 »

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?avpfhgy5kxr

wow. i was just listening to this while i was driving aimlessly around town stoned and it kind of blew my mind.

so awesome.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jrod

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #20 on: 14 Sep 2008, 21:02 »

so is mediaf!re considered one of these p2p sites that are being monitored?
or is it mostly stuff like kazaa, limewire, sharebear or w/e?

sail2themoon

« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2008, 21:40 »

Jrod

If it makes you feel any better I go to a school that claims to be cracking down on people downloading music.  I've downloaded a lot from this site since last year and nothing bad has ever happened to me.  Stay away from limewire and sharing programs like that and you should be fine

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #22 on: 14 Sep 2008, 21:43 »

agreed.  be careful, my ex girlfriend brought her laptop to a unnamed boston college and when she hooked her computer up to the network, she was later brought through a lawsuit for illegally downloading music.  some of which i don't even think was downloaded on the campus network.  anyway, as far as i know, they track all that stuff through p2p sharing.  monitoring what is being downloaded on every computer that is not p2p would be some sort of privacy violation wouldn't it?  anyway,  in the end, she paid about $5,000 for her lawyer, and i don't even want to tell you what the initial charges per song were.  download safely.

It's mostly the larger, more reputable universities, I think.  I don't think a regular state college would bother to do more than a warning or a bandwidth cap.  One of my friends goes to the University of Vermont and torrents stuff fairly frequently, I think, and she's never had a problem.

Harun

« Reply #23 on: 14 Sep 2008, 23:23 »

Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

http://www.mediaf!re.com/download.php?tt6c3llbrmo

yes it's real, and it's real real good

DMart

• Larger than most fish
  • Most participants desire.
    • Fritzwicky
« Reply #24 on: 14 Sep 2008, 23:53 »

If you're cluttering this thread with talk of the RIAA then THE RIAA HAS ALREADY WON.

Because of Ghosts - Your House is Built on a Frozen Lake

Quote from: halo17
It is not possible to listen to this EP without being brought in mind of The Dirty Three. Both trios hail from Melbourne, both blend stark, moody post-rock with jazz sensibilities and musicality, and The Dirty Three have long enjoyed the critical acclaim that Because Of Ghosts are only now starting to receive as they make a name for themselves in Victoria.

Your House is Built on a Frozen Lake is a twenty-five minute journey through melancholy and raw, noir introspection that aches as it carries you from track to track. The EP opens with a minute and a half of eerie harmonics and the random strings of a tortured guitar which emerges as the driving Upward! Forwards! before being stripped back again to the off-key guitar plucking of the wryly-titled There's Nowhere Else To Put Them, a track which features the sound of a man digging a hole. A Simple Dare surprises as a partially-obscured woman's voice cuts in and tells the tale of a childhood prank gone wrong over a much more solid guitar piece that really brings the melancholy home.

The album then seems to start again, breaking into a minute and a half of random guitar plucking that comes together into the very raw, under-produced I Always Thought But I Never Said. It's followed by the even more melancholic You Fool, a gorgeous, quiet rambling that includes the child-like tinkling of a glockenspiel and the faint, barely audible lilting of a man in the background, rising to a crescendo that delivers you into A Waltz for Berenice. This is for me the standout track on the album, with brilliant drumming and a perfectly imprecise guitar that is balanced and complemented by a sad, emotive cello.

Your House is Built on a Frozen Lake has two big strengths. Firstly it is a very free album, unconstrained, wandering from song to song, sometimes dawdling before arriving - it doesn't rush, and that makes this EP feel complete in a way that most EPs don't, a single story rather than a collection of pre-album songs, which makes it something you can listen to again and again.

Secondly, the musicality of the artists is undeniable. Each string is plucked at just the right moment, every sound is perfectly placed, and yet the EP sounds organic and natural rather than contrived - an appearance the light, atmospheric production enhances. Another similarity between Because of Ghosts and The Dirty Three is that both their drummers share an impeccable sense of timing and a very light touch, which is very important because a heavier drummer could easily overwhelm the delicate music here, while a tentative drummer could fade out, leaving the album without a proper grounding.

The precise instrumentation and the free, rambling attitude here combine to make Your House is Built on a Frozen Lake a much darker, and infinitely more emotional experience than the trio's previous releases, and it bodes well for the future. Having heard this EP, I am very much looking forward to what Because of Ghosts bring us this year.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?rbfgwebi04n
An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs.

medicatesleep

• Furry furrier
    • The RIAA hates you
« Reply #25 on: 15 Sep 2008, 02:49 »

Stillwater - s/t

"FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV-AH DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG
SCRATCHIN AT MAAAAAAAAAA DOOOOOOOOOOR"

But seriously, if you don't know what this is from / who this is, I won't explain it to you. That is what wiki is for. Anywho, Stillwater is really Peter Frampton and that bitch from Heart on guitar that are, per director Cameron Crowe, doing their "best Led Zeppelin impression". My roommate bought the special edition DVD and it came with this.

The guitar sound is... incendiary.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/download.php?eqt63jmjkyv
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2008, 02:52 by medicatesleep »
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Albatron

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #26 on: 15 Sep 2008, 05:14 »

You're probably fine with direct download stuff like mediafire, plus if you use riaaradar.com, it tells you if an album was released by a member of the riaa or not. If you stick to non riaa music, I'd think you'll be fine. Also, talk to your friends about music, trade music with them, your college can't really track a thumb drive. Data discs are also awesome.

medicatesleep

• Furry furrier
    • The RIAA hates you
« Reply #27 on: 15 Sep 2008, 07:28 »

Dude, it is Jason Lee. I guess it's wrong to assume the majority of music fans have seen the movie 'Almost Famous'.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #28 on: 15 Sep 2008, 08:28 »

I wanna be incendiary too, man!

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #29 on: 15 Sep 2008, 08:43 »

I had to set this uploading overnight and then forgot about it in the morning. It's a little late, and it goes in a different order to how I remember (this one is as it says on the back of the cd) but the last track is and was in the right place.

Urthboy - Distant Sense of Random Menace
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?byfncgmlx8m
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #30 on: 15 Sep 2008, 14:27 »

There is so much shit on here that I want and the fact that I can't get it is killing me.  I don't know when I'll  be able to start my activity on this thread back up, but I hope it's soon enough that a lot of these are still up when I do.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

IrkanInvader

« Reply #31 on: 15 Sep 2008, 16:52 »

Coming soon Cold War Kids-Loyalty to Loyalty

As Promised grab it while its here folks the link I used was down in a matter of minutes, literally.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n24t430uuo3
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2008, 17:52 by IrkanInvader »

Harun

« Reply #32 on: 15 Sep 2008, 18:13 »

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God

http://www.mediaf!re.com/download.php?jzrwpgofzcm
for Valhalla's sake, download this nao

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #33 on: 15 Sep 2008, 19:34 »

I dled that a few weeks ago and then I deleted it.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Harun

« Reply #34 on: 15 Sep 2008, 20:25 »

what are you, one of those "ONCE SENT FROM A GOLDEN HALL IS THE ONLY GOOD ALBUM" person?

I like it better than With Oden on Our Side, but to each their own.

Also that one you downloaded was an improper release, as the majority of the songs were 128k. This one's a proper scene rip.

tigrar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #35 on: 15 Sep 2008, 22:23 »

Would it be possible to get a re-up of Rachel's?

theoryC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #36 on: 15 Sep 2008, 22:58 »

Perter Bjorn and John - Seaside Rock

No amg review, so deal with p4k's.

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?vvhbynj1oh7

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #37 on: 15 Sep 2008, 23:08 »

what are you, one of those "ONCE SENT FROM A GOLDEN HALL IS THE ONLY GOOD ALBUM" person?

I like it better than With Oden on Our Side, but to each their own.

Also that one you downloaded was an improper release, as the majority of the songs were 128k. This one's a proper scene rip.

The one I had was actually a high-quality promo (only 5 tracks).

No, I liked Once Sent From A Golden Hall, Versus the World, and With Oden On Our Side.  They're a band known for being repetitive, and for me to like it they have to write some songs where the melody doesn't get boring after a while.  I may dl this full album later and listen to the songs not on the promo to see if they're any better.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

nanafagjesus

« Reply #38 on: 15 Sep 2008, 23:27 »

Which of their albums? They get taken down ridiculously fast but I snagged Selenography.

medicatesleep

• Furry furrier
    • The RIAA hates you
« Reply #39 on: 16 Sep 2008, 00:05 »

Dude, it is Jason Lee. I guess it's wrong to assume the majority of music fans have seen the movie 'Almost Famous'.

oh i didn't even see the "director" part. woops.

also i bet a lot of music fans have not seen "almost famous". so yeah. you are wrong to assume that.

Hope I didn't come off as too much of a douche, you just really need to get on that shit man. Amazing movie/soundtrack.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #40 on: 16 Sep 2008, 00:56 »

The Bug - London Zoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bccef3fa14dc0f56d2db6fb9a8902bdaNo AMG on that one, guess it's not out yet.

The Bug - Pressure
Quote from: Allmusic
From God to Techno Animal to Ice, projects associated with Kevin Martin always evoke certain styles but rarely rely on them, instead using them as a jumping-off point for his sound experimentation. While Ice was nominally a hip-hop project, the tracks really sounded nothing like any rap music heard before it (though not after it; Def Jux may have ripped the script from Martin slightly). His debut on the Tigerbeat6 label associated with admirer Kid 606 is in similar fashion to his usual M.O. Yes, it's a dancehall project, but other than a few passing nods to the style, Pressure doesn't sound like a dancehall record. Though brutally powerful like the best dancehall records, it sacrifices much of the groove and replaces it with deep yet brittle drum programs; distorted, thudding basslines; and fragmentary shards of dub effects. Every track here has a vocalist, and Martin could hardly have chosen better -- the list of collaborators includes a raft of distinctive, contemporary artists, such as Toastie Tailor from New Flesh, Daddy Freddy, the Rootsman, and the inimitable Paul St. Hilaire (a Rhythm & Sound collaborator whose previous handle, not to be mentioned here, was the subject of a vicious cease-and-desist order). Three tracks featuring Roger Robinson are closer to dub poetry, though, and allow Martin even more latitude for his productions; the spine-tingling "Thief of Dreams" recalls a half-stepper Basic Channel production. For those who'd be more interested in dancehall if not for the many crude, formulaic productions, Pressure is the perfect meld of experimental and energetic.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bccef3fa14dc0f56d2db6fb9a8902bda
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #41 on: 16 Sep 2008, 03:05 »

The Dears latest album, Missiles has just leaked. I'm only one song in and it is definitely better than Gang of Losers. More like No Cities Left.

I'll have it up in a jiffy.

Quote from: some blog
Of course, choosing Missiles is more than a reactionary move; Dear Science is a splendid record, and certainly one that will gather more than its fair share of accolades in the upcoming weeks. It just so happens that The Dears have crafted a brilliant piece of modern, dark-pop infected indie rock. From the bare-soul rocking of “Berlin Heart” to the lilting, hypnotic gospel goodness of the eleven-minute closing track “Saviour”, The Dears have constructed a thoroughly evocative and erudite album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=592f8beb33436e57d2db6fb9a8902bda
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2008, 03:20 by n0t_r0bert_b0yle!! »

tigrar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #42 on: 16 Sep 2008, 07:07 »

Which of their albums? They get taken down ridiculously fast but I snagged Selenography.
Any of them.  Every time I find a link, it's dead no matter how recently it was put up.  I hear Music for Egon Schiele is really good, but I'm willing to take anything I can get.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #43 on: 16 Sep 2008, 08:00 »

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God

Oh god YES.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Harun

« Reply #44 on: 16 Sep 2008, 11:35 »

Cynic ultra-awesome-demo-pack

which includes:

'88 Demo

'90 Demo

Reflections of a Dying World

Roadrunner Demo

:-D
http://www.mediaf!re.com/download.php?w9cmjpubego
I also have the Portal demo that was made after Focus, as well as the Focus re-issue with re-mixes of songs from Focus - if anybody is interested, that is...
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2008, 11:37 by Harun »

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #45 on: 16 Sep 2008, 12:24 »

Heh, I have all of their stuff, but that's the first time I've seen the cover art for it.

mat_mantra

« Reply #46 on: 16 Sep 2008, 13:48 »

Rules:

No hot-linking images or albums. You can re-host images at http://imageshack.us.

Ensure your tags are correct and that you have specified both Artist/Album in your post.

Upload your files in either a .zip or a .rar archive to mediaf!re.com, in multiple parts if the album is over 100mbs. The reason for this is that we know mediaf!re is safe and efficient and allows multiple downloads. The ads on other sites, such as Sendspace, are known to contain viruses on the page. Get yourself checked out.

Post your link using code tags. It's the # icon above the policeman emoticon. This prevents the links from being traced back to the forums, lowering the chance that the wrong people notice the thread, potentially threatening Jeph with legal action.

Also, please do NOT request albums.

Repost the rules at the top of each new page.

Murder By Death - Like The Exorcist, But More Breakdancing

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?vjhjjq1m02c
Murder By Death - Who Will Survive, And What Will Be Left Of Them?

http://www.mediafire.com/?0iwrbgmgd2h
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2008, 15:40 by mat_mantra »

Kat

« Reply #47 on: 16 Sep 2008, 21:31 »

Any of them.  Every time I find a link, it's dead no matter how recently it was put up.  I hear Music for Egon Schiele is really good, but I'm willing to take anything I can get.
Rachel's - Music for Egon Schiele

http://www.mediaf!re.com/?qrsrdxebuvt

tigrar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #48 on: 16 Sep 2008, 21:34 »

Thanks.

nanafagjesus

« Reply #49 on: 16 Sep 2008, 22:26 »

Rachel's - Selenography
http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=lhuytcwbxw
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up