THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 16:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Hannelore, Faye, Tai, Veronica...Who's our next stop on the Marten & Claire Get-Together World Tour?

"Jimbo!" "Dad!" "CLAIRE?" "...Jimbo?"
- 28 (35.4%)
Steve (Commence arms race!)
- 8 (10.1%)
Pintsize & Winslow ("It's been militarized!  RUN!")
- 20 (25.3%)
"...Tai?  Are you FOLLOWING us?" "Just wanted to see which slashfic played out!"
- 23 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2831-2835 (10 - 14 November 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 70376 times)

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Comic.

Yelling Bird is back, and in full form.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Personally I would list interaction with Momo among Clinton's negatives.

He's the only person we've seen her actually tasering and I find her reaction proportional and justified.

Spouting conspiracy theories about AIs to her was just plain rude as well.

I completely forgot about this sequence.

Siiiiigh.

Magniras

• Larger than most fish
  • INTERNET SPACESHIPS

I want a steady diet of Tim Hortons and lumberjack cocks...

HeavyP

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Woo!

"Dick Psychosis" + "Extra Limb Syndrome" = a recipe for the greatest Dual Tech EVER.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Good luck Jeph! Lexapro withdrawal is worst withdrawal.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

"Dick Psychosis" + "Extra Limb Syndrome" = a recipe for the greatest Dual Tech EVER.

The Trinocular vision might actually help.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

NemoX

• Lonely nobody

I go for Yelling Bird. His last appearance had an alarmingly low amount of filthy portmanteaus and YB will try to fix it.

winner!

really tho, I would have been surprised if that wasn't the case. So while we get another actual comic....anybody know any good puns? :P
"Wit is educated insolence" - Aristotle

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Coffee is a better drug of choice.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

Poor Jeph. I feel your pain dude.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker

Coffee is a better drug of choice.

Or Energy Drinks like Rockstar and Kickstarter.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint

Oh dear, Acute Babyhands.  Too big and stubby-fingered, and the thumbs don't work - all you can do is close them into fists (which sort of works for grabbing things, but not at all for anything more detailed) and wave them about.

At least he doesn't have numb tongue.  ("NUM TUM??")

Sylilthia

• Not quite a lurker

Oh look, its my first yelling bird comic.  I hadn't seen on until after I completed the archive. :)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

... Huh.

Well, if Jeph learns anything from this misadventure, it's that the effects and side-effects of pharmaceuticals can and do vary wildly from country to country!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -

Hanners is best described by reading the DSM IV.
DSM-IV, DSM-IV-TR, or DSM-5?
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

You want the V of course.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

BenRG

• coprophage

Gabby, lost in the maze of shelves, clad in the skins of slain Bibliodons, almost given up hope of ever finding her way back to the front desk, turns yet another corner--and somewhere, off in the distance, hears an Oooook.

Headcanon accepted.

I, too, like the thought that Gabby is trapped in L-Space. Either that, she imprudently went through a door marked 'Staff Only' (Tom Holt's Overtime) and is in another time and place altogether or she twisted a door-knob left whilst wearing a hat and ended up in Yankee Stadium (The Adjustment Bureau).
~~~~

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues

Hanners is best described by reading the DSM IV.
DSM-IV, DSM-IV-TR, or DSM-5?

Whichever one suits your style best, I suppose. Isn't that how people do everything?

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

[tweet]531919067519938560[/tweet]

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

Well, crap.  Hopefully the process of getting home won't make him strangle anyone.   Air travel blows even when it mostly works.
Middleways: webcomic / graphic novel / obsession

Gladstone

• The Tickler

I guess we'll have to click "previous" and look at Friday's strip again, instead. 
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

Lost and unable to find the restaurant, Marten and Claire must survive on the mean streets of Northampton until Jeph can sneak across the border and update the comic.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Looking around, they spot a bookstore occupying a spot they could've sworn used to be a condemned lot...yesterday.  They approach, but are suddenly forced to take cover as the glass front shatters and a dead bibliodon flies through the window.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

A battle scarred Gabby poses in the broken window, brandishing a poking stick and shouting "Who's getting put on the bus now, sucker?!"

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Headcanon accepted.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

They enter the mysterious bookstore, and suddenly find themselves at the Bombing of Guernica. As they begin to flee toward the exit, they spot Sara riding an allosaurus.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Blackbird

Headcanon accepted with one minor modification:

A battle scarred Gabby poses in the broken window, brandishing a poking stick in one arm and holding Lydia with the other, shouting "Who's getting put on the bus now, sucker?!"

I'm pretty sure that would make me squee even more than Martenclaire did.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

It's the serendipity.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish

They enter the mysterious bookstore, and suddenly find themselves at the Bombing of Guernica. As they begin to flee toward the exit, they spot Sara riding an allosaurus.

FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN?
_

Magniras

• Larger than most fish
  • INTERNET SPACESHIPS

FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN?
_

ABSCOND!

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues

FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN?
_

ABSCOND!
Limit break?

Krald

• Emoticontraindication
  • Thinking Machine

Um. Am i the only one who is rather miffed that he wouldn't get a buffer going before a known out of town Con? i mean, his patron pays him a rather ridiculous amount of money on top of him stating that he was able to do QC full time beforehand...

Estron

• Emoticontraindication
  • Old-fart QC aficionado

[tweet]531919067519938560[/tweet]

Well, foo.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Um. Am i the only one who is rather miffed that he wouldn't get a buffer going before a known out of town Con?

Yeah, probably.  So he ran into an unexpected problem and won't get a strip up tonight.  Either we get a guest comic or we wait a day.  These things happen sometimes.  Could be worse.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Claire and Marten are "kind of a thing, now."  But who will be the last to know?

Steve, who can surely shoulder the burden    2 (2.9%)
Gabby, who never got the text.  Wait, has anyone seen Gabby lately?  Gabby?  Gabby?  Oh crap she got eaten by a bibliodon    13 (18.6%)
Emily, who will try to give peas a chance but will only end up green with envy    4 (5.7%)
Clinton, whose response to the news is anything but evenhanded    21 (30%)
Veronica, who only hears about it from her old friend/college roommate/business partner (dramatic reveal) CLAIRE'S MOTHER?!    12 (17.1%)
Hannelore's dad, who is WORKING ON THE TECHNOLOGY!    13 (18.6%)
Pintsize, who is, um, also working on some technology.    5 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Magniras

• Larger than most fish
  • INTERNET SPACESHIPS

Um. Am i the only one who is rather miffed that he wouldn't get a buffer going before a known out of town Con? i mean, his patron pays him a rather ridiculous amount of money on top of him stating that he was able to do QC full time beforehand...

I think it might be a problem of him not having access to his buffer.  A missed connection means he might be stuck overnight somewhere, and then have the joy of taking a plane to his final destination before finally getting back to work on QC.

Estron

• Emoticontraindication
  • Old-fart QC aficionado

Jeph Jacques owes me precisely what I pay to view QC.  Bupkis.  Next comic comes when it comes.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

I think you could argue for not getting filler(Speaking in general, because fridays filler was the cutest thing ever), but today does seem out of his hands either way.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Claire and Marten are "kind of a thing, now."  But who will be the last to know?

[...]

Total Members Voted: 70

And it's only Monday.  Anyone else want to do a poll? (And can they?  Or am I the only one who can edit it?) I don't have any good ideas at the moment.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Only the OP or mods can do polls, and then only alter the original in a thread.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Well, to any mods out there, have at it.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

Things happen in any line of work. For instance, I went to a convention and told my work I would be able to work from the hotel a few hours a day because I would have internet in my room. I had stuff lined up to get finished while I was gone.

But the hotel had internet issues from overloading, I tried to use my phone to get some stuff to them, but the phone internet was also crashed from the convention.

Luckily, I had people to pick up the slack for me, who I got in touch with. Things happen. I take my job as seriously as I'm sure Jeph takes his (considering his general tone when he has to miss a comic, or a comic was late, which he has been doing really good about not happening anymore), but you can't be perfect all the time.

So yeah. just lay off. Not everyone is David Willis.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN?
_

ABSCOND!

They race for the back door and cram through it and find themselves in ......

Arisugawa's Locket
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

BenRG

• coprophage

Looks like the TSA is still bottom of US governmental agencies that make friends and positively influence people! In some ways, it is horribly impressive that they're worse at this than the IRS!
~~~~

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

The TSA are to security what McDonalds are to haute cuisine: Too fast, too cheap and too inflexible to actually achieve the desired result.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Well, the apparent "desired result" of McDonald's is to make teenagers unhealthy while making a lot of money, so the comparison is a bit faulty...
What do you know about Pokémon?

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

Although, customs isn't the TSA.

BenRG

• coprophage

Although, customs isn't the TSA.

FWIW, I've found that people tend to think of 'customs' as being the entire experience of officialdom between the aeroplane and leaving the airport - customs, security, baggage collection and the whole lot.
~~~~

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

Um. Am i the only one who is rather miffed that he wouldn't get a buffer going before a known out of town Con?

I'm guessing no, but asking who's pissed at the artist at their fan club meeting is ill advised.

i mean, his patron pays him a rather ridiculous amount of money on top of him stating that he was able to do QC full time beforehand...

People who donate to his Patreon campaign do so for their own reasons, and short of stretch goals (which have all been met), those donations do not obligate Jeph to do anything.

It's a great comic, and I definitely understand wanting the next one now, because MOAR COMIC and whatnot, but I doubt my (or your) frustration at missing a comic is anything close to his frustration at not being able to post one, regardless of why.
Middleways: webcomic / graphic novel / obsession

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined

Looks like the TSA is still bottom of US governmental agencies that make friends and positively influence people! In some ways, it is horribly impressive that they're worse at this than the IRS!
And in comparison to the dark times in Europe where going from west to east and east to west was at times intense, as a kid at the time, the officials were nothing but courteous and professional.
Mind you the ones with the actual guns and body armour were always in the background looking on with cold detachment, never making eye contact if you did look at them directly.

My encounters with the TSA and Homeland on the other hand has been like dealing with Gang Members.
There are always a few that are relate-able people but for the most part all are bullies who love to abuse their power and will find any excuse to exercise it and they will treat you as a criminal.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Magniras

• Larger than most fish
  • INTERNET SPACESHIPS

They race for the back door and cram through it and find themselves in ......

Arisugawa's Locket

>REVOLUTION!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up