• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This week on QC...

Now departing the USS MartenClaire *bell rings*
- 122 (56.7%)
Jephizba trolls us all, hallowed be the trollmaster's name.
- 32 (14.9%)
Spatheham and Clairemom Pancakes
- 7 (3.3%)
A solid week of Steve eating cereal
- 9 (4.2%)
Martenmom and Clairemom team up and fight crime/meddle in their children's personal lives
- 45 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Voting closed: 09 Oct 2014, 22:04

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2806-2810 (6th - 10th October 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 312547 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

However, without ovaries to produce an egg, this becomes harder. (IIRC, essentially what has to be done is, get a donor egg, REMOVE the DNA from it, add the DNA from one sperm (better make sure it's an X somehow, too, you don't want to end up with a YY baby), which would be absurdly difficult. Then fertilize that egg.) I mean, it's hypothetically possible, but...

And then you still have the issue of mitochondrial DNA, which sperm don't carry...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Of course invisible self-aware fighter-bombers, anthropomorphic AIs and town-sized permanently-crewed space stations with artificial gravity are also absurdly difficult and expensive, yet E-C seem to have achieved them.

That's mostly computer science and physics, though, not biology. While the general technology level might be a good deal higher, it's possible that the biosciences are less advanced.
What do you know about Pokémon?

cinvid

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yep, came here to say that.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

So, what are we calling this? The Big Squee? The Squeepocalypse? We need to settle this before we can move on.  :-D
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

So, what are we calling this? The Big Squee? The Squeepocalypse? We need to settle this before we can move on.  :-D

"Like and Comfortable", based on Marten's two criteria for going for it.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

TadPrime

• Not quite a lurker

Too direct and decisivefor Marten; this is a Claire dream.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

What worries me is that the technology to allow Tai and Dora, and Claire and Marten now, to have a reasonable number of babies isn't ready. Their kids will be totally adorable. Ellicott-Chatham Technologies better hurry up.
It's coming soon here though. One generation, tops.

Gothenburg, Sweden: The parents of the first baby born to a woman who had a womb transplant say they hope they can be an inspiration to others struggling with infertility.

After what they describe as a rollercoaster of a journey, the unnamed Swedish couple finally became parents last month, when the mother gave birth to a healthy but premature baby boy. For the couple, making history was an afterthought.

"Yes, we're the first to do this, but that's not the important thing," she said during an interview at their home, in an undisclosed part of Sweden. "I want people to know that what they think is impossible can happen."

To mark their baby's birth as a victory over their difficult journey to parenthood, they named him Vincent, meaning "to conquer".

Cradling her sleeping young son, she said she still could not believe she was finally a mother, after being told at 15 that she had no womb and would never carry her own children. Now 36, she was one of nine women to receive a transplanted womb last year in a groundbreaking trial led by Dr Mats Brannstrom, a professor of gynaecology and obstetrics at the University of Gothenburg and Stockholm IVF.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/woman-with-womb-transplant-marvels-at-baby-20141007-10rjo3.html#ixzz3FSVvJis5

Abstract

Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that are present in the embryonic, fetal, and adult stages of life and give rise to differentiated cells that make up the building blocks of tissue and organs. Due to their unlimited source and high differentiation potential, stem cells are considered as potentially new therapeutic agents for the treatment of infertility. Stem cells could be stimulated in vitro to develop various numbers of specialized cells including male and female gametes suggesting their potential use in reproductive medicine. During past few years a considerable progress in the derivation of male germ cells from pluripotent stem cells has been made. In addition, stem cell-based strategies for ovarian regeneration and oocyte production have been proposed as future clinical therapies for treating infertility in women. In this review, we summarized current knowledge and present future perspectives and challenges regarding the use of stem cells in reproductive medicine.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/507234/abs/

Too late for me. But I cheated, so won the biological parental prize anyway.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

BenRG

• coprophage

An alternate prediction for Thursday and Friday's strips:

THURSDAY:
Panel 1: Marten waiting on the porch;
Panel 2: Full-body of Claire in a new wardrobe (maybe a long skirt with a knee-height slit and an off-one-shoulder top and maybe a touch of make-up);
Panel 3: Marten says it's a good new look and Claire replies that's she's celebrating the day by being done with apologising for her femininity;
Panel 4: Marten and Claire walking down a street in Northhampton; Marten makes some Indy-music-reference comment relevant to the theme of 'no apologies' and Claire responds in a way that shows she gets it (yes, she does like Indy music, remember?).

FRIDAY:
Panel 1: Marten and Claire leaving CoD (Faye and Hanners working the counter in the background) with several coffees and an 'Azuma Special', both smiling at each other;
Panel 2: Faye: "Did you see that?" Hanners: "Do you think...?" Dora (on her cell): "Tai! You'll never guess who just breezed through the store looking like teenagers in love!"
Panel 3: Marten and Claire enter the library, hand in hand;
Panel 4: They stop dead, eyes wide at what they see;
Panel 5 (double width): Tai, Emily, Gabby and Momo standing behind the counter, all cheering, under a hastily-produced bedsheet banner: 'Congratulations Lovebirds!'; Emily is throwing confetti into the air.
~~~~

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

That's beautiful, BenRG, but not likely to happen, I think.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts

Unless Clinton makes a sudden appearance, I think this thread has come to a natural end. Marten and Claire need to get off stage for a while. Predictions for the next few days:
  • Wednesday: A+
  • Thursday: Steve eating cereals
  • Friday: Yelling Bird!
  • Monday: Canadian turkeys

aphanisis81

• Furry furrier
  • Grammar is not half as important as clarity.

The technology that Ellicott-Chatham is working on may only apply when at least one partner can produce eggs. Real-world technology exists to fertilize an egg without sperm (although I don't believe it's been proven to be viable yet), and has since 2001: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1431489.stm

However, without ovaries to produce an egg, this becomes harder. (IIRC, essentially what has to be done is, get a donor egg, REMOVE the DNA from it, add the DNA from one sperm (better make sure it's an X somehow, too, you don't want to end up with a YY baby), which would be absurdly difficult. Then fertilize that egg.) I mean, it's hypothetically possible, but...

Of course invisible self-aware fighter-bombers, anthropomorphic AIs and town-sized permanently-crewed space stations with artificial gravity are also absurdly difficult and expensive, yet E-C seem to have achieved them. I've seen things in the strip that suggest a transition in the QC-verse might involve the use of nanorobots to restructure the subject's body in ways a RL transition could never do without hideously expensive re-constructive surgery and organ transplants over a period of several years. However, I think discussion of that would be out of place due to forum rules.

HannerDad is basically the justification for any wacky, light-years-ahead-of-our-time bit of technology Jeph might like to introduce to the strip. And, by extension, for any speculations we might have about what might be possible. The lampshading is easy-peasy: Just have Hanners pop in to say "Oh, that incredibly sophisticated and improbably scientific/tech development? Yeah, my dad made that shit happen."

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving

Dammit, Jeph! You just successfully defrosted my otherwise cold, bitter heart!

Seriously, I am totally lost for words. The moment is just... too beautiful.
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

CaptainFish

• Larger than most fish
  • GLUB

Yay, Marten dealt with it with tact and confidence, and Claire is totally into it!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

If you start from the assumption that he's only thought about it in the last couple of days (comic time), sure it'd be jarring. But he's had much longer to think about it -- at least since the two of them dozed off in the same bed after the wedding -- and if you look at it in that light, it makes a lot more sense.

One could argue it's bad writing if you have a sudden divergence in a plot, with the explanation that important developments happened off page. 

It also just doesn't make sense considering Marten shares drama on the littlest things, like Emily kissing him on the cheek, with multiple friends. 

So what you're saying is: he's acting too formulaic and not like his true self?

Yeah.  Honestly it feels like fanservice to me.  Jeph knew it would be popular, so he decided to do it (probably around 3-4 weeks ago).  To the extent there was any foreshadowing, it was just so minor compared to what Jeph set up regarding Faye and Dora. 

I mean, I've been reading QC since almost the beginning.  This is just so disappointing to me.  Maybe it wouldn't have been as disappointing to me if I didn't start reading the forums again, because I would have had no idea that people were rooting for this, and probably would have perceived it differently. 

Claire? She trusts him, he trusts her, they're comfortable around each other, and in a moment of vulnerability for both of them (Marten being drunk, Claire having been forced to think about it by Faye), they connect. Claire realizes that she's been attracted to Marten all along, Marten realizes that he's liked Claire all along, and then the next morning... (And, the tension has probably been there on Claire's part since the lake party, and Marten's part since the wedding, I think.)

As I said, there's plenty of reason for it to happen, I just don't like how it happened.  Marten should have bolted out of bed, tried to talk to Faye about what happened for 2-3 strips, maybe tried to talk about it with Steve or Tai, and then done something.  There should have been some hand-wringing involved.  Maybe not about the trans thing, but something.

This.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

A+
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

KOK is absolutely right. A+ it is!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Is... and will be!  :wink:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.

Oh. Good. You're all still here. I read the comic and came in here with the expectation that a nuclear blast of squee had wiped the whole place out.  That there might be a squeecloud of some sort and nothing but rubble...

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Well, after the comic was posted the thread grew by four pages in under four hours; that was about one post a minute.  Now that the US is waking up, I expect the rate to increase again.

BenRG

• coprophage

Well, after the comic was posted the thread grew by four pages in under four hours; that was about one post a minute.  Now that the US is waking up, I expect the rate to increase again.

What, you don't think that they stayed up ultra-late to wait for Jeph to post? :wink:
~~~~

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

Humans have a tremendous capacity for self deception.  In our arrogance we thought we were ready for anything, then one day in 2014 it all changed. That day we discovered that everything we thought we knew didn't amount to anything in the face of what was coming for us. It was the day of the squee. Be afraid.

Edit; Fixed a typo
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2014, 06:14 by valkygrrl »
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

BenRG

• coprophage

Really, the crowning moment of heartwarming for this arc is Claire's little smile in Strip 2808, panel 3. She's suddenly let herself believe that this is really happening and suddenly the day and life itself has totally changed for her.
~~~~

rail

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

interesting that with claire, martin seems to have none of the boss/intern hangups he professed to have with emily.

He's been using that excuse for a while as a way of rationalising why he shouldn't get romantically involved with the interns. And with him not being attracted to Emily, he has kept using that excuse to justify not wanting to get involved with her (not that she really demonstrated romantic interest in Marten).

It's easy to do nothing when you can rationalise not doing it.

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

Really, the crowning moment of heartwarming for this arc is Claire's little smile in Strip 2808, panel 3. She's suddenly let herself believe that this is really happening and suddenly the day and life itself has totally changed for her.

The blush is gone. That was the first thing I noticed.
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

Uniquitous

• Plantmonster

Swedish Chef

• Plantmonster
  • Lurk lurk lurk!

#2808 is still up for me, and despite not being The Kiss(tm) might actually be more squeetastic.

2808 is/was/will have been/whilom haven been pitch-perfect. Am I the only one who tried to see if 2809 was there too?

I'm still not happy about this.  Not unhappy about the relationship mind you, but just unhappy about Marten's actions over the last few weeks of the comic. 

A few weeks back, Claire tried to flirt with Marten, and it went over his head entirely, causing him to instead self-reflect about being at the library (and Tai's status).  In strip time, it was only yesterday!  Then Marten got replaced with some doe-eyed constantly smiling chill dude who somehow is doing all he can to keep the ship afloat. 

I know people chalk it up to character growth, but frankly it seems like Marten has been replaced by a pod person.  Not to say that Marten couldn't, or wouldn't hook up with Claire, but not like this.  There has been "no Marten" to speak of in the last two weeks - you could have subbed in any random dude and the dialogue would have made just as much sense. 

If you start from the assumption that he's only thought about it in the last couple of days (comic time), sure it'd be jarring. But he's had much longer to think about it -- at least since the two of them dozed off in the same bed after the wedding -- and if you look at it in that light, it makes a lot more sense.

I do share eschalon's feelings on this one; the whole thing looks too rushed/unreal. First Marten craves pancackes to clean a drunken night away, then he's eating at Claire's house, then you get some odd explanation as to why he ended up at Claire's house in the first place.

And now ... Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure.

I don't know, I just don't know.

McFace

• Plantmonster
  • Myes rather!

I do share eschalon's feelings on this one; the whole thing looks too rushed/unreal. First Marten craves pancackes to clean a drunken night away, then he's eating at Claire's house, then you get some odd explanation as to why he ended up at Claire's house in the first place.

And now ... Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure.

I don't know, I just don't know.

Do you have an issue with any of the other "odd" things that have happened in this comic? The sequence of events that led up to Marten getting to Claire's house actually seems par for the course for QC.

Hell it's even totally believable IRL. When I lived with my parents they would answer my cell phone if I wasn't going to.

katharsys

• Not quite a lurker

I... I... *sigh* I am at a loss for words, which in this case isn't a bad thing.

I would squee some more, but I think I am all squeed out at this point. Just going to settle for a contented sigh and say A+.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

My mental soundtrack for this kiss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Thanks.  Now this, and Transformers and Regular Show, is going to be stuck in my head all day.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

grouchygizmo

• Plantmonster

So I am still re-reading the comic, and came across this page: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2245  Maybe Marten took that piece to heart, about "Waiting is for suckers"?

bryntheskits

• Larger than most fish
Hurp

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

My mental soundtrack for this kiss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

So then I'm the only one who went with the old standby?

TieDyeKat

• Larger than most fish
  • I like cheese

This is going to give someone a heart attack. It's finally happening after so much suspense. I've been waiting for this since claire was first introduced.  :mrgreen: Jeph is giving people what they want. I'll be heartbroken when they inevitably break up. No couples last forever in QC.

Are you wishing doom on Peter and Elssa? 
Please, sir, may I have some more?

SteveCostello

• Not quite a lurker

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit holyshit EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Devlosirrus

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

This calls for TMBG. 

I'm not going to break out the Dressy Bessy so you win.

kryptoknight

• Emoticontraindication

The squee that was induced by 2807 and 2808 may have liquified my brain.  Please excuse me whilst I go scoop up my grey matter.

eschaton

• Furry furrier

You mean like the Marten in 2666?  Which led to 2672, and which was immediately followed by a surprise visit from his mother to go on a date, which led to 2702, with some important advice from Mom in 2703. Which was followed later by Marten's field trip with Emily and Samantha, which led to a momentary confusion about Emily's possible interest and wondering why it freaked him out so much (2769).

The relationship between Claire and Marten has been a slow burn ever since Claire came out to him and ever since the wedding. He's actually become closer friends with Claire than everybody from the library, including Tai. So, when they both got a little drunk and Claire revealed her crush to him and then pulled back, Marten finally realized that Claire might see him more than as a friend. After Marten, in his words, "processed" what happened and what he now knows about Clarie's feelings (basically, he hit pause and did his mulling about the possibilities), he decided to take the risk and call Claire. Yeah, he missed Claire's attempt at flirting, but don't you think that happens a lot, with Marten and most people in general?

Marten's character been finding a direction for a long time now, ever since screwing up with Padma. Yeah, it might be hard to notice, because QC has become a large ensemble comic, but it's definitely there.

Martin was clearly going through a crisis in terms of life direction and what he wanted.  But IMHO it's kind of offensive to say what he was looking to fill the hole was a woman.  It especially becomes clear if you think about the genders being flipped around - if Marten was a girl who was fluttering around aimlessly, and then a man completed her.  Marten's main issue is he's a full on grownup with no plan for the future.  He doesn't want to go to grad school, he doesn't seem interested in a real job, and basically has nothing but vague dreams of being a musician he doesn't try too hard on.  He's a reasonably smart dude with no ambition.   

Maybe Claire can give him the support he needs to actually, you know, stop acting like a boy and become a man.  But it would have been so much more rewarding to see Martin genuinely grow up while he was single than to do it under Claire's tutelage.  Sort of similar to how Faye did so much improvement of herself while being single before Angus ever came into the picture. 

That's what I was seriously expecting from Martin anyway.  Becoming a grownup.  And that's why I'm a bit let down if, as people said, this is what Martin's new "decisiveness" boiled down to.

In case of Claire and Marten, Claire's mother could serve as surrogate mother and egg donor. Things like this are not new and have happened before.

Clairmom probably doesn't have viable eggs any longer.  Most women cannot get pregnant via their own eggs past age 44, and I'm guessing she's at least a few years older than that. 

I don't think this violates forum rules to say.  My apologies if it does, but given it's been established that Claire has been on hormones for 5-6 years, no matter the status of her bits, she isn't going to have any sperm to extract DNA from.  The DNA would have to come directly from somatic (body) cells, not gametes. 

T

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

And then you still have the issue of mitochondrial DNA, which sperm don't carry...

Mitochondrial DNA isn't a big deal and all you have to do is use the egg from a relative from the mother side of one of the individuals. It is entirely possible but there is a good chance of the proccess not going whrere it should go. Mostly of the times the embryo just becomes inviable and dies (like a YY or a triploid or another kid of serious chromossome aberration) but there are the smaller accidents.

Do you at least talk to people?
(click to show/hide)

Is that Watamote(I've watched part of the anime, but wasn't aware of a manga.)
Yeah, recently I found a blog by an aspie writer and she sais that is is a perfect despiction of an aspie train of thought.

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!

SQUEEEE!  :D

That is all.  :)

Alkahest

• Emoticontraindication

I'm not in the habit of reviewing the relationships of fictional character, but I can't shake the feeling that this romance is more... real, somehow, than Marten's previous things. And above all, it feels like a relationship in which all Marten's strengths - his kindness, tolerance and general laid-backness - might shine more brightly than before.

I don't think I've ever so much looked forward to seeing where this comic goes, as I do know. I just want to see these two persons complete each other. That'd make me all fuzzy inside.

T

In case of Claire and Marten, Claire's mother could serve as surrogate mother and egg donor. Things like this are not new and have happened before.

Clairmom probably doesn't have viable eggs any longer.  Most women cannot get pregnant via their own eggs past age 44, and I'm guessing she's at least a few years older than that. 
You are wrong in two points.
Yes, woman past 44 can get pregnenant. The chances are smaller but it is not even close to "cannot get" the main concern is on genetic problems like down's syndrome.

And I don't think Claire's mom look that old, she looks pretty youthful (and hot)

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/surrogate-mother-61-gives-birth-to-her-grandson/blogEntry?id=17151493&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.br%2F

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

I haven't written anything in a while because the comic seemed to be ebbing along for some time there but ...

... yesterday, I could feel the internet collectively sucking in air in suspenseful silence. And today an entire community of fans of a certain webcomic squeed in such a high pitch that I'm certain even the Jedis have felt it!  :-D

Without further adoo, I will join and thusly forfeit all the manliness that I've accumulated over the past months of working construction:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

DrBear

• Icon being from guest comic by the Hjinks Ensue.
    • Blog about my book

Just a thought about two episodes being available today...

Maybe I'm overthinking (like Marten used to do) but it could be the reason Jeph leaked the second comic quietly was because he knew there would be something of a discussion about how Marten would handle Claire's gender status, and he wanted to make it clear that Marten had given it some thought and was more concerned about Claire the person than, well, Claire the trans person. For now, end of that discussion.

"Cross that bridge when we get to it" works out pretty well.
I'm working on slashfic involving Lily from AT&T, Jan from Toyota and Jake from State Farm.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

My guess as to what will happen in the next few days. Claire and Marten will go to CoD and Faye being all content with playing matchmaker will undoubtedly lead to her own relationship problems and that is where the story arc will jump to her and Angus

iandanger

• Emoticontraindication

You're missing the point.

Warning - while you were typing 8542 new squees have been squeeed. You may wish to review your post and add squee.

This is butter AND honey/maple syrup?
You in the north hemisphere are very strange people...

The place I get vegan French toast at puts butter and powdered sugar on them, then provides a carafe of syrup to dip in. It is simultaneously too much and perfection.

aphanisis81

• Furry furrier

So what exactly happened with #2808? It was leaked, but now it's gone? Will it still be tomorrow's comic, or was it some sort of mistake that will never be posted and never be canon now?

And if the latter is the case, is it screen-capped somewhere?

T

The place I get vegan French toast at puts butter and powdered sugar on them, then provides a carafe of syrup to dip in. It is simultaneously too much and perfection.
Wouldn't that make them non-vegan?  :?

aphanisis81

• Furry furrier

"The place I get vegan French toast at puts butter and powdered sugar on them"

Do a lot of people order vegan food there only to de-veganify it with condiments? Is it the Irony Cafe?
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=14

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

So what exactly happened with #2808? It was leaked, but now it's gone?

It's uploaded, but not published through the web site.  There are multiple links to it back in the thread; or you can just click the Previous button and then edit the comic number in the URL to the number for tomorrow's post.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Up