THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93   Go Down

Author Topic: This thread is non-euclidean, for it has no point  (Read 579024 times)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: This thread is non-euclidean, for it has no point
« Reply #2050 on: 21 Sep 2014, 14:07 »

I suspect a Game of thrones reference.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2051 on: 21 Sep 2014, 14:10 »

Well yeah, it's obviously the iron throne, but why not just make the throne out of wands?

In other news:

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2014, 17:00 by Method of Madness »
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #2052 on: 21 Sep 2014, 21:04 »

That's the joke dude.

The broken ring with the red orb is from Magical Lyrical Nanoha, aka Friendship by Superior Firepower. To it's lower left is a another star and ring which is from Fate/Kaleid Line. There are however some swords in the throne to the top right we have Revolutionary Girl Utena's small sword (literally the kind it is), Claire or Claymore's Claymore, and in obvious fashion right by Usagi is Ryuko's Scissor Blade from Kill la Kill. The swords to the left have owners too, but I'm spacing them.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #2054 on: 21 Sep 2014, 22:02 »

Sounds like Scotland needs freedom.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2055 on: 21 Sep 2014, 22:11 »

Though that is certainly true, about needing to get out of England's abusive grasp, that's an Onion-like article.  It had me going for a while too.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2056 on: 21 Sep 2014, 22:16 »

There's a reason it was posted here :roll:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2057 on: 21 Sep 2014, 23:50 »

There are actually murmurings of voter fraud emerging now.
James The Kugai 

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2058 on: 22 Sep 2014, 00:08 »

Of course there are, it was a very important election with a fairly close result. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a genuine result.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2059 on: 22 Sep 2014, 18:48 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2060 on: 22 Sep 2014, 18:56 »

alternatively if someone asks you what you did today just grimly look down at your hands and say “something I should have done a long time ago…”

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2061 on: 22 Sep 2014, 19:21 »

"You finally washed your hands? About time."

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #2062 on: 22 Sep 2014, 19:30 »

One of the better pictures about the referendum:

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2063 on: 22 Sep 2014, 19:34 »

Uh-oh.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2064 on: 22 Sep 2014, 19:50 »

Yup.

Other Vids show Box Stuffing and Vote Swapping.
James The Kugai 

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #2065 on: 22 Sep 2014, 21:16 »

No matter how terrible a day I'm having, this comic always cheers me up
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2066 on: 23 Sep 2014, 05:30 »

Neon Genesis Evangelion cross-over jokes:

Get in the fucking tank, Miho!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2067 on: 23 Sep 2014, 10:41 »

man that's profiling....

« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2014, 12:11 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2068 on: 23 Sep 2014, 14:28 »

I don't understand the first gif. What's going on?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #2069 on: 23 Sep 2014, 15:55 »

He gives him a gun, some alcohol, and knocks himself out after calling in reinforcements

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2070 on: 23 Sep 2014, 17:27 »

Sure, it'd be entrapment and probably not stick, but the duck would still be out his drugs.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #2071 on: 23 Sep 2014, 22:43 »

http://www.rantic.com/

Ahahahahaha.

So to provide you all what this link is before you click it, this is the website that "emmayournext" a website that was making threats against Emma Watson after her speech to the UN the other day (why is some actress giving speeches to the UN any way? Actors are like show dogs. Lock'em in high end boxes till the next show) to release nude pics on behalf of 4chan. Obviously places like The Guardian, etc freaked the fuck out about this, while 4chan users in the known made comments to Jezebel and a few other places as well as just discussing it that amounted to "Wtf?" and "Emma's an actual feminist, not some rabid SJW, she's cool" with the general consensus that this was a false flag operation by some agency. Turns out? 4chan was 100% correct. It WAS a false flag by a viral marketing company.

That's fucking funny right there.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2072 on: 23 Sep 2014, 23:29 »

general consensus that this was a false flag operation by some agency. Turns out? 4chan was 100% correct. It WAS a false flag by a viral marketing company.

That's fucking funny right there.
Well, the marketing firm were just the mercenaries hired, and they did quite well at getting it to go viral.  The campaign to try to censor the internet (even a cesspit like 4chan) are the ones who planned and directed the operation.  And due to the very nature of whom they were trying to pin it on, there is probably a grossly inflated hit-count due to the sheer number of people who would assume that they were just being trolled and going to see Rick Astley or some sort of shock site.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #2073 on: 23 Sep 2014, 23:41 »

No you're absolutely right, but the crux of the matter is that it was in fact a false flag operation against 4chan.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2074 on: 23 Sep 2014, 23:52 »

Emma Watson isn't just "some actress", she's an Ambassador for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. I hope you were taking the piss.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #2075 on: 24 Sep 2014, 00:12 »

I think he was quoting said site.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2076 on: 24 Sep 2014, 00:21 »

No you're absolutely right, but the crux of the matter is that it was in fact a false flag operation against 4chan.
Was pointing out who to really blame.  The user, not the sword.

And acting is just what some people want to do (and given Christopher Lee's war record, I think he's the kind  of old show dog that wouldn't *stay* locked up.  Right before he slits his keepers' throats.
 Then again, if actors stuck to acting, I'd have never had to endure Reagan or the Governator.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2077 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:00 »

(click to show/hide)
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #2078 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:14 »

Emma Watson isn't just "some actress", she's an Ambassador for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. I hope you were taking the piss.

Wow. That's fucking stupid. Not that the UN is useful or relevant in the first place anymore, being a decrepit, powerless bunch of hypocrites that needs to be quietly taken out behind the wood shed and given a merciful early death, it's only entities worth preserving maybe including the World Health Organization but really? I suppose this shouldn't be surprising after the Angelina Jolie thing but they couldn't find someone who actually.... does stuff? An activist or academic? Someone who's made equality their life's work as opposed to that one person from the series of movies based on a children's book series that were kind of okay? Coming soon! Hugh Laurie's Doctor House will be joining the WHO as an International Ambassador and Representative to the UN General Council, and Benedict Cumberbatch will be acting as a representative at large to the European Council and Courts for INTERPOL!

Hedgie unless I am very off with your estimated age you never did have to endure Reagan :P

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2079 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:43 »

You know, doing one job doesn't preclude a person from being an activist... Being an actress doesn't stop her from wanting to take a larger role in promoting equality. And a well known and liked public figure makes a much better front face for an organization than some random, unknown person.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2080 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:47 »

You probably don't remember, but I did mention that I was born at the tail end of the Carter administration. 

RE: The UN, the Security Council, at least as it is now is just another Cold War relic, the Human Rights Council is a joke, but things like UNESCO, and UNICEF still do good works.  If nothing else, it does get countries to talk outside of special summits in Switzerland or somewhere like that.

And a well known and liked public figure makes a much better front face for an organization than some random, unknown person.
And one that doesn't carry the baggage of some random official or another.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #2081 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:51 »

Now we just need to figure out a way to give good humanitarian people rock star status that will stop them needing celebrities to come along and plug for them. It'd solve the Bono problem.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #2082 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:06 »

Now we just need to figure out a way to give good humanitarian people rock star status that will stop them needing celebrities to come along and plug for them. It'd solve the Bono problem.

Bono was "good humanitarian people" before he became a rock star.

I know. I'm old enough that I was born at the tail end of the Johnson administration. (No, the TEXAN, not the Tennesseean.)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2083 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:11 »

If it had been the latter, you'd probably have some very interested scientists with very sharp scalpels eager to figure out your secret.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2084 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:25 »

« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2014, 07:31 by LeeC »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2085 on: 24 Sep 2014, 10:36 »

How much do you actually know about Emma Watson? Beyond the fact that she's been in films?

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #2086 on: 24 Sep 2014, 13:25 »

I suppose this shouldn't be surprising after the Angelina Jolie thing but they couldn't find someone who actually.... does stuff? An activist or academic? Someone who's made equality their life's work as opposed to that one person from the series of movies based on a children's book series that were kind of okay? Coming soon! Hugh Laurie's Doctor House will be joining the WHO as an International Ambassador and Representative to the UN General Council, and Benedict Cumberbatch will be acting as a representative at large to the European Council and Courts for INTERPOL!

You're so right, once someone chooses a career that is the entire extent of their worth or activities. Its ludicrous to think someone could have time to do other things, especially thing that show awareness and a sense of social responsibility. And Emma Watson was totally giving that speech as Hermione, the only character she ever has/will play.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #2087 on: 24 Sep 2014, 14:02 »

I like you, TRVA.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #2088 on: 24 Sep 2014, 15:22 »

Don't forget that being young, female and attractive is a complete disqualification from having opinions, expressing them, or taking part in any activity more serious than painting your nails. :roll: 

As should be obvious to anyone who's been exposed to male sportsmen, for example, being trotted out as spokesmen for everything from selling cars to endorsing haemorrhoid cream, the whole point of having celebrity ambassadors is to persuade people to pay attention. Using your celebrity to draw attention to causes you believe to be just and vital is at least as worthy as using it to sell golf clubs or lipstick, and being an actor by profession is no bar to having a brain or a conscience.

As for the United Nations, it is as effective as the nation-states that make it up want it to be. Typically people who whine about how ineffective the UN is would be the first to complain if the UN could act effectively to control the behaviour of their governments. From Americans, for example, the complaint simply boils down to: "Waaa! The UN doesn't do what America wants it to!".
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2089 on: 24 Sep 2014, 16:05 »

If it had been the latter, you'd probably have some very interested scientists with very sharp scalpels eager to figure out your secret.

There can be only ONE!
James The Kugai 

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2090 on: 24 Sep 2014, 17:49 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2091 on: 24 Sep 2014, 17:51 »

But that's not TRVA at all, it's...GENE PARMESAN.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #2092 on: 24 Sep 2014, 19:36 »

Don't forget that being young, female and attractive a useless celebrity, be it actor, actress or sports player is a complete disqualification from having opinions, expressing them, or taking part in any activity more serious than painting your nails. :roll:

Quote me right at least.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2093 on: 24 Sep 2014, 22:01 »

Don't forget that being young, female and attractive a useless celebrity, be it actor, actress or sports player is a complete disqualification from having opinions, expressing them, or taking part in any activity more serious than painting your nails. :roll:

Quote me right at least.

What makes her a useless celebrity? Yes, she became famous because she is an actress. How does that detract from what she is doing in any way besides giving her a wider platform of people who will pay attention?

Shirley Temple and Ronald Reagan were both useless celebrities. That didn't stop them from using that platform to achieve other goals.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #2094 on: 24 Sep 2014, 22:48 »

My Art.

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #2095 on: 24 Sep 2014, 23:19 »

Albino Hedgehogs

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
My Art.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2097 on: 25 Sep 2014, 00:26 »

Albino Hedgehogs

I approve of this message.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #2099 on: 25 Sep 2014, 08:28 »

why is some actress giving speeches to the UN any way? Actors are like show dogs. Lock'em in high end boxes till the next show

To be fair to the young lady, she's also an Ivy League graduate.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93   Go Up