• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This week on QC...

Now departing the USS MartenClaire *bell rings*
- 122 (56.7%)
Jephizba trolls us all, hallowed be the trollmaster's name.
- 32 (14.9%)
Spatheham and Clairemom Pancakes
- 7 (3.3%)
A solid week of Steve eating cereal
- 9 (4.2%)
Martenmom and Clairemom team up and fight crime/meddle in their children's personal lives
- 45 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Voting closed: 09 Oct 2014, 22:04

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2806-2810 (6th - 10th October 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 322903 times)

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

[REDACTED]

There are like, a hundred other ways to have sex. God forbid two lovers might need to overcome a challenge with tenderness and creativity.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014, 09:42 by AprilArcus »

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined

This is what happens when I am away from the net for three days. TL;DNR

Sadly if you try and squeeze a regular hat on Claire her hair poofs and it flies off.
If you try and put a tiny hat on Claire's head a squirrel pops out and steals it.
This had me thinking about Misako Kurata from "Childs Toy" though in her case it was either a chipmunk or a squirrel, depending on the translation.
(click to show/hide)
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Thedrd0nna

• Plantmonster
  • Not actually a doctor

*This was a snide joke (I am a being composed entirely of facetiousness), but I'm deleting it just to be sure I respect the rules.*
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014, 09:24 by Thedrd0nna »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I sure hope that Cochise post is gone soon.

Anyway.

Kinda disappointed in your spoiler, Gareth. I fully expected a woman with some truly resplendent body hair. ;)

Probably photoshopped, but fuck it, that's what five seconds of Googling gets me.

Couldn't even find PJ Harvey on the cover of NME. I mean seriously fuck NME but at least that cover was cool.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

kryptoknight

• Emoticontraindication

Clairemom might just prefer not to wear her glasses when eating.  Some people are like that.  I'm near-sighted and the only times I don't wear my glasses is when I am reading something close-up or when I'm eating.  Somehow it's just more comfortable without them.  I don't know if I can really explain it.

Personally as a loudly self professed geek and a long time gamer comic 134 has always kind of put me on edge.  I can't help getting pissed off every time I read Faye's comment.  It plays into the ongoing stereotype that geeks and gamers are doomed to be eternal awkward virgins.  It's a stereotype that just really pushes my buttons. 

PS: Preeeeetty sure we're not supposed to be speculating on the mechanics involved in sex between Marten and Claire guys.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

I am not gonna dig through 20+ pages to find the quote of whoever said it (It might have been in another thread), but to whoever posited that the relationship between Claire and Marten would be difficult because of how different they are, and mentioned that "Claire is a geek, whereas Marten isn't" can I just present this: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=134#

Oh my god I forgot Marten was an RPG/wargamer. My thousands of dollars and hours spent on my mini collection is vindicated by this moment. For the emprah!

So then if I have a forgeworld army does that make me like doubly vindicated?

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Moderator Comment I don't have time to sort through the posts right now, but there is a new stickied post which you should read.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

I am not gonna dig through 20+ pages to find the quote of whoever said it (It might have been in another thread), but to whoever posited that the relationship between Claire and Marten would be difficult because of how different they are, and mentioned that "Claire is a geek, whereas Marten isn't" can I just present this: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=134#

Oh my god I forgot Marten was an RPG/wargamer. My thousands of dollars and hours spent on my mini collection is vindicated by this moment. For the greater good!*
FTFY. 

I, too, hate the stereotypes that come along with being a gamer/geek/etc., but of all the negative stereotypes out there, I see way this one reinforced every time I go to a convention.  It's kind of sad, really.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

Sadly if you try and squeeze a regular hat on Claire her hair poofs and it flies off.

If you try and put a tiny hat on Claire's head a squirrel pops out and steals it.

No squirrel needed: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2360

Of course, if Claire ever does get a haircut, we'll probably see all sorts of things scattered among the curls on the salon floor... I suppose a squirrel or chipmunk may have been trapped there accidentally, along with assorted leaves, dandelion seeds, candy wrappers, etc. (cue Emily: "So THAT's where my ring went!").
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Lines

• Awakened

Garbage.

Global Moderator Comment  We have said repeatedly that this line of discussion is unacceptable. Do. Not. Speculate. About. Claire's. Parts
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

Of course, if Claire ever does get a haircut, we'll probably see all sorts of things scattered among the curls on the salon floor... I suppose a squirrel or chipmunk may have been trapped there accidentally, along with assorted leaves, dandelion seeds, candy wrappers, etc. (cue Emily: "So THAT's where my ring went!").

Damn, you beat me to it!  :-D
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

kryptoknight

• Emoticontraindication

Maybe I just don't go to the right kind of conventions.  I usually go to Comic-Con (Which is really more of all all-encompassing pop culture convention these days than a comic convention but that's a whole other convo.) and I rarely see that many people who lend credence to that stereotype.  Maybe the more gaming centric conventions have a different crowd.

Also, I'm fairly confident that if anyone tried to cut Claire's hair it would simply break the clippers/scissors.  That girl has some THICK hair.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

And so is the secret behind Claire's hair. She didn't want to grow it long, she just can't afford the diamond shears to cut it...

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood

There are like, a hundred other ways to have sex.

This and a lot of stuff that has gone before remind me of the story of how Queen Victoria's government made homosexuality illegal for men only, because the Queen couldn't see how it was possible for women to "do it" and her MP's were all too embarrassed to explain.

But we're in the 21st century now, FFS!
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Amusing story :) However, I think it is best we stop that direction of thought.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

I'm convinced that Claire's floofy hair is actually a sentient organism and the first time Marten does that whole 'resting chin on her head' thing that couples like to do when they're snuggling it'll attach itself to his face and Marten will finally have that bitchin' beard that just cannot grow.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

BenRG

• coprophage

No squirrel needed: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2360

You know, it's Marten's expression in the last panel that sells this strip. "I turn my back on these damn kids for just one minute!" he seems to be saying.
~~~~

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

I'm convinced that Claire's floofy hair is actually a sentient organism and the first time Marten does that whole 'resting chin on her head' thing that couples like to do when they're snuggling it'll attach itself to his face and Marten will finally have that bitchin' beard that just cannot grow.

Yeah, as if Marten's grown up enough that he wouldn't scream like someone in Norman Bates' shower.
Middleways: webcomic / graphic novel / obsession

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

Claire's hair is obviously an eldritch horror from beyond space and time. Clairethulhu fhtagn.  :claireface:
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

And so is the secret behind Claire's hair. She didn't want to grow it long, she just can't afford the diamond shears to cut it...
Besides, there isn't a crafting recipe for diamond shears, just iron shears.

BenRG

• coprophage

Wait. Someone will do the mod sooner or later.
~~~~

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

We're working on the technology.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

The real question is if claire gets it cut will she get the hairstylist that is making the hair tunnel.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Maybe Invar shears will work?

Netrunner

• Plantmonster
  • I've got too much blood in my caffeine system...

Great, now I want a QC minecraft server. I don't even play minecraft anymore.
Never run on your last click.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!

I'll mention it to my son. He's eager to learn programming so that he can create Minecraft mods. He's planning to make the "Random Bizarre Stuff That Sounds Cool to a 9-Year-Old Kid" mod.

We have one. Check the thread in the "Click" forum.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Smallest

• Curry sauce

The real question is if claire gets it cut will she get the hairstylist that is making the hair tunnel.

That could end in tragedy, if Hairdresser ever gets someone to go in.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

I'll mention it to my son. He's eager to learn programming so that he can create Minecraft mods. He's planning to make the "Random Bizarre Stuff That Sounds Cool to a 9-Year-Old Kid" mod.

We have one. Check the thread in the "Click" forum.

The rent is lapsing soon though.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

iandanger

• Emoticontraindication

Oh my god I forgot Marten was an RPG/wargamer. My thousands of dollars and hours spent on my mini collection is vindicated by this moment. For the greater good!*
FTFY. 

I, too, hate the stereotypes that come along with being a gamer/geek/etc., but of all the negative stereotypes out there, I see way this one reinforced every time I go to a convention.  It's kind of sad, really.

Dealing with the community online is almost worse, people who despise inclusiveness come out of the woodwork so fast, God forbid the topic of female space marines comes up and the descent into madness is swift.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

FTFY. 

Dealing with the community online is almost worse, people who despise inclusiveness come out of the woodwork so fast, God forbid the topic of female space marines comes up and the descent into madness is swift.

Boy tell me about it.  It's one of the reasons I've almost quit WoW completely and is one of the two reasons why I don't play 40k or M:tG anymore (the other being cost).

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

Oh my god I forgot Marten was an RPG/wargamer. My thousands of dollars and hours spent on my mini collection is vindicated by this moment. For the emprah!

No, only when you have a Chaos Dwarf army can you be vindicated. (I like big hats and I can't deny...)

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Netrunner

• Plantmonster
  • I've got too much blood in my caffeine system...

[No, only when you have a Chaos Dwarf army can you be vindicated. (I like big hats and I can't deny...)

Or 4000 points of Squats.
Never run on your last click.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined

Depending on the system.

DnD 3.5 Core Rules as well as a 1890's gaslight variant both had adamantine shears of sharpness - ware you lose a loose wiggly or sticky-outy bit with those.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Edit: looks like what I said wasnt posted

In my warhammer fantasy group one of the guys actually has a full chaos dwarf army. I only got my lowly Death Korps of Krieg and a few forgeworld knights

My friend actually has one. I just have a lowly death korp army with a few forgeworld knights

No, only when you have a Chaos Dwarf army can you be vindicated. (I like big hats and I can't deny...)
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014, 11:53 by Ustrello »

iandanger

• Emoticontraindication

[No, only when you have a Chaos Dwarf army can you be vindicated. (I like big hats and I can't deny...)

Mmmmmm, tasty

/hivemind

Smashwidget

• Emoticontraindication

Too bad the Commissar assassinated every single Squat in the galaxy.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Great job man

Well, dang, son.

Btw mate

I don't have the spoons to articulate an eloquent position on the pernicious assumption that is the "masculine default", so I'm just going to quote Claire:

barry thelawyer

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

hurf burf I'm an idiot
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014, 11:44 by jeph »

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

Wow that was fast.  I think in the three seconds it took me click back to the topic that tool was gone.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

hurf burf I'm an idiot
« Last Edit: Today at 11:44 AM by jeph »

<3

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss

Dammit I was gonna replace the text with

Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Great job man

Well, dang, son.

Btw mate

I don't have the spoons to articulate an eloquent position on the pernicious assumption that is the "masculine default", so I'm just going to quote Claire:

Believe it or not latin was an extremely masculine language and you see that in all languages that have a roots in latin much like english. So I wouldnt take it that hard

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Believe me, as a trans woman being refered to with male pronouns all day long, even innocently, is extreme aggravating and wearying. That's why I default to 'they' if I'm not sure of a person's gender.

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

Like so many things in a male-dominated society, it's a learning process.  First you figure out what shit is, then you notice you're standing in it, then you learn to go around it.

I'm doing better at not standing in it, and I apologize in advance if I track it on your rug.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Believe it or not latin was an extremely masculine language and you see that in all languages that have a roots in latin much like english. So I wouldnt take it that hard

Thanks for that, sister.

No problem, its learning how to not take things at face value. Its an important life lesson

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

No problem, its learning how to not take things at face value. Its an important life lesson

Oh life, will your important lessons never cease?

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Oh life, will your important lessons never cease?

Never

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

Life is the worst teacher ever.  Not only can the classes start at any time of the day you don't even get a chance to study. 

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Life is the worst teacher ever.  Not only can the classes start at any time of the day you don't even get a chance to study.

Could be worse life could teach you like Socrates

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

"I drank what?"

- Socrates
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up