THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 20:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 339715 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« on: 06 Aug 2014, 22:10 »

Sometimes whatever you happen to be playing doesn't need it's own thread. What are you playing right now?

I'm trying to work my way through Watchdogs, which I enjoy as far as GTA style sand boxes go, the hacking mechanic's solid... but I am having trouble motivating myself to continue the plot. Maybe I just can't play a serious crime sand box after years of Saint's Row mucking my brain meats up.

I'm also hacking away at Resonance of Fate, which... is a most impressive JRPG. It combines the solid visuals, and pretentious horsecrap of the later final fantasy games with a brutally difficult and fiddly combat system. Albeit it's more engaging then Final Fantasy's rigid adherence to death by GUI but fuckin A this game is unforgiving as hell. When you're playing through a fight right, you're ripping it up, but if you screw up you're going to get ventilated in a variety of exciting new ways by some very samey (so far) bad guys. Also for some reason the opening scene starts with our two protagonists base jumping and magically becoming blondes. I'm still playing mind, but this combat system is probably going to make me drop this game if I can't get the hang of it...

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2014, 22:11 »

I've been going back and playing an old game: Roller Coaster Tycoon.  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2014, 22:21 »

RCT WAS THE BEST.

I spent a week at a place with decent internet, so I've been getting my Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on. (Vorcha Sentinel is the best thing ever)

Also recently downloaded AC:Liberation, gonna start on that tonight :)
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2014, 00:44 »

Mostly just been rolling my T-72 hordes across maps with impunity in Wargame Red Dragon.

. . .

And then watching them get wrecked with impunity by air support.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2014, 01:03 »

That's the good shit. I still bust out OpenTTD every now and then, and Theme Hospital ('The hospital administrator is cheating!')
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2014, 01:34 »

As usually, mostly playing League of Legends because I'm a goddamn addict. Must make it do diamond before season ends...
I'm also throwing in the occasional Organ Trail and Plague Inc. to lighten things up.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2014, 06:11 »

Lego Lord of the Rings. I've reached the part where you just collect things and run around the overworld. It's kind of impressive how many of the places from the films/books there are in the game.

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #7 on: 07 Aug 2014, 06:40 »

Skyrim, because sidequests, and minecraft, because multiplayer.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #8 on: 07 Aug 2014, 08:20 »

... cookie clicker.

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%3D%3D%21END%21
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2014, 13:12 by BeoPuppy »
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #9 on: 07 Aug 2014, 08:33 »

Mostly GTA V, because I removed my storyline save mode recently and had to restart.  It was kind of a good thing, but still frustrating.  I'm now at a higher percentage of completion than my old file was.  And I only have 1 spaceship part to find.  Not sure where I missed that.

Aside from that, played the Destiny and am now salivating over the idea of the actual release, finished the first Borderlands because I started it at a friend's house but never got it finished and I wanted to before I jumped into 2 for any real playthroughs (I've run around and killed shit with my son, but not actually followed the story much), went back to RE5 to see if I could get those last pesky few achievements and then realized that I never downloaded the VERSUS DLC and don't have any interest in it, so I can't get all of them anyway.  Played Motocross Madness because it was the free with gold download on 360 and it was kind of fun, if for no other reason than it actually uses my 360 avatar, and he looks like Deathstroke, so Deathstroke riding motorcycles...  fun.  Skyrim on and off, downloaded the ridiculous patch for Defiance, tried to get into the game, and just can't.  It drives me a little batshit that I've spent more time installing and reinstalling than I have playing.

Felix, I've not tried the ME3 multiplayer.  Is it worth stepping into?  I've always been curious, but never played it.

"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #10 on: 07 Aug 2014, 08:43 »

I would rant about how much I hated GTA V but there's a whole thread about it somewhere.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 07 Aug 2014, 10:32 »

Felix, I've not tried the ME3 multiplayer.  Is it worth stepping into?  I've always been curious, but never played it.

I had a lot of fun with it, though I don't know if anyone else is playing cause you usually need a four man team to finish some of the harder levels

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #12 on: 07 Aug 2014, 10:38 »

I really enjoyed ME3's multiplayer, I hate that it could impact single player gameplay, but it's fun.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #13 on: 07 Aug 2014, 13:05 »

M&M Duel of Champions, though I'm almost done the single player campaign, at which point I might be done.  Just have to beat the boss 6x (once with each deck type).

Also Starcraft 2, trying to improve.  Because self-improvement is fun.

Lastly, started a game of Oblivion on PS3 last weekend.  While I miss some parts of Skyrim, I'm loving the complexity of the magic.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #14 on: 07 Aug 2014, 14:15 »

I started playing EVE Online again, then the corp I was in fell apart. Whee!

Maybe I'll try going to an established one this time.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #15 on: 07 Aug 2014, 14:40 »

I really enjoyed ME3's multiplayer, I hate that it could impact single player gameplay, but it's fun.

Blyss, it is most definitely worth stepping into. Easily the most fun I've ever had playing on LIVE. Next time I'm online I'll play a few rounds with you if you want

Erik, they changed that in an update, so you can still achieve the 'best possible outcome' endings without going into the multiplayer
~She/Her/They/Them~

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #16 on: 07 Aug 2014, 14:51 »

Good. I had a pattern wherein I could get everything I needed in game for the best possible outcome prior to that (it was a fucking pain, and you had to be SPOT on your events and item finding) but it still annoyed me.

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #17 on: 07 Aug 2014, 23:58 »

Mostly the Sims 3 honestly. I'm so fucking addicted to that game.

I got Dragon age and Mass effect again but I've barely touched them. I got reasonably into Dragon Age but Alistair is already in love with me despite the fact that I don't even have one alliance yet so it just feels too easy.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #18 on: 08 Aug 2014, 06:26 »

I guess I could have explored different love interestes in Dragon Age, but Claudia Black....

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #19 on: 08 Aug 2014, 08:11 »

Victoria 2 and Shovel Knight.  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #20 on: 08 Aug 2014, 11:07 »

Allister being easy actually makes sense to me, he's kinda had the shit kicked out of him most of his life. So treat him even reasonably decently and he'd probably glue himself to your leg.

I put down Resonance of Fate and am currently planning to return it. I'm all for a hard game, but fuck me with a chainsaw I'm just not having fun! I picked up Deus Ex Human Revolution from the pile however and am enjoying it quite a lot. I'm also prepping my list for "the purge" before the end of the month, I'm going to take a pile of games to Game Stop including Watchdogs and Resonance of Fate to take advantage of their +50% credit on all turn ins Summer Deal. I'll then apply all that on Dragon Age: Inquisition... after waiting long enough for some reviews to let me know if it's shit or not.

Meanwhile I burned LITERALLY my entire morning playing this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=klb.android.lovelive_en&hl=en

I have NEVER felt like a bigger nerd/weaboo then I do right now.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #21 on: 09 Aug 2014, 23:04 »

Okay maybe now it's worse.

I have been playing the Love Live! game pretty much since I posted last. I'm getting good at the actual rhythm bit, and since the game is a combination "card" collector, team management, rhythm game the unlocks are fun, especially since earlier today I started really unlocking characters from the show, including my favorite character Maki.

I kinda wish the story the game is running you through was a bit more substantial, they did go to all the trouble of having the anime's voice actresses do the cut scenes after all... but I'm having way too much fun for a simple smart phone game.

You may now judge me.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #22 on: 10 Aug 2014, 05:57 »

Finishing off the three basic classes playthrough for DAO before I continue onto DA2. Hadn't touched them in a while but with Bioware announcing that Inquisition was being pushed back a month gave me the drive to get back in.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #23 on: 10 Aug 2014, 08:25 »

Well, I'll definitely have to give ME3 a go, but currently my time is being devoured by trying for the 100% on GTA V.  Currently at 96% and doing a set of missions that I didn't even know existed.  Once I get that and the flying challenges done, I should be finished.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #24 on: 10 Aug 2014, 10:19 »

The Sims 2 because it was FREEEEEEEEEEEE.

LocoJoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #25 on: 11 Aug 2014, 14:34 »

If I'm not practicing in Ultra Street Fighter IV  [I play the game competitively],  then I'm either playing League of Legends or Dark Souls 2. I'm also learning to speed run Resident Evil 2 and Shovel Knight.
"No one's going to draw you a map. You gotta walk your own path."

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #26 on: 11 Aug 2014, 14:41 »

That's the good shit. I still bust out OpenTTD every now and then, and Theme Hospital ('The hospital administrator is cheating!')

I'm playing Theme Hospital now.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #27 on: 11 Aug 2014, 16:10 »

I've been playing Unturned, a free alpha pre-release game on steam. Zombie survival horror but with a very simplistic, stylized cartoony style. Sprinkle in a little bit of minecraft flavor with resource gathering and building your base and some gear. And a lot of scavenging randomly assigned loot. It's not a difficult game, once you get a weapon. Fighting zombies with your bare hands  is pretty terrible. But it's awefully addictive.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #28 on: 11 Aug 2014, 16:28 »

I just finished Lego Lord of the Rings and now I have no idea what to play even though I'm sitting on a pile of games

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #29 on: 11 Aug 2014, 16:39 »

You should play some ME3.
It needs to happen  :emotrex:

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but eh.
~She/Her/They/Them~

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #30 on: 11 Aug 2014, 16:42 »

Over the weekend, I downloaded the new version of Kerbal Space Program and started a new game on it. I'm not entirely sure if I like the new Contracts system yet. At the very least it still has bugs to work out (friggin' parachutes that have to be deployed at between 9900 and 13200 meters above ground and have to be deployed via staging and not manually).

TheEvilDog

« Reply #31 on: 11 Aug 2014, 18:09 »

Taking a break from Thedas and whomping my way around Diablo 3 with a wizard.
........She is ridiculously overpowered, especially compared to the Crusader.....And he was a friggin' steamroller!

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #32 on: 12 Aug 2014, 02:20 »

As of Friday I will be playing Risen 3. Don't be surprised if you don't see me in the forums for a while.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: 15 Aug 2014, 19:05 »

I got the Lego Movie Video Game from the library so I'm playing that. So far it's not as fun as the other Lego video games

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #34 on: 15 Aug 2014, 22:21 »

I am now playing another rhythm game called Cytus in addition to Love Live! Cytus has a much wider musical base and a very unique touch system that I've never seen before for this style of game. It's a lot of fun, but without the plot and direction for Love Live it's not quite as gripping.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #35 on: 18 Aug 2014, 19:36 »

100% and all Achievements for GTA V!  First time completing a game, so I'm pretty stoked.   :-D

Now I can play something else until they finally release the heists.

My blog

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #36 on: 19 Aug 2014, 03:21 »

You know exactly what I'm gonna suggest you play in the meantime :mrgreen:
~She/Her/They/Them~

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #37 on: 19 Aug 2014, 04:11 »

Gemcraft: Chasing shadows?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #38 on: 19 Aug 2014, 07:42 »

You know exactly what I'm gonna suggest you play in the meantime :mrgreen:
Might just do that.  :-)

My blog

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #39 on: 21 Aug 2014, 08:51 »

Civ 5 oddly enough.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #40 on: 21 Aug 2014, 09:31 »

Civ 5 oddly enough.
Why is that odd? It's an awesome game.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #41 on: 21 Aug 2014, 09:38 »

Personally I prefer Civ 4, though I've only played Civ 5 without the expansion packs, so it may be better now. Haven't played either of them in a long time, though.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #42 on: 21 Aug 2014, 10:23 »

I have been playing Civilization since Civ 3 and I must honestly say that I liked 4 the least of all, dunno why. I'm really looking forward to Beyond Earth, though.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #43 on: 21 Aug 2014, 10:42 »

Personally I prefer Civ 4, though I've only played Civ 5 without the expansion packs, so it may be better now. Haven't played either of them in a long time, though.

I bought BNW expansion during the July steam sale, and have played 2 or 3 games now with it.  IT seems like it's a much improved game.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #44 on: 21 Aug 2014, 12:02 »

Fight Night Champion 4. It's kind of dumb and unrealistic. I still play it because I really like de la Hoya's pants.

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #45 on: 21 Aug 2014, 12:36 »

I have been playing Civilization since Civ 3 and I must honestly say that I liked 4 the least of all, dunno why. I'm really looking forward to Beyond Earth, though.

I agree with your sentiment on Civ 4. Most of my issue with it stems from the fact that armies can stack infinitely.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #46 on: 21 Aug 2014, 13:02 »

None of you have said Crypt of the Necrodancer which makes me wonder why you're not playing Crypt of the Necrodancer.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #47 on: 21 Aug 2014, 13:27 »

Civ V was awesome because I got it for free in exchange for writing a tactica...

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #48 on: 21 Aug 2014, 21:49 »

I agree with your sentiment on Civ 4. Most of my issue with it stems from the fact that armies can stack infinitely.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Ever tried to conquer a city stacked with fortified Longbowmen? Good luck with that. Those arrows will pierce your tank's armor like they are made of depleted uranium.
You could stack armies in Civ 3 too but somehow it felt more balanced then. Or maybe that's nostalgia speaking, I was pretty young when I first played it, I dunno...

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #49 on: 22 Aug 2014, 20:00 »

children.

I was playing CIVILIZATION in 1992 on a 386DX.

I'd play it NOW if I could find a Win7 compliant version.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Up