THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 343252 times)

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #100 on: 22 Sep 2014, 00:15 »

I got Civ V yesterday, then proceeded to play it from 17:00 to 00:00 (with about an hour break for food). This is not good.
Don't worry, that's totally normal.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #101 on: 22 Sep 2014, 06:13 »

Rotating between playing Fallen Enchantress ...

FE:Legendary Heroes?  Such a good game.  I almost got back into it yesterday.

I got Civ V yesterday, then proceeded to play it from 17:00 to 00:00 (with about an hour break for food). This is not good.

I'm playing Casimir on level 4.  I think this might wind up being my first "neutral" diffiiculty win.  Got Great Library, 3 cities on a river for gardens, and am pushing Tourism as hard as I can.  I'm also first or second in military right now, so that might help.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #102 on: 22 Sep 2014, 06:18 »

For some reason I am incapable of achieving the new Cultural Victory (Tourism etc.). I got the old one (Utopia Project) easy but since the last addon I can't manage to get the new one. I usually play on king difficutly, I think that's 5? Anyway, I can manage to get every victory except for cultural on this difficulty and it annoys me so much.

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #103 on: 22 Sep 2014, 06:22 »

That's about par for the course with Civilization games. Prepare to lose huge chunks of your life to its greatness.

I've got a real soft spot for the Civilization games, I've gotta admit. One of my first gaming memories is my dad teaching me how to play. I was terrible, but I was hooked.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #104 on: 22 Sep 2014, 06:48 »

For some reason I am incapable of achieving the new Cultural Victory (Tourism etc.). I got the old one (Utopia Project) easy but since the last addon I can't manage to get the new one. I usually play on king difficutly, I think that's 5? Anyway, I can manage to get every victory except for cultural on this difficulty and it annoys me so much.

Rushing Drama&Poetry, Guilds, Acoustics, then Archaeology help.  Playing Brazil can help a ton - you try to max happiness and get the wonder that extends duration of golden ages.  Tourism seems to be something you need to start on early.  If you get a late start on great works, it can be hard slogging catching up to the cultural civs.

Actually, the fastest tourism win I ever had was high faith, get 2 different faith bulidings (ie cathedrals and pagodas), then take Sacred Sites.  On a wide civ, this can be SO MUCH tourism.  At King difficulty, chances are you won't get 2 faith buildings, but Sacred Sites is still excellent if you have one.

This will be my first tourism try with my writers, musicians and artists guilds all on fresh water (for gardens), so I'm hoping it will go faster.  I also hit a couple of early wonders with great works or theming bonus, so hopefully that will help.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #105 on: 23 Sep 2014, 06:36 »

Man, this is why I suck at SC2 - I'm always forgetting something.

This game on Civ4, playing difficulty 4, I decide to shoot for cultural/tourism victory.  I get 3 cities on fresh water for gardens, rush the writer/artist/musician guild, keep up enough military to keep the aggressive civs off my back (though honestly, this has to be the most pacifist game I've ever been in, everyone loves everyone).  But I forget to finish exploring, and i meet the second continent quite late, wasting some of my early tourism generation.

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
  • Such cool. Post good. Wow.
« Reply #106 on: 23 Sep 2014, 16:04 »

I play Civ 5 exclusively on marathon speed. Doing my first domination victory (King Difficulty/England) and let me tell you it's hard. At war with like 4 different civ,  but i'm currently in the industrial age and getting 513 gold a turn so that's nice.
"Our home is where we are. Our place of origin does not matter"

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #107 on: 23 Sep 2014, 21:12 »

I started playing Thief.  It manages to hold on to the feel of the first games, with shiny new graphics.  Is good.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #108 on: 23 Sep 2014, 21:36 »

I decided to get some relaxation. Gunpoint is fun!
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #109 on: 24 Sep 2014, 04:09 »

I dug out Saint's Row: The Third for PC yesterday. My god I forgot how addictive that game is. :psyduck:
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #110 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:18 »

Picked myself Dungeon of the Endless up on steam today, it's been a weirdly pleasing bit of fun, although I feel like I should have nabbed Broken Age or Kentucky Route Zero.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #111 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:20 »

I dug out Saint's Row: The Third for PC yesterday. My god I forgot how addictive that game is. :psyduck:
I actually liked SR 4 better in the end, but that's like arguing which gold bar you like best out of a pile.

So. Borderlands is okay. Still feels like an MMO, and claptrap makes me want to hurt things.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #112 on: 25 Sep 2014, 06:11 »

I bought Europa Universalis 4 from the humble store the other day.  I've done the tutorials, and can't wait to play a game.

I know grand strategy isn't for everyone, but I thought Crusader Kings 2 was one of the best games I've ever played.  (And one of the funniest)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #113 on: 25 Sep 2014, 08:09 »

I actually liked SR 4 better in the end, but that's like arguing which gold bar you like best out of a pile.

So. Borderlands is okay. Still feels like an MMO, and claptrap makes me want to hurt things.

I'm guessing you aren't going to buy the pre-sequel then, where he's a playable character? :)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #114 on: 26 Sep 2014, 01:45 »

I only bought 1 and 2 cause I had store credit and could get'em for $20 total.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

samuraisc

• Not quite a lurker
  • Laziness and Bad Decisions
« Reply #115 on: 28 Sep 2014, 04:43 »

Just started playing Wasteland 2. I've had access to the beta since it came out, but I avoided it until actual release date. It's so much fun, but it's also kind of face-meltingly difficult. And post apocalyptic stuff is right up my alley.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #116 on: 28 Sep 2014, 08:26 »

It's more a game I'm looking forward to than one I've been playing, but Beyond Earth is looking
(click to show/hide)
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #117 on: 28 Sep 2014, 17:13 »

Been getting a lot of play out of Space Engineers lately. Sandbox game where you mine asteroids for raw materials and build spaceships out of blocks you can make from them. Almost pure sandbox, other than some NPC drone ships you can hijack to either use or breakdown for parts. I've just build a large mining ship that can chew right through the core of any asteroid.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #118 on: 01 Oct 2014, 11:34 »

Huzzah!
My copy of Ultimate Street Fighter 4 has been delivered.  Once I get home I can pick it up from the concierge.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

MegaBarrakuda

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #119 on: 01 Oct 2014, 12:02 »

I bought myself Dark Souls 2 week ago and I haven't sleep since. Who needs life anyway?

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #120 on: 05 Oct 2014, 10:24 »

Been playing the new Smash Bros. on 3DS! I'm enjoying the hell out of it, even though Mewtwo got snubbed yet again. Still, can't complain with so many other characters to choose...

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #121 on: 05 Oct 2014, 14:39 »

Still playing Borderlands... it's not bad, but I see where Yahtzee was coming from when he says it feels like a slightly bland, boring MMO. Could use some enemy variety and terrain variety beyond "shooting Jason Vorhees in a scrap yard"

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #122 on: 05 Oct 2014, 19:22 »

Still playing Borderlands... it's not bad, but I see where Yahtzee was coming from when he says it feels like a slightly bland, boring MMO. Could use some enemy variety and terrain variety beyond "shooting Jason Vorhees in a scrap yard"

I'll agree with you on that.  To be honest, the game was getting stale for me, then some friends informed me that they play, and we all got on together.  That was a lot more fun.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #123 on: 05 Oct 2014, 19:40 »

I've been playing the mess out of SSB for 3DS.  I played it so much yesterday my hands cramped up from being curled around my 3DS. 
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

TheDan

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #124 on: 08 Oct 2014, 17:48 »

I love checking out a lot of old school games, especially stuff that I missed out on. I tried my hand at some of the old Sierra adventure games recently (Space Quest, Kings Quest, etc). Needless to say, I died. Pretty quickly. And hilariously. But it was pretty interesting.

I definitely want to get the new Smash Bros. I'll probably get a WiiU when the game comes out for it.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #125 on: 08 Oct 2014, 18:05 »

The smaller screen does detract from it a bit, but that may be because I'm playing on the original 3DS and not the 3DS XL but still, it's hella fun.  I love how I can just take out my DS and get a few 5 minute smashes in while I'm on my 15s.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #126 on: 09 Oct 2014, 15:13 »

Back into the FFX remake for a bit.  Getting close to the end, I hope.

Netrunner

• Plantmonster
  • I've got too much blood in my caffeine system...
« Reply #127 on: 10 Oct 2014, 12:22 »

New-ish person, here.

I just finished Wolfenstein: the new order. Was excellent. I'm currently playing Deadpool (it's dumb in all the right ways.) and getting my ass kicked in Shadows of Mordor (Christ, the difficulty in this game can jump unexpectedly.). And that's in between playing Final Fantasy 14. (Batzmaru Baruha on Excalibur server, if anyone plays.) I also play smatterings of Smite, LoL and Infinite Crisis.

Looking forward to the Borderlands Pre-sequel and the new Dragon Age, thought I want to replay the first two in order to both give myself some time to have money and to see what the reviews say.

Non electronic, I play as much Android Netrunner as I possibly can.
Never run on your last click.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #128 on: 14 Oct 2014, 09:29 »

In between Destiny runs, 3 friends and I got into the co-op for Farcry 3 (something 2 of us had never done before) and up until the server kicked us all out and started lagging like crazy, we had a great time.  That was really a lot of fun, and I had no idea.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #129 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:37 »

Aerobat. There's only an outdated beta build (free to download) but it's so good. My high score is 22800.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #130 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:44 »

Civ 5....eagerly awaiting Civ:Beyond Earth
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #131 on: 14 Oct 2014, 15:27 »

Alright folks (on the Xbox 360), time to put down Destiny and join me on Pandora's moon in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #132 on: 14 Oct 2014, 19:30 »

Alright folks (on the Xbox 360), time to put down Destiny and join me on Pandora's moon in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

I so want to, but am unable at the moment.  As soon as possible, I will be doing that.  :)

My blog

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #133 on: 14 Oct 2014, 23:27 »

Time to go back to Dragon Age Origins to finish prepping for Inquisition. Oooh Far Cry 4 too!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #134 on: 15 Oct 2014, 00:51 »

Here's me wishing I had a machine that could make these games work

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #135 on: 21 Oct 2014, 18:34 »

Sat down with Shadows blah blah Mordor tonight.

Mm....

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #136 on: 21 Oct 2014, 19:13 »

I haven't got the money for Shadow of Mordor yet, but I am so freaking excited for it
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #137 on: 22 Oct 2014, 06:35 »

Just broke out Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the first time in a while.  Trying to get everything without resorting to cheating but it's so hard waiting for time.  It's just a jump to the left...

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #138 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:21 »

I have been playing Civilization since Civ 3 and I must honestly say that I liked 4 the least of all, dunno why. I'm really looking forward to Beyond Earth, though.
Civilization in Space?
Didn't that used to be called Sid Myers's Alpha Centari?

I've been playing the first Risen on 360, stupid gnomes keep one-shotting me, they've killed me more times than I can remember.

Just bought GTA 5 last Saturday.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2014, 12:31 by SubaruStephen »
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #139 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:26 »

I play a lot of games on and off, most common being Trackmania since the 19th of January of 2006, but as of late, Borderlands 2.

So much.

So very much.

Did you know that you can have a sniper that literally fires storms? It's awesome in so many levels you can kill a boss or two with that.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #140 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:46 »

The Last Of Us. Partner played it already and is watching me play it and he's finding it really interesting how I'm interpreting and doing things differently to him.

Also when I first heard of the game it was from one of my brothers and it took me way too long to realise he wasn't saying, "The Lasdivus".

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #141 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:48 »

My favorite Borderlands 2 gun is the rifle that berates you for using it. Also for not using it. For reloading. For not hitting a target....
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #142 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:56 »

My favorite Borderlands 2 gun is the rifle that berates you for using it. Also for not using it. For reloading. For not hitting a target....

The Morningstar? Fun fact: It's also stupid powerful. Each critical hit adds +60% (additive) critical hit bonus, infintely stackable (but with each stack having its own life timer, making the theoretical maximum 3 or 4 stacks). If you happen to play Sniper Zer0, you can get massive damage with it. And it's also almost laser accurate. Wonderful all around.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #143 on: 13 Nov 2014, 21:01 »

I had a moment of weakness and bought the original copies of Warcraft, Warcraft 2, and Warcraft 2 x-pac.

Here's to hoping I can get it to work on my vista machine when it comes in...

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #144 on: 13 Nov 2014, 21:56 »

People play newish things here!? I'm in a community that's split between ARMA 3, CSGO, and WoW mostly. I myself seem to only play oldish games when I'm not on CSGO, not to mention my xbox broke, so there's that.

BTW civ 3 was the best one.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #145 on: 14 Nov 2014, 06:06 »

Finished the Blade Runner PC game. It's very 90s gameplay.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #146 on: 14 Nov 2014, 11:27 »

Replaying Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon to warm up for Far Cry 4 next week.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #147 on: 14 Nov 2014, 12:03 »

For a localization job I made for Ubi I have FC3 lying around. I might have to buy blood dragon this weekend...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #148 on: 16 Nov 2014, 19:24 »

My girlfriend (a Doctor in microbiology) and I made a virus in Plague:Inc

kryptoknight

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #149 on: 16 Nov 2014, 20:16 »

I'm currently replaying Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II in anticipation for DA: Inquisition.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Up