THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 02:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 339859 times)

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #1150 on: 09 Aug 2018, 13:30 »

Every time WoW has a new expansion, I've thought about resubbing… until now.  I could learn to deal with my holy pally stuck in melee, or having to smite as a disc priest, but screwing half the player base *again* like this is really too much.  I'm not the sort who would ever play Alliance, and if I did start up again, I'd go with the evil thing and stop ignoring alliance players who weren't in my way.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #1151 on: 09 Aug 2018, 16:13 »

Completed the Siege of Lorderon scenario.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1152 on: 09 Aug 2018, 21:52 »

Completed the Siege of Lorderon scenario.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1153 on: 11 Aug 2018, 19:12 »

So, a new game that just came out and is freaking awesome is Dead Cells. Described as a Metroidvania Roguelike game. You travel through side scrolling beat em up style combat, collecting power ups, beating tougher and tougher enemies, unlocking secret areas and new ways to travel... Until you die. But death is not the end. You are reborn back at the start... Most of the things you gathered are gone, but there are things that you permanently unlock and keep through all your deaths. And you find that the map changes every time. How much further can you go with this life?

It is a simple game, but very smooth and responsive controls. It's enough of a rush to keep you playing, seeing how far you can push it, then trying again. It's gotten pretty great reviews so... Highly recommended.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #1154 on: 12 Aug 2018, 11:43 »

Oh yeah, it's definitely on the list.

Speaking of lists, I am a fool and have started playing Dark Souls again.

not the remaster, mind you. the old "Prepare to Die" PC port that Steam doesn't sell any more

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1155 on: 12 Aug 2018, 11:44 »

there are a *lot* more people playing that still than you'd think, too

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1156 on: 12 Aug 2018, 12:50 »

I was also a fool and have been playing Dark Souls 3 again. It took a few weeks for me to remember why I stopped playing it in the first place.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1157 on: 17 Aug 2018, 12:59 »

Dead Cells, finally got to it.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

"OH GOD HE'S A BEYBLADE!" -Nae, 2018

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1158 on: 17 Aug 2018, 14:00 »

I know exactly which guy you mean. Pretty nonthreatening if you have a shield though.

You're gonna hate the final boss, I can say that already.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1159 on: 17 Aug 2018, 16:54 »

Yeah, I was running this, which made life substantially easier once I figured out what he could do.
(click to show/hide)

and yes i am certain i will hate the last boss, that i will hate every boss forever even if i win

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1160 on: 18 Aug 2018, 00:48 »

(click to show/hide)

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1161 on: 18 Aug 2018, 00:49 »

I was also a fool and have been playing Dark Souls 3 again. It took a few weeks for me to remember why I stopped playing it in the first place.

Try "Kingdome Come Deliverance" ... (Muahahahahaha!)

No srsly, I've heard that some DS-players enjoyed it, but it's considered hard, not DS-hard, and I guess that as of yet, the world is less ... fine-grained? so there's a natural 'seen it all' cutoff atfter 200-300 hours.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1162 on: 18 Aug 2018, 03:52 »

I'm aware of the game, and I have no interest in playing it, but I'm confused by what you mean. Is 'hard' harder than 'DS-hard'? What about 'Nintendo-hard'?

Regardless, I didn't stop playing Dark Souls 3 because it was hard, but because it was easy. I've completed it a few dozen times now. I can beat most people in a one-on-one fight even with a substantial handicap, and I can do reasonably well in a 2v1. I stopped playing because I get so few opponents who aren't either blundering dolts or insufferable tryhards, and I'd hate myself if I became one of the latter.

The Souls games' difficulty is very front-loaded. Once you get to know the game, the difficulty largely disappears. With a bit of guidance, anyone can complete Dark Souls 3. Sure, it involves calling in a lot of help, but that's just part of the game and just as valid as soloing the thing. It remains interesting because of the variety of self-imposed challenges you can take on, but those only start getting Nintendo Hard with 'complete the entire game without dying'.

Dead Cells is the opposite. It's a challenging game, but it doesn't take long for you to unlock enough items and upgrades that you can mow down all the enemies with ease. With a bit of luck, you stand a pretty good chance at completing the game after a dozen hours... the first time around. Then, well, spoilers incoming:

(click to show/hide)

TL;DR: Dead Cells is harder than Dark Souls, in many ways. It's kind of a lazy way of making a difficult game, though, and I prefer games that don't "cheat": no leveling up, no upgrades, no unlocks, no difficulty levels. There are only a few action games that I consider properly hard here:

Teleglitch, a top-down roguelike shooter with a grungy sci-fi aesthetic. A masterpiece of creating tension, an oppressive mood, and even terror, with just a bunch of chunky pixels and bite-sized, punchy sound effects.

Thumper, a 'rhythm violence' game where you speed along a track reacting to obstacles to the beat. It's impossible to do it justice with text, and even the trailer is inadequate. If you watch a level being played you can get maybe halfway there, but to truly appreciate it, you must play it.

Receiver, a small game from an FPS jam where you shoot turrets and drones with a handgun, except the handgun is fully simulated. Have fun trying to reload when you can't remember what to press to eject the magazine, which of your other magazines still has bullets in it, and whether you've chambered a round or not.

Devil Daggers, you're on a giant stone platform floating in an endless void and an infinite number of nightmarish hellbeasts are coming to kill you. Shoot them all and try not to die.

There are surely others that qualify but these are, in my opinion, the best ones. I could write another whole post about puzzle games but I'll save that for another time.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1163 on: 18 Aug 2018, 07:00 »

I'm aware of the game, and I have no interest in playing it, but I'm confused by what you mean. Is 'hard' harder than 'DS-hard'? What about 'Nintendo-hard'?

Ummmh ... I thought 'DS-hard' was the pinnacle of the progression? That's how I meant it, anyhow.
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1164 on: 18 Aug 2018, 08:01 »

Dark Souls difficulty is exaggerated often and greatly. It can be quite obtuse but if you spend 10 minutes reading a beginner's guide or introduction video (of which there are many) then you'll find the starting areas are not terribly difficult, just more so than the average action-RPG, as there are a lot of ambushes and deathtraps, but you'll learn to avoid those. The game demands patience and discretion, and rewards careful observation and exploration.

Souls games are far from Nintendo Hard because they're full of permanent progression mechanics. The only thing you have to lose by dying is the souls and humanity you carry. You'll never lose any items you pick up, your weapons and armor can be permanently upgraded, and your souls can be cashed in by leveling up. Persevering will eventually get you past every obstacle, which is an important theme in the Souls games. Completing the game is still very difficult, but not the pinnacle of difficulty by any stretch of the imagination.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1165 on: 18 Aug 2018, 11:50 »

Yes, that. I was having trouble explaining to my brother why Dark Souls kind of isn't actually that hard, for the most part. That's a more succinct way of putting it than I managed.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1166 on: 13 Sep 2018, 12:53 »

A Hat in Time has just had some DLC released. It is, apparently, free for 24 hours after launch. So... go get it, I guess?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1167 on: 29 Sep 2018, 21:21 »

Is there a decent Magic the Gathering game on Steam?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1168 on: 11 Nov 2018, 22:35 »

Playing Hearts of Iron 4 again.  I started out as Fascist Germany and went against Hitler.  This sparked a brutal German Civil War and I was able to defeat him and cause his suicide and hanged his followers.  Germany became a military Junta under the famous WW1 general August von Mackensen! We secured and rebuilt the nation. We even asked Poland and Lithuania to give us back the lands ceded in the treaty of Versailles and they obliged! No threats, we just asked politely. In return we guaranteed their independence (as well as all of the Baltic states and eventually Finland!) against any future incursion from the Soviets. We then asked the Netherlands if we could have the Kaiser back and sure enough Kaiser Wilhelm II was back on the throne and the Kaiserreich restored.  We even asked China for our old colonial port back from pre-WW1 and they just gave it to us. To prevent resentments with the old enemies, I sent delegates to improve our relations with France, the UK, Belgium, and the Netherlands.  I established the Central Powers again and tried to convince Italy and the divided Austrians, Hungarians, and Czechs to get the band back together. I backed a coup in Italy and successfully assassinated Mussolini; establishing the Kingdom of Italy again (the achievement has not fired yet for some reason  :cry: oh well) and they rejoined the Central Powers (we'll forget about how in 1915 you switched sides). By the end of 1939 the Austrians, Hungarians, and Czechs combined together diplomatically to reform the Austrian-Hungarian Empire and joined the Central powers! If only Turkey didn't have a hardline neutral foreign policy... Poland started their own faction with the Baltic states and Romania. With the Central powers backing them, the Soviets will have a hard fight!  Oddly enough A&H was so happy about everything they offered to have a referendum to just straight up join the German Empire. I declined since I wanted to reforge the CP and not remake Super Germany from my Victoria 2 game I posted here a long time ago. I banned fascism and am working to banning communism. Wilhelm II died on his throne and his son Wilhelm III is now in power.

Oddly enough Australia left the commonwealth and joined a faction with the USA. The united Chinese front has formed and are resisting Japan's invasion as well as they can. France and the UK restrengthened their Alliance and are overall happy with me. Spain is really the only Fascist state to worry about in Europe but they are recovering from their civil war and will probably keep to themselves for the rest of the game.

I am rebuilding up my army forces (only had 19 divisions after the civil war, currently around 73) with new Pz3s replacing the old light Pz2s. The navy is in desperate need of being rebuilt. I had 6 ships and 11 subs at the end of the civil war! Now I have 34 ships and 13 subs and am working to increase them further, complete with a super-battleship. I should double my air pwer but I need my factories building the new tanks and artillery pieces. Its been a really fun campaign so far...even if the achievements haven't fired (and yes I'm on ironman made).
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1169 on: 12 Nov 2018, 19:12 »

Well it happened. The soviets declared on Poland. I called on the CP to intervene. A&H answered the call and sent troops. Friggin Italy just sent his navy to blockade ports and left his entire 109 divisions at home..the entire war! WTF Italy! It was hard fought but we won. Japan even got in on the war and joined Poland's faction (Międzymorze). Poland left the faction and joined the CP, so the Międzymorze faction still exists and has Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, and Japan. so weird. Romania got greedy in the peace talks and took a lot of the Ukrainian region. I puppeted Russia and got most of their lands (including Sevastopol!) along with their allies/puppets Mongolia and Communist China (is now just called China. There are 2 Chinas on the map now and they are right up against each other. Its super awkward). The puppets are now also part of the CP. I am thinking of kicking out Italy as they just started making claims on Yugoslavia and I worry they are going to pull us into it...not that he would need help (all his divisions are intact since they didn't friggin fight!).

So the current world factions are:

Central Powers: German Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Kingdom of Italy, Poland, puppet Russia, puppet Mongolia, and puppet China.
Międzymorze: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Japan Shogunate, Qing China
Allies: France, UK, Canada, India, South Africa.
The South-West Pacific Initiative: Australia and USA
The Chinese United Front:  China, Shanxi, Xibei San Ma, Yunnan, Guangxi Clique, Sinkiang

Everyone else is Neutral. The only country that looked interested in joining the CP was Finland, but they could not join during the war. The Communists took over during the war so now its called Red Finland and they are faction-less.

Really thinking of kicking Italy out and guaranteeing Yugoslavia, but I have a feeling A&H wants some old land back. Whats a Kaiser to do? :psyduck:

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #1170 on: 13 Nov 2018, 04:19 »

Railroad Tycoon 3 because I never had the resources or mechanical skills for model railroads when I was young. :-P
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1171 on: 17 Nov 2018, 04:22 »

We then asked the Netherlands if we could have the Kaiser back and sure enough Kaiser Wilhelm II was back on the throne and the Kaiserreich restored. 

Smart move to ask the Dutch to quietly get rid of that degenerate Hohenzollern-spaWEETBABBYJEEBUSWEPT! You asked to have him back:-o

The second most catastrophic leader the German people have known in history and you asked to have him back:-o :psyduck:

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1172 on: 17 Nov 2018, 12:37 »

well he had most of the rest of the set already

too bad it wasn't a shiny wilhelm, but better luck next time

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #1173 on: 17 Nov 2018, 12:50 »

Railroad Tycoon 3 because I never had the resources or mechanical skills for model railroads when I was young. :-P
When I was young, I didn't have the money. Now, I don't have the time. When I'm old, I won't have the energy...
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #1174 on: 17 Nov 2018, 14:56 »

Oh, don't say that, Science Fairy!  :-o
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1175 on: 17 Nov 2018, 14:59 »

I started playing Serious Sam yet again, and gang i'm only playing on Hard difficulty and it's really making me work for it

dang it's so good at what it does, though

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1176 on: 23 Nov 2018, 16:05 »

I've got this old PS1 game called "Rascal". It's pretty weird.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1177 on: 24 Nov 2018, 12:04 »

Been hitting those dusty trails in Red Dead 2. Some times while playing I'll just ride my horse around for fun, maybe go hunting but mostly just exploring

Some fool tried stealing my horse when I was helping him, went into Dead Eye and blew his head off before he could even get this bearings. So far I've only been thrown by my horse once, and that was because a crocodile popped up out of no where on us. He didn't even flinch as wolves run up to us

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1178 on: 25 Nov 2018, 09:06 »

I think I am going to finally get a next gen console and pick up the Nintendo switch. I know I want to get Breath of the Wild and play a lot of the Nintendo classic games (original Zelda!) but does anyone have any recommendations for the switch? I saw that Lets Go Pikachu (Evee) is a recreation of Gen 1 pokemon (red/blue) but with a pokemon go style catching system and motion controls. Looked interesting.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1179 on: 25 Nov 2018, 09:14 »

I mean, depends on how you see yourself using the system of course. We had fun with the new mario party last night, though the extra money for enough controllers for everyone, yadda yadda.

most of the mainline games are good. mario odyssey a specific plus. and the new Smash coming soon should be a hoot

If you didn't play Undertale yet (or maybe even if you did), i hear the switch port is good times

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1180 on: 25 Nov 2018, 09:47 »

Fallout 76. There is a good game in there. Yes, it's buried under typical Bethesda bugs, and company's first time making an online game issues, a typical amount of 'full price game with cash shop' greed, unfinished game on release problems and some just plain stupid decisions. But it's still a Fallout game with a ton of stuff to do and explore.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1181 on: 25 Nov 2018, 15:01 »

I think I am going to finally get a next gen console and pick up the Nintendo switch. I know I want to get Breath of the Wild and play a lot of the Nintendo classic games (original Zelda!) but does anyone have any recommendations for the switch? I saw that Lets Go Pikachu (Evee) is a recreation of Gen 1 pokemon (red/blue) but with a pokemon go style catching system and motion controls. Looked interesting.

Here's a Kotaku article for what they think are the 12 best Switch games to get, at least gives you something to think about

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1182 on: 26 Nov 2018, 14:07 »

Red Dead 2 is probably going to be my next actual game purchase, only my second purchase and third ownership of the current gen.

Also probably be my second play of anything current gen, given I never touched Witcher III. Without a 12-hour day to break the spine of the gameplay I've got no hope of finding time to work on that shit.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #1183 on: 27 Nov 2018, 02:43 »

Fallout 76. There is a good game in there. Yes, it's buried under typical Bethesda bugs, and company's first time making an online game issues, a typical amount of 'full price game with cash shop' greed, unfinished game on release problems and some just plain stupid decisions. But it's still a Fallout game with a ton of stuff to do and explore.

I seem to be the only one of my friends who likes it. There are definitely issues, not least the utter lack of storage meaning I'm having to stop and scrap items every 5 minutes, but it's probably the most challenging  Fallout game I've played
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1184 on: 27 Nov 2018, 09:35 »

Red Dead 2 is probably going to be my next actual game purchase, only my second purchase and third ownership of the current gen.

Also probably be my second play of anything current gen, given I never touched Witcher III. Without a 12-hour day to break the spine of the gameplay I've got no hope of finding time to work on that shit.

I'm finding that not having a lot of money and mostly relying on the library means I own very few games compared to when I was younger. Though I have played most of the current AAA releases, at least the ones I want to

I still have more Wii and 360 games sitting on my shelf than I do Wii U or X1

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #1185 on: 28 Nov 2018, 15:19 »

Bugs and things fixed in Fallout 76:

December 4, 2018

Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
  • December 11, 2018The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
  • [/l]

I'm really loving this game tbh. So much fun
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1186 on: 29 Nov 2018, 06:49 »

look i don't want to make a big thing about it because HEY if you're enjoying F76 then that's fine, I enjoyed older versions of No Man's Sky after all.

but

but

whyyyyyyy is this game not still in beta oh my god

(we know why)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1187 on: 29 Nov 2018, 07:54 »

100% agree, and I said the same since they announced it and I realized it was in no way going to be ready for a November launch. Especially since the 'beta' was for a few days in late October. The game needed at least 6 months, maybe up to a year in development... but the mindset for 'live service' games is 'Get it out now, we'll fix it later'.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1188 on: 05 Dec 2018, 12:21 »

I tried getting back into Destiny 2 with the recent Black Armory DLC...but there isn't much there. I was hoping it would help get my light level up but all the content starts out at 600 and increases from there. I dropped the game cause there wasn't enough to keep me interested enough to grind to 600, or at least grind enough to do the new raid. Whelp, back to continuing Red Dead 2

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1189 on: 10 Dec 2018, 13:38 »

I don't suppose anyone's playing the new Soul Calibur?

tragically i have not because i am not a cool kid, but i did make a very dumb thing

(click to show/hide)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1190 on: 10 Dec 2018, 16:28 »

I do not understand that reference, but I did read a lot about the amusing shenanigans you can get up to with the game's character creator. Like horny lizard lads, a giant rainbow cube and a terrifying amalgam of Geralt and his horse.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1191 on: 10 Dec 2018, 19:28 »

It's something of an esoteric reference outside of the U.S. I imagine, and I increasingly so inside it I'd guess. Ernest P. Worrell for more information.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #1192 on: 13 Dec 2018, 03:19 »

Been an EVE Online player for a few years now, and I've always appreciated just how talented the games fans can be making content for and about it, but this one is the best I've seen in a while, fully showcasing the scale and beauty of probably one of the best MMO's ever made.

Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1193 on: 01 Jan 2019, 18:20 »

I finally finished the main story in Red Dead Redemption 2

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1194 on: 06 Jan 2019, 21:19 »

Been playing Zelda breath of the Wild a lot. May I just say Fuck the Yiga clan!? Seriously. Fuck those guys.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1195 on: 13 Jan 2019, 12:28 »

Been playing Sypro Reignited and am already on the third game. I've played this trilogy a dozen times but this has made me fall in love with it again. It's a very pretty redesign but still hits my nostalgia bone.
My main gripe is the inconsistent captions/subtitles. I always play games with subtitles and it's so weird to me that the makers decided it wasn't worth subtitling the whole game but they did some of it.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1196 on: 18 Jan 2019, 17:42 »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly - a standalone mod (meaning you don't need the original game) of Stalker: Call of Pripyat, the last of the trilogy.

The 1.5 Beta version was released Christmas, and weeeeeeeeeee! Very heavily modded engine, looks sweet, and pretty much every aspect of the game-mechanics has been opened up, reassembled and built better than before ... many times over (actually, Anomaly is a mod of a mod of a modpack of a mod, running on an open-source 64bit version of the original engine).

Currently No.1 on moddb (link above).

"Get out of here, Stalker ..."

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1197 on: 20 Jan 2019, 14:01 »

Finally put down Red Dead 2...and picked up Smash Bros. Ultimate

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1198 on: 23 Jan 2019, 18:14 »

Made this beast in Factorio. Using it to spearhead my path to try to reach the edge of the map.

Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1199 on: 07 Feb 2019, 11:15 »

The Overwatch team is riding again, and we've been putting in more effort on being a competitive team. We've been putting off the jump from Quickplay to Competitive, and honestly part of that is because varying skill levels probably means we can't all play together once we're ranked. But it's been fun playing with the gang again, and working on our battle communication and teamwork. We'll never be very serious, but we don't need to be.

in addition, one of my friends repaired and upgraded his rig, so today i just got done rearranging my system with his cast-offs. which... frankly puts me up to the grade i was talking about buying in the hardware thread, more or less. need to get more RAM, but memory's cheap. we'll see if I can get more than 12-15 fps average with this new video card, if I could get closer to 30 that would... improve my performance ceiling, we'll say.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up