THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 01:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 339838 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #750 on: 06 Aug 2016, 06:22 »

I have Mordeheim and play it occasionally. It's just that I have so many things calling my attention these days. Right now I'm playing my least favorite game "What is it about the new patch that broke my Fallout 4 saves and how can I recover them?"

TheEvilDog

« Reply #751 on: 06 Aug 2016, 09:42 »

Right now I'm playing my least favorite game "What is it about the new patch that broke my Fallout 4 saves and how can I recover them?"

Ah yes, that old game. I gave up when it became "Ah new patch and why are all the textures stretched out like greyed out spaghetti?"

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #752 on: 08 Aug 2016, 02:03 »

My girlfriend and I have been playing shitty Wii games to entertain ourselves. We are getting a lot of mileage out of Wheel Of Fortune, which is an absolute piece of shit but fun as hell. I got her Monopoly for her birthday and we're getting bags of fun out of that as well, playing against two bots on various difficulty settings.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #753 on: 08 Aug 2016, 04:19 »

Fallout Shelter on the PC - Deceptively simple to get into, fantastically difficult to master and seemingly coded for the maximum irritation and addiction.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #754 on: 08 Aug 2016, 07:30 »

I got her Monopoly for her birthday and we're getting bags of fun out of that as well, playing against two bots on various difficulty settings.

Silly me.  I thought that Monopoly was the only thing that broke up more families than infidelity.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #755 on: 08 Aug 2016, 07:35 »

Monopoly breaks up families. Scrabble starts wars. Catan will be the extinction of humanity.  :evil:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #756 on: 08 Aug 2016, 09:06 »

Articulate and Tension are two really fun board games. I like shouting things.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #757 on: 08 Aug 2016, 09:44 »

Catan will be the extinction of humanity.  :evil:
That's the entire part of Arkham Horror :)
I'm just surprised that I lasted four rounds toe-to-toe with Yog-Sothoth.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #758 on: 08 Aug 2016, 09:47 »

There was a bundlestars "Pick your own genesis bundle" sale not too long ago and I've been playing Toejam & Earl, although now knowing what the hell I'm supposed to do. It's much harder than I'd expect, partly because it's completely random except for the starting level and partly because I find more molemen than presents, and some levels will require you to use certain presents (namely those that allow for large jumps).

Best run so far died at level 18 with 7 out of 10 spaceship parts
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #759 on: 08 Aug 2016, 11:51 »

Monopoly breaks up families. Scrabble starts wars. Catan will be the extinction of humanity.  :evil:

It wouldn't have, if you hadn't been hoarding all the damn brick...

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #760 on: 08 Aug 2016, 12:02 »

Back to Mad Max to finish it up. I got the threat level in each territory down to 0 and apparently i just beat the hardest mission in the game, aka the Stank Gum race. Lord knows I lost many a life during that mission.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #761 on: 08 Aug 2016, 12:40 »

Steam seems insistent on showing me puzzle games and visual novels, despite the fact that I keep clicking "Not Interested".

Just give me a queue of good horror games that I haven't played already!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #762 on: 08 Aug 2016, 14:43 »

Monopoly breaks up families. Scrabble starts wars.l Catan will be the extinction of humanity.  :evil:

It wouldn't have, if you hadn't been hoarding all the damn brick...

I've got wood for sheep!  (I know it's cliched, but I couldn't resist)

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #763 on: 08 Aug 2016, 15:46 »

Steam seems insistent on showing me puzzle games and visual novels, despite the fact that I keep clicking "Not Interested".

Spooky's House of Jumpscares is neat and it's free.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #764 on: 08 Aug 2016, 17:25 »

Have you played Knock-Knock?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #765 on: 10 Aug 2016, 04:51 »

Playing WoW as the new Demon Hunter is surprisingly fun and fast!  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

TheEvilDog

« Reply #766 on: 10 Aug 2016, 09:07 »

Playing WoW as the new Demon Hunter is surprisingly fun and fast!  :-D

I know, I haven't had that much fun since the opening day of WotLK.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #767 on: 17 Aug 2016, 13:04 »

Started (and finished) Absolute Drift. Pretty fun little game, even if it's an entirely different beast from any other racing game I've played.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #768 on: 17 Aug 2016, 20:43 »

Anyone have any point and click puzzle recommendations? Monkey Island and the Blackwell series are things I like and I wound enjoy similar options.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #769 on: 17 Aug 2016, 21:08 »

Alpha Polaris is a decent game by a Finnish company, its a horror P&C set in a Greenland research station. Actually not that scary, but it is a challenging game and it can fill a couple of hours.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #770 on: 18 Aug 2016, 00:57 »

Anyone have any point and click puzzle recommendations? Monkey Island and the Blackwell series are things I like and I wound enjoy similar options.

Day of the Tentacle. Also if you can your hands on it, the Discworld game, although that thing is hard as FUCK.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #771 on: 18 Aug 2016, 05:12 »

No Man's Sky. It's got a fair bit of bad press lately, and not all of it undeserved. But most of it I think was people expecting to much out of the game and seriously over reacting when the image they built up about what it was going to be wasn't realized. But then we are talking about people who thought death threats were an appropriate response to send to the reporter who announced that the game's release would be delayed two weeks...

The game is not particularly complex or deep. You mostly travel from system to system, exploring planets and moons to find resources and technology. There is a quest line, but a lot of it is just wandering and exploring. It borrows some of that sandbox 'make your own goals and find your own enjoyment in it'. Which is not something that appeals to everyone. I find it relaxing and soothing to just hop in my ship and putter around a system for an hour or two.

The game is not for everyone, as I said. And I don't think it really deserves the $60 price tag on it. Maybe it if gets more polish and features after release. But it would be better as a $25-40 game. If you like aimless exploration though, it's a good bit of fun.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #772 on: 29 Aug 2016, 08:27 »

Gemini Rue. The Silent Age.  The Room. J.U.L.I.A. Among The Stars. Primordia. Tormentium.

I uh.... I really like hidden object games too. Some decent point&click hybridized ones out there.

Edit: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. Seriously. Don't care if you've read it or not, go play it.

nellsen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #773 on: 08 Sep 2016, 02:05 »

Recently revisited Assassin's Creed 2, I stopped playing AC ages ago because the quality dive bombed if you ask me (WAY too many releases). AC2 though, what an amazing game, sure it has its issues but it's an absolute gem!

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #774 on: 08 Sep 2016, 06:07 »

Thanks for the suggestions on games. I've noted them down.

I actually just played a creepy point and click called Fran Bow. Very gorey and I found it really fascinating but I was a little disappointed in the ending. Felt abrupt and both too neat and too open.

Now I'm playing The Cat Lady and I'm actually going to be putting up Let's Play videos but in short, it's fucking amazing.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #775 on: 14 Sep 2016, 12:29 »

Shit I forgot about both of those.

The Cat Lady is really fuckin' rad, yes. There's a couple points I'd say where it felt cut, but yes yes yes.

Fran Bow has exactly the problems you said it did. A good effort on its team's part, just really needed another chapter or two.

Further recommendations. Puzzle Bots is a cuter game, decent enough if you can find it on the cheap. Masochisia is... an experience. If you can stomach it.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #776 on: 25 Sep 2016, 11:16 »

[Climbs out of cave]
Horizon 3
[Goes back to cave]

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #777 on: 25 Sep 2016, 15:10 »

Back to Destiny for the Rise of Iron.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #778 on: 25 Sep 2016, 18:43 »

Back to Fallout 4. Not for the DLC, I just ever got around to finish the game because I wanted to complete as much as possible before picking a side.
Finished it with Minutemen, saved Danse and Glory but bugged out and neither of them are able to be interacted with. Still friendly with Railroad and just doing radiant quests for them now.
Gonna go back and finish with Railroad, then with Brotherhood, then with Institute. Not gonna do a completionist's run of any of those, just gonna rush through the story parts
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #779 on: 02 Oct 2016, 13:03 »

Just finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Overall, I found it a very worthy successor to HR and don't feel I wasted a single cent. It's not quite up there with MGS-V, but the mechanics are good and the storytelling excellent. I found the story missions to be well-rounded and exciting and easily got into this "Find every scrap of info, hack every Terminal you can find, LOOT EVERYTHING!!!!"-Deus Ex feeling. And the side-missions are even better than the main ones , some really give you a "Adam Jensen, PI"-feel.

Sneaking/cover system takes a bit getting used to after MGS-V, and has one minor little flaw, but is fluid & intuitive on the whole.

I played "(involuntary) non-lethal"- stealth, maybe because the exp-rewards in HR were so grossly in favour of non-lethal - and to some extend, they still are. Like when you dispose of a guard that stumbles over you in Counter-Strike "Two in the body, one ..."-fashion, you get e.g. +30 exp, while a non-lethal takedown from behind earns you +50. 

Which is a bit frustrating, since I'm one of those people who really can't resist the F5-key. IMO, that's one thing - the save-system and the rewards-system - that MGS-V does better: You still have an incentive to go stealth, but what's better than going stealth, being found out at the last friggin' moment, and having to shoot your way through?
DX subtly primes you to reload often, especially whilst hacking, and that sadly takes a bit of those "190 BPM heartrate" moments out of the game.

It has some little issues technically, if I'm correct - it really takes a lot of RAM, and the loading-bar between areas reminded me of the good old C64 times.
Ran it on a i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 960 and had some "reload-freezes" - like the framerate is totally fine, but it just "hangs" for a split second every so often.

The really bad shit from the first days that earned it so much flak on STEAM seems to be largely repaired - I had no crashes, and no mouseaccel (I use a reg-fix, though).
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #780 on: 28 Oct 2016, 01:13 »

The Dark Souls 3 DLC, Ashes of Ariandel is out. I'm having a blast, because, frankly, more Dark Souls is always good, but the level design is a good deal better than even the great vanilla DS3 design and my buddy and I are having lots of fun exploring the snow fields and stumbling upon rotten ruins filled with its inhabitants of questionable loyalty. The game is perfect, the DLC improves on that in every conceivable way.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #781 on: 06 Nov 2016, 06:43 »

First time in 2 decades I bought a flightsim: IL-2 Sturmovik ...

Man, aileron & rudder coordination is hard with a Thrustmaster X HOTAS. I trained for a gliding-plane license about 20y back, and even in a regular plane it ain't easy, but this? I have no money right now for rudder pedals, so the slider on the throttle will have to do for a while ...

I kinda thought (simulated) props were easier to fly than Jets (The times when I'd gladly spent days studying manuals to learn how to operate a modern radar system are long gone) ... Boy, was I wrong. Took me two days to successfully complete a friggin' "Platzrunde" without crashing - something I've done 120 times for real in a Glider, without even breathing hard. Especially the BF-109 is hard to fly smoothly - nervous as a race-horse, reacts to every input instantaneously. You can make it do a flip forward simply by revving the engine too fast on take-off. Not to mention the friggin' torque this monster-engine creates, and that you constantly have to correct for. Speaking of correcting - no trim in the 109   :cry:

It's easy to forget that those old warbirds, like the 109, or the Spitfire, were actually militarised racing planes - the aeronautic equivalent of Nascar-racers. And I'm still cheating - I have the complete engine-control (mixture, cooling, blade angle etc.) on auto; something that the Fw-190 first had of all the WW-II birds.

Shooting Migs down, though - no problem, for some reason. I mean, I wiggle & tumble my way across the sky like a drunkard - but a few Hi/low-g yoyos and I'm behind them.

And I just discovered that the "collectors"-planes cost 20€ - so much for flying a sexy 190.  :x

"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #782 on: 06 Nov 2016, 19:08 »

Has anyone else played the alpha/early-access for We Happy Few? I played it for a bit and I'm really enjoying it. I know there's plenty of dystopian/survival/horror games out there, but still.
Basically 1984 meets Bioshock with a survival element that's almost Oregon Trail-level difficult. Had me really creeped out but I didn't want to stop playing. Loved it.
Anyone else played it? Would love to see your takes on it
~She/Her/They/Them~

TheEvilDog

« Reply #783 on: 06 Nov 2016, 19:20 »

I want to play it, but I'm a little burned out on Early Access games at the moment. I mean, the concept is interesting and the look really reminds me of the Prisoner tv show starring Patrick McGoohan, which I always enjoyed. But at the same time, I don't really want to pay €30 for half a game right now.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #784 on: 07 Nov 2016, 18:06 »

30 Euros? Shit? it's only equivalent to 20 here. I didn't buy, they give you a free hour to play before you make up your mind.
I will buy when it comes out, but you never know when that will be.

In other game dev news, there's finally more on Mass Effect Andromeda! (EEeeeeeeeeeeee!)

They're angling for an early 2017 release. Whatever the game turns out to be, there's no way I'm not buying it. I'm too emotionally invested in the ME universe

Undeniably, that trailer feels very Halo 4/UNSC Infinity, but eh.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #785 on: 08 Nov 2016, 04:02 »

Undeniably, that trailer feels very Halo 4/UNSC Infinity, but eh.

Sheppuuuurd! What's Shia le Boeuf doing in ME?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #786 on: 08 Nov 2016, 06:27 »

I'm... strange on Mass Effect. I love the universe and I love the characters... But I've never finished a game because I find the combat annoying. Pretty much the same thing can  be said for the Dragon Age series as well. Trying to control a small squad of people in real-time-ish combat just isn't for me I guess. As it stands I've played though the first parts of ME1 and 2, never bought ME3... So I look at the new game as interesting, but I don't know when or if I might get it...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #787 on: 08 Nov 2016, 08:59 »

I'm kinda meh on Mass Effect.
On the one hand, I think Bioware can make great games; on the other, I love science fiction. So you would think that Mass Effect be a match made in heaven for me, but the games just never clicked for me. I don't know what it was, maybe the gameplay, maybe some of the asspulls in the story but whatever that quality might be, I just can't get excited about Mass Effect.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #788 on: 17 Nov 2016, 17:24 »

More like, what will you be playing

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #789 on: 19 Nov 2016, 14:58 »

I'm super late to the BioWare party, but my friend talked me into buying Dragon Age 2 with the promise of having a threesome with an elf and a pirate a couple weeks ago and it's consumed my life ever since. I can't afford any of their other games rigjt now, but I'm content to keep repeating DA2 until I've exhausted every possible option

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #790 on: 25 Nov 2016, 15:40 »

Does anybody here play "The Division"? It's 50% off on Steam's autumn sale and I'm thinking about getting it - but the 'pay through your nose for expansions'-scheme they're running is kind of a turnoff.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #791 on: 28 Nov 2016, 18:29 »

I got Tales of Symphonia back in the steam summer sale but I didn't start the game until now. The game's fun but it's a technical trainwreck. Have any of you got this game and toyed around with the TSF thingy on the steam forums?

I mean, last time I ran the game the computer hard-crashed after exiting the game so...

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #792 on: 28 Nov 2016, 18:47 »

Finishing the 3rd trail on the second island in Pokemon Moon. Not sure how but the called in Castform was wrecking my Trumbeak

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #793 on: 29 Nov 2016, 05:29 »

Finishing the 3rd trail on the second island in Pokemon Moon. Not sure how but the called in Castform was wrecking my Trumbeak

(click to show/hide)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #794 on: 29 Nov 2016, 05:31 »

How dare you, Sam is a valued member of my team and soon she'll evolve into a Toucannon and the pun will be complete

TheEvilDog

« Reply #795 on: 29 Nov 2016, 11:20 »

Picked up Dragon's Dogma during Steam's weekend sale.

As fun on the PC as it was on the PS3.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #797 on: 27 Dec 2016, 07:16 »

Some mighty good looking stuff in there.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #798 on: 29 Dec 2016, 08:39 »

Last couple of weeks have been kinda stressful, so I've been playing Besiege. Its a block physics based game where you have to build vehicles to complete objectives, that could include anything from catapults to some ramshackle contraption that looks like it belongs in an old Roadrunner cartoon. There isn't really a story to it, just various objectives, but the real fun comes in the sheer amount of ideas available to you. And there is a very talented community on Steam, making all kinds of vehicles and things the developers didn't expect, like Transforming vehicles. Give it a try.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #799 on: 02 Jan 2017, 11:31 »

When Sun and Moon dropped I decided that it was as good a moment as any other to begin my pokemon journey so I picked up an emulator and FireRed. Been playing it a bunch and enjoying it, a bit grindy at parts because of how experience works but pretty fun. Now I'm on my way to catch a Zapdos.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Up