Faye's gonna make a mistaaaaaake!

$5 bottle of scotch
Human/robot makeouts
Juicy gang
Two-ton Espressosaurus Rex terrorizes the town
Sven vs. Angus cage match!
Harem of Bros

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2873-2877 (12-16 January 2015)  (Read 49396 times)

Gladstone

• The Tickler
WCDT: 2873-2877 (12-16 January 2015)
« on: 10 Jan 2015, 21:10 »

Jeph's still in France this week, right?  So we're in for another round of earlier-than-usual comic updates?  Splendid.

Interested/worried about what Faye's going to do next.  More focus on that, or back to the condom hunt at the library?
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
Re: WCDT: 2873-2877 (12-16 January 2015)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2015, 23:50 »

This week it's rise of the machines.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2015, 06:57 »

So Gladstone, are you named in tribute to the Cracked writer or is this a coincidence?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2015, 09:50 »

Coincidence.  Couldn't decide on a username when I signed up here, and since I use William Gladstone's photo as my profile pic on another site, I just decided to go with that.  Don't read Cracked very often so I didn't realize there was a Gladstone there as well.  Sorry if there's been any confusion!
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:24 »

I'm going to repost ReindeerFlotilla's comment from the end of last week's thread, just to continue the discussion:

Depression tells lies. It most often tells lies about how the world must see the depressed person, but it often tells lies about the depressed person's choices.

Faye is depressed.

Alcohol is a depressant. Not exactly the same thing, obviously. It does, however, depress the "Wait-just-damn-minute" function of the brain. It makes it more difficult to see the flaws in a line of reasoning.

Depressed people listen to their depression's lies. Dragged out in the harsh light of day, 60% or more of the lies aren't even based in reality. 30% or so, are based in reality but distort it. The rest are close enough to the truth, that even the healthy mind wrestles with them. That rest carry 30% which. in turn, carry the 60%. If this is true, that must also be true, so that over there is also true, and that means I should kill myself.

It escalates quickly.

Faye is drunk.

A depressed person is already suffering from reason impairment and is also drunk.

I'd love to read something into what she's saying, but I don't think there's a greater truth about her relationship with Angus contained in this. The greater truth is that she doesn't like herself very much right now.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:33 »

For what it's worth, I agree that Faye doesn't like herself right now, especially since her level of enthusiasm over Angus's future didn't match his own and she couldn't even bring herself to try giving it a shot (or even sitting Angus down for a serious discussion about her feelings over this), but I can't see Jeph bringing up suicide as a plot point.  "The Talk" was probably the darkest QC is ever going to get; Faye seems pretty depressed and may end up making some bad decisions in the near future, but I doubt suicide will even be an option.  I could be wrong, of course, but I hope I'm not.  I still hope she looks at how gung-ho Angus was about following his dreams, and tries to channel some of that energy into her welding--if not full-time, then at least more regularly than she's been doing...

...She may need an intervention/kick to the rear first, though.  Pintsize?  Hanners?  Dora?  Marten?  Claire?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:38 »

Coincidence.  Couldn't decide on a username when I signed up here, and since I use William Gladstone's photo as my profile pic on another site, I just decided to go with that.  Don't read Cracked very often so I didn't realize there was a Gladstone there as well.  Sorry if there's been any confusion!

No confusion. I didn't realise there was a famous Gladstone that the Cracked one is presumably named after.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2015, 10:44 »

No confusion. I didn't realise there was a famous Gladstone that the Cracked one is presumably named after.

Can't speak for that Gladstone; I just liked how serious and grumpy The Right Honourable William Ewart Gladstone, four-time Prime Minister of Great Britain in the second half of the 19th Century, looks.  But if you like, I could slip into something more...comfortable...

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2015, 11:14 »

Up for a bit of truffle hunting, eh? 

As for Faye, I think there will be some more talking with Pintsize, who will surprise her (and the rest of us) by actually helping. 

Not sure how yet, but it's going to be deep. 

And peppered with sarcasm, memes and coarse humor. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2015, 12:21 »

Interested/worried about what Faye's going to do next.  More focus on that, or back to the condom hunt at the library?

I like how the pacing's been swapping back and forth. It's striking the balance between 'man we sure have been on Marten and Claire for awhile..' and 'when the hell are we going back to Marten and Claire?'

And pacifying my inner shipper aside it seems to be working for him. I don't necessarily like when he breaks mid story for wacky robot hijinks or what have you, but having two stories going at once works well.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2015, 13:09 »

I think that the Condom Hunt has been taken as far as it could be. There might be a strip or two about Marten and Claire discussing what is 'harmless fun' and what is 'sacrilegious defilement of sacred ground' but I suspect that the main focus will be Faye.

You know what? I think that the intervention has already started and it's going to be Pintsize. He's going to give Faye a serious talking to that will make her come to her senses. She'll be so drunk that she blacks out and wakes up tomorrow thinking that she had a dream in which her subconsciousness (using the avatar of Pintsize just to weird her out and make sure she is listening) gave her a metaphorical slap upside the head.

I suspect that she'll go to Dora or maybe Hanners and ask for help. She'll never realise that it really was Pintsize but that is entirely in line with his plans.

FRIDAY STRIP SUGGESTION
Panel 1: (Extreme close up of Faye's sad, ashamed eyes)
Panel 2: (slight zoom-out to full face)
FAYE: "Fuck. I... I don't even know where to start."
OTHER PERSON: (speech bubble from off the side of the panel) "Take your time; there's no rush."
Panel 3: (Faye is sitting in a simple metal-framed deckchair in a room)
FAYE: "My... My name... My name is Faye Whitaker and... and..."
Panel 4: (Wide angle; Faye is sitting in an arc of chairs with serious and sympathetic people sitting around her, applauding; Faye is covering her face with her hands; there are 'AA' posters on the wall behind her).
FAYE: "... and... and I'm an alcoholic."

Is she? Frankly, I'm not sure. If she is, she's a mild one but it is clear that she is a problem drinker. She certainly tries to use alcohol to avoid dealing with her problems. So, AA or not, I can see this arc finishing with Faye signing up to a self-help group because she's finally realised that there is no shame in admitting that you have problems (emotional as well as chemical)  and that you aren't automatically strong enough to deal with them on your own.

[edit]
Fixed two tehs
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2015, 13:23 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2015, 13:26 »

She should probably go and visit Dr. Corrine first.  The FDA may have approved a swift kick in the rear as a valid treatment option by now.

(Also, we haven't seen Dr. Corrine in a while...)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2015, 13:48 »

I miss her.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2015, 14:58 »

Comic's up!

Aaaannnd... I could be completely wrong and Pintsize could just get his jollies by encouraging Faye to do silly things. Not dangerous things, just silly things (which, I suppose classes a little like keeping her safe, in a way).

It looks like Jeph's going to have the main cast realise that Faye is going off the deep end one-by-one and then a mass intervention either at the end of this week or filling next week. Can you say 'marathon deprogramming session'?
~~~~

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2015, 14:59 »

And pacifying my inner shipper aside it seems to be working for him. I don't necessarily like when he breaks mid story for wacky robot hijinks or what have you, but having two stories going at once works well.

Inner Shipper is my Jefferson Airplane  tribute band.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jan 2015, 15:06 »

This really has the feel of one of the earlier strips.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #16 on: 11 Jan 2015, 15:13 »

But does it end with Faye punching and/or throwing up on Marten?

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #17 on: 11 Jan 2015, 15:28 »

I could be completely wrong and Pintsize could just get his jollies by encouraging Faye to do silly things. Not dangerous things, just silly things (which, I suppose classes a little like keeping her safe, in a way).

He's also managed to steer her away from self-pity and towards a more cheerful form of drunkenness.  Although that "Mayyyyybe" in panel 2 looks a bit flirtatious to me. 

DANGER DANGER KEEP AWAY THIS SHIP AIN'T SEAWORTHY

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jan 2015, 15:37 »

Although that "Mayyyyybe" in panel 2 looks a bit flirtatious to me. 

This.  The good news is, he's sober and happy.  The bad news is it may not end up mattering to Faye.
Middleways: webcomic / graphic novel / obsession

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #19 on: 11 Jan 2015, 17:25 »

But does it end with Faye punching and/or throwing up on Marten?
There's still time for that.

Also, obviously we all have an inkling of why Faye is drinking, but it is fair to note, that she may have worked the morning.  When I used to have to get up at 0430, damned right I'm going to be having a G&T at 1400, since I just finished working, and that was my "happy hour".
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jan 2015, 18:06 »

This.  The good news is, he's sober and happy.  The bad news is it may not end up mattering to Faye.

I'm sure Hanners is eavesdropping. She'll step in before things get dark.

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #22 on: 11 Jan 2015, 19:16 »

This really has the feel of one of the earlier strips.

I can totally hear Faye's southern drawl coming out in the third panel!

Damn.  Faye can't be drunk/stupid enough to make a move on Marten, right?  Marten turning her down is assured (even if he wasn't with Claire, he's too much of a standup guy to let anything happen while a friend is drunk/depressed. 

But if Faye makes a move, and is scorned, where can she possibly go to be assured comfort?   :wink:

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #23 on: 11 Jan 2015, 22:21 »

Just want to say that I don't think Faye is suicidal, atm. I was trying to illustrate how depression progresses from logic to illogic in a continuous manner.

How Faye deals with being depressed is an unknown--though I think we're learning, now. We know she's had to deal with bad stuff before, but her descriptions sound less like a depression and more like a break--That she doesn't remember her accident isn't surprising, but that she is confused enough about her state of mind that she doesn't know if it was an accident suggests a confused state of mind.

This is super consistent with Faye's current behavior from an author's POV. It's all thematically "Faye." When facing painful realities, Faye runs away. Her father commits suicide, Faye flees into mental breakdown. People Faye unconditional love, she gives them punches in return. Indeed, as creepy as Angus's courting of her was, given her general attitude, his willingness to get verbally and physically beaten probably made him the most likely candidate to begin with. Angus is very difficult to push away or run from.

See? it even sounds creepy.

One could imagine that The Nightly Show (with Larry Wilmore?) was the excuse she needed to go back to old habits. It's possible. But that would suggest that it is a habit, because it wasn't a plan.

People get into habits like these because the bad things that result are indistinguishable from their status quo. Pushing people away is painless if you've created a lonely life. Letting people in removes the lonely. If you are in the habit of pushing people away, you may create lonely when you had none.

It's clear that Faye was used to a certain lack of intimacy. Being friends with Marten changed that, somewhat. But Angus was a big change for her. It's very likely that she balked at the long distance thing out of habit, without any idea of how painful it would be.

I'm not suggesting that staying with Angus was her best choice. For all we know, her fears of LDR point to very real issues that would have been even more painful. But I am saying that Faye didn't realize how much this would hurt.

As to whether Faye would put a move on Marten--Faye is more selfish than Marten. There's a bit less of the old morality in Faye than Marten.

Drunk Marten made a (Terrible) pass at Faye during a depressive mood. If he could do it, she certainly can.

But I'm not expecting that. Faye's like that when she's enjoying herself. That kind of exaggerated action can be indicative of flirting--Someone trying to be super obvious--or it could be that she's trying to convince herself that she's having a good time. (Or it could be that she's having a good time. Pintsize might be better at this companion thing than anyone imagines.)

tragic_pizza

• Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #24 on: 11 Jan 2015, 22:22 »

I didn't see the "maaaybe" as flirtatious. It's Faye trying to be funny.

Marten and Faye are 'way beyond drunken passes, 'way beyond that kind of thing crossing either of their minds. It would be - to both of them - like making out with your sibling.

Warning - while you were typing a new shipper has posted. You may wish to give up and go learn macrame.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

ysth

• capital eszet
« Reply #25 on: 11 Jan 2015, 22:55 »

My take on Faye's current struggle:

Faye decided to not try to make the relationship with Angus work (at the time, it seemed to me like that was deciding not to try to have a long distance relationship work; from what we see now it seems more like deciding not to move to make it work, but that may be her editing after the fact).  It seems clear to me that that was because she truly didn't feel she was in a place to do it.  Obviously to some extent that is a self-fulfilling feeling, but I don't know that that makes it any less valid.  And if that's what she felt, she made the right decision.

I don't think her angst now is (directly) about things with Angus not working out or even her second guessing that decision; it's about her having to step back from a "hey, I'm really getting things together; look, I'm dating this guy and it's going well" to a "have I made any progress at all in dealing with my issues?  doesn't feel like it to me".  And what she needs to do is admit to herself, not that she made the right decision (she did), but that this doesn't mean she's back to square one.  She has made a lot of progress in a lot of ways.  Doesn't mean her first try at a relationship was guaranteed to stay within the range of what she could do.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jan 2015, 23:23 »

...She may need an intervention/kick to the rear first, though.  Pintsize?  Hanners?  Dora?  Marten?  Claire?
Marten should alert Hanners right away. She really knows how to kick ass when required.

As for Faye's current behavior, we already know too well her use of alcohol as an anti-depressant. It is not the recommended medication, of course, but it has a certain calming effect. I think Jeph illustrates beautifully how some people may slip into alcoholism.

Left to herself, Faye would soon get into deep trouble. Fortunately, she has good friends that will help her.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #27 on: 11 Jan 2015, 23:42 »

I don't think her angst now is (directly) about things with Angus not working out or even her second guessing that decision; it's about her having to step back from a "hey, I'm really getting things together; look, I'm dating this guy and it's going well" to a "have I made any progress at all in dealing with my issues?  doesn't feel like it to me".  And what she needs to do is admit to herself, not that she made the right decision (she did), but that this doesn't mean she's back to square one.  She has made a lot of progress in a lot of ways.  Doesn't mean her first try at a relationship was guaranteed to stay within the range of what she could do.

IAWTC.

I supposed I'd have said that, instead, had I thought of it. That's the core pain of going against old habits. When you fall back into them, you question whether you've changed at all--whether you "deserve" to have the benefits of change.

Faye is sliding, a small step at a time, into alcoholism. She seems to be doing it as a means of avoidance. From our position, as metaviewers, it's easy to see. From inside the story, it may be less obvious. Though, if one of the team doesn't react to it soon, I think the suspension of disbelief is going to get...strained.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #28 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:25 »

A lot depends on how much drama Jeph wants in this. I could see Marten destroying all the booze in the apartment and forcing Faye to stay home with him tomorrow in-universe and try to flush out her system with coffee and water. This may end up with her fighting him to try to get out (and to booze) or it might end up with her breaking down into a blubbering mess and she spills out her heart to him.
~~~~

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:50 »

what she needs to do is admit to herself, not that she made the right decision (she did), but that this doesn't mean she's back to square one.  She has made a lot of progress in a lot of ways.  Doesn't mean her first try at a relationship was guaranteed to stay within the range of what she could do.

This is my take on things too. She came into the story pathologically unable to get into a relationship. She's way past that stage, but she can't expect it all to work out perfectly the first time (or second, if you count Sven).

And FWIW, I don't anticipate any Marten/Faye shenanigans at this point. Both of them are far too sensible for that, sober or not.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #30 on: 12 Jan 2015, 08:24 »

I didn't see the "maaaybe" as flirtatious. It's Faye trying to be funny.

Marten and Faye are 'way beyond drunken passes, 'way beyond that kind of thing crossing either of their minds. It would be - to both of them - like making out with your sibling.

Warning - while you were typing a new shipper has posted. You may wish to give up and go learn macrame.

But with the combination of being both drunk and depressed her judgment isn't exactly what it should be.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #31 on: 12 Jan 2015, 08:29 »

But with the combination of being both drunk and depressed her judgment isn't exactly what it should be.

I could see this as being the ultimate bittersweet Fayten moment. She grabs Martin, kisses him hard and steps back with a mournful expression. "I don't have a brother but I think I know now what it would be like to kiss my brother."

To which (to keep a light atmosphere) Marten will reply: "I think that's what it would be like to kiss a bottle of cheap whiskey!"
~~~~

ItsNotATumor

• Not quite a lurker
  • Eat any good books lately?
« Reply #32 on: 12 Jan 2015, 09:23 »

I can see Faye drunk coming on to Marten, mirroring his drunk come ons to her early in the strip. He rebuffs her, and it gets really awkward.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 12 Jan 2015, 13:41 »

Coming up next

Sobbing and Hangovers
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #34 on: 12 Jan 2015, 14:15 »

New comic...

Well, that's what you get when you eat Cheetos and beef jerky right before going to bed...
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #35 on: 12 Jan 2015, 14:27 »

Actually I'd guess it came from reading some fanfic.  You just know that in our world someone has written a fanfic where character X gives birth to their best friend in canon character Y, so I have no doubt someone in the QCverse has written that same sort of fanfic.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #36 on: 12 Jan 2015, 14:30 »

I think baby Hanners is going to have problems drinking something that came out of a person.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #37 on: 12 Jan 2015, 14:46 »

New comic...

Well, that's what you get when you eat Cheetos and beef jerky right before going to bed...

I think that about sums it up. It also says several alarming things about how Marigold's subconscious works (or, more accurately, doesn't work). Jeph is also giving us a warning about what is to come ahead: Nothing is off the table anymore; it can only get more psychedelic from here on in, f... f... folks!

Seriously, something tells me that Marigold has a fear of responsibility and a fear that Dale will dump her. Both completely explicable, given what we know about her!
~~~~

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #38 on: 12 Jan 2015, 14:49 »

Dale doesn't seem too fazed.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #39 on: 12 Jan 2015, 15:09 »

Nothing fazes Dale. Particularly not an extremely ridiculous anxiety dream his girlfriend had. "Not gonna happen, Marigold; go back to sleep."
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jan 2015, 15:37 »

Probably nowhere near the strangest thing Marigold's told Dale.
Wonder what planted the idea in M's subconscious of her being parental to Hanners, instead of vice versa.
Wonder how Hanners would react to learning of this.
Wonder how Hanners would turn out as the product of a Marigold-Dale genetic combination done nature's way (I'm assuming, I know  ... ) and upbringing.
EDIT: Wonder if Momo realizes the degree to which she has succeeded in becoming Marigold's conscience.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2015, 17:53 by DSL »
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #41 on: 12 Jan 2015, 15:53 »

oh, anxiety dreams.  been there.

They tend to be the most absurd when viewed by the light of morning, 'cause your subconscious has abandoned any attempt at subtlety to smack you with the thing you should be (already are) Very Worried About.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #42 on: 12 Jan 2015, 16:09 »

it can only get more psychedelic from here on in, f... f... folks!

Tai's smoking something new, everyone's getting second hand high. Claire's burning library books. Marten thinks he's a bear. Emily remains unchanged.

oh, anxiety dreams.  been there.

I miss traditional scary nightmares. They break suspension of disbelief and the dream goes lucid and I can basically be Goku or something.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #43 on: 12 Jan 2015, 16:17 »

They really are going to have to give up those Horror/Anime binges.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Dr. Desperate

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #44 on: 12 Jan 2015, 16:23 »

Upon reading today's strip, my other half remarked that Baby Hanners would be 'so cute as a plushie'.

Me, I find the thought a tad too freaky.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #45 on: 12 Jan 2015, 16:41 »

They really are going to have to give up those Horror/Anime binges.

I'd totally watch a Azumanga Daioh horror anime.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #46 on: 12 Jan 2015, 17:52 »

I want to be mad at Jeph for cutting to this comic, because we have so many balls hanging in the air waiting for resolution.

But I can't be mad at Jeph for this comic.

Because just look at it.
oh god

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #47 on: 12 Jan 2015, 18:36 »

Wait...why are we all so certain that this is Marigold's dream?

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #48 on: 12 Jan 2015, 18:41 »

It is Marigold's dream, but is it real-life Marigold or the Marigold who just woke up but is still in FAYE'S DREAM? (Inception chord)
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #49 on: 12 Jan 2015, 18:44 »

It is Marigold's dream

But there's nothing there that clearly indicates that it's her dream.  Maybe Dale had the dream, woke up, told Marigold about it, and then had to reassure her that he would never do such a thing.

That's my headcanon now.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2015, 18:52 by Gladstone »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up